• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob, Truelize, Slo and I played some 4 player legendary last night. It was pretty sweet. Only the first two levels so it was pretty easy, I imagine as the game progresses it will only get tougher.

How in the world is anyone supposed to beat legendary by themselves though...

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Bob, Truelize, Slo and I played some 4 player legendary last night. It was pretty sweet. Only the first two levels so it was pretty easy, I imagine as the game progresses it will only get tougher.

....bastards....

DCX

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
LukeSmith said:
Konex/Vumpler one of you IM me.

WTF. You IM me. You're the one that get pissy with caps when I contacted you earlier yesterday. So fuck that you get ahold of me. Jason1nk.

I can't wait for this game. :D

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol earlier i had like 38 people online, all were playing halo 3 except 2 (one was away, the other playing phantasy star) :lol
Jobber? My friends list was the same -_-
Looks like our fates are intertwined as we rise and fall at the same times in the rankings! Superbowl meeting confirmed! You bring Juwanna Mann and I’ll bring king alex and the tank!
6nz5u9

LukeSmith said:
Rors, PM me or IM me (my info is at hte league) and I'll sort this out and expedite the process.
That's ok...contacted the online store and they will let me send it back and get a regular edition and store credit. Last few times I dealt with MS, it wasn't pretty. Even with the help of a community rep, it was a long and arduous process. I've learned my lesson. :p Thanks for the offer, though.

Wellington said:

Sorry I missed your message, but if you guys are playing tonight again let me know.

Denogginizer (sp?) when do you want to play our game?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Slo said:
Chris Kluwe will lead the league in punts and punt yards, mark my words.

NOT IF CAPT. PLACKIMEIER HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!

Sucks that I showed up before Bob or True, but I get kicked out!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
Jobber? My friends list was the same -_-

Was I the one listed as away? Cause I had it on.

I was playng Halo 3,I just didnt want to be bothered by anyone :lol

Slo

Lonestar said:
NOT IF CAPT. PLACKIMEIER HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!

Sucks that I showed up before Bob or True, but I get kicked out!

If you want to do the campaign on Legendary, just let me know.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Was I the one listed as away? Cause I had it on.

I was playng Halo 3,I just didnt want to be bothered by anyone :lol
Yup. You were away and Jobber was on PSO...dunno how he still plays that...

LiveWire

Lonestar said:
Sure, we'll punt our way through Legendary Halo!

"And the Elites have had a hard time all campaign long covering returns...and it's Master Chief, gonna run it back to the middle, gets past the first wave and HERE HE GOES!! It's Chief! Master Chief is gonna take it ALL THE WAY FOR A TOUCHDOWN! 92 YARDS! MASTER CHIEF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!"

LiveWire said:
"And the Elites have had a hard time all campaign long covering returns...and it's Master Chief, gonna run it back to the middle, gets past the first wave and HERE HE GOES!! It's Chief! Master Chief is gonna take it ALL THE WAY FOR A TOUCHDOWN! 109 YARDS! MASTER CHIEF YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!"

fixed. Chief would break Hobbs's record.

Vumpler that avatar play is awesome.

Fifty

FMT, I noticed that you didn't update the comments for the last 3 spots in the power rankings. Is that a form of punishment for the worst 3 players/teams?

I'm 6th worst! Then again, I did get sacked 12 times in the game after the rankings were done, so I might be sinking even lower next rankings.. :(

I think the team selection for season 2 shouldn't be based on the records but rather the power rankings!

Yo Gunstar holler at this bet welcher so we can get our game on! I've enjoyed last place by myself for a while now, it's been comfortable. While the saying is that misery loves company, I dont like company down here in last place. So either you beat me so I have last place all to myself again or I win and get a new home at 3rd place. Either way, I'm selfish and I want my position all to myself!

AIM: ProfessaSkillset

Holla!!!

Lonestar

I really dislike this game. Tons of "I'M PRESSING THE BUTTON EA!" and "Why can't my receivers jump 10 feet in the air?"

Throw in the lovely INT glitch, and you've got Ramen Noodles.

Slo

Lonestar said:
I really dislike this game. Tons of "I'M PRESSING THE BUTTON EA!" and "Why can't my receivers jump 10 feet in the air?"

Throw in the lovely INT glitch, and you've got Ramen Noodles.

Passing seems to get easier after you beat your head against the wall for a while. Even with TJack. ;-)

Here's what you do. Find a few passing plays that have good routes and practice the hell out of them in practice mode. Put the defense on random, and find out what routes are likely to be open versus man coverage, versus zone coverage, and what your check downs are going to be if the blitz comes. Find out when each of the patterns is likely to come open. Some will be open early and go dead after 10 yards, some will take time to develop.

Find at least one good passing play for each formation that you like to run the ball out of, and find at least one decent run play out of your passing formations.

Lonestar

Slo said:
Passing seems to get easier after you beat your head against the wall for a while. Even with TJack. ;-)

Here's what you do. Find a few passing plays that have good routes and practice the hell out of them in practice mode. Put the defense on random, and find out what routes are likely to be open versus man coverage, versus zone coverage, and what your check downs are going to be if the blitz comes. Find out when each of the patterns is likely to come open. Some will be open early and go dead after 10 yards, some will take time to develop.

Find at least one good passing play for each formation that you like to run the ball out of, and find at least one decent run play out of your passing formations.

All of that's well and good. But doesn't fucking work. I'm stuck to pretty much only using bootleg pa's, just because someone gets open.

If I pass it to a guy that was open, which I did twice, but still ends up picked off by the Magic Ball glitch (seemingly change trajectory into a trailing defender). And DCX can just throw it in the crowd, and BOOM, reception. Running is shoddy. Tackled for a loss 9 times. Only reason I hit 125 yards, was on the other 9 carries I actually hit open field, which is insane. Though I'm down by 20 some odd points. Got a QB I "think" can throw, but can't run. Got a QB that can run but can't pass.

but i havent quit. unlike one guy from the nba2K7 league last year...

oh that was you

you would have quit if i agreed to let chrisjames replace you, but i thought better of it.

and i don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck about the nba leagues!
i was having real life problems you heartless scum! just for that im going to win the superbowl this season to spite you :D

Fifty

Lonestar said:
All of that's well and good. But doesn't fucking work. I'm stuck to pretty much only using bootleg pa's, just because someone gets open.

If I pass it to a guy that was open, which I did twice, but still ends up picked off by the Magic Ball glitch (seemingly change trajectory into a trailing defender). And DCX can just throw it in the crowd, and BOOM, reception. Running is shoddy. Tackled for a loss 9 times. Only reason I hit 125 yards, was on the other 9 carries I actually hit open field, which is insane. Though I'm down by 20 some odd points. Got a QB I "think" can throw, but can't run. Got a QB that can run but can't pass.

I'll trade you teams!

Only problem is, I'd also be trading you my 2-6 record for your 4-4 :lol

Rorschach

Played as the Vince Youngs today. They're pretty damn good. 87 rated QB and a great running game. Sure, they have shitty receivers and a subpar (passing) o-line, but I'm already used to that. Quite an improvement.

Slo said:

First off.....

<----------------

So stop doing me dirty with the rankings French!!! Talk about the injustice that is Tony Romo being ranked a paltry 84 overall!

After struggling with the whole issue of tired and true strategies no longer working in this game due to design changes, I have a pretty good idea on what is takes to be successful for this year's version of the game. Here are 5 tips from a dude that's 4-3....so take this with a grain of salt I guess :lol

1. Set your audibles prior to setting your foot online. That means defensively too! You should have a play that counters every type of conceivable defense in the game. I'm not going to get too specific as I still have games to play, but to use Vumpler's example of blitzing corners when he manually hangs back with safeties, I have two plays in my audibles I can think of that beat that style of coverage.

2. Running is possible. In fact, I'd argue you have to run to keep players from using heavy zone and watching the picks come from the spider sensing defenses. I've had success running it between the tackles and running outside as well. It really depends on your personel.

3. Play-action is borderline useless when some sends the blitz. The only way to be successful is against someone that is stubborn about letting his 4 down linemen try to do all the dirty work. If someone is playactioning you to death, you aren't blitzing so learn to strategically bring the heat!

4. Mix up your user controlled guy on defense. If you are playing someone good, they will eventually start running plays that take advantage of the lack of different looks you are providing. Have your opponent guessing about what person you are going to control on defense.

5. The best antidote for constant hevy pressure is a steady dose of fly and post patterns with your tight ends and screens with your receivers and running backs.

P.S. dont use any of this stuff againt me, that is kind of unethical right?!?!?

Ramirez

Hmm, well me and Sick seem to have very different schedules. :lol

If you see me on Halo tonight, just send me a message and I'll switch over.

i wish EA put in a patch that masked which player you were controlling. i don't think that's fair that the other person can see who you are controlling! they need to also mask it so you can actually use the run block feature, cause anytime you try to use it and the opponent sees you are taking control of the o-line they know whats coming

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i wish EA put in a patch that masked which player you were controlling. i don't think that's fair that the other person can see who you are controlling! they need to also mask it so you can actually use the run block feature, cause anytime you try to use it and the opponent sees you are taking control of the o-line they know whats coming
Maybe on offense, but on defense you'd get blitzing LBs every play and no one would be able to tell. :p Their excuse for showing you switching on offense is to "fake" like you're running...which is bs because it's not practical. Also, they need a way to switch from player to player faster on offense.

[edit] btw, guys, if JRuss' retarded ass can be POTW, any QB can. You just have to find your niche and run with it. West coast offense ftw.

vumpler

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i was having real life problems you heartless scum! just for that im going to win the superbowl this season to spite you :D
Biyatch you gotta come through me first! :D

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn thats a lot of shit for vumpler to be talking to someone [he] got stomped by :lol
(neutral) vumpler

...sorry, the set up was just there...someone had to knock it down.

Top Bottom