• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Fifty

Is this for real

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/teams/teamnews.asp?lid=1307&tid=63887&aid=58916&op=full

jason1nk (8:36:54 PM): you're a scrub you've never done anything lol
jason1nk (8:37:05 PM): all real leagues and tourneys are through sharkwaters

this site is hilarious

from their FAQ

11. Are Cheats Allowed?

NOT UNLESS YOU BOTH SEPCIFICALLY AGREE TO IT! Because cheats have become a basic staple of most online games, we cannot prevent challenges that two players mutually agree to. Members can arrange challenges how they like, as long as they are specific. If you wish to do so, just make sure to mention this in your challenge description.

Miguel

sWe8633.jpg

Miguel

Days of our Madden
Madden Hospital
One Drive to Live
Young and the Bushless (ok this probably is the title of something completely different)

Madden League > Soap Operas

DRAMA!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
LOL wtf? How do you change text in a chat log? :lol
I think I've heard of that site actually.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. stop manual catching now. everyone else is "dealing" with receiver in "congestion", so you can too.

REALLY????

I thought we all just figured we'd throw 35 INT's each this year...

Rorschach

:lol I logged off WAY too early last night. I wouldn't be surprised if vumpler thought that he could get away with it because he thought Scoot was new to the leagues. And you can't deny your play calling when he has a smart QB. If he says you only ran a couple of plays on D, he knows for sure because he probably read them, not just because of the formation.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
Nope its most definitely from when I reaudible to the same play to force my guys to line up on top of the player as opposed to staying way inside of them.

But we can't do that so I won't do it anymore.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What? "Smart" players pick up audibles? I thought they didn't. I audible a lot against smart LBs and I don't remember it filling up their light bulbs.

bluemax

Banned
Lonestar said:
REALLY????

I thought we all just figured we'd throw 35 INT's each this year...

I was really surprised the other day when I found out my average of 2 INTs a game didn't even lead the league. I feel like every game I go into I'm going to have at least 2 INTs. Once they're both out of the way I usually relax and play a bit better.

SickBoy

So I've got to ask, what's the word on blitzes? I'm calling more than I would like to -- whether it's a five-, six-, or seven-man rush -- just because I get zero pressure from my front four. Not every down, but sometimes it feels damn close...

Back in the day of 06, I used to frequently send an outside guy on obvious passing downs, but my 'standard D' was not built on the blitz. This year, I think it's more the opposite.

If this is cheese, I'll try to adjust the gameplan as best I can, but I'm hoping this vumpler uproar is more about the accumulation of stuff and also the every-play(?) use of the 46...

SickBoy

Also, Ramirez, when do you want to play our game? I'm back late from work (about 10PT) tonight and probably a little earlier tomorrow. I should also be able to free up some time with advance notice on Saturday... preferably during the day.

And is CP currently RROD or something? I see he's got some zeroes and ties and what have you leading up to this week. If not, then I need to schedule that game, too.

Ramirez

I'll be home tonight at 9 EST if you want to play our game Sick/Daw.

I get off work at 5 EST on Sat. if you'd like to play then Sick.

SickBoy

Ramirez said:
I'll be home tonight at 9 EST if you want to play our game Sick/Daw.

I get off work at 5 EST on Sat. if you'd like to play then Sick.

That's probably best unless you're able to stay up late... like 1 or 2 ET tonight or 1 on Friday. I guess the alternative would be a game tomorrow during the day/morning. I'm available until about 11:30 ET.

LOL!! I missed out on all the fun last night!!

I wish I could defend Vumpler with all the attacking he is getting, but uh....I can't say that I can as my experiences have been similar to some testimonies that have been given already. The fact that he milked the clock from halftime on in the conference title game from Season 9 is something I will never forget. While it was my hope that he learned to conform to GAF style etiquette like I have, it's sad to see he hasn't changed at all. Hopefully this latest shitstorm will inspire him to cut all the cheese he has somewhat become synonymous with...

vumpler said:
never manually caught with Steve or swatted. Only with Carter and Jarret because they are in those routes that are congested when they cross.

That's not true. You took control of Steve Smith against me on a long bomb at least once when you were trying to run down the ball. I remember that vividly, but I can't remember if you did it any other time.

DMczaf

gg striker

I thought you guys were kidding about the Cards o-line being soft, I didnt blitz one time against Striker and I still had 6 sacks. I know which team I'm avoiding in Season 11!

Striker

DMczaf said:
gg striker

I thought you guys were kidding about the Cards o-line being soft, I didnt blitz one time against Striker and I still had 6 sacks. I know which team I'm avoiding in Season 11!
That one drive you got the safety on... WHAT. THE. FUCK.

One sack I had TWO OL standing in front of me, but your player goes right through them and you wrap up the sack. Another play, I do a counter left with two OL in front of my RB. What happens? The defensive player goes unblocked and tackles my RB for only a small gain. And can't forget the safety where you went untouched again with three of my OL standing around.

But you did great containing the deep pass. I wanted to go deep a few, but you had everything covered well. GG!

DMczaf

WTF is a Houston RB doing at the top of Rushing Carries?!

Matrix does not run the ball! Who is really using the Texans?!

What was the final score of your game with vumpler, luke? I know you won just wondering what the score ended up being since its not on leaguedaddy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:

:lol

I'm only running a ton cause this game is too int happy.

daw840

So I got my 360 back, WOW is all I have to say. According to the Microsoft it was going to be another 2 weeks. Anyway, whoever needs to play me let me know, just tell me when. I am usually available after 5:30 pm pacific time on the weekdays and anytime on the weekends.

GT = Qbert420

AIM = daw840daw

also, if anyone wants to play some co-op Halo 3 let me know.

Rorschach

DMczaf said:

Don't worry. No one will ever catch you. Even Larry Johnson is gasping for air just looking at how much your run Carnell. He's gonna die, you know.

*cue Drago*

DMczaf

Luke, tell your Bungie friends that it was not funny having the Famine skull where it is!

MrBob and I took about 30 mins trying to get it

DMczaf

Don't be jealous. You could have been there with us, but you had more important things to do like making leaguedaddy awards!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
think I died 79 times trying to get to that. Airbrian and Truelize were trying to navigate different vehicles to get a better reach to it. Don't know how, but I think Airbrian just successfully grenade jumped up there. I can eventually get a picture of that, but I'll have to go back through 45-55 minutes of film!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Holy christ the NFC is going to be fucking cut throat from here to the end. :lol

I predict that I barely miss the playoffs. Probably by a tiebreaker.

Wellington said:
Holy christ the NFC is going to be fucking cut throat from here to the end. :lol

I predict that I barely miss the playoffs. Probably by a tiebreaker.

I'll downplay my chances as well and predict I don't make it either.

Top Bottom