• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Striker

Coldblooded,

GG. I'm sorry about the final TD though. I wanted to simply run out the clock and once I got past the first down marker the endzone was just so close. I didn't think about stopping until I finally was at the 2-yard line. :lol

I was in a scare until Terrance Holt picked off that pass. Boy I got lucky. And what the fuck about those fumbles? Shipp fumbles the kickoff. I Challenge and it overturns. Cool. Very next play, I run with my FB who fumbles and Cold gains possession. I was beginning to think I pissed off the Madden Gods or something. :(

LiveWire

This is a little off-topic but did any of you get scratches on your collector's edition Halo 3 discs? Did Microsoft offer a replacement program or do I have to return them via mail to Best Buy (I ordered from BestBuy.com)?

Wellington said:
I will be playing FS in our game. I believe Sable plays on the line as well, so I had to switch it up.

Great..... :(

BTW, I owe you a big apology for calling you a cheeser in week one. Given the relative newness of the game, I've never seen my line blown up so much like that prior to our game. Instead of realizing it was the game that had issues, I jumped to conclusions and assumed you were conciously using an exploit. In subsequent games over the past several weeks, I've had an opporuntuity to see more examples of that scenario unfold right in front of me where my line simply refuses to block.

So there you go GAF, Wellington is vindicated.... in case there was any doubt...

embeddedimage_167164_1.jpg

:lol at the "Game of the Week" blurbs. A little harsh don't ya think? There's room on the Cowboys bandwagon. Come be a real american brother...

hulk.jpg

Ramirez

That's a pretty nice avatar FMT is sporting these days...

Finally got back on the winning side of a game, but I fumbled the opening kickoff and was down 7-0 about 2 seconds in, we had fumbles everywhere, one got overturned, but it involed DC fumbling, then my guy picking it up, fumbling, then a Browns lineman picking it up and running about 60 yards for a TD. This game is shit in a bag most of the time, ugh.

My power ranking comment is funny though, considering my past few games have been terrible all around, and it is actually the games bullshit. The game I just won was full of it too, there is no "club" friend, just stating facts. :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
I will be playing FS in our game. I believe Wellington plays on the line as well, so I had to switch it up.

Gotta keep him guessing or something like that
Maybe you forget, but remember the game last year when you were using portis to run outside? And how I had to switch to FS to stop that? And now Shawn is running with success too so maybe I need some help.

:lol @ Cold's power ranking comment.

Mrbob

Rors I have it on good word from Slo you have been talking shit about how you will crush me in our game.

When do you want to rumble in the jungle?

BTW the sex cannon will live on in the Madden league!

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Rors I have it on good word from Slo you have been talking shit about how you will crush me in our game.

When do you want to rumble in the jungle?

BTW the sex cannon will live on in the Madden league!
I can go now if you can...

...and slo is full of it. :lol

Mrbob

I need to win every game!

15-1 may get me a playoff spot in the NFC.

MAYBE.

Rorschach said:

I can play when I get home....

in about 3 hours.

AND YES I AM DVRING HEROES. I am not putting the game on hold to watch my tv shows. :D

Rorschach

2 Raiders robbed in defensive POTW :( [edit] Oh wait, Lechler is there! Future HOFer!

Mrbob said:
I can play when I get home....

in about 3 hours.

AND YES I AM DVRING HEROES. I am not putting the game on hold to watch my tv shows. :D
:O I'm shocked on all fronts. And yeah, I'll be available... I guess I can dvr the game.

Slo

Rorschach said:

He was talking shit about you too Rors! Says your mom has really let herself go since they broke up.

PAY HIM BACK!

Rorschach

Slo said:
He was talking shit about you too Rors! Says your mom has really let herself go since they broke up.

PAY HIM BACK!
That sumbitch! I'm still going to lose, but I'll injure Rex!

:lol @ Power Rankings...

Slo

AZGreg, I'm having carpet installed on Friday, so sometime Thursday or Wednesday my house is going to be turned upside down and I'm not going to be able to play. Can you play either tonight or tommorrow?

FMT,

I should be able to get my make up games in with True and Cloudy, as well as my current game with Zep on Thursday. I apologize for getting behind, but I will catch up
and be 0-8
in the process.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Not much I can do when my guys don't hold on to the ball. GG Shawn. Even with the score the way it was the game was still a total chess match. Seems like we both love to utilize audibles and adjustments. I swear I check off four times on one play. :lol

Yeah GG Wellington, it was like we were both playing Peyton Manning...loved every second of it! Like you said the score doesnt tell the story as it was adjustments galore. Big play here, big play there, plus 4 turnovers to my none is what sealed the deal!

So happy to be back in contention, and I'm looking forward to the next game. Win or lose vs sable, I've accomplished my goal of at least being 2-1 after these big three division games in the middle of the season. It's good to be back and a factor in the NFC!

LiveWire

I'm beginning to think beating Wellington was a mistake if I want to win the Patriots lottery for next season.

I mean, can you imagine how UBER EA will make the Pats with the next patch? Maybe the first 100 rated team ever in Madden? I will be able to just tap A and the game will reward me with touchdowns! :D

371944179_b6801d8636.jpg

Fifty

Speaking of Pats lottery...maybe we should actually have a draft lottery of sorts for the first 3 or 5 picks picks. Just take the teams with the 3(or 5) worst records, and draw names out of a hat. That'd be more fun and might help a tiny bit to prevent people tanking to assure themselves the #1 or #2 pick

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Speaking of Pats lottery...maybe we should actually have a draft lottery of sorts for the first 3 or 5 picks picks. Just take the teams with the 3(or 5) worst records, and draw names out of a hat. That'd be more fun and might help a tiny bit to prevent people tanking to assure themselves the #1 or #2 pick
Howabout 5th place team gets the first pick? That'll give you guys something to fight for...beat Ando or fail!

Slo

Fifty said:

Tanking the season for draft position is a tradition! It's in the game!

Fifty

SickBoy said:
CP, hoping we can play tonight if possible... I'm back after 10PT... let me know if that works.

Remember that he (has said here a couple times) doesn't check the forums often for whatever reason and to message him instead on AIM.

Look at this, I'm being nice to CP! I love you brother. I love your dedication to stat entering and your bright white smile!

His absence is really making the whole Bungie/MS rumors start to sound like reality. Usually when something false has been put out there, Luke has been quick to squash it pretty quickly with is trademark sarcasm and wit. It should be an interesting next couple of days!

Fifty

bluemax said:
Is LukeSmith banned/busy? He has no contact info and hasn't contacted me yet.

He has no contact info because he's an internet celebrity the likes of which has never been seen before. Check his leaguedaddy profile for the intel you seek.

Mrbob

Ahhh yes, my next opponent is the bane of my existence in these madden leagues. The damn seachickens. Lonestar, can you step up to the plate and attempt to ruin my madden seasons like Hitokage accomplished in multiple madden seasons against me.

I will beat the seachickens this time! I must!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bah, I got to get creamed by a PO FMT sometime today. And when he runs up the score, I will call for him to be kicked out, which won't happen, and I'll have to leave the league. So, WHO WANTS MY TEAM?

Lonestar

fucking bullshit sacking in the middle of the handoff, and fucking not recognizing the NEED TO SPIKE BALL, causing me to frantically search for the spike ball play to no avail......FUCK

WHY THE FUCK DO WE NEED TO PLAY FMT? I was having a good day. Some nice Halo play, good supper, make some money. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo

FUCK ALEX, FUCK HIM IN THE 3RD DEGREE SEPARATED ASS

yeah that was weird. i thought you still had 2 timeouts left??

anyways i thought it was a pretty clean game except for a couple BS bursts through the line. i made 2 fucking idiotic throws that got picked... i was gambling on peterson blitzing that play so i threw immediately at the snap of the ball.

Lonestar

MOM...THE MEATLOAF...

WE WANT IT NOW........

FUCK...........

Yeah, I held the spike ball button...but nope, didn't recoginize it. Frantic scramble to find the damn play in the menu (add an accidental backout of menu) and boom, no FG attempt. Then some kicking lag killed me on that last attempt. I'm pretty much can hit from the 40....ugh

Top Bottom