• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
It's best to just admire the drama from afar.

HEY, MATRIX YOU SON OF A BITCH! Your team is a bunch of cheesing horse shit! How come they are rated the same as my shit team, but you actually get weapons on offense? That's not fucking fair you cheesing mofo. I bet you chose the Texans just because you can't play unless you have an all-star team like the Texans!

I'm livid! Fuck this game!

YOU SUCK MUCHO ARSE FOR STILL BEATING ME WITHOUT ANY WEAPONS AND FOR SACKING ME 6 TIMES,WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SACK THE GREAT SCHAUB!? WHATS HE EVER DONE TO YOU?

YOUR REFURB 360 IS UGLY TOO!

Fifty

DMczaf said:
COME AFTER ME! IM A MAN! IM 40!
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Matrix, your attempts at getting involved are failing miserably. It's best to watch and wait for your turn in the spotlight. Remember the story of the boy who cried wolf!

You guys go crazy when FMT isn't around. I feel like I'm Cuba Gooding Jr. in Daddy Day Camp

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That hurt me Fifty,but now I feel better...

Texans 35
Titans 14

DMczaf

Tennessee Titans 2-6-0

You don't even deserve Hakeem in Toronto pics anymore, Fifty. You are now Patrick Ewing in Orlando.

a_ewing_i.jpg

Matrix

Rorschach said:
Low blow. :'(

*runs off crying*

Dont worry,my 360 will die soon enough for typing that up.

:lol @ DM

Fifty

DMczaf said:
Tennessee Titans 2-6-0

You don't even deserve Hakeem in Toronto pics anymore, Fifty. You are now Patrick Ewing in Orlando.

a_ewing_i.jpg
:lol :lol

01-02 really was an amazing year for great players to turn into washed up bums

Hakeem in Toronto: 61 games, 7 ppg, 6rpg

Ewing in Disney World: 65 games, 6 ppg, 4 rpg

Shit, you're right.

daw840

CP or Ramirez.....let me know when you guys want to get these 2 games done......I am available today after the Chiefs game

Jube3

Rorschach said:
Just in case some of you didn't know, I've seen it on occasion during league play.

* No manual blitzing with linebackers or defensive backs. Now, you can call on anyone to blitz from any position on your defense, it's just it can't be YOU controlling him. The reason is that the blocking AI can never pick up a human opponent properly. This is cheap as well, don't do it. There will be no compromising on my part with this rule. The one exception is that if you are playing linebacker/CB, and you are covering the field and the QB BREAKS THE POCKET, you can go after him. As soon as you see the QB scrambling to the right or left, you can go after him. If you have a CPU Controlled player CLOSE to the qb or already past the offensive line and you want to take control of him, feel free to do so!

I got a question about this, the patriots lineup their LBs as DE/DT's on quite a few plays. What do i do in that situation? I almost always controls the left or right DE.

Rorschach

Jube3 said:
I got a question about this, the patriots lineup their LBs as DE/DT's on quite a few plays. What do i do in that situation? I almost always controls the left or right DE.
The Pats are an interesting situation because they run some plays with only a nose tackle, but my understanding was always that you could only use the guys that are planted at the line, not standing up. Guess you can ask fmt when he gets back to know for sure. :X

I'm pretty sure that those guys are picked up by the Oline, though. The guys that aren't usually are the extra guys.

Fifty

What complicates matters further this year, blocking-wise, is that if you move a DE/DT slightly before the snap, it seems to me as if it makes blocking him much harder and he can slip through the AI easily. I don't know if that's banned but if blitzing with LBs is, I think that certainly should be.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
What complicates matters further this year, blocking-wise, is that if you move a DE/DT slightly before the snap, it seems to me as if it makes blocking him much harder and he can slip through the AI easily. I don't know if that's banned but if blitzing with LBs is, I think that certainly should be.
Manually moving DE/DT is banned. Pinching, moving left/right as a group is ok. Spreading is still banned.

Fifty

Ok good. I wasn't talking about only moving outside the blockers though, I'm mainly talking about just moving him very very slightly before the snap, it seems to make blocking almost impossible. ..but hey, it's banned, so case closed.

Hopefully we get a couple more games in today to warrant this extended week of ours. It'll be advancing at midnight eastern no matter what.

Cloudy/Truelize,

I'm ready to go at some point from now until the day is over. Let me know when you can play. Hit me up on AIM, XBL, or here.

daw840

CP or Ramirez......please let me know when you want to play these games......I am free today

aim = daw840daw

gt = Qbert420

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
dammitmattt said:
Cloudy/Truelize,

I'm ready to go at some point from now until the day is over. Let me know when you can play. Hit me up on AIM, XBL, or here.

I'm assuming you are gone all week with work? I am celebrating my 33rd birthday today and it's been a really good day. The last thing I want to do is stamp this great day with the puke that Madden can be.

If you are around this week we'll get it in some night, if not we'll play next weekend.

Jube3

Anyone else run into this problem? Sometimes when I pick a defensive play the person I have selected will not take his position on the field until i deselect him. And sometimes he just stands there (my DE next to the corners for exampled) so i have to manually run him down to the line.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Jube3 said:
Anyone else run into this problem? Sometimes when I pick a defensive play the person I have selected will not take his position on the field until i deselect him. And sometimes he just stands there (my DE next to the corners for exampled) so i have to manually run him down to the line.
Yup happens all the time. Easy fix is X + LT which is an audible to the exact same play you called to start with. It forces them to go relign up :)

Jube3

Yea wasn't sure if it was just something I was doing wrong. Cause sometimes it would happen and I would be slow in moving him back during a quick snap and it looked kinda cheesy.

Fifty

I just unlocked the week, a couple hours ahead of schedule.

I'll be getting my weekly loss in about 2.5 hours, so get ready for my usual meltdown.

Rorschach

MrBob: When can you play? And are you even starting a QB at this point?

Truelize said:
I'm assuming you are gone all week with work? I am celebrating my 33rd birthday today and it's been a really good day. The last thing I want to do is stamp this great day with the puke that Madden can be.

If you are around this week we'll get it in some night, if not we'll play next weekend.
Happy Birthday, old man!

Slo

Truelize said:

beer.jpg

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Truelize said:

Holy shit we have the same birthday :) Except I'm 22 today. Very cool sir. Multiples of 11 FTW?

Truelize said:

happy birthday, also gg gunstar.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
thanks for the well wishes friends. My birthday is actually the 1st of October but we've been celebrating it today cause tomorrow night will be very busy and this way we get to spend some time together as a family.

I'm very excited about everything going on in my life right now. I'm a big number 3 guy and tomorrow on my 33rd birthday I start a new job (I've been doing finishing carpentry for the past year and a half and it's been great but the work wasn't consistent enough for my liking). Job seems like it will be a good fit for me and they already started talking about fast tracking me into management during my second interview (big thanks to Shawn for all his help coaching me during my interview process).
We also recently found out my wife is pregnant with Truelize spawn #3, so hopefully everything goes well with that and our family gets a little bigger next spring.
And well my hobby which is gaming has been great lately as well. I had last week off so I could really sink myself into Halo 3 and I had an awesome time with it. Spent time playing with Wellie, Lonestar, AirBrian and some local friends of mine. Really was a great relaxing week.

Thanks again everyone.

I will commence my Madden hate at a later date. :)

Truelize said:
thanks for the well wishes friends. My birthday is actually the 1st of October but we've been celebrating it today cause tomorrow night will be very busy and this way we get to spend some time together as a family.

I'm very excited about everything going on in my life right now. I'm a big number 3 guy and tomorrow on my 33rd birthday I start a new job (I've been doing finishing carpentry for the past year and a half and it's been great but the work wasn't consistent enough for my liking). Job seems like it will be a good fit for me and they already started talking about fast tracking me into management during my second interview (big thanks to Shawn for all his help coaching me during my interview process).
We also recently found out my wife is pregnant with Truelize spawn #3, so hopefully everything goes well with that and our family gets a little bigger next spring.
And well my hobby which is gaming has been great lately as well. I had last week off so I could really sink myself into Halo 3 and I had an awesome time with it. Spent time playing with Wellie, Lonestar, AirBrian and some local friends of mine. Really was a great relaxing week.

Thanks again everyone.

I will commence my Madden hate at a later date. :)

Glad to hear everything is working out extremely well for you, you're a good guy so it was my pleasure to help you with the job thing!

Wellington we can play Tuesday night if that's cool! Should be epic!

Fifty

Holy crap, that game was so ugly that my ISP cut service for 20 seconds just to make it stop. I think it was on my end because I couldn't get on to GAF right after it happened. I swear I didn't pull the plug. If I'm going to lose that badly I at least want it over with, and not have to be replayed. You were winning 35+ to 9, so maybe we should just estimate the stats and call the game. fucking bullshit

Matrix

Fifty needs his Ravens back asap.

oh wait you played the Konex
the cpu

That doesnt count.

Fifty

Cloudy said:
I'll enter the stats to this point. It was over anyways..

Oh, that'd be great. Take note of my record breaking field goal! Thanks

There's no way I'm losing the most ints thrown/most times sacked titles at this rate. I'm not sure we've ever seen such a fall from grace/downward spiral like mine in league history.

I think it's all because of me taunting CP for losing so badly with the Bills. I believe I was doing ok until I did that. I'll check the timing of that at a later date.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wow, that's alot of 3's! True.

Spawn #3 (gratz), 33, Halo 3, Falcons still at 3 loses instead of 4!

Um....Seattle avoided getting beat 3 times in a row from San Fran...

Ummmm.....Osi had 3 x 2 amount of sacks....

Most of the movies this year were 3.....

not much else though..

Fifty

Coldblooded, I see that you didn't enter any stats for your last big loss. Except for 999 drops for your top 2 recievers and 999 sacks for Kitna. If we're going to be big time losers in this game, we have to do it clean.

I'm winning the most times sacked trophy fair and square.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
Coldblooded, I see that you didn't enter any stats for your last big loss. Except for 999 drops for your top 2 recievers and 999 sacks for Kitna. If we're going to be big time losers in this game, we have to do it clean.

I'm winning the most times sacked trophy fair and square.

:lol :lol :lol

I can bearly stand losing. Seeing exactly how bad i lost and having to put that was to much at this point.

LiveWire

CP, I'm available tonight to play our game, please let me know when you can play. Gunstar, I can play our upcoming week's game as well as I'll only be free tonight and tomorrow night this week. AIM is Atreides815.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Glad to hear everything is working out extremely well for you, you're a good guy so it was my pleasure to help you with the job thing!

Wellington we can play Tuesday night if that's cool! Should be epic!
Would you be available tonight? I don't think I can do tomorrow unless it is early.

I'm resigned to the fact that I will get my ass stomped whenever we do play. You are motivated by revenge while I just want to stay close to the top. Gunstar whooped me pretty good and you demolished Gunstar, so I figure this will be like an old school Madden game in which Eli will be carted off the field. :( Good bye playoffs.

PS: Fuck sableholic for winning. I will have a special headshot just for you whenever we play Halo again, whether your against my team or not.

Wellington said:
Would you be available tonight? I don't think I can do tomorrow unless it is early.

I'm resigned to the fact that I will get my ass stomped whenever we do play. You are motivated by revenge while I just want to stay close to the top. Gunstar whooped me pretty good and you demolished Gunstar, so I figure this will be like an old school Madden game in which Eli will be carted off the field. :( Good bye playoffs.

PS: Fuck sableholic for winning. I will have a special headshot just for you whenever we play Halo again, whether your against my team or not.

Trust me, I'd love to play our game sooner rather than later but I already have committed to plans this evening to take my lady out for sushi and sake...

The only thing I am motivated by is the fact that this is the proverbial do or die scenario for me. These next two games will decide my playoff fate as the NFC is just too loaded this year to backslide into the playoffs. I can't afford to fall back two games behind both you and sableholic. I'm grateful that Gunstar played as Kearse the whole game, so I got a little sneak preview of seeing that look. I'm just hopeful that I can give you a better game this time.

Wednesday should be free for me after I get off work, so we'll work it out...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
I'm grateful that Gunstar played as Kearse the whole game, so I got a little sneak preview of seeing that look. I'm just hopeful that I can give you a better game this time.
I will be playing FS in our game. I believe Sable plays on the line as well, so I had to switch it up.

I will be playing FS in our game. I believe Wellington plays on the line as well, so I had to switch it up.

Gotta keep him guessing or something like that

daw840 said:
CP or Ramirez......please let me know when you want to play these games......I am free today

aim = daw840daw

gt = Qbert420

Add Tag mln to your aim. I've been around and checking my im, but not on forums much this last week, I can play tonight if you want.

LiveWire said:
CP, I'm available tonight to play our game, please let me know when you can play. Gunstar, I can play our upcoming week's game as well as I'll only be free tonight and tomorrow night this week. AIM is Atreides815.

Throw me an im later. I should be around most of the night.

Btw, I think Denog blocked me on im? I haven't been able to get a hold of him.

Top Bottom