• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Rorschach

Slo said:
If I was in the AFC, I'd be in the playoffs right now. Cupcake conference confirmed.
Or maybe it's so tough you can't just rack up wins like in the weak ass NFC! You guys have more winless and 6+ loss teams. :p

Slo

Don't laugh. Most of the guys on those winless teams will be filling the Raiders 2009 roster.

Bluemax, how does 8:00 CST sound tonight?

Rorschach

Washed up players get you 3 straight division titles and a SuperBowl run! Look what happens when you don't fill your team with old fogies. :(

Wellington said:
Holy christ the NFC is going to be fucking cut throat from here to the end.

I predict that I barely miss the playoffs. Probably by a tiebreaker.

Considering how my next three opponents are all against division opponents, if I dont come out at least 2-1 in my next few my season is effectively ova....

Help me EA with a timely roster update that bulks up my team for my stretch run!!:lol

I've never played spoiler before, but that may be my role after my hideous start this season.

*fingers crossed*

bluemax

Banned
Slo said:
Don't laugh. Most of the guys on those winless teams will be filling the Raiders 2009 roster.

Bluemax, how does 8:00 CST sound tonight?

Tentatively it'll work but I have to check with my girlfriend.

That's 6pm PST right?

daw840

Ramirez.....That should be cool after 9 est.....Just send me an AIM

aim = daw840daw

GT = Qbert420

CP lets get our game done

Yo Gunstar, lets try and play this game tonight if at all possible. I'd like to get in a game for once before the week advances. I'm on AIM all the time, so let me know what's up. Thanks!

sableholic said:
Hey Denog will you be around today? Your friend's list is full by the way.

We won't be getting our game in tonight just so everyone knows. Denog had a crazy day, so we'll get it in during the weekend no worries.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Tried to go with AZ for last night and he was up Halo 3ing all night, so i will try to get the game done before i leave back out of town for the week... hit me up man!

Andokuky

Banned
Malleymal said:
Tried to go with AZ for last night and he was up Halo 3ing all night, so i will try to get the game done before i leave back out of town for the week... hit me up man!

When do you leave? We play next week, wanna get it out of the way before you leave? Maybe the week will open up tomorrow.

SickBoy

Hey Ramirez, I'm online right now... if/when I see you on XBL (hopefully soon), I'll pop in Madden so we can get this done.

No. 2: What's the status of CP? Haven't seen him in this thread, just want to make sure he's not available/able to play his game at the moment.

EDIT: (I'm away from computer, so try to catch me on live... I'll be there for the next 25 min or so... gonna try to get in one more game of Halo... it's about 15 past now, so that'll take 10 min :)

DCX

DCX
SickBoy said:
Hey Ramirez, I'm online right now... if/when I see you on XBL (hopefully soon), I'll pop in Madden so we can get this done.

No. 2: What's the status of CP? Haven't seen him in this thread, just want to make sure he's not available/able to play his game at the moment.

EDIT: (I'm away from computer, so try to catch me on live... I'll be there for the next 25 min or so... gonna try to get in one more game of Halo... it's about 15 past now, so that'll take 10 min :)
Division race could heat up with a win Sickboy!

DCX

daw840

CP....where are u....we need to play this game

Ramirez....are you going to be available all night?

AIM = daw840daw

GT = Qbert420

ps......I think FMT is out of town...I know he is going to the 49ers game but I think he left this morning to do some shit in Frisco

Andokuky

Banned
sableholic said:
what happened?

He messages me on AIM saying my lineman getting pressure is bullshit. I ended up with 5 sacks to his 4, I threw 3 picks and he threw 2. Both of us were under pressure quite a bit when passing. As a matter of fact on my drive before he cried bullshit, I got instantly sacked on 1st down bringing up 2nd and long, then instantly sacked again on 3rd down, both from the outside. But, that isn't bullshit. It's only bullshit when MY guys get instant pressure. He says "it's different". His ends warping right around my tackles is a "different" kind of BS than my guys warping between the guard and tackle.

Sorry you feel I "exploited" something Malley but I broke zero rules and played you the same way I have played you in any of our scrimmages, none of which made you react like this. This game is full of bullshit plays and flaws but that doesn't mean I am purposely doing something to gain an advantage. If I were, I think the game would have been a bit easier for me then it was. Especially going up against the Queefs :D

Ramirez

Fuck this fucking piece of shit fucking game. JESUS.

I mean fuck, Sick do you not feel the least bit dirty coming through untouched on every fucking PA with that god damn linemen? This game is fucking A-W-F-U-L. I mean is my Center on strike, WTF.

And as far as me being available the rest of the day Daw, no I'm not playing this POS anymore today.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Andokuky said:
He messages me on AIM saying my lineman getting pressure is bullshit. I ended up with 5 sacks to his 4, I threw 3 picks and he threw 2. Both of us were under pressure quite a bit when passing. As a matter of fact on my drive before he cried bullshit, I got instantly sacked on 1st down bringing up 2nd and long, then instantly sacked again on 3rd down, both from the outside. But, that isn't bullshit. It's only bullshit when MY guys get instant pressure. He says "it's different". His ends warping right around my tackles is a "different" kind of BS than my guys warping between the guard and tackle.

Sorry you feel I "exploited" something Malley but I broke zero rules and played you the same way I have played you in any of our scrimmages, none of which made you react like this. This game is full of bullshit plays and flaws but that doesn't mean I am purposely doing something to gain an advantage. If I were, I think the game would have been a bit easier for me then it was. Especially going up against the Queefs :D

it isnt about the numbers, its about when you get them. I can have 10 sacks that happen at times where it doesnt mean anything, but your four are on plays that could keep a serious drive going or game clinching drive. You know what I mean, dont play dumb. You would pinch your line and then the guys would warp through the line, sometimes two at a time, with out even engaging the OL.... I even tried to put people in motionto block them and nothing, the OL turned retarded, then your guys made it through, and you knew when you were doing that..

and I could really give a shit about taking an L.. that is not my style, but if i see someone exploiting then that is gonna make me not want to play, I dont have time as it is to play and playing someone who does that bullshit is not worth my time...

like i said, give me the L or whatever now for our next game and if it came down to it and i got into the playoffs, if i have to play him, fuck it.

gg

Ramirez said:

I mean fuck, Sick do you not feel the least bit dirty coming through untouched on every fucking PA with that god damn linemen? This game is fucking A-W-F-U-L. I mean is my Center on strike, WTF.

And as far as me being available the rest of the day Daw, no I'm not playing this POS anymore today.

:chuckle

LiveWire

Ramirez said:

B-b-but I thought Madden was so great and realistic?

Andokuky

Banned
Malleymal said:
it isnt about the numbers, its about when you get them. I can have 10 sacks that happen at times where it doesnt mean anything, but your four are on plays that could keep a serious drive going or game clinching drive. You know what I mean, dont play dumb. You would pinch your line and then the guys would warp through the line, sometimes two at a time, with out even engaging the OL.... I even tried to put people in motionto block them and nothing, the OL turned retarded, then your guys made it through, and you knew when you were doing that..

and I could really give a shit about taking an L.. that is not my style, but if i see someone exploiting then that is gonna make me not want to play, I dont have time as it is to play and playing someone who does that bullshit is not worth my time...

like i said, give me the L or whatever now for our next game and if it came down to it and i got into the playoffs, if i have to play him, fuck it.

gg

Ok and like I said, how the fuck is that ANY different than your players on the outside warping right around my guys? What, 1st AND 3rd down on a 4th quarter drive with 3 minutes left in the game and me trailing 21-17 isn't a crucial time? I bunch my line sometimes when there are 3 lineman because it makes them look more like a regular line and not like have 10 fucking yards in between each one of them. If I stay like that you can just run your QB right up the middle. If I have 4 lineman I don't bunch because 100% of your runs are to the outside and that's just asking to be ran all over.

It IS all about the numbers because you are griping as if the only reason I won the game was because I abused some glitch all game and you couldn't do anything. We both had bullshit blocks because hey, this game is mostly bullshit and bullshit happens. I adjusted to the bullshit pressure and used a lot more shotgun and still got pressured. You stayed under center and got sacked a couple times. I am missing the part where I broke any league rules.

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
B-b-but I thought Madden was so great and realistic?

Madden is great for the first few weeks, the game's always turn to shit once everyone figures out what works and what doesn't.

But in all honesty, just fuck off and die some where, plz.

Madden IS great to the alternative of APF, such a sad state of affairs for sports games all around. You're now on ignore, so don't bother quoting me anymore.

Oh hey CP joins in too, great to see two dumbasses unite to fight. :)

Ramirez

Haven't we been over this Ando, our game was bullshit win or lose, you don't score 22 points in 3 minutes and it be legit or realistic, it happened twice in our game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

Man watching drama is soooo much better than being a part of it.

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
Haven't we been over this Ando, our game was bullshit win or lose, you don't score 22 points in 3 minutes and it be legit or realistic, it happened twice in our game.

You respond like I was specifically talking about you or something. Calm the fuck down.

And I scored 3 quick touchdowns because you sucked at passing and defending the pass.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FUCK YOU ALL!

*runs away*

Ramirez

Andokuky said:
You respond like I was specifically talking about you or something. Calm the fuck down.

And I scored 3 quick touchdowns because you sucked at passing and defending the pass.

Sure.

SickBoy

Ramirez said:

I feel bad about it, but no, I don't feel dirty. He's the player I play almost every down and I'm not going to pull myself off him just because your centre won't block him against a three-man rush on one particular playaction pass (I'm wondering if he's got a pull on that play or something). It's a sad commentary on the game when pressing down has that effect on a play. (Of note, linemen frequently jailbreak on PA in this game, only they tend to tackle the running back, but I'd rather focus on Roethlisberger given the situation in the game -- Parker running 4/carry and me holding a lead)

I'd like to add that this is the first game where I've played 3-4 D for more than one or two plays. I went in with that gameplan in mind, knowing that Willie Parker is a fast SOB, so I wanted another 'backer in. Didn't realize I'd rack up at least a couple of sacks with the NT from that formation (I think his third might have been on a 4-3 alignment) EDIT: Actually, he only had two sacks, period, three tackles for loss.

So, I'm sorry you feel I'm dirty, but sadly, I was trying to offer a more varied approach on D -- less blitzing than I've used in the last few weeks given the whole drama about vumpler... I feel your frustration, though... I've lived it and I still think the game is mediocre (even though it is a lot better than 07)

Ramirez

SickBoy said:
I feel bad about it, but no, I don't feel dirty. He's the player I play almost every down and I'm not going to pull myself off him just because your centre won't block him against a three-man rush on one particular playaction pass (I'm wondering if he's got a pull on that play or something). It's a sad commentary on the game when pressing down has that effect on a play. (Of note, linemen frequently jailbreak on PA in this game, only they tend to tackle the running back, but I'd rather focus on Roethlisberger given the situation in the game -- Parker running 4/carry and me holding a lead)

I'd like to add that this is the first game where I've played 3-4 D for more than one or two plays. I went in with that gameplan in mind, knowing that Willie Parker is a fast SOB, so I wanted another 'backer in. Didn't realize I'd rack up at least a couple of sacks with the NT from that formation (I think his third might have been on a 4-3 alignment) EDIT: Actually, he only had two sacks, period, three tackles for loss.

So, I'm sorry you feel I'm dirty, but sadly, I was trying to offer a more varied approach on D -- less blitzing than I've used in the last few weeks given the whole drama about vumpler... I feel your frustration, though... I've lived it and I still think the game is mediocre (even though it is a lot better than 07)

Well, at least you acknowledge that the pressure was at an absurd point all game, this game is trash, hard to get mad at the person when it's the games flaws mainly.

Rorschach

Just in case some of you didn't know, I've seen it on occasion during league play.

* No manual blitzing with linebackers or defensive backs. Now, you can call on anyone to blitz from any position on your defense, it's just it can't be YOU controlling him. The reason is that the blocking AI can never pick up a human opponent properly. This is cheap as well, don't do it. There will be no compromising on my part with this rule. The one exception is that if you are playing linebacker/CB, and you are covering the field and the QB BREAKS THE POCKET, you can go after him. As soon as you see the QB scrambling to the right or left, you can go after him. If you have a CPU Controlled player CLOSE to the qb or already past the offensive line and you want to take control of him, feel free to do so!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
THIS SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL
It's best to just admire the drama from afar.

HEY, MATRIX YOU SON OF A BITCH! Your team is a bunch of cheesing horse shit! How come they are rated the same as my shit team, but you actually get weapons on offense? That's not fucking fair you cheesing mofo. I bet you chose the Texans just because you can't play unless you have an all-star team like the Texans!

I'm livid! Fuck this game!

SickBoy

Ramirez said:
Well, at least you acknowledge that the pressure was at an absurd point all game, this game is trash, hard to get mad at the person when it's the games flaws mainly.

No, I was astonished... I've been bringing a lot of blitz-6 and even blitz-7 plays of late... way more than I'd like to (I'd rather bring one extra guy at most), because I hadn't gotten pressure much all year. I still brought a lot of that heat on passing downs in our game, but I was amazed by the penetration I got in general this game..

In the aftermath, it brings a little bit of a conundrum, because I'm used to 3-4 in Madden after playing the Chargers for several seasons... and I'd probably use it again in the right situation... but maybe it's broken... at least if you're playing NT (and as you surely saw on our other downs, I almost exclusively play inside linemen, for better or worse)... I hope it was just your centre sucking.

Top Bottom