• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
ONLY WHEN YOU KICK A FIELD GOAL AS TIME RUNS OUT

lmao :lol

well 58-0 is a candidate for running up the score, but who knows. maybe fifty threw a pick late returned for a TD with a clear path. maybe ando tried to run out the clock and scored anyways. if people feel like the score has been run up they will say something. 58-0 beatings happen sometimes... if fifty says different i would look into it.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well 58-0 is a candidate for running up the score, but who knows. maybe fifty threw a pick late returned for a TD with a clear path. maybe ando tried to run out the clock and scored anyways. if people feel like the score has been run up they will say something. 58-0 beatings happen sometimes... if fifty says different i would look into it.

NOPE NO FIELD GOAL AS TIME EXPIRED

DMczaf

If I'm up big and I get an INT very late in the game, I usually just fall down and kill the play and then run the clock out. Running the score up, even with INT TDs, is weak!

If I'm up big and I get an INT very late in the game, I usually just fall down and kill the play and run the clock out. Running the score up, even with INT TDs, is weak!

i do the same, but if someone has a clear path to the endzone on a bad throw that's not really running the score up. i wouldn't do it myself but i can see justifying it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
If I'm up big and I get an INT very late in the game, I usually just fall down and kill the play and run the clock out. Running the score up, even with INT TDs, is weak!

Same.

But im hardly ever up big,so I dont get to do that much *weeps*

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
If I'm up big and I get an INT very late in the game, I usually just fall down and kill the play and then run the clock out. Running the score up, even with INT TDs, is weak!

I actually just try and set up to give Adam Vinatieri a shot at points.

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if people feel like the score has been run up they will say something.

Exactly. Granted I might have cared more had I not been totally stripped of my Ma(dde)nhood..but I didn't object to any of his scores morally.

As far as the INT thing goes...I know that I personally, no matter the score, I will try to run every INT I get as far back as possible. He did the same and I can't knock him for that.

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
Exactly. Granted I might have cared more had I not been totally stripped of my Ma(dde)nhood..but I didn't object to any of his scores morally.

As far as the INT thing goes...I know that I personally, no matter the score, will try to run every INT I get as far back as possible. He did the same and I can't knock him for that.

Let's trade teams.

RIDE THE COLTS
not rly

Andokuky

Banned
Malleymal said:
Fuck Andon't

Still pissy? Next time we play I will move guys away from your QB so your feelings aren't hurt.

Where were all these people whining about running up the score when someone tried two PA bombs on me up 14 points with half a minute left, then called a TO with 3 seconds left just to kick a FG? I didn't pass the ball one time in the last 8+ minutes against Fifty and all 17 4th quarter points were set up by defensive TD's and a FG after another INT put me in FG position. If I get an INT I am trying to return it for 6 just like every other player in the league. I got a fumble with like 1:30 left and dove to the ground to start running down the clock.

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
Still pissy? Next time we play I will move guys away from your QB so your feelings aren't hurt.

Where were all these people whining about running up the score when someone tried two PA bombs on me up 14 points with half a minute left, then called a TO with 3 seconds left just to kick a FG? I didn't pass the ball one time in the last 8+ minutes against Fifty and all 17 4th quarter points were set up by defensive TD's and a FG after another INT put me in FG position. If I get an INT I am trying to return it for 6 just like every other player in the league. I got a fumble with like 1:30 left and dove to the ground to start running down the clock.

24-7 vs. 58-0
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL

Yes, Ando. Please keep posting, YES

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:
24-7 vs. 58-0
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL

Yes, Ando. Please keep posting, YES

Running out clock vs 2 play action bombs and time out calling to run up the score
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL

Yes, LukeSmith. Please keep posting, YES

Rorschach

New power rankings....

I hate you, FMT. That was uncalled for. I quit the league.

I didn't talk about the game with Chicago, but it was just one of those bs games. My two starting quarterbacks were injured, my starting running back was injured, my RT, both my slot receivers were injured (ran out of receivers and Rhodes/Fargas actually had to play as one on multiple occasions), and McCown likes to throw to the complete opposite direction of the button I push (also, his release takes 4 months which made him easy to sack). Couple all that with a constant blitz from one of the most overrated teams in Madden and you have a recipe for disaster. The game wasn't as lopsided as it looks. At one point, I had the opportunity to make a comeback, but it was the third quarter and I couldn't remember if I could go for it on 4th and short in their territory, so I just kicked it. The desperation led to more and more passing plays which just ended up with either McCown passes to the wrong fucking place, a fumble, or simply McCown on his ass. I don't know why EA hasn't upgraded/downgraded some of these teams.

Oh, and the Hester PR for a TD didn't help, either. T_T Broke like 5 tackles and 1 gang tackle. :lol I'm all for his quickness and start/stop ability, but he's not Tommy Frazier. ;b

I bet when they update DOES hit, my Oline and HBs will still be shit despite being #1 in rushing, Jordan being #2 HB, and the oline playing great as a unit.

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
Running out clock vs 2 play action bombs and time out calling to run up the score
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOL

Yes, LukeSmith. Please keep posting, YES

Man, I'd throw games against your division rivals if it would make a difference!

Hopefully Rorschach and Malley MAKE A RUN. I BELIEVE IN YOU BOTH

See you in the Playoffs, Andon't.

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I actually hate you so much I'd throw games against your division rivals if it would make a difference!

Hopefully Rorschach and Malley MAKE A RUN. I BELIEVE IN YOU BOTH

See you in the Playoffs, Andon't.

Aren't you that fat 'smarmy' fuck? Or is that someone else? Do I even know you?

bryant_300_060131.jpg

"I don't know this kid."

You won't be seeing me in the playoffs. We would have to meet in round 3 and if history is any indication, I will have choked my way out long before that. If we do happen to meet up though, I guarantee I will win.

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
Aren't you that fat 'smarmy' fuck? Or is that someone else? Do I even know you?

bryant_300_060131.jpg

"I don't know this kid."

You won't be seeing me in the playoffs. We would have to meet in round 3 and if history is any indication, I will have choked my way out long before that. If we do happen to meet up though, I guarantee I will win.

Nice, ad hominem attacks!

The Kobe picture is super appropriate, I raped you weeks ago, and I'll rape you next time we play. And just like Kobe, I'll do it in Colorado.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LukeSmith said:

The Kobe picture is super appropriate, I raped you weeks ago, and I'll rape you next time we play. And just like Kobe, I'll do it in Colorado.

stepgarn6np.jpg

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:

Ad hominem FTW!

I wouldn't call a lucky win or hell winning anything with the damn Colts "rape" but whatever floats your boat, smarmy!

Man, I'm used to the Rookies League. There's some serious shit going on up here in the bigs!

WTF at Andokuky calling LukeSmith fat? :lol Now we're reverting to fifth-grade level personal attacks...

Matrix

dammitmattt,I'm free to play our week 11 game tonight anytime past 10 pm eastern.

Let me know whats good for you in here or pm me.

LukeSmith

ChrisJames said:
Man, I'm used to the Rookies League, there's some serious shit going on up here in the bigs!

Nah, Ando is just a kid who gets riled up really easily and has become my second favorite poster on GAF behind Wollan. He reminds me of my sister when she was 8.

Andokuky

Banned
ChrisJames said:
Man, I'm used to the Rookies League. There's some serious shit going on up here in the bigs!

WTF at Andokuky calling LukeSmith fat? :lol Now we're reverting to fifth-grade level personal attacks...

I didn't call him fat. I asked him if he was that fat guy from that video I remembered laughing at. Totally different.

Plus, it was a joke. I don't really care how much he weighs, just as I am sure he probably doesn't "hate me so much". At least I hope not, because that would be pretty sad.

LukeSmith said:
Nah, Ando is just a kid who gets riled up really easily and has become my second favorite poster on GAF behind Wollan. He reminds me of my sister when she was 8.

Ah the good old "you get riled up" crap. It's just a message board and a game, smarmy. My response to your crap wasn't even top 5 "riled up" of this season so far.

Fifty

ChrisJames said:

I only lost that badly so as to ease your transition from the rookie league to the big leagues. Next week I'll win by 24, I just wanted to show you that we're all human!

Nice to see Luke and Ando getting along so well. Good entertainment!

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
I didn't call him fat. I asked him if he was that fat guy from that video I remembered laughing at. Totally different.

Plus, it was a joke. I don't really care how much he weighs, just as I am sure he probably doesn't "hate me so much". At least I hope not, because that would be pretty sad.

Exactly, I hate to lift the veil too much, but Ando and I are like The Undertaker and Kane way back in the day. BEFORE YOU KNEW THEY WERE BROTHERS

What's a Madden league without a bunch of shit talking?

This is Indy

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ramirez and CP,

The TV is broken in. Probably will have time to play Friday and some this weekend. What are good times for you to play?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
LukeSmith said:

:lol

Slo

LukeSmith said:
I raped you weeks ago, and I'll rape you next time we play. And just like Kobe, I'll do it in Colorado.

LukeSmith said:

This. Is. INDY!

Slo

Rorschach said:
Heh...seems the only one that can beat Zep is FMT and he just lost the division to him. NFC East is bananas.

Slo: guess you won't be able to play any time soon, but let me know when you can.

How about Friday night @ 8:00 PM Central? Should be back up and running by then.

LiveWire

Lots of whining from people with more than 1 win. Try playing as the LOLphins and see how bad it can get!

Sweet sweet Patriots you are mine in Season 2. :D

In other news, what happens with my game with CP, is that a forfeit? I haven't seen him on AIM at all, he hasn't responded here or on XBL to my requests to play. As for this new week's game, Gunstar, I will be free tonight to play. AIM is Atreides815.

LukeSmith said:

:lol

Cold you could have just used your avatar pic in place of the garnett one, both fit perfectly.

donovan02awa5gj2.png

Slo said:
This. Is. INDY!

Whats this quote from? Is there a video I haven't seen?

Andokuky

Banned
Can I get Simeon Rice added to my team? I've been putting his stats down as Jarvis Moss.

Also, roster update am out. I think Moss and Owens got upgraded to 97. Patriots get even cheesier :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
YES, CHARLIE FRYE WILL START. HE HAS BETTER ARM THAN SENECA, AND BETTER LEGS THAN BALDY!

HOLY SHIT, PATRIOTS EVEN MORE DEADLY. Brady to 99, Moss went from 93 to 97!?1 FUCK....FUCKING MOTORBOATIN...

DJ HACKET GOT RAPED. 82 to 78, HELLO 4TH TEAM.

FMT what would you think about having these plays banned?

http://jjsticks.wordpress.com/2007/09/20/madden-08-glitch-plays-banned-at-madden-challenges/

some of them, especially the wr double pass, are being exploited heavily online (not necessarily in our league although I know some people do use it *no disrespect to those people, I assume they didnt know how exploitive it is*) and are pretty hard/almost impossible to stop. The wr double pass is almost guaranteed 15 yards running or generally speaking a longish pass. I haven't said anything cause I haven't seen anybody run it on me, but just something to consider.

I also noticed it on the site I posted with the roster updates and they take the exploiting to a new extreme it seems.
http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1179/madden-nfl-08-singleback-slot-strong-wr-double-pass/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
FMT what would you think about having these plays banned?

http://jjsticks.wordpress.com/2007/09/20/madden-08-glitch-plays-banned-at-madden-challenges/

some of them, especially the wr double pass, are being exploited heavily online (not necessarily in our league although I know some people do use it *no disrespect to those people, I assume they didnt know how exploitive it is*) and are pretty hard/almost impossible to stop. The wr double pass is almost guaranteed 15 yards running or generally speaking a longish pass. I haven't said anything cause I haven't seen anybody run it on me, but just something to consider.

I also noticed it on the site I posted with the roster updates and they take the exploiting to a new extreme it seems.
http://www.sportsgamer.com/content/1179/madden-nfl-08-singleback-slot-strong-wr-double-pass/
Interesting.

Andokuky

Banned
I just tried it in practice, I don't think it's as glitchy as they make it out to be but sometimes defenders do kind of play it safe and stay back instead of going after the guy. Only defensive backs though. Lineman and linebackers still go after the guy. Anyone else blitzing does too, I'd assume.

Personally my starting QB throws the ball in such random places at times, I wouldn't trust a WR throwing the ball at all.

SickBoy

I've used the double pass maybe three or four times this year. I've tried one pass, which was incomplete, but otherwise the net result's been essentially a WR screen. I've also been picked thanks to press coverage on the play (couldn't see that wide and threw blindly rather than taking a sack, which is always dumb).

Striker and daw and any other opponents: I'm available tonight probably after 10PT, tomorrow around the same time, tomorrow before noon PT, and on the weekend on and off. Earlier the better on Saturday is best, or before kickoff on Sunday. Ultimately, I'd prefer to get my game against CP done first, but I'm starting to think that game's not going to happen, so I'll take what I can get.

Top Bottom