• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Yeah, I held the spike ball button...but nope, didn't recoginize it. Frantic scramble to find the damn play in the menu (add an accidental backout of menu) and boom, no FG attempt. Then some kicking lag killed me on that last attempt. I'm pretty much can hit from the 40....ugh

when did you waste your timeouts? i could have swore you had 2 timeouts left.

also, you tried a 60 yard field goal.... and almost made it! then you tried a 55 yarder at the end. i'm pretty good at kicking but even i would be afraid to try those out

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
had used them on your drive that you punted to me. The early one I missed cause I didn't hit 100% on the bar. 2nd one was Kick Lag, and didn't get 100% I've practice hard to get that timing down, since there's always a bit of lag, though that last one was a major stutter to me :(

Fifty

I kicked a 55 yarder last game. I'm going to break Ramirez's record of 57 yards. You can do incredible things when you play without fear. Watch out for the man who has nothing to lose!

Lonestar

Put it this way, I was totally confident if I had hit it 100%, I would have hit those 2. 1st from the 43, I believe, and the 39 (know I can hit that, I've hit from the 40)

you've hit from the 43 before!? holy shit, that is some sebastian janikowski power. i am BARELY confident in kicking it from the 35, and in most situations i would punt from the 35.

Lonestar

Josh Brown is sick, to the point of overrated. 100% on kickoff is going out the back, even with wind in my face.

well without that frank gore run for 80 i would have been doomed. it pays to stay the course up the middle on runs!

also i dont know what you did to adjust but i couldn't get a beat on your running game. i think last time i contained alexander but this time he was ripping off chunks (think i only had maybe 2 plays where i caught you for losses)

and you see you opened up the passing game! kept me off balance.

Lonestar

which is what pissed me off so much. I'm the only one of us to get that BS handoff sack. 3 times, and twice were on run plays!!!!! And then on Gore's big run (and another one for 10-15) he just warped "tween" one of your OL'ers who is blocking one of my guys. Hard to explain, but it's like he "juked" inbetween this block. BETWEEN THE 2 PLAYERS. First time I've seen that. Still waiting on the game to give me an easy big play TD. That Seneca Wallace run was all kinds of skill :p

SickBoy

Fifty said:
Remember that he (has said here a couple times) doesn't check the forums often for whatever reason and to message him instead on AIM.

Look at this, I'm being nice to CP! I love you brother. I love your dedication to stat entering and your bright white smile!

All well and good but IM'd him last night and got no response. Did the same a few minutes ago and unless he's a slow typer, got the same result.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Truelize said:
Ah crap I play Vump again. Lets get it done tonight Vump. I'll be available sometime around 8 mountain time.
Contact me i'll be playing halo :)

LiveWire

SickBoy said:
All well and good but IM'd him last night and got no response. Did the same a few minutes ago and unless he's a slow typer, got the same result.

I haven't even seen CP on AIM, and he's ignored my XBL messages.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you've hit from the 43 before!? holy shit, that is some sebastian janikowski power. i am BARELY confident in kicking it from the 35, and in most situations i would punt from the 35.

562565584_ebce8373ca.jpg

57 yards baby!

Fifty

Ah what the hell..I'm advancing the league 5 hours ahead of schedule. Might as well give people an extra evening to get their games in. So yeah, you can play W11 games now if you please. Awards are done but rankings will come later. Forgive me FMT!

Also, Ando, I added you to my AIM list and I'll be checking back there at around 10-10:30 eastern, so if you're around and I'm not dead tired I'll send you a message. You're 7-2 and you win by passing, instead of losing by it like me. You're everything I admire! You're the apple of my eye! Please lose to me!

And finally, I put up a new poll. One that will serve to justify my self-pitying ways and to let you feel proud of yourself that your name isn't on the list

Vote! (not that you will..voting isn't cool, despite what P. Diddy wants you to believe)

Rorschach

Heh...seems the only one that can beat Zep is FMT and he just lost the division to him. NFC East is bananas.

Slo: guess you won't be able to play any time soon, but let me know when you can.

new week complete

about my game with zep:

he went up 7-0 on a PA pass where i bit like a mother. from that point on he didn't do too much, always barely missing first downs. i was able to move the ball with success, but the biggest play came on a playaction deep. 1 on 1 coverage and zep takes control of the cb, miss times his jump, and i catch it for a TD. lucky play but i thought i played good D anyhow

now i have to keep my win streak going!

daw840

Ramirez
Sickboy
DCX

First off...sorry about tonight but one of my good friends from KC was online and wanted to play Halo 3....I know I am waayyy behind right now but I can make all these up in the next 3 days if that works for you three.......thursday and friday I will be available after 5:30-5:45 pst until I pass out at about 10:30 and I will be available all day on saturday....so just let me know when you guys want to play

"Yeah, motherfuckerrr"

Guess who's back?

I hear the NFC's looking tough this year... Well whoopity shit, it just got tougher!

True and/or AZGreg I can play tonight if you're around.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Welcome ChrisJames, the new Panthers owner!

carry on, friends.

:lol

oh noes Vump did it again....

12 sacks wtf

Glad Chris is in the league,he should have been in it from the start.

vumpler did nothing wrong. he said he had a busy schedule and would have to drop from the league. he would have stayed if there was no one to take his spot, but with a quality player waiting it just made sense.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
vumpler did nothing wrong. he said he had a busy schedule and would have to drop from the league. he would have stayed if there was no one to take his spot, but with a quality player waiting it just made sense.

ahhhh

I thought it maybe had to do with the sim like 12 sacks :p

Yea no drama :( so sad.

Fifty

Hard to believe that Vumpler dropped out due to scheduling problems right before the game that most likely would have kicked him out of the league.

Oh yeah, and maybe I should retire.

Andokuky

Banned
GG Fifty, some bad breaks for you. Strip button rarely works for me but it worked both times I tried it that game.

Can Champ Jesus Bailey win offensive, defensive and special teams POTW?

Matrix

holy crapola 58-0

Fifty what the heck :(

Matrix

ChrisJames said:
I'm guessing a lot of defensive TD's.

Looks like 2 dtd's.

Fifty

I tried. But then it got depressing. And I kept trying to not get shut out, and that meant throwing the ball..and that meant my WRs would drop the ball or fumble or I'd throw an INT.

It was the worst game ever. I've had about 5 of those this season. It was not at all a "gg" it was like curb stomping a cripple.

Javon Walter killed me. About 50% of his catches were one handed ridiculous animations that only superstar WRs can do. I don't want to get into a debate with Ando, I'm just stating the facts.

(and both of you shut up, matrix and chris james! I can hear you! There's no way I'd ever throw a game, and if I did, I wouldn't want to endure something that painful. I keep playing worse because I keep losing confidence/patience. But it was legit on both sides. No cheese..I just really, really, really, really stink I hope CP is laughing. After I called him out for sucking (not even as badly as I am now) at this game, I started turning into a backup NFL Europe player.

Holy crap 58-0?!?!? Vum...I mean Ando really took it to you huh?

Welcome back Chris James, now I am no longer dreading my Week 15 matchup as I can look forward to a sim style game. Good riddance Vumpler!! Its been an experience and I'll leave it at that....:D

Matrix

Fifty you must have some sorta mental block in league play.When we were playing games for practice I couldnt beat you :\ Hell I think my only win against you is the league game.

Fifty

Does anyone know if there's a way to control WRs online like you can offline? It seems really stupid if you can't, considering you can control the FB on running plays. I tried to do it for the first time on a passing play midway through and it wouldn't let me switch.

After you've lost 6 straight blowouts and throw a pick 50% of your throws, you'd really want to let the AI QB while you run around stress free as a WR.

Rorschach said:
Damnit, fifty... I know you did that on purpose.

Want to trade teams, ChrisJames?

:lol Don't make me feel guilty for inheriting a good team.

I'll just consider it payback for not being able to join the league from the start :D

Rorschach

...that would be against the rules, anyway...

Speaking of rules, I should have read the 3rd quarter 4th down rules closer. >< Didn't know you could go for it in certain situations. That would have saved me.

Lonestar

Just don't lob it high and deep to smith more than 3 times per game :(

GDamn Superstar WR's, that spectacular catch ability is Satan's Taint.

Top Bottom