• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LJ11

I just want to make a comment about something some of you may or may not know. If you max protect (audible at the line for extra blockers), and your opponent isn't blitzing, the defenders assigned to that man will do one of two things; Blitz or Spy depending on the players awareness. I've been noticing people max protect without knowing the consequences.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets all calm down ladies.

ando i don't believe his problem was a qb pressure in the game. i've had the majority of your opponents bring up issues after your games. sour grapes? maybe if it were a bunch of nobodies playing, but when certain individuals who i know to NOT be whiners over nothing bring it up then it's something i have to consider.

"Insert random quote regarding Javon Walker here"

LJ11 said:
I just want to make a comment about something some of you may or may not know. If you max protect (audible at the line for extra blockers), and your opponent isn't blitzing, the defenders assigned to that man will do one of two things; Blitz or Spy depending on the players awareness. I've been noticing people max protect without knowing the consequences.

Interesting didn't know that.

Andokuky

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets all calm down ladies.

ando i don't believe his problem was a qb pressure in the game. i've had the majority of your opponents bring up issues after your games. sour grapes? maybe if it were a bunch of nobodies playing, but when certain individuals who i know to NOT be whiners over nothing bring it up then it's something i have to consider.

Oh fucking well.

#1 Malley is the only person to ever come to me with anything and it was 100% about "bullshit pressure". Again, I sack him instantly, I get an AIM message omg bullshit im never playing you again. He sacks me the same way, oh well it's different LOLZ.

#2 After a majority of my games? Really? Because that would be at least 7 games and I have seen a whopping zero amount of discussion about it from you. And now suddenly welllllll most guys have had a problem me after our game :lol Funny how that works. How about you fill me in? I break zero rules and I don't do any unstoppable cheese shit. Sounds to me like sour grapes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
Yeah, that is why I don't ever hold Shockey in unless it is a dire circumstance.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Damnit, LJ! Stop learnin' peoples! The things I know about defenses are the only advantage I have left!

I had to. Sometimes I barely blitz but I get crazy pressure because my opponent max protects when I'm not bringing heat. I don't want anyone to think that I blitz every down.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok Dm,when do you want to destroy me? :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol :lol

I'm going on,ill send you the challenge.

I predict I get shut out!

#2 After a majority of my games? Really? Because that would be at least 7 games and I have seen a whopping zero amount of discussion about it from you. And now suddenly welllllll most guys have had a problem me after our game Funny how that works. How about you fill me in? I break zero rules and I don't do any unstoppable cheese shit. Sounds to me like sour grapes.

most of it has to do with javon walker. something alone the lines of bunch formation, line walker up in the inside slot position, which causes him to go against the other teams #4 cb, then scrambling out waiting for him to clear a zone and chucking it up to him in key situations. confirm or deny... and other assorted javon walker-isms!

i didn't bring it up because it isn't against the rules. but, much like with vumpler and anyone else, i'm going to listen to what people have to say on any given game. clearly i haven't done anything about it because it's not your fault or anyone elses fault that certain players are overrated, or you get no blocking, or whatever. but by the same token im not going to simply dismiss every complaint as sour grapes.

Andokuky

Banned
Well sorry but I fail to see how utilizing my best weapon is doing anything wrong. People can take him out of the game anytime they want but not enough people seem to care to try. And :lol: @ lining him up in the slot. Everyone moves their best players around and if they don't they should. And I'm going to have to deny the scrambling out and chucking up shit to Walker in "key situations". If I was so successful at that I doubt I'd be sacked more than 28 other teas in the league. The only game I think I did that in was my last game and #1 pressure and #2 he was pretty rollout happy himself and I'm not trying to call anyone out but I think it's beyond retarded to be told a majority of people have issues with the way I play. Either give me some exact situations or games or just don't tell me that crap please. Walker has an assload of yards and an assload of catches but he's also way down in average (like not even top 40) because I mix up his routes and make it a point not to cheese with him. If that's the main problem people have then I really can't care because that's just sour grapes.

Well sorry but I fail to see how utilizing my best weapon is doing anything wrong. People can take him out of the game anytime they want but not enough people seem to care to try. And : @ lining him up in the slot. Everyone moves their best players around and if they don't they should. And I'm going to have to deny the scrambling out and chucking up shit to Walker in "key situations". The only game I think I did that in was my last game and #1 pressure and #2 he was pretty rollout happy himself and I'm not trying to call anyone out but I think it's beyond retarded to be told a majority of people have issues with the way I play. Either give me some exact situations or games or just don't tell me that crap please. Walker has an assload of yards and an assload of catches but he's also way down in average (like not even top 40) because I mix up his routes and make it a point not to cheese with him. If that's the main problem people have then I really can't care because that's just sour grapes.

i didn't say you were the only one who did any of that stuff. all i said is i listen to feedback and if there is a pattern of complaints ill keep an eye on it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
To be fair here, when i played Ando earlier this season i dont recall any real cheesy play. If there was im pretty sure id remember it. And thats big coming from me cause ive had problems with him and his brother in the past. We played, he utilized his weapons, and kicked my ass. I mean shit if i had more than a second to pass against anyone this year id be feeding Calvin and Roy Williams all game too. If Cutler is scrambling, blitz him, spy him, play zone, its not like he has TJack speed.

Ill give Ando the benefit of the doubt as of now

Wow im defending a sworn enemy this shits crazy son

Matrix

:lol :lol :lol

wtf kinda game was that,I had so many dropped passes and the game wouldnt let me int the ball,dropped those too_Of course I had a lovely fumble when I was getting so close to the redzone on Dm,they always come at the best times.

jesus

Shut out like I predicted,I just didnt expect the game to hate on me.

Dm was smart,he knew the game was off so he only threw 7 times :lol When I know he wanted to throw more.

4 total passing yards for Dm and I still lose.

DMczaf

I only threw 7 times because your pressure was all over me :lol

Everytime I dropped back I was close to getting sacked, so I went to Pittman in the 2nd half and he finally showed up for me this season.

There were a ton of dropped INTs on both sides, and then I finally lucked up and had the only INT of the game. I guess lady luck was on my side for that 2nd half after my last game where I couldn't get one thing to go right in the 4th quarter.

Your dropped INTs were hilarious though :p It was like I was trying to throw to your guys and they didn't want it.

Edit: 4 passing yards?! Holy shit :lol

Matrix

:lol :lol

Oddest game of Madden Ive played all year,I cant even get angry about it.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the season is fast approaching an end. pretty ridiculous that i feel like i need to go 13-3 just to make the playoffs in the nfc....

I'm sure you will run to the AFC with your tail between your legs next season, if can't handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen!

I'm sure you will run to the AFC with your tail between your legs next season, if can't handle the heat then stay out of the kitchen!

every followup post after this that i see from you in this thread adds 20 points to the beating i'm going to give you. so post away brother! you can stop the bleeding now at a 20-0 victory for me. it only goes up from there.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
You guys keep falling for DM's trap... FOUR YARDS!

Boo yah!

Matrix, you messed up your player stats. You have Hutchins and Mario Williams with INTs (Dropped INTs do not count as INTs!)

Matrix

THEY SHOULD!

:lol I'll fix it now.

edit- fixed

So what's the verdict of the KC-Denver game?!? Ando can complain all he wants but if malley will not play him someone else will have to. Believe me Ando I'd rather do something else than play a sub game, but you arent getting a free ride buddy!! So far ck and i have stepped up to give you some options, pick your poison and let this issue die....

Btw, when do you want to get our game in CB?

SickBoy

Hey Zep and Ramirez. Sorry, but my schedule is sucking of late. I was hoping to play last night but I passed out from what I guess was general fatigue... tonight (this morning) I was at work 1:30 longer than I was supposed to be because there were stupid-ass problems.

I hope things will go better rest of the week. Generally speaking, I'm available until about 2 p.m. PT (for a game's start), and after about midnight/12:30 Pacific, give or take. Sucks, I know. Saturday I can make myself available, and Sunday not so much, but I'll do what I can.

Anyhow, that's me for this week. If you guys have any preferences or windows of availability, let me know. My night should be a touch earlier on Thursday.

Again, sorry my schedule's crap, but hopefully we can work it out...

DCX

DCX
Hey Denog, when can we play our week 14 Game? I'm on the east coast. I work 7am-3pm. SO anytime around 8pm or 9 would be perfect for me as the wife and kiddies would be heading to bed. Let me know.

DCX

mrbob when do you want to play our game? If we can't get it in before thursday then I won't be able to play till monday or late sunday night (going to be out of town).

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
Hey Denog, when can we play our week 14 Game? I'm on the east coast. I work 7am-3pm. SO anytime around 8pm or 9 would be perfect for me as the wife and kiddies would be heading to bed. Let me know.

DCX
I usually play after 9EST as well.

Honestly, you could just put in some made-up stats, make the game close, with you winning and that pretty much would be the outcome of the game. This season has been an exercise in frustration with it reaching a point of hopelessness last night against LJ. I am demoralized and honestly just want to hulk crush my Madden disc into a diamond (or $25 on ebay).

Striker

Lonestar,

I'll be able to play this week. Send me a holler on XBL!

2vd42yt.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dads: don't get mad I'll get my games played quickly this week. Last night I watched the Falcons game after approval from my opponent Luke (fell asleep in the 4th though - ugh what a game, but it was the only one televised all year so I couldn't miss it). Tonight I have to go help my mom take care of a crisis, so I doubt I'll be home in time to game. Wednesday and Thursday night are all clear though so I'll make sure both of my games are done by Thursday.

I would rather play them in order though Zep so you are after Lukas.

Truelize said:
Dads: don't get mad I'll get my games played quickly this week. Last night I watched the Falcons game after approval from my opponent Luke (fell asleep in the 4th though - ugh what a game, but it was the only one televised all year so I couldn't miss it). Tonight I have to go help my mom take care of a crisis, so I doubt I'll be home in time to game. Wednesday and Thursday night are all clear though so I'll make sure both of my games are done by Thursday.

I would rather play them in order though Zep so you are after Lukas.

I can play our current game on Wednesday, too, if you are up for it.

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
Bluemax, what's your schedule like? I hardly ever see you on AIM (maybe we're just on at different times..)

I've fallen out of signing on.

Monday's after 5pm
Tuesday's after 5 but game has to finish before 7 OR after 9pm
Wednesday's after 5
Thursday's after 9
Friday's after 12

I'll start going on aim again today.

Top Bottom