• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Fifty

bluemax said:
I've fallen out of signing on.

Monday's after 5pm
Tuesday's after 5 but game has to finish before 7 OR after 9pm
Wednesday's after 5
Thursday's after 9
Friday's after 12

I'll start going on aim again today.

I assume you mean pacific times because you're in LA? I'm Eastern (Toronto)

I can play late tonight probably and almost certainly late tomorrow. I've added you to AIM (my aim name is on the LD site) so hopefully we bump into each other soon enough. Our game will be done soon enough, I assure you. There's no one who wants this season over with (so I can get a team I really want in S2!) more than me.

P.S: So happy to hear Luke is playing his games. This league is really on a roll now!

Andokuky

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
So what's the verdict of the KC-Denver game?!? Ando can complain all he wants but if malley will not play him someone else will have to. Believe me Ando I'd rather do something else than play a sub game, but you arent getting a free ride buddy!! So far ck and i have stepped up to give you some options, pick your poison and let this issue die....

Btw, when do you want to get our game in CB?

No one is asking for a free ride, guy. I want to play the guy I am supposed to play. And last time we played I barely won by 3 so it's not like I'm asking to play some powderpuff, thanks. If Malley is too maaaaad to play then I guess I got 15 games on my schedule this year.

Fifty

The awards/rankings aren't up, but I put an inspirational video on the main page to help get you guys through the tough times!

... this is what happens when I have 2 hours of sleep

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
No one is asking for a free ride, guy. I want to play the guy I am supposed to play. And last time we played I barely won by 3 so it's not like I'm asking to play some powderpuff, thanks. If Malley is too maaaaad to play then I guess I got 15 games on my schedule this year.

I'd assume Ando will be playing a sub for Malley. Q.Q

Ando said:

:lol :lol

Whatever dude, your self righteous "fuck everybody" attitude isn't going to serve you or anyone else here any good. Bottom line is that someone doesn't want to play you because he thinks you are a cheeser. Two members of the community offered to play as a replacement, and you are obviously not going to comply with that FMT sanctioned alternative. Thanks for saving me an hour of my time playing a game that means nothing to me or my position. Good luck with getting over yourself and leave that attitude out of season 2 if you're invited.....

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:

Whatever dude, your self righteous "fuck everybody" attitude isn't going to serve you or anyone else here any good. Bottom line is that someone doesn't want to play you because he thinks you are a cheeser. Two members of the community offered to play as a replacement, and you are obviously not going to comply with that FMT sanctioned alternative. Thanks for saving me an hour of my time playing a game that means nothing to me or my position. Good luck with getting over yourself and leave that attitude out of season 2 if you're invited.....

*shakes magic 8-ball*

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
I usually play after 9EST as well.

Honestly, you could just put in some made-up stats, make the game close, with you winning and that pretty much would be the outcome of the game. This season has been an exercise in frustration with it reaching a point of hopelessness last night against LJ. I am demoralized and honestly just want to hulk crush my Madden disc into a diamond (or $25 on ebay).
So, 9 it is? :D

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LukeSmith said:
I got Truelize and Konex tonight, Jube, Malley you guys up for tomorrow?

What up Luke, we can play whenever, I just got home.. so let me know what works for you....

as for that ando character, if you hit me up to play and i have the time to play, i will play you, the second i feel like you are wasting my time i will turn my shit straight off, so hit me up, let me know and we will go from there.

Sorry to FMT and others that had to deal with it...

bluemax

Banned
Fifty said:
I assume you mean pacific times because you're in LA? I'm Eastern (Toronto)

I can play late tonight probably and almost certainly late tomorrow. I've added you to AIM (my aim name is on the LD site) so hopefully we bump into each other soon enough. Our game will be done soon enough, I assure you. There's no one who wants this season over with (so I can get a team I really want in S2!) more than me.

P.S: So happy to hear Luke is playing his games. This league is really on a roll now!

Yeah sorry, I normally put PST on. I added you on aim so I'll keep my eyes open.

Andokuky

Banned
Shawnwhann said:

Yay more drama about nothing. For starters if I was being self righteous about any of this, I would think my attitude would be bring on anybody because I am better than anybody. If you're going to micro analyze something and go Dr Phil on us at least make sure you understand what you're saying first. Secondly, who is being more self righteous and displaying more of a "fuck everyone" attitude, the guy who simply wants to play the dude who is on his schedule, or the guy who feels like he got cheesed and says to hell with finishing his schedule?

A "fuck everybody" attitude would maybe apply if this game oh I don't know... involved anyone past myself and Malley. Last I checked it's a 1 on 1 match and the other 30 guys aren't going to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs because our game is holding up the week or something so idk wtf you are talking about there. Also only a couple weeks ago people were expecting anyone who'd played the Bills to replay their entire games because of a new coach, where was this sappy post for them? And my mission is much smaller than that.

Like you said I have done nothing but save you an hours time by not playing you so hey, sorry for saving you time, you seem pretty broken up about it.

Andokuky

Banned
Malleymal said:
as for that ando character, if you hit me up to play and i have the time to play, i will play you, the second i feel like you are wasting my time i will turn my shit straight off, so hit me up, let me know and we will go from there.

Sorry to FMT and others that had to deal with it...

Ok cool, so shortest game ever confirmed total. 1st sack = lost contact. Sounds great :lol

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
Yay more drama about nothing. For starters if I was being self righteous about any of this, I would think my attitude would be bring on anybody because I am better than anybody. If you're going to micro analyze something and go Dr Phil on us at least make sure you understand what you're saying first. Secondly, who is being more self righteous and displaying more of a "fuck everyone" attitude, the guy who simply wants to play the dude who is on his schedule, or the guy who feels like he got cheesed and says to hell with finishing his schedule?

A "fuck everybody" attitude would maybe apply if this game oh I don't know... involved anyone past myself and Malley. Last I checked it's a 1 on 1 match and the other 30 guys aren't going to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs because our game is holding up the week or something so idk wtf you are talking about there. Also only a couple weeks ago people were expecting anyone who'd played the Bills to replay their entire games because of a new coach, where was this sappy post for them? And my mission is much smaller than that.

Like you said I have done nothing but save you an hours time by not playing you so hey, sorry for saving you time, you seem pretty broken up about it.

This is Denver

fixed

SickBoy

Big Zep said:
SIIIIIIICKBOY....Wanna Run?

Add me to your friends list (FisheyeLens). Whenever I'm available I'll try to post here, and I'll also make Halo my first gaming priority ;)

If I'm on Halo (or any 360 game), send me a quick message and I'll try to get out of my game ASAP -- if it's Halo, that's 10 minutes tops...

I'll do whatever I can to make myself available in my free time... that free time starts tonight (as I said earlier, that's unfortunately very late). So watch this space... I'll start spamming this thread with my availability...

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll be home in a bit and get some games in. Just don't run up the score on me Zep, I've gotta find the COURAGE to struggle through other games, with the Titans.... :(

Zep

Banned
Lonestar said:
I'll be home in a bit and get some games in. Just don't run up the score on me Zep.

I won't buddy! :) I'm saving that for someone near ~n~ dear to my heart. I need to practice anyway, Rors took me to school last night.

Big Zep said:
I won't buddy! :) I'm saving that for someone near ~n~ dear to my heart. I need to practice anyway, Rors took me to school last night.

You will score less on my vaunted Saints D than the real Rams scored on Baltimore last Sunday.

ando said:

I'm going to refute your distortion of my points I was attempting to make and call it a day with you dude...

Dictionary said:
Self Rigteous:
1. Piously sure of one's own righteousness; moralistic.
2. Exhibiting pious self-assurance:

Your invalidation of Malley's critique and subsequent dismissal of the alternatives provided by myself and CK are classic examples...Instead of accepting the scenario you go on several rants about why you are correct and everyone else is full of shit who talk about your play. Last I checked, Malley wasn't saying to hell with his schedule, he was saying the hell with you! Your posturing worked though as Malley took one for everyone to make this issue go away....

Your attitude stinks to high hell, and I would say it does affect the morale of the league. Instead of focusing on the good things going on with tight division races, we have to divert our attention to your drama. Regarding Wellington's push to consider having games replayed, he didn't champion that cause with such a sharp and crass tone that you have. Big difference!!

My problem I have with you from this is your total lack of respect for anyone that has a different point of view than yourself. You can make your point while still being respectful, and even when I chimed in I didn't make personal attacks like you attempted to make on my intelligence.

Regarding your last jab about me being broken up, believe me when I say you are not a concern to me. Last time I checked I'm 1-0 vs. you so you can squash that garbage about my being "broken up" about not playing you....I don't look forward to your response as I suspect it will be more of same negativity we'd all like to see go away...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm too lazy to check back, nor do I want to read the back and forth between Shawn and Ando, but the way I see it, if everyone is okay with LJ and ChrisJames taking over a team I don't see how it is a problem for myself or Shawn to take over a game. The only issue should be that it sets a precedent. For example if I say well DM always beats me, I will let FMT play for me!

LiveWire

Denog, LJ, you free to play tonight?

Also, I just picked up the Orange Box for PC and since I already have HL2 and EP1 I won't be needing them. So instead of hitting that thread in the gaming forum I figured I'd offer them up here for the gentlemen of the Madden League. First PM wins!

Offer not valid for Ramirez.

DCX

DCX
Denogg we might have to push back on our game until maybe 9:20 or so. Watching Transformers now with the family.

DCX

Andokuky

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Your invalidation of Malley's critique and subsequent dismissal of the alternatives provided by myself and CK are classic examples...

And how would you know that, having not been there and seen the game as it happened? Giving my own opinion, as someone who was actually there and saw the game, is in no way shape or form being self righteous. Again, make sure you know what you're talking about before you try to start drama.

Instead of accepting the scenario you go on several rants about why you are correct and everyone else is full of shit who talk about your play.

Actually I think I went on one rant about it and then replied to your post. And said rant had nothing to do with anyone who talks about the way I play who isn't named Malley. Really, it's not rocket science.

Last I checked, Malley wasn't saying to hell with his schedule, he was saying the hell with you!

Yea, me, someone who is on his schedule. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Your posturing worked though as Malley took one for everyone to make this issue go away....

And yet you still fire away, bitching and whining about the drama and low morale I am supposedly causing when you are the one who started with the negativity.

Your attitude stinks to high hell, and I would say it does affect the morale of the league. Instead of focusing on the good things going on with tight division races, we have to divert our attention to your drama.

Yea because I mean... there was such an assload of discussion about tight division races before you opened your mouth. Oh wait... not so much. Furthermore this is, again, something involving two people: Malley and myself. If I'm not mistaken you're involved in one of those "tight division races" so maybe you should focus on that instead of butting in trying to provide color commentary where it isn't needed. And lastly, this isn't MY drama. I have no problem playing Malley again. He is the one who has a problem playing me. And you apparently have a problem that I don't want to play anyone but him.

Regarding Wellington's push to consider having games replayed, he didn't champion that cause with such a sharp and crass tone that you have. Big difference!!

No, not so much. Again, I made one post about it. Get over it.

My problem I have with you from this is your total lack of respect for anyone that has a different point of view than yourself. You can make your point while still being respectful, and even when I chimed in I didn't make personal attacks like you attempted to make on my intelligence.

I don't really know you so it doesn't bother me what you think about me. The only other issue I have had in this league is the issue in week 3 and aside from that idk what you are whining about. Lastly, you opened this discussion with the "crass" response so you know what they say about heat and the kitchen. Seems kind of childish to me for you to react to my post that way and then bitch because I apparently do the same.

Regarding your last jab about me being broken up, believe me when I say you are not a concern to me. Last time I checked I'm 1-0 vs. you so you can squash that garbage about my being "broken up" about not playing you....I don't look forward to your response as I suspect it will be more of same negativity we'd all like to see go away...

And yet you provoked the "negativity" by being an asshat yourself. I love how I make a simple reply and you try to paint me out to be the bad guy. You can fuck off with that :lol Thanks for another entertaining read.

Hey CB, I should be home about 7:00 pm you still good for our game tonight?

And Ando....I'm just going to let you have that last word as distorted and spun as it is....good luck with your season!!

Lonestar

My earlier humiliating defeat has been avenged! All on 2 busted pass plays, a fluky DT fumble return for a TD, and some lucky interceptions!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
DCX said:
Denogg we might have to push back on our game until maybe 9:20 or so. Watching Transformers now with the family.

DCX
I am waiting to see what the wife is planning for the evening. We have a movie to watch as well. I will be watching Transformers tomorrow night. :D

Mrbob

Lonestar said:
My earlier humiliating defeat has been avenged! All on 2 busted pass plays, a fluky DT fumble return for a TD, and some lucky interceptions!

Did you pay off the refs like you did in our game?!

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
I am waiting to see what the wife is planning for the evening. We have a movie to watch as well. I will be watching Transformers tomorrow night. :D
No biggie. I have tomorrow off so i can play later if you can. I just would really like to get the game in tonight.

DCX

Lonestar

Oh yeah, I demand a relook at the week 12 awards. Upset possibility, and Special teams. 3 for 3 51 yard long > 3 for 3 48 long :p

Lonestar

Heck, I've got a gift of HL2 and Ep1 I could give out. Trying to get my cousin to take it, as he was a big HL fan, but feels like he doesn't have enough computer for it.

daw840

Ramirez or Jube.....let me know when you want to play our games....I could probably fit one in tonight as long as its not too late. I won't have my 360 on so just send me an AIM.

AIM = daw840daw

GT = Qbert420

Top Bottom