• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

bluemax

Banned
Malleymal said:
BLUEMAX, GREG , or LUKE i am good for a little today ... hit me up on AIM

Crap I was doing crunch work on a school project all weekend. Will you have time Monday?

Rorschach said:
Trade you Tommy Kelly for ... Trent Dilfer!

I'm desperate for a QB. :(

Volek for a SS, make it happen Rors!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Want to beat me up for some practice Woodchuck? I am probably one of the worst players on here, you should have no problem with your boys against me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Want to beat me up for some practice Woodchuck? I am probably one of the worst players on here, you should have no problem with your boys against me.

:lol :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That's funny...I am home sick too....

SUPERFLU IS UPON US.
SELL YOUR STOCKS
BUY DUCK TAPE AND ED ASNER
END IS NIGH

Lonestar said:
That's funny...I am home sick too....

SUPERFLU IS UPON US.
SELL YOUR STOCKS
BUY DUCK TAPE AND ED ASNER
END IS NIGH

M-O-O-N that spells moon, laws yes.
Not sure anybody will get the reference but he mentioned superflu and the first thing that popped in my head was Stephen King's "The Stand".

On a different note, FMT what kinda bet did you lose to be stuck with Ray Lewis as your avatar?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
sableholic said:
M-O-O-N that spells moon, laws yes.
Not sure anybody will get the reference but he mentioned superflu and the first thing that popped in my head was Stephen King's "The Stand".

On a different note, FMT what kinda bet did you lose to be stuck with Ray Lewis as your avatar?

It was my reference as well.

Zep

Banned
Alright...I'm back online.

Matt, time to back up that talk. I want you first. :D

Lone, True...I'll deal with you guys afterwards.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Andokuky said:
Malley any idea when you'll be free to play our game this week?

what part of "I am not playing you again" did you not understand?? that wasn't some post game pissed rant, I meant it. I don't have time for another one of those games with you... I am a busy man. take the W.

Luke and Greg and Bluemax I am still traveling on business so whenever I get back.. maybe tomorrow night we can play...

I'll play Ando as Malley's replacement. Not that I'm excited to play it, but I'm not going to sit by and let anybody get an automatic victory. If FMT can't find a replacement, I'll take on Ando and hope for the best.

Big Zep said:
Alright...I'm back online.

Matt, time to back up that talk. I want you first. :D

Lone, True...I'll deal with you guys afterwards.

I'm out of town until Wednesday. Are you available then?

Please update the Rams roster before Wednesday to better reflect reality, EA. Pretty, pretty please!!!!!!!!!!

--------

Props to whoever wrote up the weekly awards last week for recognizing the resurgent Saints! Keep us in mind when reviewing our surprise upset of the top-ranked Bucs this week!

Fifty

sableholic said:

A bet against me. If the Ravens won he had to wear that for a week (the bet is over now), if the Niners won I would have to use a Niners avatar.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
I'll play Ando as Malley's replacement. Not that I'm excited to play it, but I'm not going to sit by and let anybody get an automatic victory. If FMT can't find a replacement, I'll take on Ando and hope for the best.

Likewise!

great game LJ. Almost screwed myself there twice. I thought for sure that that completion was enough for a first down (must have been within a inch and I wasn't sure about 4th down rules being up a td off the top of my head), but I still should have made the fg. Thought you were going to drive all the way and get a td/fg and end my slim playoff hopes, but i got lucky with a pick.

How'd you like that awesome clock management at the end of the 4th right after the int?
I drove down inside his territory and thought I had a timeout left but I didnt... clock is ticking so I quickly went to ask madden (never ever doing that again) thinking he'd have a fg kick given the time that was left, but nope all he has is some stupid pass plays. I tried to get out of the madden menu and then just randomly picking a play hoping to throw it away immediately, but didnt even get a play off in time and we went to overtime.

I didn't write down how many tds you had passing and how many rushing but I tried to fill in everything else for the team stats portion. Hope you don't mind

LJ11

sableholic said:
great game LJ. Almost screwed myself there twice. I thought for sure that that completion was enough for a first down, but I still should have made the fg. Thought you were going to drive all the way and get a td/fg and end my slim playoff hopes, but i got lucky. How'd you like that awesome clock management at the end of the 4th?

I drove down inside his territory and thought I had a timeout left but I didnt... clock is ticking so I quickly went to ask madden (never ever doing that again) thinking he'd have a fg kick given the time that was left, but nope all he has is some stupid pass plays. I tried to get out of the madden menu and then just randomly picking a play hoping to throw it away immediately, but didnt even get a play off in time and we went to overtime.

I didn't write down how many tds you had passing and how many rushing but I tried to fill in everything else for the team stats portion. Hope you don't mind

Nah, I don't mind about that stats. I'll fill in the missing info.

That game was all sorts of weird. Your clock management had me scratching my head, but I thought maybe you were playing it safe. The head scratcher was when you got the first near the twenty in OT, and ran a play after that. I was like wow, he's risking a fumble, especially since we had like 4 fumbles at least.

I'm guessing you hit the lateral button on the KR fumble, that's how it looked like on my end. Lynch getting hurt inside the 2 minute warning killed me. A Train stinks, you knew I was running up the middle to set up a FG so I thought you would blitz up the middle. I can't run tosses with him so I was in a bind. You ended up not blitzing, I threw in the flat on reflex and lost plenty of yards. Evans was open on that shallow cross but I led him too far, easy pick.

I think trying to jump that route to Moss on the deep cross killed me. My stick sucks.

Good D though, you mixed it up nice and my receivers couldn't get off the press.

Good luck the rest of the way.

LJ11 said:
Nah, I don't mind about that stats. I'll fill in the missing info.

That game was all sorts of weird. Your clock management had me scratching my head, but I thought maybe you were playing it safe. The head scratcher was when when you got the first near the twenty in OT, and ran a play after that. I was like wow, he's risking a fumble, especially since we had like 4 fumbles at least.

I'm guessing you hit the lateral button on the KR fumble, that's how it looked like on my end. Lynch getting hurt inside the 2 minute warning killed me. A Train stinks, you knew I was running up the middle to set up a FG so I thought you would blitz up the middle. I can't run tosses with him so I was in a bind. You ended up not blitzing, I threw in the flat on reflex and lost plenty of yards. Evans was open on that shallow cross but I led him too far, easy pick.

I think trying to jump that route to Moss on the deep cross killed me. My stick sucks.

Good D though, you mixed it up nice and my receivers couldn't get off the press.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Yea I thought about it afterwards and was like wow I could have fumbled that away right there, but thankfully I didn't. Yea I guess I hit the lateral button on the KR, i'm not even sure I just was pissed. Must have been by accident. You should be able to disable that lol since I never use it. And yea after lynch went out I wasn't worried about A train so I played it safe.

Good luck man hoping you make the playoffs cause you can give people a run for their money I think

Fifty

Six games left and the league is advancing in about 5 hours. It's either moving too fast, people are moving too slow, or we're just having bad scheduling luck.

bluemax

Banned
Malleymal said:
what part of "I am not playing you again" did you not understand?? that wasn't some post game pissed rant, I meant it. I don't have time for another one of those games with you... I am a busy man. take the W.

Luke and Greg and Bluemax I am still traveling on business so whenever I get back.. maybe tomorrow night we can play...

That's fine I'm good from either 5-7pm PST or 9pm PST.

shawn/CK/anyone else, whoever can fill in for malley would be appreciated.

and on that note i have heard a lot of concerns since the beginning of the year over questionable play styles of players and so on. i think at the end of this season ill get together with my fellow commishes and decide on what type of season we will have in season 2. i dont care if we have a 16 man league rather than 32, i want to have good games where i don't constantly have to defend someones play style (when i honestly dont want to defend it).

please keep this in mind if you are interested in playing in multiple seasons!

Slo

and on that note i have heard a lot of concerns since the beginning of the year over questionable play styles of players and so on. i think at the end of this season ill get together with my fellow commishes and decide on what type of season we will have in season 2. i dont care if we have a 16 man league rather than 32, i want to have good games where i don't constantly have to defend someones play style (when i honestly dont want to defend it).

please keep this in mind if you are interested in playing in multiple seasons!

You'll never be able to wash the Tjack off of you!

Why wont the NFC East die already?!?

LJ no worries bro... you got a shot to redeem yourself vs Wellie, draw upon the sprit of the white lotus and karate kick Wellie's record!!

Any word on when the next week will be opened?

Andokuky

Banned
Give me a fucking break. I sacked him two times back to back with bullshit pressure and he forfeits the next game, even though a drive later he sacks me on 1st and 2nd down with bullshit pressure. But it's "different" according to him.

I don't think it's cool that with the division on the line a guy I am like 8-1 against in this game is replaced by anyone who wants to play. Make him man up or replace him for good. I'm not playing no sub because he has sand in his vagina.

lets all calm down ladies.

ando i don't believe his problem was a qb pressure in the game. i've had the majority of your opponents bring up issues after your games. sour grapes? maybe if it were a bunch of nobodies playing, but when certain individuals who i know to NOT be whiners over nothing bring it up then it's something i have to consider.

Top Bottom