• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
That was probably the ugliest game I've ever played in my life. I couldn't even fucking pass! -6 yards total.

Wow Dm out passed someone this week :eek:

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Me and Striker are having some kind of connection problem. Anyone want to test connect to see if I'm getting drops? Worked fine earlier against Zep.

Wellington said:
That was probably the ugliest game I've ever played in my life. I couldn't even fucking pass! -6 yards total.

you won? Damn damn damn. Where did the last td come from? I only see two in the stats.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
lonestar if you're ever in the burbank CA area i owe you a shot of patron my friend! thank you for beating zep... now i shant lose the rest of the year!

Lone, if you dont know what he looks like:

FooFMT.jpg

He would be the douche wearing the 49 hat with the expression of a little girl

Lonestar

Wellington said:
Hey FMT, can you list the tie-breaker scenario? The NFC E could get nuts.

Nevermind that, look at the logjamb in the NFC wildcard race. With 4 weeks left to unlock, and lots of games to be made up, half the teams are within 2-3 games of each other.

Wellington said:
Hey FMT, can you list the tie-breaker scenario? The NFC E could get nuts.

lol I was talking to Wellington about the tiebreakers, but I'll post in here for fun. Assuming we are going by NFL rules (the following is just a example and not saying I believe this is what will happen but this is crazy)

Say I go 3-1 at the end here with 2 of my wins coming against shawn and wellie (yikes) and shawn goes 2-1 at the end here. We both finish 11-5. First tiebreaker is head to head which we would have split. Next is division record, we both finish 4-2 in the division. Next is common games in which we'd both have 2 losses against common opponents. Then comes conference record which we'd both have the same (8-4). Then its strength of victory which is the combined winning percentage of the oppenents... at which point I stopped going down this path of trying to determine who would win :lol . As wellie said... nuts

He would be the douche wearing the 49 hat with the expression of a little girl

i hate you... I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here are the tie breaking procedures!

NFL Tiebreaking Procedures

(March 20, 2002) -- With the NFL realigning into eight four-team divisions to accommodate the arrival of the Houston Texans, the league adopted new tiebreaking rules.

Common opponents will now be the third tiebreaker within a division after head-to-head games and division record because each of the four teams will have 14 common games in the 16-game schedule. The owners also moved the strength-of-victory tiebreaker ahead of the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker.

The six postseason participants from each conference will now be seeded as follows:

1. The division champion with the best record.

2. The division champion with the second-best record.

3. The division champion with the third-best record.

4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.

5. The Wild Card club with the best record.

6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.

The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.

NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

5. Strength of schedule.

6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best net points in conference games.

9. Best net points in all games.

10. Best net touchdowns in all games.

11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

9. Best net points in conference games.

12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

1. Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild-Card tie breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to step one of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tie breaker, all other clubs revert to step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.

2. In comparing division and conference records or records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor since teams may have played an unequal number of games.

3. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.

4. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different ivisions).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like Shawn would have Sable beat in strength of schedule.

Only choice is to win out, Sable. It's only games with Bob, me, slo, and Shawn.

Fifty

FMT Power Rankings are up. They lack all youtube content, so they probably suck

Tennessee Titans 30 2-10-0 i don’t know why i thought of this, but remember that game in xbox season 4 when kevin johnson dropped the ball? heh
:lol :lol :lol :lol I'm laughing on the outside, but crying on the inside. I remember this like you'd remember being prison raped. I forget exactly when it happened, but I remember it was the loudest I ever bitched about a game in Madden history.

Lonestar

Man, this year has sucked for me. I've put together some great wins over top players, and still end up at currently 6-6 :( Toughest Schedule this year, up to this week anyway

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is that really FMT in that pic? That's the guy that bosses me around and makes me feel guilty for falling behind with my games? That's the guy that after he bosses me around bails on the NBA league halfway through every year? Really?

:lol How funny.

Oh. And I still HATE THIS GAME. :)

I was up 20-0 in the second quarter. I lost 45-26. Yes. I hate this game.

Wow do the stats ever lie in this game. I watched Dunn drop 3 passes and the end game stats says he didn't drop any. Dunn had 3, Crumpler had 2 and White had 2 but the stats only show Crumpler as having 1.

Truelize said:
Wow do the stats ever lie in this game. I watched Dunn drop 3 passes and the end game stats says he didn't drop any. Dunn had 3, Crumpler had 2 and White had 2 but the stats only show Crumpler as having 1.

I think it only counts drops if the player specifically goes into a catch animation and then drops it. It doesn't seem to count when EA's stupid AI and/or animations screw up the catch, which happens 90% of the time.

If the game accurately recorded drops, Colston would be leading the league with 999.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
dammitmattt said:
I think it only counts drops if the player specifically goes into a catch animation and then drops it. It doesn't seem to count when EA's stupid AI and/or animations screw up the catch, which happens 90% of the time.

If the game accurately recorded drops, Colston would be leading the league with 999.

you must have missed the memo which states that most of my WR's, as well as TE's and RB's have all dropped upwards of 1000000 a piece

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
new rankings up! the stretch run is here fellas... and just incase lone doesnt read the rankings, here you go buddy!

http://lonestar.youaremyfriend.com/

it hurts!

Dude you need to eat a sandwich. Don't worry you wont get fat. :)

That link is awesome. :lol

dammitmattt said:

That's kinda odd. Cause I ran Dunn on two screens where he turned and the ball just hit him in the face (I freakin HATE that) and that doesn't count as a drop?

Fifty

Did his face drop it? I don't think so! No drop!

Looks like AZ Greg (1-9) is poised to beat Rors. Come on Greg! Make the team selection for S2 more interesting..

Rorschach

AZ Greg said:
GG. Favre had fun out there!

It's funny that if Favre throws a dainty little lob right at my guy, my guy will make the catching animation, but won't catch the ball. Doesn't matter that he's a pro bowler, shut down corner. THAT'S A FAVRE BALL!!!

My WRs are idiots, my secondary makes them look like MIT professors, and I accidentally put Daunte in at the beginning.

Btw- now I know what a shellshocked QB feels like. I played Wellie and he had like 40 sacks, then I play this game and I'm all pass shy. I feel ya, Trent! We's bros!

I'm not getting .500. I just don't feel it anymore. I feel like CB. :[

bluemax

Banned
Enjoy the playoffs Rors, holy fuck was that a miserable pair of games that I could've won.

Also LT wants to know if he can be eligible for offensive player of the week when his QB sucks. He had a lot of the yards before the game became out of reach! Honest!

Fifty

I won. I can't believe it. For the first time in 9 games I managed to got more INTs than I threw and I made the better passing decisions of the two teams. Am I back? Did I just get lucky? Tune in next week on Fifty's Horrible Season! At least should squash any rumors that I was tanking the season for a draft pick. We all give 100%!

You know it's my kind of ugly win when my QB has a 53.3 QB rating, and he's rated higher than his opponent. :lol

Fifty

46 points and I only scored one offensive touchdown. It felt like I was using my Ravens again.

I proclaim this week, Upset Week. First my man AZ Greg gets his 2nd win of the season, and now I get my 3rd. Now we just need Striker to join us in the win column. Losers unite!

bluemax

Banned
Shit, I think I just lost my stats for the game. I thought I clicked save but now they're gone...

Put them in from memory, only thing that might be wrong is 1st downs.

Ramirez

I'd love to play some of my games...I was watching the Indians when you messaged me Daw, we won't be able to connect anyways, not sure what we're gonna do there.

Jube/Sick...?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone up and want to play a practice game?

I'm bored.

Matrix

*gulp*

Guess I could use the practice against the Colts,I have to face you one more time.

Going on now,I'll send you a challenge.

Matrix

Ok wtf I cant log onto xbox live :| and my net isnt down.

Matrix

Im good now,had to reboot my router.

Matrix

ok im good to go,using a new playbook too.

Top Bottom