• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
LukeSmith said:
I'm playing DM ball this game! Methodical running! NFC ball!

GG,what playbook did you use? I swear that was like playing DM again :lol Wideopen dropped passes and ints.

Rorschach

Luke: let's play our game. Since your schedule is usually so tight and right now you have time! I just wanna get this loss out of the way and maybe, just maybe, I can win against the jags...

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Luke: let's play our game. Since your schedule is usually so tight and right now you have time! I just wanna get this loss out of the way and maybe, just maybe, I can win against the jags...

Week doesn't look unlocked :(

SickBoy

Hey Zep/Ramirez... just got home... need to take care of a couple of small things, will be back here (and probably on Live within 10 minutes). Please post if you're around. If I spot either of you on Live I'll msg you.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I have a feeling cause I actually beat Luke in a practice game,next league game im going to give up 40+ points to him.

I see a lot of 4 Wide in my future :(

i will unlock it for you guys

p.s. enter all stats BUT the score

p.s. 2 sickboy if you want to play our game for next week i can play if you respond in the next 5 mins, otherwise im off to bed!

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
I have a feeling cause I actually beat Luke in a practice game,next league game im going to give up 40+ points to him.

I see a lot of 4 Wide in my future :(

Nah, doubt it. I'm a flash in the pan, a has-been and a never was!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
otherwise im off to bed!

pillowtalk.jpg

We need 2K8!

Matrix

Dm lets play 2k8!

edit- I think Ive given up 500 of those Yards to Vince :lol

Matrix

Fifty

* For disconnections: This one is tricky as well. If you lose connection, and the game says "Continue Vs. CPU", that means your opponent has lost connection. Now one of two things can happen here: A) you can mark down all the stats (or take a pic with a digital camera and send it to me if you want) for you and your opponent and start a new game simply playing out the remaining time. For instance, it disconnects with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. So start a new unranked game, set the Quarter length to 4 minutes, and play out 1 half (i.e. there were 8 mins left in the game, so play those 8 mins). Or, B) You guys can play an entirely new game over. This one is totally up to the two players because it kinda sucks if someone is getting blown out and the other guy disconnects, then the other guy gets screwed. We'll play this by ear.

If it happened to me, unless it was a totally pointless game, I'd make damn sure that my points counted and we just made up the time remaining in a 2nd shorter length game.

Ramirez

I swear the game was doing everything it could to fuck me over! Fumbles on back to back drives I think, where my RBs barely got hit, ridiculous!

SickBoy

YOU'RE ONE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT BS PRESSURE, BITCH! FIVE SACKS WTF!!!!11

(joking... Madden noes drama)

GG, Ramirez... I do call BS on that last INT, though... right through my TE as far as I could see. Too much fumbling in the game, and way too many long runs for your D after turnovers... could've won it if I'd been able to convert in the red zone better...

I also think TJ Houshmandzadeh is, relatively speaking to Chad Johnson, a sack of crap in this game.

BTW, it's definitely one specific play you like that jailbreaks a nose tackle. I should've had two sacks, but I reacted to it badly because the first times I didn't react to Parker on the corresponding run, I let him run right by me.

Ramirez

From what I can tell, pretty much any PA play I run sets your NT free, on the long pass to Ward I just barely side stepped to allow enough time to just sling it out of there, I just gave up on PA later in the game really.

That last INT was weird, I chalked it up to what looked like an off balance one foot planted throw. I also had a complete defensive meltdown on the drive where you hit Johnson 3 times in a row, got caught by the 5 second countdown once and picked Quarter with my CBs sitting in the flats and only the Safeties deep. -_-

That was a better game though, aside from everyone coughing it up every other drive, my wins are totally dependent on whether or not I can get people with the Zone blitzes and thus getting INTs, my offense is pretty terrible.

SickBoy

On the turnovers, I'd say it balanced out... late fumble by my WR, plus that late INT that was just awful... still, I was lucky to hang around, because all your bad stuff happened late... good old Madden evening things out...

EDIT: Also, it's strange, because your team is the only team, period, I get that kind of regular pressure on with PA, outside of blitzing.

As well, your offense played pretty well.. and man did I let Heath Miller have a free pass... that's what I get for bringing the house, though...

SickBoy

Well, still struggling for that 8-8 record... it's a tough road to the end of the season. I knew Ramirez would be a tough challenge (I think Bengals-Steelers is a very interesting matchup, all in all), and now I've got Rams, Niners, Browns, Fins coming up.

BTW, Bengals/Browns matchup is good news for Rorschach any way you slice it. If I'm even in contention by that point, it should still be a matchup that helps him control his own destiny. Add a loss to either DCX's or my record right now, and he's in the hunt.

EDIT: God, I expect someone else to post while I'm typing these messages :)

Ramirez

I don't know how troublesome this would be Daw, but maybe you could play both of our games at FMT's house? I'm positive it has something to do with my NAT settings on my router, and I've tried to change them in the past and failed miserably.

LukeSmith

SickBoy said:
Well, still struggling for that 8-8 record... it's a tough road to the end of the season. I knew Ramirez would be a tough challenge (I think Bengals-Steelers is a very interesting matchup, all in all), and now I've got Rams, Niners, Browns, Fins coming up.

BTW, Bengals/Browns matchup is good news for Rorschach any way you slice it. If I'm even in contention by that point, it should still be a matchup that helps him control his own destiny. Add a loss to either DCX's or my record right now, and he's in the hunt.

EDIT: God, I expect someone else to post while I'm typing these messages :)

Yeah, I think Rors is in the driver's seat, actually. It SHOULD be, Ando, Ramirez, Jube, Winner of AFC South, Rors, and whoever wins down the stretch of you and DCX.

Like I said earlier, AFC race is close!

Rorschach

GG Luke. Sorry again about the disconnect.

Man, it even feels bad when the game's bullshit happens to the other team. There were a couple of really questionable happenings in that game. :\

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
Yeah, I think Rors is in the driver's seat, actually. It SHOULD be, Ando, Ramirez, Jube, Winner of AFC South, Rors, and whoever wins down the stretch of you and DCX.

Like I said earlier, AFC race is close!
You don't know me...what you think...you think i'm a bum becuase i'm using the Browns...man you lucky... SHOTS FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Please, your using Brady Maxwell as if he's Michael Vick. SCRAMBLE TO THE RIGHT AND THROW.

MAXWELL HOUSE IS IN THE.....HOUSE
708340_lawl-animate.gif

LukeSmith

DCX said:
You don't know me...what you think...you think i'm a bum becuase i'm using the Browns...man you lucky... SHOTS FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCX

No, I just saw FMT and Big Zep next up on your schedule that's all.

And yeah, thanks Rors, no worries, though. I called a pretty shitty game in game 2. A Stark contrast from Game 1.

Striker

* For disconnections: This one is tricky as well. If you lose connection, and the game says "Continue Vs. CPU", that means your opponent has lost connection. Now one of two things can happen here: A) you can mark down all the stats (or take a pic with a digital camera and send it to me if you want) for you and your opponent and start a new game simply playing out the remaining time. For instance, it disconnects with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. So start a new unranked game, set the Quarter length to 4 minutes, and play out 1 half (i.e. there were 8 mins left in the game, so play those 8 mins). Or, B) You guys can play an entirely new game over. This one is totally up to the two players because it kinda sucks if someone is getting blown out and the other guy disconnects, then the other guy gets screwed. We'll play this by ear.
I had this issue in the Browns/Cardinals game. Our game disconnected in the middle of the 3rd, but I was up 24-10. We decided to replay the game all over, and I lose. :\

At least my team isn't in contention. Otherwise I'd be royally upset.

LukeSmith

Striker said:
I had this issue in the Browns/Cardinals game. Our game disconnected in the middle of the 3rd, but I was up 24-10. We decided to replay the game all over, and I lose. :\

At least my team isn't in contention. Otherwise I'd be royally upset.

Eh, I'm not royally upset. I chose to play a fresh game and I shouldn't have. If it costs me a spot in the Dance, I'm blaming the Colts curse
and my piss poor judgement

Edit: Rors straight up beat me in the rematch, not taking anything away from him. He probably would've beat me in the first game, too. That game just wasn't plagued with "Maddenisms"

Striker

Trasher said:
God dammit, this looks like a lot of fun. I'm joining next year.
:p

FMT,

When do you plan on doing the next season? Beginning the team selection process and such, I mean.

Hey, my team isn't going anywhere. What else do I have to look forward to!

Fifty

I think I can help answer that question.

We've got about 2 weeks for the regular season to end. After that it's up to FMT I suppose whether or not we use playoff results to determine draft position. (I'd love for it not to, and we could then begin S2 selection in about 2 weeks.) It has been that way in the past, insomuch as the winner has had the option to repeat with his team. If that's the case the playoffs will probably take 1.5-2 weeks max (maybe faster even) and we'd have to wait for them to end before selecting teams

So roughly a month. No one wants it to start more than me.

Trasher

Fifty said:

We've got about 2 weeks for the regular season to end. After that it's up to FMT I suppose whether or not we use playoff results to determine draft position. (I'd love for it not to, and we could then begin S2 selection in about 2 weeks.) It has been that way in the past, insomuch as the winner has had the option to repeat with his team. If that's the case the playoffs will probably take 1.5-2 weeks max (maybe faster even) and we'd have to wait for them to end before selecting teams

Do you guys actually have someone for every team in the league?

LukeSmith

Fifty said:

I do, I've been studying and it's time for a season of Marty ball!

Fifty

Luke, you're going to make the playoffs, and you've got your favorite team that also happens to be the clear #2 in the league. I think you can enjoy the current season just a tad more than miserable me.

Trasher: Yeah, we do now..but the next season might not be as full. Who knows, it could be..

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
Luke, you're going to make the playoffs, and you've got your favorite team that also happens to be the clear #2 in the league. I think you can enjoy the current season just a tad more than miserable me.

Trasher: Yeah, we do now..but the next season might not be as full. Who knows, it could be..

I JUST WANNA RUN THE FOOTBALL FIDDY

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Noodle-Arm has to go. I may sit him for the rest of the year.

As for next-season, if I am playing, I am DEFINITELY NOT taking the Jets. They might as well give the O-Line red capes and put in an audio file of "O-LAY!!!" every time the ball is snapped.

Rorschach

Trasher said:
I want in next season really bad now!
All you gotta do is read the rules
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307

And know that we enter stats manually. Some people don't want to play next season, so there will probably be open spots.

DenogginizerOS said:
Noodle-Arm has to go. I may sit him for the rest of the year.

As for next-season, if I am playing, I am DEFINITELY NOT taking the Jets. They might as well give the O-Line red capes and put in an audio file of "O-LAY!!!" every time the ball is snapped.
But what about D'brick!?

dbrickashaw_ferguson.jpg

Top Bottom