• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Only problem is that no one else is going to want shitty teams like the Rams, Bucs, and Niners. Other than that it would be okay.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Only problem is that no one else is going to want shitty teams like the Rams, Bucs, and Niners. Other than that it would be okay.
Bucs are an easy button team. I'm sure someone would take them. No one would want the Raiders, though. And that's okay by me! :D

LJ11

dammitmattt said:
I think it makes sense to keep the real schedule as long as everyone is switching teams.

Yeah, if we switch it up then keeping it the same makes the most sense.

Edit: I think the Raiders are a pretty decent team. They have a good Dline, speed at LB, speed at CB, speed at safety, speed at WR/TE, but I don't like their backs.

here is what we do know fellas!

1. the draft will take place after the superbowl because the superbowl winner has the option to keep his team. what happens if he DOESNT keep his team? that's right, he gets the #32 pick. "but that's not fair! superbowl winner should get the option to keep his team OR pick the team he wants!" nope, too bad! then he'll pick the pats!

2. the schedule will be different

3. the divisions maybe different as well (blasphemy i know, but it's fun that way as well!)

Rorschach

Well, what's the difference between the SB winner taking the Pats and someone like Fifty taking the Pats? AFC is fucked up the ass either way.

the difference is the rich get richer if the superbowl winner gets the pats! (unless jube wins anyways, then he stays rich)

and who says the pats will still be an AFC team next season!? we can't know... we don't know!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
That's Chicago's AP. :lol

Too bad he sucks now.

... but he is better than Benson.
:lol yeah THE REAL AP

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the difference is the rich get richer if the superbowl winner gets the pats! (unless jube wins anyways, then he stays rich)

and who says the pats will still be an AFC team next season!? we can't know... we don't know!
sounds nasty

I say a loser like Rorschach gets the Pats and that's that!

Fifty

The 32nd pick if they lose the SB? That's adding insult to injury. I thought the 32nd pick would go either the person with the best regular season record or any new person that joins the league.

no, you get the 32nd pick if you WIN the superbowl and DONT want to keep the team you won with.

for instance, lets say MrBob wins the superbowl. i say to him "welp, you can keep the bears, or you can have the last remaining team left after everyone else picks".

also, you are correct. new players will go to the bottom of the list (not sure how many drops/new players we are going to have, or whether we will even have 32 players total)

daw840

As long as I can have my Chiefs. Since I truly am from Kansas City, and a life long fan who use to live right next to Arrowhead, I think that I deserve them.

i heard CP wants to come back next year and i told him he could have the chiefs. i advised that he can check into the thread when HE wants, and wait for his opponent to message him before playing. it's the least i could do!

edit - just incase anyone didn't catch it i was being sarcastic

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I'll run one if you're game.
Sweet. What's your tag?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i heard Rorschach wants to come back next year and i told him he could have the Pats. i advised that he can check into the thread when HE wants, and wait for his opponent to message him before playing. it's the least i could do!
you heard 'im, ladies!

Ramirez

Jube's system froze after our game was over and I was left panning the stadium. :lol I got everything but the majority of my defensive stats down, and I got the INTs/Sacks for that at least.

daw840

Malleymal said:
Daw... u want the chiefs?? i didnt know that...

Absolutely, Arrowhead is my Mecca (if I werre muslim). I know this is hard to believe, but my Grandma taught Marty Schottenheimer how to fly. She got me a signed picture of Joe Montana in a Chiefs uniform that I proudly display in my apartment. TAKE THAT FMT, JOE MONTANA WAS A BETTER CHIEF THAN HE EVER WAS IN FRISCO.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
That's Chicago's AP. :lol

Too bad he sucks now.

... but he is better than Benson.

Wait, that's not the AP in Minnesota? That was one of the most ridiculous runs I have ever seen. I can't believe he freakin throws a dude into the ground at the end of his run. Wow.

Rorschach

GG LJ. Sorry about the pauses, but people kept bugging me. I should just turn off my phone.

That first drive where I threw that pick on accident came back to haunt me. :lol

Someone gift me new receivers and CBs kthxbi! I'll take anything with actual hands!

Even though it doesn't show it in the stats, LJ is a stud in the pocket. He doesn't get flustered at all. Eyes down field!

Truelize said:
Wait, that's not the AP in Minnesota? That was one of the most ridiculous runs I have ever seen. I can't believe he freakin throws a dude into the ground at the end of his run. Wow.
Yeah, they don't use him though. I think he's going to be wasted and he's probably gonna end up like Benson.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
GG LJ. Sorry about the pauses, but people kept bugging me. I should just turn off my phone.

That first drive where I threw that pick on accident came back to haunt me. :lol

Someone gift me new receivers and CBs kthxbi! I'll take anything with actual hands!

Even though it doesn't show it in the stats, LJ is a stud in the pocket. He doesn't get flustered at all. Eyes down field!

Yeah, they don't use him though. I think he's going to be wasted and he's probably gonna end up like Benson.

Good game Rors. When I saw you come out in that Twin WR set, I told myself he's going playaction to the TE better keep Whitner back there and it kind of worked. I made that dumb decision around my goal line, thought you would get instant pressure but I had room to run. That Rhodes fumble was my big break. Second pick was luck since I pulled off the safety, McGee bailed my out. I enjoyed that game, tough defensive battle. That deep post you threw to Porter early in the game off a playaction was a sick throw, crazy arm strength by Russell.

I didn't have a problem with the pauses man, if you need more time just shoot me a message next time.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Good game Rors. When I saw you come out in that Twin WR set, I told myself he's going playaction to the TE better keep Whitner back there and it kind of worked. I made that dumb decision around my goal line, thought you would get instant pressure but I had room to run. That Rhodes fumble was my big break. Second pick was luck since I pulled off the safety, McGee bailed my out. I enjoyed that game, tough defensive battle. That deep post you threw to Porter early in the game off a playaction was a sick throw, crazy arm strength by Russell.

I didn't have a problem with the pauses man, if you need more time just shoot me a message next time.
Haha yeah, I saw you right there. My intent was NOT to give it to him and just run with it or lob it to Jordan since he was 2 steps ahead of your LB, but I ended up pushing two buttons at the same time and I guess A dominated.

Yeah, Rhodes does that every time if we're around the 20 yard line. Now I remember why I've benched him for so many games.

That wasn't what killed me, though. It was those drops by Taylor, Asomugha, Washington, and Porter.

LJ11

Yeah they dropped a couple of firsts downs, one inside the redzone which was pretty big. I got away with a couple of bad throws as well.

i will be starting a season 2 thread when the time comes. there are others who want in, no guarantees can be made but i suspect there will be room for all! season 2 will start in maybe a month... month and a half? no one knows for sure!

AirBrian

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i will be starting a season 2 thread when the time comes. there are others who want in, no guarantees can be made but i suspect there will be room for all! season 2 will start in maybe a month... month and a half? no one knows for sure!
Hi FMT! :D

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
I really hate your recent choice in avatars, FMT. :(

They'll never use him. You don't even use him...tsc tsc
Actually I have been using him lately. :p He's so much faster the Benson, but holy **** he fumbles like a pre-Coughlin Tiki!

Trasher

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Cool. Thanks!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I already told Smokey and Dskillz they can fight it out for the Texans.

I'm heading in a new direction next season....

one where I can win.

I'm itching to play a league game; I want to know if I have a shot at making the playoffs or not.

Basically if I win out (11-5) I think I'm in, but that's a very big if, considering my last four games are Jaguars, Seahawks, Cowboys, and Bucs...

Also, thanks for doing your part Matt {thumbs up}

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chris,who do you play next in league play?

Want to play a practice game against that team so you can get a feel for what they bring.

My season is over so I might as well help people practice.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm going to be out of town at a conference in Nashville, till sometime mid/late Saturday. Bad enough Alabama/Tennessee comes on at 11:30 am, I'll probably be driving home during it. In Tennessee....ugh

Matrix

Chris,still here?

just post and ill go log on.

SickBoy

Hey Zep (FMT might want to read too, since he's my next next game):

Let me know if/when you're available tonight. I'll probably be home at 12PT, or shortly thereafter... my shift is a little fluid, though... that's the price you pay for an "important" role.

Anyhow, if that works for you, that's great. If not, I'm available sporadically in the afternoons... tomorrow (Thurs) I should be home a bit earlier, and I'll be around most of the day on Saturday (have plans for the evening, though -- late night will probably work), so just give me an idea of what works... we'll get this done somehow. My Sundays are usually spent worshipping at the altar of the football gods, and I owe my wife some time after the morning/afternoon games, so I think it's more or less out.

I'll check before I leave here tonight... if you're not around, I've got an errand I'd do well to take care of tonight, but it won't end the world if I can't. So if you see this post, let me know what the deal is...

EDIT: Doesn't look like anything's going on... heading out to run that errand then... will try for later in the week or Saturday...

Top Bottom