• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LukeSmith

The Bengals/Rams showdown gets even MORE post season implications!

Zep's schedule the rest of the way ain't easy, either. He's got Ramirez and Sickboy, a rejuvenated Truelize, a vengeful AZ Greg and a no-holds-barred Striker!

EPIC

So I was just looking at the stats for the league and noticed that I am 26th in red zone conversion. Granted I dont think it counts fgs like madden does, but still thats pathetic.

dammitmattt said:
With 10 seconds left in the game....more details to come!!!!

I can't wait. After all the 50 pts talk it must be a pretty satisfying win on your part? That and you keep your playoff hopes alive.

LukeSmith

sableholic said:
So I was just looking at the stats for the league and noticed that I am 26th in red zone conversion. Granted I dont think it counts fgs like madden does, but still thats pathetic.

I can't wait. After all the 50 pts talk it must be a pretty satisfying win on your part? That and you keep your playoff hopes alive.

Wait, was it Matt Zep was saying he was gonna put up 50 on?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wow, guess my detailed information helped out...

err....
136.jpg

DCX

DCX
DenogginizerOS said:
Noodle-Arm has to go. I may sit him for the rest of the year.

As for next-season, if I am playing, I am DEFINITELY NOT taking the Jets. They might as well give the O-Line red capes and put in an audio file of "O-LAY!!!" every time the ball is snapped.
Still on for 8pm ?

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Big Zep said:
Alright...I'm back online.

Matt, time to back up that talk. I want you first. :D

Lone, True...I'll deal with you guys afterwards.

Hmmm...Can True complete the Trifecta?

Rorschach

sableholic said:
You're 7th in RZ FGs. You're 12th in overall conversions and you're 26th in TD conversion percentage and 22nd in overall RZ TDs.

Rorschach

Man, I've been INT happy the last 4 games. NO MAS! 7/8 games without a pick, and then the flood gates open against Malley. Time to start AWalt!!

Rorschach

sableholic said:
yep the TD conversion percentage is pathetic.
Don't feel bad. That's the DM way to success!

Offensive Redzone Attempts (5th) 29
Offensive Redzone Touchdowns (28th) 7
Total Redzone TD % (29th) 0.24
Offensive Redzone Field Goals (1st) 14

:lol

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
Don't feel bad. That's the DM way to success!

Offensive Redzone Attempts (5th) 29
Offensive Redzone Touchdowns (28th) 7
Total Redzone TD % (29th) 0.24
Offensive Redzone Field Goals (1st) 14

:lol

Make sure the drive ends with points, no matter what!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
Make sure the drive ends with points, no matter what!
:bow

I'm reminded of that game between me and FMT where he got his first loss of the season because he kept going for it on 4th and goal. :lol That's 9 points!

I think he put in the 4th down rule to keep himself in check. :lol

Fifty

dammitmattt said:
Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What game are you guys getting all excited about. I normally just check the wire but it only shows games from the current week..all these old games have me confused. Was it your win against Big Zep?

This resurgence of yours is quite impressive. I feel proud to have beat you, even when I was horrible.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
What game are you guys getting all excited about. I normally just check the wire but it only shows games from the current week..all these old games have me confused. Was it your win against Big Zep?

This resurgence of yours is quite impressive. I feel proud to have beat you, even when I was horrible.
Guess one third of your wins actually meant something. It might keep him out of the playoffs.

daw840

Ramirez or Jube.....let me know when you want to play our games....I could probably fit one in tonight as long as its not too late. I won't have my 360 on so just send me an AIM.

AIM = daw840daw

GT = Qbert420

Epic post incoming......

So it all started with Zep's shady internet connection. After getting my 360 back and catching up on my games, the only person I couldn't get ahold of was Zep. At first I thought something was wrong, but I later found out that his internet connection was dead through no fault of his own. After a week of waiting, I finally see him on AIM so I send him a few random messages asking when we could play. After not getting any response, I started to accuse him of being scared of my dangerous team. At the same time, a miracle happened and I started winning the close games that I had lost all year long. When I finally heard back from him, I found out that he had gotten the message loud and clear and was looking forward to putting up 50 on me. I'd never beaten him before, so I of course continued to taunt him, while at the same time randomly throwing in lines about how he will kick my little bitch ass, just to keep him on his toes. Our discussions culminated with his promise to buy me a real life tiger if I stopped his offense even once. After pressing him further, he more clearly defined "stopping him" as making him punt just once. A punt for a baby tiger seemed like a good deal to me.

Fast forward to today's game (and I apologize if I screw up any of the small details). Zep chooses to receive and (barely) converts a couple of third and longs to get to midfield. I get my first lucky break when Steven Jackson fumbles on a halfback screen and I recover at midfield. Unfortunately, my attempt to assert my running game fails me as Bush fails to convert on a toss sweep on 3rd down. I punt the ball inside his 20 and he resumes his march up the field, running out the 1st quarter in the process.
End of 1st - 0-0

Zep is slowly moving up the field again, consistently converting 3rd and longs (my pressure his keeping his 1st and 2nd down gains short, but he's just beating me with dump offs to the TEs on 3rd down), when I get my second break as Bulger threw up a pick while under pressure. I returned the ball 30 yards to put myself in scoring position. A few plays later, I hit Colston on a deep crossing route just over the fingertips of Zep's user-controlled DB for the TD. 7-0 Saints. Zep gets the ball back and continues his pattern of burning me on 3rd and long, but after a couple of series, a miracle happens and I manage to stop him on 3rd down thanks to a dropped pass. Zep is punting to me for the first time, and currently owes me one baby tiger. After a couple of mediocre gains, I avoid the pressure dump a pass off in the flat to Bush, who runs around a defender and races 60 yds down the field until he is finally caught, mainly due to my incompetence at avoiding tackles. My offense goes nowhere and I kick a field goal....but wait! Zep roughs up my kicker so I have a first down! Unfortunately, I still can't move the ball and I kick a field goal to end the half.
End of 2nd - 10-0

Zep comes out in the 3rd quarter with a new attitude, determined to get Torry Holt involved, and man did he ever. I started off the 2nd half with a couple of big plays but again stall in field goal range thanks to the Rams' strong pass rush. Saints 13-0. After receiving the ball, Zep promptly moved down the field on the shoulders of Holt, who catches a TD pass to make the game 13-7. Note that I dropped at least two sure interceptions on this drive, and I can no longer get to Bulger. Zep has really learned to deal with my pass rush.
End of 3rd - 13-7

I can't move my ball on my next possession, and Zep marches back up the field with a clock-draining drive capped by a short TD run by Jackson with about 1:45 left to make it 14-13. After sacking me on my first passing attempt, I decide to throw up a bomb on the next play. Somehow I avoid the crazy pass rush and get off a bomb to Colston, who miraculously manages to outleap two defenders, make the catch, and then get behind the defense. He's off to the races, but alas, Colston is the slowest #1 receiver in the league. As the DBs were catching were catching up to me, I had two options. I could go out of bounds at the 30, or I could cut inside and get about 10 more yards. I chose option 2, and the motherfucker fumbled the ball as he was being tackled from behind. Since it was under 2 minutes, I couldn't challenge the play, but I did have two timeouts left. Now here is where the game gets weird. I'm not sure Zep knew that I had two timeouts left, so he knelt down on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. On 4th down, he ran the clock down until the delay of game penalty and punted to me with 20 seconds left. Thankfully, he punted in bounds and God himself Reggie Bush was able to make the first guy miss and returned the punt for 33 yards, setting me up for the game-winning field goal at the 20. I made the field goal with 10 seconds left, and kept Zep from driving back down the field. Game over. Miracles happen. Adrenaline pumping!!!! Now, I'm not sure why Zep didn't try to rush for the 1st down because I was having trouble stopping Jackson for most of the game. I'm sure that he thought that I had 1 timeout and he could just run out the clock. No matter what happened, I managed to get out of the game with a win and a 6-game winning streak intact.
Final score - 16-14

Other game notes:
* I had six pass deflections, and all six were the kind when my defender was in position to make the interception and got both hands on the ball. It was very, very frustrating not getting any of these picks. Just one or two of these would've blown the game open for me.
* Drew Brees finished with a passer rating of 155.7
* Zep completed 7/10 3rd downs...I really need to improve that!
* Zep finished with 6 sacks out of my 15 dropbacks...that has to be some kind of record!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh Zep is going to love that post. :lol

Played matt in a scrimmage and, well I was afraid of his O so I slowed it down to a snails pace, and was able to pull it out. GG matt, you are pretty good.

Wellington said:
Oh Zep is going to love that post. :lol

Played matt in a scrimmage and, well I was afraid of his O so I slowed it down to a snails pace, and was able to pull it out. GG matt, you are pretty good.

That was a tough game...your running game was nearly unstoppable. I managed to keep it close until you just took over the 4th quarter. I definitely want a rematch sometime!

daw840

Ramirez said:
I'd love to play some of my games...I was watching the Indians when you messaged me Daw, we won't be able to connect anyways, not sure what we're gonna do there.

Jube/Sick...?

We should try again in the next couple of days. I think when we tried last time the EA servers were fucked up. It's worth a shot anyway. Maybe tonight if your around.

Fifty

dammitmattt said:
Our discussions culminated with his promise to buy me a real life tiger if I stopped his offense even once. After pressing him further, he more clearly defined "stopping him" as making him punt just once. A punt for a baby tiger seemed like a good deal to me.

I manage to stop him on 3rd down thanks to a dropped pass. Zep is punting to me for the first time, and currently owes me one baby tiger.

Now here is where the game gets weird. I'm not sure Zep knew that I had two timeouts left, so he knelt down on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down. On 4th down, he ran the clock down until the delay of game penalty and punted to me with 20 seconds left. Thankfully, he punted in bounds and God himself Reggie Bush was able to make the first guy miss and returned the punt for 33 yards, setting me up for the game-winning field goal at the 20. I made the field goal with 10 seconds left, and kept Zep from driving back down the field. Game over. Miracles happen. Adrenaline pumping!!!! Now, I'm not sure why Zep didn't try to rush for the 1st down because I was having trouble stopping Jackson for most of the game. I'm sure that he thought that I had 1 timeout and he could just run out the clock. No matter what happened, I managed to get out of the game with a win and a 6-game winning streak intact.

Classic post. You're a real asset to the league matt. The stuff about the baby tiger had me rolling :lol

DCX

DCX
dammitmattt
Proud owner of a baby Tiger bitches!
(Today, 07:45 PM)
Reply | Quote

Make it happen Wellie!

DCX

and now, for my nightly comedy submission i present an instant message just sent to me moments ago:

Do you know this person? Report IM Spam
Tag mln (5:55:09 PM): hey
Tag mln (5:55:21 PM): whats going on with the league
WhosSorryNow015 (5:57:02 PM): almost done with the season, 3 games left!
Tag mln (5:56:50 PM): i havent had anyone im for a game in a while
Tag mln (5:57:03 PM): i assume ive fallen behind
Tag mln (5:57:34 PM): or the team was taken from me...
WhosSorryNow015 (5:58:25 PM): thats cause i gave LJ the team after repeated attempts to get your attention that failed!
Tag mln (5:57:55 PM): huh
Tag mln (5:57:58 PM): okay
Tag mln (5:58:07 PM): i never received ims about it
WhosSorryNow015 (5:58:46 PM): i IMed you for like a week straight
WhosSorryNow015 (5:58:50 PM): and then posted on the thread
WhosSorryNow015 (5:58:52 PM): no response
Tag mln (5:58:25 PM): i havent been on the forum
Tag mln (5:58:32 PM): ive seen you on XBL for the last two weeks
Tag mln (5:58:36 PM): and have been im heh
Tag mln (5:58:39 PM): oh well

Talk about a crazy bunch of developments!! Although you hate my guts Matt, thanks for beating Zep for us bubble teams! In case I slip again, it is reassuring to know others are slipping and sliding out of contention too!!

From the current playoff standings, if I can beat both Sable and ChrisJames my spot is secured. I can't believe that there is a possibility that a 10-6 or 11-5 team may not make the playoffs...seems wrong!!

Rorschach

He's off to the races, but alas, Colston is the slowest #1 receiver in the league.
Wrong Wrong Wrong!!!

p1_porter.jpg

Asshole can't even outrun defensive ends! That's right, someone put a DE on him and he still couldn't break away!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Striker said:
:p

FMT,

When do you plan on doing the next season? Beginning the team selection process and such, I mean.

Hey, my team isn't going anywhere. What else do I have to look forward to!

He plans of giving me the Eagles and fucking with all the rest of you. I heard your in the running for the Dolphins

Fifty

Rorschach said:
FMT says the Pats are mine. Hope none of you are opposed to the idea.

Fifty says you're going to watch as they get picked about 10 spots before you get to do anything about it.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Fifty says you're going to watch as they get picked about 10 spots before you get to do anything about it.
Nope. They're mine. I sent him an Alex Smith body pillow. Moss reunion tour coming to a stadium near you.

Top Bottom