• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I was looking for you at 9-930. You were "getting ready for a gig" in GH2. Then Rapture struck.

Unfortunately, COD4 Beta has now entered my world. But if you want, we can try to get our game in around 915 tonight. I have a family event from 530 till about 8PM so I am not sure when I will finally get some time. Just send me an AIM when you are on and ready.

DenogginizerOS said:
I was looking for you at 9-930. You were "getting ready for a gig" in GH2. Then Rapture struck.

Unfortunately, COD4 Beta has now entered my world. But if you want, we can try to get our game in around 915 tonight. I have a family event from 530 till about 8PM so I am not sure when I will finally get some time. Just send me an AIM when you are on and ready.

I'm sure I will be on playing BioShock all night, so just let me know when you are ready. I apologize for missing you last night....I had a friend over playing GH2.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah,we can play today, after 6 pm CST or so. Course, this will keep me from going into town, the result of which would create BIOSHOCKELD.

This game is fucking ridiculous. Fucking dlines. It's not even worth trying to pass unless you run shotgun and even then you usually get sacked... or rushed, which leads to a pick 90% of the time.

Slo

Cerebral Palsy said:
This game is fucking ridiculous. Fucking dlines. It's not even worth trying to pass unless you run shotgun and even then you usually get sacked... or rushed, which leads to a pick 90% of the time.

Try playing against the Vikes.

Slo

Lonestar said:
Yeah,we can play today, after 6 pm CST or so. Course, this will keep me from going into town, the result of which would create BIOSHOCKELD.

It would have to be later for me. Go ahead and get shocked.

wow so for every 10 times you drop back you throw a pick 9 times? you are the worst videogame QB ever ;)

p.s. if you hate the game so much why do you want to play in the league? not trying to dissuade you from playing, but if all you're going to do is bitch and complain about how you hate the game then why bother?

BirdBomb

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:

blitzing is way too effective in this game but not to the point that it is impossible to pass. what i like to do sometimes is come out in shotgun and make a wr block then motion him and snap it when he is in the backfield. extra blocker ftw! you can also quickly throw the ball into the flats, if the opposition is blitzing a lot you will burn them.

lots of people roll out a lot in this game too because the containment on the outside is garbage and its easy to roll out and sit for an hour waiting for a route to open up. try some of that.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Yeah as long as no one makes a rule that you can't roll out every play. Because honestly is someone is bringing 5 to 6 up the middle every play it better be fine if we roll out. However if you set your De's to contain it works amazingly for stopping people who roll out. Honestly this year they made lots of things overly effective. But overly effective in the sense that it's only that much more of a chess match and I love it! If they are pinching their line, moving their line in, and bringing their LB's you better be ready to roll out or run to the outside.

I've heard people bitching because they have to adapt to what the D's doing :lol . Everyone loves playing their style of ball, but for that to happen you have to force the other play to play your game and that is REALLY hard this year. I struggled with this game since the day it came out trying to get my game nailed down and I think I've finally done it. I've figured out how to read D's this year finally. I love the fact that there are really no money plays. Some of the WR's are a little to hard to stop though even with double coverage. I'm not saying that they should be easier, or are easy to stop in real life. Madden has done it better than I've ever seen done as far as player vs player competition. Its just awesome :D I finally figured out why I wasn't seeding the ball in there like I thought it should. I have Jakey at quarter back :lol Every QB can't throw perfect passes to exactly where they need to be. This is the first year that the QB's actually somewhat represent their real life counter parts. Guess what? Jake cant put it in a 2 foot by 2 foot hole with Smith running full speed across the field. So now I have to play more characteristic of the panthers, even though that means more turnovers.

Bottom line: this game is amazing!

vumpler

Cerebral Palsy said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I stopped reading there.
It's called a shitty guy at the stick if you think there are, at least with my experiences thus far.

I've played 38 games online so far and it hasn't happened yet. Played a level 11 and several level 5+'s. Yet to see them run anything that's worked enough to consider it a money play. Seen some insane things to Walker and Moss but they were hardly cheese.

Try playing more and less bitching
gtfo.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I agree with everything Vump said and im using the f-ing 67 ranked Texans!

Zep

Banned
NFL Week 1 W Carolina Panthers vumpler (locked)
NFL Week 2 W San Francisco 49ers frenchmovietheme (locked)
NFL Week 3 Wat Tampa Bay Buccaneers dmczaf (locked)
NFL Week 4 Wat Dallas Cowboys Shawnwhann (locked)
NFL Week 5 WArizona Cardinals Striker (locked)
NFL Week 6 Wat Baltimore Ravens daw840 (locked)
NFL Week 7 Wat Seattle Seahawks LonestarGA (locked)
NFL Week 8 WCleveland Browns DCX (locked)
NFL Week 9 BYE
NFL Week 10 Wat New Orleans Saints dammitmattt (locked)
NFL Week 11 Wat San Francisco 49ers frenchmovietheme (locked)
NFL Week 12 WSeattle Seahawks LonestarGA (locked)
NFL Week 13 WAtlanta Falcons Truelize (locked)
NFL Week 14 Wat Cincinnati Bengals SickBoy (locked)
NFL Week 15 WGreenbay Packers AZ Greg (locked)
NFL Week 16 WPittsburgh Steelers Ramirez (locked)
NFL Week 17 Wat Arizona Cardinals Striker (locked)

Rorschach

I already predicted how many wins earlier in this thread, but I'll do it again since the owners have changed!

Detroit Lions ColdBlooded33 L
at Denver Broncos Andokuky L
Cleveland Browns DCX W
at Miami Dolphins DJ Demon J L
BYE L
at San Diego Chargers bluemax L
Kansas City Chiefs malleymal LL
at Tennessee Titans SloForce W?
Houston Texans matrixadw L
Chicago Bears Mrbob2k6 L
at Minnesota Vikings MaestroRyan L
at Kansas City Chiefs malleymal LL
Denver Broncos Andokuky L
at Greenbay Packers AZ Greg L
Indianapolis Colts lukems W
at Jacksonville Jaguars Cloudy L
San Diego Chargers bluemax L

Sorry DCX, but I can't picture myself losing to the Browns. :X Any other team and I'd give you the win, but I can't allow myself to lose that way! ;b And I always spoil someone's season, so I figure it will be the Cursed Colts this year.

I'll barely start playing when the league starts. My first game will probably be a league game. :( I should stop playing PS2 Madden.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I already predicted how many wins earlier in this thread, but I'll do it again since the owners have changed!

Cleveland Browns DCX W
BYE L
Chicago Bears Mrbob2k6 L

Sorry DCX, but I can't picture myself losing to the Browns. :X Any other team and I'd give you the win, but I can't allow myself to lose that way! ;b And I always spoil someone's season, so I figure it will be the Cursed Colts this year.

I'll barely start playing when the league starts. My first game will probably be a league game. :(
My only goal....is to defeat you! :D

DCX

vumpler said:
It's called a shitty guy at the stick if you think there are, at least with my experiences thus far.

I've played 38 games online so far and it hasn't happened yet. Played a level 11 and several level 5+'s. Yet to see them run anything that's worked enough to consider it a money play. Seen some insane things to Walker and Moss but they were hardly cheese.

Try playing more and less bitching
gtfo.gif

We should play then. I'll run 3 TE formations and run the ball all day, and then on defense I'll constantly blitz. Then we can talk further about money plays.

daw840

Cerebral Palsy said:
We should play then. I'll run 3 TE formations and run the ball all day, and then on defense I'll constantly blitz. Then we can talk further about money plays.

Seriously, I've had people try that in other online games and it doesn't work. There is always a counter play to someone's "money play" (i.e. screen pas for constant blitzing, variations of runs for someone who is constantly in coverage, etc., etc.)

daw840 said:
Seriously, I've had people try that in other online games and it doesn't work. There is always a counter play to someone's "money play" (i.e. screen pas for constant blitzing, variations of runs for someone who is constantly in coverage, etc., etc.)

Sorry, it works.

daw840

Maybe its because I have been playing with the Ravens and they have one of the best defenses in the league, I don't know. I haven't really played with any other team but the Chiefs, and that was only once.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Its the documentary on HBO that follows the kansas city chiefs through training camp and it was just funny as hell because they were all playing Madden 08 and asking each other why were there so many interceptions.. lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Malleymal said:
Its the documentary on HBO that follows the kansas city chiefs through training camp and it was just funny as hell because they were all playing Madden 08 and asking each other why were there so many interceptions.. lol

:lol :lol :lol :( Ask Slo about our game, I shall never mention it again!

DenogginizerOS said:
How do I add players to my roster? Darrelle Revis and David Harris are missing.

There is a form at the bottom of your team's roster page. Just enter in name, position, height, weight, and birth date.

Zep

Banned
DM! Where'd you go...I was typing a nice reply about jgar!

but anyway...GG DM, overtime thriller!

And someone i played tonight wont take defeat like a man ;)

Rorschach

Big Zep said:
And someone i played tonight wont take defeat like a man ;)
Because you're a friggin' cheeser. Why would you go for it on 4th and 14 in the first quarter, anyway?! I would have won if not for all your cheeeese! I'm glad I don't play you in the regular season.

DCX said:
My only goal....is to defeat you!:D

DCX

Crap...think I shot myself in the foot!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
Because you're a friggin' cheeser. Why would you go for it on 4th and 14 in the first quarter, anyway?! I would have won if not for all your cheeeese! I'm glad I don't play you in the regular season.

Crap...think I shot myself in the foot!
:lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
dammitmattt said:
There is a form at the bottom of your team's roster page. Just enter in name, position, height, weight, and birth date.
I don't see this. :(

#24 Darrelle Revis, CB, 5-11, 204, 07/14/1985
#52 David Harris, LB, 6-2, 243, 01/21/1984

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DenogginizerOS said:
I don't see this. :(

#52 David Harris, LB, 6-2, 243, 01/21/1984

I find it so offensive that there are players in professional sports that are younger than I am.

That said, scoot! Let's play tonight!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Rorschach said:

Cleveland Browns DCX W
BYE L
Chicago Bears Mrbob2k6 L

Hahahahha :lol

Wait... Did you get your 360 issue taken care of !!!???

vumpler

Holy shit

He's 22!??! I guess 22 is normal but fuck... 85 was when I was born
killbill.gif

Slo

vumpler said:
Holy shit

He's 22!??! I guess 22 is normal but fuck... 85 was when I was born
killbill.gif

You're young. I just might be your daddy. :)
I met your mom before she got fat.

vumpler

Slo said:
You're young. I just might be your daddy. :)
I met your mom before she got fat.

Nice so you're pushing 350+? :lol That was a determining factor of why she left your ass. Grats on the pc though pops.

Top Bottom