• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Chris,the small amount of lag was sorta annoying during the first 3 quarters.Fred Taylor is a beast in this game.

Also sorry about making it a trophy game,that was by mistake cause the screen lagged on me :lol

ps...

its fun watching Carr land on his ass :D

GG, thanks for the practice. It was obviously much needed... I won't go into details too much, so as not to give anything away, but my boys need to learn how to hit! Taylor was clownin' fools.

-I was waiting all game for you to fumble and you finally did near the end :lol You were doing all those damn highlight stick moves and it was killing me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
It's like night and day using Taylor instead of Ahman Green.I cant do any of that stuff with him and get away with it.

Jags have the better O-line,it opens up beauiful gaps for Taylor to run through.

Hmmmm Jags season 2 for me maybe.

Rorschach

ARGH I want to know what the playoff picture really looks like! >:|

Btw- in regards to keeping the divisions together, I think we should. Most of the people are going to switch teams, anyway. The schedules should probably be changed, though.

Rorschach said:

Btw- in regards to keeping the divisions together, I think we should. Most of the people are going to switch teams, anyway. The schedules should probably be changed, though.

Uh uh, fuck that. 4 team Texans division FTW.

AMERICA

Fifty

Rorschach said:

Easier said than done (re: schedule) If we use the real NFL schedule it's as easy as importing it or just copying this over..but if we didn't we'd have to create a schedule manually, which is a royal pain in the ass.

On the last page FMT said S2 might start in a month in a half. Heresay! The way it's moving now and knowing how quickly people play playoff games, there's no way it'll be longer than a month away!

Ramirez

Fifty said:
Easier said than done (re: schedule) If we use the real NFL schedule it's as easy as importing it or just copying this over..but if we didn't we'd have to create a schedule manually, which is a royal pain in the ass.

On the last page FMT said S2 might start in a month in a half. Heresay! The way it's moving now and knowing how quickly people play playoff games, there's no way it'll be longer than a month away!

The regular season should be over by late next week if you bastards will open up the remaining games. :p

Fifty

Well people are making a good effort to play faster now and make up old games, so maybe we could unlock the last two weeks at once when the week advances. FMT might hate the idea but I think it would help more than hurt us.

Fun fact:

Touchdowns

5. R Grossman (Chi) 14

9. T Brady (Ne) 12

Rorschach

Raiders QBs > Brady!

PS: I didn't vote for myself in the poll. I voted Bengals in the AFC. :[ They're the worst matchup for me. I don't know what crazy person voted Raiders!

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout. If we had to rearrange the divisions, we'd have to redo the sched, anyway. Buuuuut, since most people are switching teams, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if we kept the schedule. Fresh sched would be a nice bonus. :p

Fifty said:
Well people are making a good effort to play faster now and make up old games, so maybe we could unlock the last two weeks at once when the week advances. FMT might hate the idea but I think it would help more than hurt us.

I posted this a couple pages back, but I'm gone today through sunday, so me and wellie will play on monday night.

Fifty

Rorschach said:
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout. If we had to rearrange the divisions, we'd have to redo the sched, anyway. Buuuuut, since most people are switching teams, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if we kept the schedule.

Yeah I was assuming the divisions would stay the same, but that's all I have to say about that.

As far as the weeks unlocking go, I forgot that there are 3 upcoming left, not 2..so I retract my previous statement somwhat

Fifty

FMT created the poll..I then went behind his back and turned on my favorite feature, that one..Now I guess he switched it back. In The Art of War, Sun Tzu writes " he who understands the votes of his opponents, understands his opponents"

There's really lots of drama in the league, even between commishes. FMT and I actually hate each other right now.

Fifty said:
FMT created the poll..I then went behind his back and turned on my favorite feature, that one..Now I guess he switched it back. In The Art of War, Sun Tzu writes " he who understands the votes of his opponents, understands his opponents"

There's really lots of drama in the league, even between commishes. FMT and I actually hate each other right now.

Sun Tzu was very very wise.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
here is what we do know fellas!

1. the draft will take place after the superbowl because the superbowl winner has the option to keep his team. what happens if he DOESNT keep his team? that's right, he gets the #32 pick. "but that's not fair! superbowl winner should get the option to keep his team OR pick the team he wants!" nope, too bad! then he'll pick the pats!

The Patriots are mine. 1-15 FTW!

daw840

Jube, if you are around this evening I would like to go ahead and get my ass beating taken care of. Make sure that Brady buckles that chinstrap, I wouldn't want any unfair advantage. :lol :D

I should be home around 5:30 pst

Slo

Wellington said:
I voted for Shawn. He's the only potential wildcard team that could beat me.

Yeah I said it, bitches.

I'd trash talk you back, but I plan on taking my division outright.

Rorschach

Wow I still can't believe I'm top 5 offense and bottom 3 defense... #7 in the air and #7 on the ground! Balanced offense for the .500!

Fifty

:lol I'm 3rd in total offense and I'm 7 games under .500 Every other team (aside from the Chargers) in the top 10 is at least a game over .500

My only priority for season 2 is to cut down on INT's thrown (a league leading 43, 2nd place has 31)

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Wow I still can't believe I'm top 5 offense and bottom 3 defense... #7 in the air and #7 on the ground! Balanced offense for the .500!

What is a balanced offense?

I obviously don't know.

Andokuky

Banned
What would be the last team taken in a 32 team draft assuming season 2 is a full 32 players? I can't think of many teams who just really, really suck.

Fifty

Andokuky said:
What would be the last team taken in a 32 team draft assuming season 2 is a full 32 players? I can't think of many teams who just really, really suck.

The Dolphins or Bills without a doubt

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
Luke, for complaining about the Indianapolis Colts' offense.

I complain about my lack of ability to run the football. My Bill Walshian/Spurrier hybrid offense wouldn't be possible with any team in the league other than the Colts
unless you're playing as a team with Javon Walker running 14 yard in routes when you can't select spot coverage on him, were such a thing possible

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
I complain about my lack of ability to run the football. My Bill Walshian/Spurrier hybrid offense wouldn't be possible with any team in the league other than the Colts
unless you're playing as a team with Javon Walker running 14 yard in routes when you can't select spot coverage on him, were such a thing possible

When you run the ball, do you jam on the speed burst button as soon as you receive the hand off?

The Bills being shit in Madden is a myth. Jets are far worse. :D

Rorschach

After the roster update, the Dolphins will have no QB, a gimped defense, and they will lose Chambers.

Browns will get an offensive boost, so they will no longer be bottom of the barrel.

The worst team will probably be the Raiders. The defense was downgraded last time, it will probably be downgraded further. The QBs will be gimped even more and they have nothing else. No OLine, no star RB, no WRs...I HATE YOU EA!!!

The Bills being shit in Madden is a myth. Jets are far worse.
Really? I'll have to test this later when I get to my xbox. I thought Noodlearm might be a good alternative if the Raiders are miraculously taken before they get to me.

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
When you run the ball, do you jam on the speed burst button as soon as you receive the hand off?

The Bills being shit in Madden is a myth. Jets are far worse. :D

Nope, I just suck terribly at getting to the right place, and feel like I get hit behind the line of scrimmage all the time, I'm also petrified of the Right Stick because of fumble-itis.

Slo

You're averaging 4.0 yards per carry w/ Addai. That's very good. Maybe you just think you suck at running because it the Colts are so phenomenal in the passing game?

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Really? I'll have to test this later when I get to my xbox. I thought Noodlearm might be a good alternative if the Raiders are miraculously taken before they get to me.

He's good on intermediate routes, but his arm stinks on deep posts and other deep routes. Accuracy is good, but I would choose arm strength over it for the most part. Outside of Revis their corners blow, and Ellis is their only good lineman.

If you're patient when you run, ie don't slam on the speed burst button, holes should open up. Tosses work effectively when your opponent is run blitzing.

LukeSmith

Slo said:
You're averaging 4.0 yards per carry w/ Addai. That's very good. Maybe you just think you suck at running because it the Colts are so phenomenal in the passing game?

Nah, I think I suck at running because I've seen HOW other folks run the football. The stats don't tell enough of the story, I see guys (in the league) do things at the outside that I just can't do, my mechanics for running blow.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
He's good on intermediate routes, but his arm stinks on deep posts and other deep routes. Accuracy is good, but I would choose arm strength over it for the most part. Outside of Revis their corners blow, and Ellis is their only good lineman.

If you're patient when you run, ie don't slam on the speed burst button, holes should open up. Tosses work effectively when your opponent is run blitzing.
Yeah, the defense is suspect, but in terms of offense, I like to run West Coast, anyway. I can deal with not much in the deep game and an accurate QB. The only problem now is that my WRs drop EVERYTHING so it's not really possible. Coles + Cotchery would be nice. And they have a better Oline and RB.

Slo

Mrbob said:
Slo, I hope you are back from your cruise in time to play our divisional showdown. Winner takes all!

I'm waiting for the punch line....

*clears throat*

Cruise? What cruise?

Andokuky

Banned
Slo said:
ESPN ticker: Javon Walker (knee surgery) out indefinetly.

Common roster update! :D

He was out one important game and I still won! Bring it on!

Brutal for the real world Broncos though. Lucky to finish .500 am confirmed.

Rorschach

So I got around to playing as the Jets... Holy crap! For a "hands" receiver rated in the 90s, Coles sure drops a lot of wide open passes. It's not like Noodlearm is putting a lot of zip into his throws. The oline is shit, but I'm used to that. Running game's not so bad.

I also played a couple of games with the Raiders online and I gotta say I'm feeling more comfortable with the pass. My WRs drop a lot of passes and fumbled twice in 2 consecutive drives, but I still managed to do well. Over 250 yards each game and 2+ TDs. 80% completion one game and 65 the next.

Anti-DM Ball is comin'!!!

LJ11

Their oline is definitely shit, just ask Denog. My guys kept breaking in untouched last time we played, they were turnstiles. I was checking out the Raiders WR's yesterday, and I was surprised at their speed ratings, pretty low. Coles is a bitch to defend because of his speed.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Their oline is definitely shit, just ask Denog. My guys kept breaking in untouched last time we played, they were turnstiles. I was checking out the Raiders WR's yesterday, and I was surprised at their speed ratings, pretty low. Coles is a bitch to defend because of his speed.
Haha yeah, like I said, I'm used to it. They fall apart really fast, but at least there's speed on the field so they can run their routes quicker. I have to wait ages for shit to develop if it ever does. I've never seen Porter or Curry break away from anyone. The part that worried me was Coles' hands. It's insane how much he drops. I got flashbacks. :p

Top Bottom