• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
You guys are really gonna take a top rated team? I'm sticking with my Falcons. At least that way when I lose I can blame the game. If I had the Pats and I still had a similar record then I could never show my face again in a Madden league.

The only team I might take over the Falcons are the Chargers. But we shall see.

Fifty

Truelize said:
You guys are really gonna take a top rated team? I'm sticking with my Falcons. At least that way when I lose I can blame the game. If I had the Pats and I still had a similar record then I could never show my face again in a Madden league.

The only team I might take over the Falcons are the Chargers. But we shall see.

Take the Steelers if you must take a power team. Better overall team! But yes, I respect your wishes to repeat with your favorite team. I wish everyone could be that loyal.

I want my fellow 10+ loss teams to get their games in so the final standings become clear. It's the anti-playoffs down here. The playons!

Rorschach

Alex Smith throws a pretty ball in pretend life and Gore is a fucking beast....

:eek:

Like I'd ever take anyone other than the Raiders. I had the Pats one season because someone took my Raiders and I pissed and moaned.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Take the Steelers if you must take a power team. Better overall team! But yes, I respect your wishes to repeat with your favorite team. I wish everyone could be that loyal.

I want my fellow 10+ loss teams to get their games in so the final standings become clear. It's the anti-playoffs down here. The playons!

The Steelers? Naw I don't think I would enjoy playing with them. The Chargers is another story.

But I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna be taking my Falcons. Nothing like watching your players drop two consecutive passes during crunch time in a close game. I just need to get into FG range for the tie. :(

Go Falcons Go

Rorschach

Ok sometimes this game is redonkulous. How the fuck is Ted Washington keeping up with my TE? Shades of ESPN 2k5 here...

For those of you that aren't familiar with Ted, he's a 39 year old tackle that's 6'5" and weighs at least 375 lbs. In real life, he'd be dead if he ran 20 yards consecutively.

[edit] Just checked his speed...it's 44....

Slo

Rorschach said:
Ok sometimes this game is redonkulous. How the fuck is Ted Washington keeping up with my TE? Shades of ESPN 2k5 here...

For those of you that aren't familiar with Ted, he's a 39 year old tackle that's 6'5" and weighs at least 375 lbs. In real life, he'd be dead if he ran 20 yards consecutively.

[edit] Just checked his speed...it's 44....

Who's your TE?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
44 isn't fast? :lol

Hey I think I deserve a congratulations from everyone. I went a whole game without throwing an interception. My first of Madden 08. It can be done. :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Striker said:
Lonestar?

:(

Dude, I posted that I was out of town. Still am. I'll be back in town sometime mid tomorrow, but then I've got the Bama/Tenn game to attempt to watch, a wedding for a cousin at 3 pm. I'll try to get some games in tomorrow night.

Rorschach

Truelize said:
The Steelers? Naw I don't think I would enjoy playing with them. The Chargers is another story.

But I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna be taking my Falcons. Nothing like watching your players drop two consecutive passes during crunch time in a close game. I just need to get into FG range for the tie. :(

Go Falcons Go
The ol' bait 'n switch, eh?

Season 2 Championship confirmed

(19:03:39) HA wakubo: also, you promised me the pats, right?!
(19:03:46) WhosSorryNow015: totally, bruh
(19:03:49) WhosSorryNow015: the league won't know what hit it lulz
(19:03:50) WhosSorryNow015: Oh, and JRuss >>>> Alex Smith

Wow...double megaton!

Rorschach

emot-argh.gif

Should have seen that coming.

Ramirez

Any good player that takes the Pats should be ashamed of themselves, there's nothing skillful about lobbing balls up to Moss while he jumps 18 feet in the air and brings them down, it is literally impossible to defend him. I guess all big catch weapon WRs are like this, it's horribly unrealisitic and stupid.

Cloudy where you at?!

LJ11

Ramirez said:
Any good player that takes the Pats should be ashamed of themselves, there's nothing skillful about lobbing balls up to Moss while he jumps 18 feet in the air and brings them down, it is literally impossible to defend him. I guess all big catch weapon WRs are like this, it's horribly unrealisitic and stupid.

Cloudy where you at?!

I played some random a few weeks back and he was using the Chargers. My god Floyd destroyed me, wtf is Floyd anway? He was lobbing it up and manually catching it by leaping 5 feet in the air. Floyd would jump out of his shoes and come down with it 50% of the time. Gates killed me as well. EA went overboard with the Spectacular catch, it needs to be toned down next year.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I played some random a few weeks back and he was using the Chargers. My god Floyd destroyed me, wtf is Floyd anway? He was lobbing it up and manually catching it by leaping 5 feet in the air. Floyd would jump out of his shoes and come down with it 50% of the time. Gates killed me as well. EA went overboard with the Spectacular catch, it needs to be toned down next year.
Chargers are insanely overrated. Also, some tight ends catch anything, even with 3 defenders around. There's almost no such thing as a bad pass to Gates, Gonzales, etc.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Chargers are insanely overrated. Also, some tight ends catch anything, even with 3 defenders around. There's almost no such thing as a bad pass to Gates, Gonzales, etc.

Yeah I avoid the Chargers and Pats like the plague.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
BS, really any vet that takes the Pats should hang their coat in.
I dunno...if that's their team, I don't mind. The Steelers are a power team (top 3 probably) and you're good, but I don't mind you having them.

Of course I'm joking about taking the Pats. Like I said in that spoiler tag earlier, I had the chance to take them before, but I'd take the Raiders over them every time. Not because I consider myself good, but because I think it's more fun when you're entering stats for players you give a fuck about. That's why I don't start the higher rated Lolpepper ;b

[edit] Wow bad news, LJ...Peerless out for season confirmed. :(

LJ11

Rorschach said:
I dunno...if that's their team, I don't mind. The Steelers are a power team (top 3 probably) and you're good, but I don't mind you having them.

Of course I'm joking about taking the Pats. Like I said in that spoiler tag earlier, I had the chance to take them before, but I'd take the Raiders over them every time. Not because I consider myself good, but because I think it's more fun when you're entering stats for players you give a fuck about. That's why I don't start the higher rated Lolpepper ;b

Yeah, his career is probably over. He should of never left Buffalo, him in Moulds had a good thing going. At least we got a first for him when we dealt him to Atlanta. That led to McGahee, which got us the 3rd for our new savior Trent Edwards.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:

The Steelers have no big catch WRs, you can't cheese with Ward! Also the secondary is garbage aside from Polamalu.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
The Steelers have no big catch WRs, you can't cheese with Ward! Also the secondary is garbage aside from Polamalu.
Heh. I didn't say they were cheese, just top tier. :p The things I could do with that defense and Willie Parker.... :drool

I thought Ward had hands icon at least? At any rate, he's rated much higher than any of my chump receivers.

I do understand that Pats are like 10 levels above any other team, though. They have been for a few years now on both sides of the ball even Pre-Moss. :\

Ramirez

Ward has the hands icon and route icon, yet he still gets next to no separation, it's pretty ridiculous.

Damnit Cloudy where did you go.

LukeSmith

Ramirez said:
Ward has the hands icon and route icon, yet he still gets next to no separation, it's pretty ridiculous.

Damnit Cloudy where did you go.

It's OK, apparently Reggie Wayne one on one with Vrabel can't outrun him. EA really fucked up linebackers in this game.

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
It's OK, apparently Reggie Wayne one on one with Vrabel can't outrun him. EA really fucked up linebackers in this game.

Saw Jube playing on my friends list and figured it was you guys playing. I had such a good late night diner, saw you go up and thought maybe you would pull through. I loathe Vrabel. Off to bed I go. The stats are nuts for that game, rushing and passing need to be flipped.

SickBoy

Yeah, I think they need to keep working on pass coverage in general. I can understand why it is the way it is, but here are my thoughts:

1) Good receivers don't get enough separation. They might get just enough on deep routes, but we've all seen the great swats defenders are capable of.

2) Speaking of defenders, reactions are too good. There's no reason I should be scared to throw a hook to Chad Johnson when the defender gives him cushion and there's separation when I release (just before he makes his move). I won't throw this pattern (well, I'll do it rarely) because I throw more picks than completions this way and for what... 10 yards? Then there are the uber-linebackers sitting in zones that can cover three or four yards of real estate and bat down balls (just like it's done all the time in the NFL!)

But problem is, they have to tread lightly on anything that fixes offense, because you put too much power in a team's hands and all of a sudden it'll be like AFL out there.

EDIT: Also, is Zep still AWOL? (name bolded for people scanning this thread who might have an answer). Maybe the tiger ate him?

Fifty

I agree with Ramirez 100% regarding the spectacular catch recievers. It really is unfair. You can have a WR with speed, hands and route and he still won't compare because he won't have the ability to do the insane one handed catching animations that the amazing catch WR can do.

Sickboy's 2nd point I agree with completely as well. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't know how people can dink and dunk in this passing game. Most of my completions are on deep routes because short passes result in INTs due to the unrealistic reactions that Sick mentions.

Ramirez

Fifty said:
I agree with Ramirez 100% regarding the spectacular catch recievers. It really is unfair. You can have a WR with speed, hands and route and he still won't compare because he won't have the ability to do the insane one handed catching animations that the amazing catch WR can do.

Sickboy's 2nd point I agree with completely as well. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I don't know how people can dink and dunk in this passing game. Most of my completions are on deep routes because short passes result in INTs due to the unrealistic reactions that Sick mentions.

Nor does he have the 20 foot vertical.

Rorschach

:lol I played as the Lions tonight and I saw Roy Williams at work. He really did jump around 5 and a half feet a couple of times that Kitna overthrew by a fuckton. I can't believe what I saw.

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
Nor does he have the 20 foot vertical.

That's a good thing. Those huge jump catches are rarely caught and usually just result in an interception when the WR jumps 10 feet in the air and tips it up. I wish I could throw a bullet pass with Walker not doing that stupid jump :\

Slo

I've got a question about WR "option" patterns. You know, when a WR's route will either be a hook, an in, or a fly pattern. Does anybody know exactly what determines this choice? For the most part a hook is chosen if the defense is in zone, whereas the one of the other options will be chosen if it's man-to-man. That makes sense, but it doesn't seem to be 100% the case.

I'd like to be able to count on that curl route for a dump off pattern when I read zone, but it seems that sometimes my WR will misread the defense and run in pattern right through the zones of 3 linebackers. Is this a function of WR's AWR rating? Also, what determines whether the WR goes deep or not? Cover1, Cover2, or Cover3?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
I've got a question about WR "option" patterns. You know, when a WR's route will either be a hook, an in, or a fly pattern. Does anybody know exactly what determines this choice? For the most part a hook is chosen if the defense is in zone, whereas the one of the other options will be chosen if it's man-to-man. That makes sense, but it doesn't seem to be 100% the case.

I'd like to be able to count on that curl route for a dump off pattern when I read zone, but it seems that sometimes my WR will misread the defense and run in pattern right through the zones of 3 linebackers. Is this a function of WR's AWR rating? Also, what determines whether the WR goes deep or not? Cover1, Cover2, or Cover3?

It's entirely dependent on the WR's AWR number. Someone like Marvin Harrison will always go to an open spot, a shitty guy though could get you in trouble.

Personally I avoid throwing to guys in option routes, or I just hot route them out of it.

Slo

Wellington said:
It's entirely dependent on the WR's AWR number. Someone like Marvin Harrison will always go to an open spot, a shitty guy though could get you in trouble.

I'll trust the judgment of Randy Mo.....
I'll trust the judgment of Cris Car....
I'll trust the judgment of Anthony Car....

I'll just hot route him. :(

daw840

DJ Demon.....I can play our game this morning if you are around......I do have some errands to run, but just AIM me if you can.

AIM = daw840daw

Fifty

FMT, let the people know when new power rankings are up! Let the people know!

Another good set are up now, check the main page.

SickBoy

Rorschach said:
:lol I played as the Lions tonight and I saw Roy Williams at work. He really did jump around 5 and a half feet a couple of times that Kitna overthrew by a fuckton. I can't believe what I saw.

Yeah, Chad hasn't done it much this year, but against FMT, he did it twice. Got hammered and couldn't hang on both times, but his vertical was absolutely insane.

Mrbob

Holy cow at the AFC playoff race.

Slo I might be getting more hookers and booze tonight. I can play any time tommorrow except when the Bears play (same time as Vikings i believe).

Striker

Guys, you can have Boldin and Fitz, two weapon WR's, but you can't do much all the time with a shit group of guys known as the Cardinals OL and Leinart's inaccuracy in place.

I mean, you can try, but it won't always help.

Lonestar said:
Dude, I posted that I was out of town. Still am. I'll be back in town sometime mid tomorrow, but then I've got the Bama/Tenn game to attempt to watch, a wedding for a cousin at 3 pm. I'll try to get some games in tomorrow night.
Oh ok I missed it, I apologize :(

I'll be around. As always, send a message. :)

Since the new week opened up, it is ok for me to play Saints before Seahawks if the Saints owner is around and has time to play the game?

Alright Wellie and Sable, I came out my battle with the Eagles on top!!

Crossing toes and fingers that Sable wins, so I take control of 1st place via tiebreakers!!!

Edit-Jube you may wanna fix your 465 yard rushing stat from your game with Luke...

Top Bottom