• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

SickBoy

Will post when I get home to see if I can get Zep or FMT out of the way... my "earlier night" may not emerge, however... all sorts of chaos at work. But I'll rush back once I'm done for the day....

SickBoy

I should be home by midnight Pacific (1 a.m. here)... that's a pretty normal time for me to get home (and tonight's my early night). That said, there have been some technical problems, so I can't offer any guarantees.... But I'll post here as soon as I get in the door...

SickBoy

Hey FMT, I'm back. It would help me make good time if you sent me an XBL friend request (FisheyeLens)... I'm going to hop on in a second...

nm.. I've sent you a friend request..

EDIT: Not in Madden any more, but I'll play interactive screensaver (EEEE) for a while, in the hope you're still around.. just send me a msg and I'll quit out of it...

sick im not sure if youre getting my messages (or if you're in a game and cant respond!)

i'll wait about 10 more mins but then im hittin' the hay! precious sleep!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sick im not sure if youre getting my messages (or if you're in a game and cant respond!)

i'll wait about 10 more mins but then im hittin' the hay! precious sleep!

So you're scared, for shame.

SickBoy

GG, FMT... I'm always entertained by our games.... I thought TJ had that last pass on the deflection... I chalk up the loss to your backs doing some amazing things even when the plays were busted (and bad kick coverage). Madden loves the 49ers :)

EDIT: Also, you've clearly got to get that pitch button out of (EDIT2:under) control. Showboat Frank Gore trying to rub in a lot of his yardage today...

You damn well better beat DCX in the final week, although I think there are people on the outside who have as much chance of a playoff spot as either DCX or myself...

dude i dont know what the fuck was going on with those pitches. i wasn't hitting any button other than RT! the first time i thought i was fumbling.... then the 2nd time it was clearly a pitch (a pitch that made me lose yardage cause i would've gotten the 1st!) it wasn't intentional that's for sure.

also i would have blown my top if he caught that shit on a deflection. tense moments! gg, if it weren't for that punt return TD you would've had me.

SickBoy

I think your first fumble (lost) was a fumble, but everything after that was a pitch . . . two successful ones, I think?

I'd be more frustrated about the drops (Kenny Irons is fired), but Chad's two drops would've been circus catches... defensively I more or less did what I set out to, although I let Gore do more than I wanted to.

Finally, where are Darrell Jackson's drops? Unrealistic!

Finally, where are Darrell Jackson's drops? Unrealistic!

lol i only threw to him once... and he caught it! that is unrealistic.

2 fumbles by alex in the redzone... very realistic!

and chad got destroyed on those high passes. thank god for nate clements

also that pitch play was definitely a fumble, saw the strip animation and everything. that's what i get for trying to get cute with this game. also i have NEVER once pitched the ball back in all my prior games in madden 08 (100+!) so i don't know wtf i was doing differently tonight but i better find out because i can't be risking that shit come playoff time.

Fifty

Because only 3 games remain in the current week, we unlocked the next week early. So you guys have an extra day (today) to get in week 15 games.

Good luck getting into the playoffs! I'd hate to be one of the two AFC teams at 7-6 out of the playoffs right now. Right now the AFC is actually tighter. Hopefully Zep can get back to his games sometime and help clear up the NFC. Only 3 games left! I'd say how many days left in the regular season, but you guys will dictate that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Andokuky,I should be free to play tonight sometime past 10 pm eastern.

I'm not free tomorrow night,having company over.

daw840

Jube, I can play our game tonight if you are going to be around. I keep seeing you on XBL, but I am guessing that its someone else playing on your box. Let me know when you can play. Tonight would be good.

Truelize said:
Anyone heard from Zep at all this week?

DM: I might be able to play tonight. Are you available?

I haven't heard from him since the infamous baby tiger game. Sorry we couldn't get together for our game this past week, but I'll be available most of next week.

Rorschach

Anyone know when the next roster update hits? :\

Fifty said:
I think it's clear that Big Zep is off securing said baby tiger and is unreachable.
:lol
DCX said:
LJ my friend, when can we get our game in. The game that will no doubt detirmine my playoff fate.

DCX
And his! This is exciting! :D

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Anyone know when the next roster update hits? :\

And his! This is exciting! :D

Yeah the AFC race is insane. I'm going to go from division leader to "getting a barely better draft pick"

LJ11

DCX said:
LJ my friend, when can we get our game in. The game that will no doubt detirmine my playoff fate.

DCX

I'm pretty sure I can get the game in tonight. Just name a time that works for you.

DCX

DCX
LJ11 said:
I'm pretty sure I can get the game in tonight. Just name a time that works for you.
Umm...lets try for 8PM Est time. That way after i lose i can pace and moan at my leisure and still have time to enter stats, pick up my man hood and go to bed and continue my worthless life...works for you?

DCX

LJ11

DCX said:
Umm...lets try for 8PM Est time. That way after i lose i can pace and moan at my leisure and still have time to enter stats, pick up my man hood and go to bed and continue my worthless life...works for you?

DCX

See you at 8.

LukeSmith

Malleymal said:
what's good luke.. I will be home like 9

I should be home around 630-7 pacific. I'll hit you on AIM tonight and we can coordinate. I'm planning on being around tonight. Larry Johnson restake's claim for league MVP

LJ11

Rorschach said:
I really want to know Marshawn Lynch's wonderlic score, but I can't find it. It's almost as if he didn't take it...

"Momma always said there would be days like this." He kept saying that over and over again, to just about any question, after the loss to Denver. Seems like a really nice kid, has pretty good vision, nice pair of hands, but he's not the brightest guy. A Train plays on most passing downs because he can't pick up blitzers for shit. With all that said, McGahee was even dumber. Lynch seems like he has pretty good football sense, McGahee had none of that. If you want to really laugh you should listen to Losman. Sounds and speaks like an 18 year old frat boy.

DCX I'm ready, send me an invite GT=LJ11

DCX

DCX
Good luck. One one or another you have truly turn this last few weeks into a very exciting time. I'm glad you are with us, and may the team with the least Madden interference win!

DCX

LJ11

DCX said:
Good luck. One one or another you have truly turn this last few weeks into a very exciting time. I'm glad you are with us, and may the team with the least Madden interference win!

DCX

Good luck man, thanks for the kind words.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:

"Momma always said there would be days like this." He kept saying that over and over again, to just about any question, after the loss to Denver. Seems like a really nice kid, has pretty good vision, nice pair of hands, but he's not the brightest guy. A Train plays on most passing downs because he can't pick up blitzers for shit. With all that said, McGahee was even dumber. Lynch seems like he has pretty good football sense, McGahee had none of that. If you want to really laugh you should listen to Losman. Sounds and speaks like an 18 year old frat boy.

DCX I'm ready, send me an invite GT=LJ11
Seems ok when I've seen him. Doesn't sound too bad in this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohrPL4S1VrE

Sure, he spits out a lot of cliche footbal-isms, but almost every player does that. :\

If you guys are wondering why I want to know Marshawn's wonderlic, check out the week 14 POTW awards. :p

LJ11

What a game DCX, I couldn't stop your offense. Those Tight Ends are a bitch to cover, Edwards as well. After evening score with about a minute left, I muffed a punt with 11 seconds to go and some how the Madden Gods helped me recover. My heart sank to my stomach as I watched the ball roll on the ground, hoping someone would pick it up. Good game man.

Edit: Rors that's one of the better Losman interviews, if you listen to him after a game it's much worse.

Slo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
congrats on your player of the week award slo, some nice stats you got there :D

AP with 219 yards from scrimmage and he gets no love? Damn you "Crazy Legs" Jackson! Damn you!

DCX

DCX
Nice playing ball with you guys...this was fun. I should be out of the playoffs unless a tie break with Sick...and if i beat him...i'm a defeated man right now.

Had the game wrapped up, lost it...just couldn't stop him on his last drive. I forced a fumble on his 10 off a punt, my guy kicks it about three times before a Bills defender picks it up. I pick the ball up, kick a FG, it's over in regulation. Great game. Life sucks right now.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
Nice playing ball with you guys...this was fun. I should be out of the playoffs unless a tie break with Sick...and if i beat him...i'm a defeated man right now.

Had the game wrapped up, lost it...just couldn't stop him on his last drive. I forced a fumble on his 10 off a punt, my guy kicks it about three times before a Bills defender picks it up. I pick the ball up, kick a FG, it's over in regulation. Great game. Life sucks right now.

DCX
If nothing else, you had an amazing run this season with a team almost as bad as the Raiders.

AP with 219 yards from scrimmage and he gets no love? Damn you "Crazy Legs" Jackson! Damn you!
:lol I figured that it would anger up FMT's blood a little for T-Jack to get the award because, ironically, his own rule about only winning teams getting POTW prevented Alex Smith from getting it. Guess it backfired! AP sux, anyway. T-Jack futures.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

There's always season 2!

Top Bottom