• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

it is up to jube, lest i must travel to the place of my demise and eventual resurrection... new york!

p.s. assuming i can even beat the person i have to play in the divisional. last time i got a bye week in a 32 man league i was beaten in the divisional game by favre.... FUCK YOU KBAR ILL NEVER FORGET!

Well everyone knows how I feel about DE user control, and if not I'll restate my fervent beliefs on that....

As someone that played individuals that exclusively played as DEs for weeks 9-12, I have seen many case studies consecutively to support my stance....

I think using that position is horribly unbalanced to benefit the defensive side of the ball. I have seen way too many times where a defensive lineman will simply run around my player untouched for a sack or insta pressure. In addition, it fundamentally changes the game on so many levels. To combat it consistently, I have to keep in a blocker to prevent a user controled pass rush off the edge. In my case that means taking away a 94 rated TE weapon to overcome the CPU's brain dead AI and dymanic human use of a DE. In addition, the success rate of play action passing lowers considerably. For some reason tackles really dont block vs a DE in those scenarios. So to summarize, when I am playing someone using a DE I have to in effect hold back my TE and throw out play action from my play calling....which is a problem!

At least vs a DT, I can elect to run shotgun plays to give myself more time. Shotgun only plays into the de users hands even moreso given the distance from the line of scrimmage.

For some teams with weapons on the edge, controlling them is akin to controlling a linebacker blitzing....As a result, I hope serious consideration goes into bannning DE play for next season. Based on all the drama that this issue caused, I think we would be remiss to not at least have a vote on it.

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
LJ11 said:
Gunstarr, saw your AIM message earlier but you signed off. Let me know when you can go.

Good game LJ, defensive battle.

For the rest of the league, I played as DT the whole game and the results are the same.

Kearse got 2 sacks which is right on par with what I would normally get with him.

LJ11

Gunstar77 said:
Good game LJ, defensive battle.

For the rest of the league, I played as DT the whole game and the results are the same.

Kearse got 2 sacks which is right on par with what I would normally get with him.

That redzone pick killed me. I thought I led Royal far enough, but you can never be sure with Losman.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
To combat it consistently, I have to keep in a blocker to prevent a user controled pass rush off the edge. In my case that means taking away a 94 rated TE weapon to overcome the CPU's brain dead AI and dymanic human use of a DE. In addition, the success rate of play action passing lowers considerably. For some reason tackles really dont block vs a DE in those scenarios. So to summarize, when I am playing someone using a DE I have to in effect hold back my TE and throw out play action from my play calling....which is a problem!

For some teams with weapons on the edge, controlling them is akin to controlling a linebacker blitzing....As a result, I hope serious consideration goes into bannning DE play for next season. Based on all the drama that this issue caused, I think we would be remiss to not at least have a vote on it.

So... you guys are really essentially complaining about having to keep in blockers to double team Strahan, Kearse, Peppers etc?

What were Alge Crumpler's stats after the real life Giants played the Falcons two weeks ago? Or Vernon Davis' last week?

Further, against Gun, Sable, and even last night against LJ who was blitzing a bit, I split Shockey out wide and had my second string TE stay in to help my OLine out.

Seriously maybe I am just from another planet but I can't understand not taking into account that you're going up against a 90+ rated defensive player, whereever he may be on the field. I certainly would stay away from throwing to Champ Bailey's side, I ran away from London Fletcher-Baker, I cover the ball up when Brian Dawkins comes up to make a play. It's like you folk are asking to just play a bunch of no names on the defensive side.

The best part is that Osi and one of my DT's are well above Strahan in terms of sacks and TFLs. And if I wasn't controlling Strahan, he'd but up even bigger numbers.

Slo

Shit, the Vikes Oline got pumped up with the roster update. And AP is a speed weapon? Why not just make him a truck weapon too and get it over with. And a rocket arm QB.

Andokuky

Banned
Wellington said:
Seriously maybe I am just from another planet but I can't understand not taking into account that you're going up against a 90+ rated defensive player, whereever he may be on the field. I certainly would stay away from throwing to Champ Bailey's side, I ran away from London Fletcher-Baker, I cover the ball up when Brian Dawkins comes up to make a play. It's like you folk are asking to just play a bunch of no names on the defensive side.

QFT.

Andokuky

Banned
bluemax and Slo I don't remember when you guys said you can play but I'm free all day and maybe tonight. Also maybe Friday night a little or Sunday. When is the deadline to finish all 16 games?

Wellington said:
So... you guys are really essentially complaining about having to keep in blockers to double team Strahan, Kearse, Peppers etc?

You're missing my point sir. My qualm isnt the fact that I have to keep in a TE to block pass rushers. My issue is the inordinate amount of times that a user controlled DE beats CPU controlled tackles. To combat that, my only option is to keep in a TE. When DEs are controlled by the computer, my lineman at least gets a hand on him before he gets beat. The other league games games I've played illustrate that point....Line play is already suspect enough with random blown coverages, and user controlled DEs futher perpetuate the problem.

Wellington said:
What were Alge Crumpler's stats after the real life Giants played the Falcons two weeks ago? Or Vernon Davis' last week?

I'm not certain how this relates to the issue at hand, but to answer your point... IMO those TEs lack of production is more in line with their inept QBS being unable to get them the ball vs. essentially being utilized as a pass blocker all game...

Wellington said:
Further, against Gun, Sable, and even last night against LJ who was blitzing a bit, I split Shockey out wide and had my second string TE stay in to help my OLine out.

I have one formation iirc where I have two tight end formation...with the variety of formations I call very rarely do I even have an option to double team linemen.Why should I completely change the way I play offense to accomodate for this obvious flaw in the game?

Wellington said:

Great players will be on the field regardless of who is controlling them. Your electing to play a more non controversial position does not change that, it purely creates a feeling that the offensive user is getting a fair shake when they drop back to pass. I havent been the only one complaining about this issue, so there is certainly something there. Whenever we have had issue with a particular type of play or situation, we have voted on it to kill the issue.

Wellington said:
The best part is that Osi and one of my DT's are well above Strahan in terms of sacks and TFLs. And if I wasn't controlling Strahan, he'd but up even bigger numbers

I invite you to test your theory and control someone other that Strahan. An obvious theory could be that Osi has more sacks because of the pressure created from the right makes users gravitate towards the left side of the pocket thus giving Osi more opportunities to get sacks.

Like any other issue we've had in Madden with advocates on both sides, we put it to a vote. If the community agrees that DE line play is not problematic, I will not say another word on the issue. But I think there has been sufficient number of complaints on it that I'd be surprised if it is not at least a close vote...

Slo

Andokuky said:
bluemax and Slo I don't remember when you guys said you can play but I'm free all day and maybe tonight. Also maybe Friday night a little or Sunday. When is the deadline to finish all 16 games?

If it's all the same, I'd prefer to play my games in order. I've only been able to practice against the Redskins for a few minutes, and I haven't seen the Broncos at all. I'll get chewed up if I don't prepare. :)

Jube3

DenogginizerOS said:
Dr. Jube. Please, report to the message board. Dr. Jube. Please, report to the message board.

Hey sorry denog, I can play tonight. Ill be on aim. Sorry I missed the game daws work had me working ridiculous hours past couple of days. Ill be on to play after 7est just hit me up. Sorry about holding things up.

I pretty much agree with what Shawn said, even though I play DE almost exclusively (although I am terrible). It's not the fact that we have to leave extra blockers in, its the fact that if it wasn't user controlled our tackles would actually do something (a hand, anything). I think my main problem is when there is a user controlled DE playing a contain. The tackle ai does a terrible terrible job in those instances. If there was a way to set a TE to chip block before running his route (aside from blue routes which sometimes take too long to develop and there is only a limited # of those plays) I think that would ease a lot of these issues. I mean in real life those TEs you mention weren't blocking strahan all by themselves, they were just helping the tackle. The tackle still is able to do something on his own, unlike in the game.

Slo said:
Sable, I called in lazy today. When's good for you?

damn so u have time to practice and a newly upgraded team. I'll probably get home around 5 and would like to get a little practice in before we play. 5:30-6ish?

Slo

I agree with all of the points about user controlled DEs exploiting the OT ai, but I think leaving things as they are is better than the alternative of banning their use. These guys are weapons, they are supposed to dominate the game. Just like Tjack.

Slo

sableholic said:
damn so u have time to practice and a newly upgraded team. I'll probably get home around 5 and would like to get a little practice in before we play. 5:30-6ish?

Well, I was thinking maybe you'd be home this afternoon. If not, let's just keep it at 8:00 central. I like to have dinner with the family around 5-6. Cool?

LJ11

sableholic said:
I pretty much agree with what Shawn said, even though I play DE almost exclusively (although I am terrible). It's not the fact that we have to leave extra blockers in, its the fact that if it wasn't user controlled our tackles would actually do something (a hand, anything). I think my main problem is when there is a user controlled DE playing a contain. The tackle ai does a terrible terrible job in those instances. If there was a way to set a TE to chip block before running his route (aside from blue routes which sometimes take too long to develop and there is only a limited # of those plays) I think that would ease a lot of these issues. I mean in real life those TEs you mention weren't blocking strahan all by themselves, they were just helping the tackle. The tackle still is able to do something on his own, unlike in the game.

I agree about the DE contain issue. The tackle doesn't lock on to the DE, he just kind of strafes which makes it easier for a user controlled DE to go around. IF the DE is rushing normally, then the LT/RT will make contact with him as soon as the ball is snapped buying the QB some more time. When you're containing, the DE doesn't initiate contact with the tackle, allowing you to rush around him.

With that said, this rule will be a bitch to enforce. What happens when you're scrolling through the line, or hot routing a DE, and the player snaps the ball? Certain RB's hit the corner really fast and controlling a DE in those situations can be helpful, God knows I should of tried it in my games yesterday.

Fifty

I think we've had so few complaints about it that if it were put to a vote, we'd still be able to use them. The sack leaders in the league are mostly controlled by the AI. More sacks happen because the QB is stupid or weird things happen at the line rather than user controller sacks. No one bitches about CK's play and he's used a DE for years now.

Shawn, are you complaining about your game with Gunstar? You out-sacked him 7 to 3 and you're still on a 10 game winning streak. Maybe you should save your energy.

In other more fun news..I just noticed that the Chargers have 17 weapons, including 3 'spectacular catch' weapons. Ando is frothing at the mouth right now.

Slo said:
Well, I was thinking maybe you'd be home this afternoon. If not, let's just keep it at 8:00 central. I like to have dinner with the family around 5-6. Cool?

Sounds good

Fifty said:
I think we've had so few complaints about it that if it were put to a vote, we'd still be able to use them. The sack leaders in the league are mostly controlled by the AI. More sacks happen because the QB is stupid or weird things happen at the line rather than user controller sacks. No one bitches about CK's play and he's used a DE for years now.

Yea I think that banning DE play altogether seems a little much, but I do think there is something to the user controlled DE's playing contain. Basically i'd be for a rule that made it so you can't be a DE on contain plays if only because of the suspect tackle ai in those situations.

Andokuky

Banned
Only way I would ever take another AFC West team in any league would be to purposely go 0-16 with them. I'm waiting for EA to give Brandon Marshall the spectacular catch ability he deserves :D

I want to try a team sometime who has a guy on defense who can read the offense. That would be amazing. The dirty Patriots have a play reader on both sides of the fucking ball.

Fifty

Yeah, that's really cool. I'd even go as far to say that's the 2nd most useful 'weapon' (next to spectacular catch). So few players have it, same goes with the QB version. It's very tempting to pick a team with one of them..nothing like having a gen-u-wine mind reader on the field in a 3rd and long in the fourth quarter of a big game.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Jube3 said:
Hey sorry denog, I can play tonight. Ill be on aim. Sorry I missed the game daws work had me working ridiculous hours past couple of days. Ill be on to play after 7est just hit me up. Sorry about holding things up.

Nice. I should be able to play after 830-900EST. I have to get my daughter in bed and hate to have to pause the game to do so. I will send you the AIM once I am ready.

Slo

sableholic said:
Yea I think that banning DE play altogether seems a little much, but I do think there is something to the user controlled DE's playing contain. Basically i'd be for a rule that made it so you can't be a DE on contain plays if only because of the suspect tackle ai in those situations.

The only reason I think we should allow user DE control is to ALLOW them to contain. I'm not worried about the pass rush. I'm worried about getting gashed by Portis, Westbrook, and LDT on sweep plays. We've already banned the line spread.

Slo said:
The only reason I think we should allow user DE control is to ALLOW them to contain. I'm not worried about the pass rush. I'm worried about getting gashed by Portis, Westbrook, and LDT on sweep plays. We've already banned the line spread.

Ok sorry I misspoke. DE contain and using the DE to rush the passer. I'm fine with u guys shutting down the tosses/sweeps with your DE contain. Sorry I should have said that.

Thats probably my last comment on the subject. I dont want to make a big deal about this, I just was putting in my 2 cents. I think using DE contain to rush the passer is a little much because of how the tackle AI reacts or more appropriately doesn't react. All other things i'm fine with about the DE (including using DE contain to stop the tosses and sweeps).

Fifty said:

Shawn, are you complaining about your game with Gunstar? You out-sacked him 7 to 3 and you're still on a 10 game winning streak. Maybe you should save your energy.

In other more fun news..I just noticed that the Chargers have 17 weapons, including 3 'spectacular catch' weapons. Ando is frothing at the mouth right now.

Fifty, I slightly object to your assumptions you are making about the objectives of my post.

My spiel was more aimed at the recent conversation about user controlled DEs vs. singling out a single character. Unfortunately, I was out of town on business all day yesterday hence my late contribution to the discussion.

It was not intended to single out a single person or say someone is being cheap. I have no doubt that Wellington and others may be thinking that their success with DEs is completely due to their expertise at using those positions. I'm just saying my point of view begs to differ, and I've politely illustrated why without personally attacking anyone. In addition, the fact that Wellinton has used DEs for years has no bearing on this situation as it is today. Fact is that ever year of Madden fixes issues while introducing others. Like others have chimed in recently, there is a consensus that there is something to my claim I am making.

Again, sacks do not always tell the story Fifty. Pressures, throwing out playaction passes, conceding to passing only from shotgun are some of the impacts from user controlled DE line play.

Regardless of how well I am doing, again I dont think this has a bearing on the issue. Like Sable took the time to speak up on an exploit he feels should be banned i.e. WR pass....I am doing something similar. If you are of the mind that a vote will not change things, please feel free to make a vote and it will be dead forever, right?!?

Rorschach

Fifty said:
In other more fun news..I just noticed that the Chargers have 17 weapons, including 3 'spectacular catch' weapons.
Not to mention multiple weapons on a few of those players. LT has ever single RB icon and 1 WR icon, for example.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think that the real issue here is that in this year's game the trench war at the LOS is entirely broken. Further, no one else has commented on the fact that blitzing in any way is much more effective this year than last year, which is clearly evidenced by most users going with a much more aggressive style of D than ever before. I don't think that this is strictly a problem with manually controlled DEs. I do think that some players are upset that they cannot get away with certain "Madden-isms" they grow accustomed to with an intelligent player attacking the LOS. LBs still get sucked into the fake on PA bombs, defenders don't recognize tosses or sweeps too well, even counters against a passive D work too well in the game. Sorry if having a user controlled defender on the line takes away from that. But if you're going to help out those Madden-isms, help mine out too. I love to pass to my TE, we all know TEs have been overpowered for years. Guys that play safety or LB, they should not be allowed to cover TEs. It's not fair to me.

In addition, in my last few games I don't think I have seen a single three step drop and quick release, dump off to a safety valve, or anything to relieve the pressure from all the blitzing or supposed DLine pressure. Look at my passing stats, 43 of 131 passes completed have been to RBs/FBs. That's pretty ridiculous without Tiki Barber on the team, but I have to do it to get out of a sack and a loss.

Basically, my argument boils down to this: L2P and stop being hypocritical. Some people don't mind blitzing on every play but then don't want linemen in their face? Gimme a break.

Andokuky

Banned
Wellington said:
I think that the real issue here is that in this year's game the trench war at the LOS is entirely broken. Further, no one else has commented on the fact that blitzing in any way is much more effective this year than last year, which is clearly evidenced by most users going with a much more aggressive style of D than ever before. I don't think that this is strictly a problem with manually controlled DEs. I do think that some players are upset that they cannot get away with certain "Madden-isms" they grow accustomed to with an intelligent player attacking the LOS. LBs still get sucked into the fake on PA bombs, defenders don't recognize tosses or sweeps too well, even counters against a passive D work too well in the game. Sorry if having a user controlled defender on the line takes away from that. But if you're going to help out those Madden-isms, help mine out too. I love to pass to my TE, we all know TEs have been overpowered for years. Guys that play safety or LB, they should not be allowed to cover TEs. It's not fair to me.

In addition, in my last few games I don't think I have seen a single three step drop and quick release, dump off to a safety valve, or anything to relieve the pressure from all the blitzing or supposed DLine pressure. Look at my passing stats, 43 of 131 passes completed have been to RBs/FBs. That's pretty ridiculous without Tiki Barber on the team, but I have to do it to get out of a sack and a loss.

Basically, my argument boils down to this: L2P and stop being hypocritical. Some people don't mind blitzing on every play but then don't want linemen in their face? Gimme a break.

I agree again. There also seems to be a lot more rolling out, dropping back, and play action used in this game than any GAF Madden league I have seen and that always results in more pressured throws and more sacks. I haven't gone against an elite DE user this year IIRC but I can't really imagine it being any worse than snapping the ball and seeing your line allow both DE's to shoot the gap and apply instant pressure or try a counter and watching helplessly time and time again as a DT or DE busts right through and breaks it up in the backfield. Banning someone from using the DE is just going to make the AI do the same shit the user controlled DE was doing or worse and more consistently.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I vote to ban whatever CK does on Defense :p JEEZUS! :lol :lol :lol

"L2P" is redonkulous. I know how to play, and at times, there's not much I can do on offense. SA get's tackled at handoff, or I have 2-3 seconds to throw to a bunch of recievers who aren't open in any way.

I think it would be interesting to see what would happen to the games if no control over any DL happened. If there so much complaining about bs DLine play, then just have the CPU control all line play.

Try for tonight? Though, gotta see how the "new" team is :( I got 0 upgrades, all downgrades. Wonder how Leonard Weaver is.... :( NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH ANY INJURIES....

Wellington said:

I'm not sure who the last two parts are about, but I played you in the last few games so I'll respond. What about the people who rarely blitz? Just because some people call blitzes on every first and 2nd down doesn't mean I should have to deal with lineman in my face every single play. Give me a break. And the L2P part is a complete cop out. Every single one of us knows how to play. I dont mind dumping a pass off to the safety valve (check my stats). Bringing up the blitzes every play isn't proving your point either because when people combine that with the manual DE contain where the tackle ai doesnt block its just doubling the problem. I know I am not the person who should be talking about passing games because frankly I am not that good (probably one of the worst in the league if I had to guess). However I practice it all the time and I know its not all on me. As lonestar said its hard to get your offense going when your rb is stopped in the backfield and u only have 2-3 seconds to pass.

Wellington said:

Okay...

Instead of addressing the issue everyone is talking about, you somewhat changed the focus to a litany of other issues that are all over the map.

As far as the blitzing goes, I love when people blitz me incessantly. I score the most points when heavy blitzes come my way e.g. 63 points the other night.

As far as getting away with certain Maddenisms, all of those scenarios are easily managable by assuming control of LBs and safeties. I'm right up there in terms of defensive stats, and it does take a LOS player to get those results. Your bit about not allowing TEs to be double covered by LBs or safeties seems like sarcasm so I won't seriously address the fallacy in that argument.

About your summation of your point, I don't get it. I hope you are not implying that I blitz every play because that is not the truth. League rules prohibit people to manually blitz anybody, so I dont get the connection you make to manually rushing the passer every play. In other words, calling a blitz and letting the cpu execute that blitz does not equal manually rushing the passer. AI pressure is always easier to handle vs. human pressure...

Not to be a ass, but which is it? One second you mention how allowing the CPU to play d-line would produce even more sacks or everyone is full of shit that suggest that d-line play is "entirely broken" as you mention. If the latter, then you'd support a vote to ban DE play if I understand you position correctly...

BTW, one day late doesn't mean lttp. The more discourse and differing perspectives means the best solution will arise.

Ando said:
I agree again. There also seems to be a lot more rolling out, dropping back, and play action used in this game than any GAF Madden league I have seen and that always results in more pressured throws and more sacks. I haven't gone against an elite DE user this year IIRC but I can't really imagine it being any worse than snapping the ball and seeing your line allow both DE's to shoot the gap and apply instant pressure or try a counter and watching helplessly time and time again as a DT or DE busts right through and breaks it up in the backfield. Banning someone from using the DE is just going to make the AI do the same shit the user controlled DE was doing or worse and more consistently.

Let's agree to keep this discourse civil Ando...

Like I mentioned, I have a unique perspective given the amount of games I've played vs individuals that play as DEs on defense. I'd think you would agree that I'm more qualified to speak to said issue given your admission you haven't played elite DEs...so I am baffled by your outspoken support given your admitted lack of experience with the scenario in question.

To your second point, again as someone that plays both DE controlled players and regular LB/DT/S players, I strongly disagree. I can open up the whole playbook without worrying about line issues that permeate the game. Sure i get sacked here and there, but it tends to happen more when d-line play is being manipulated by a user.

SickBoy

The fact is, things just don't work sometimes... including standard blocking on a three or four-man rush.... or the expectation that on third and long your defenders will play the QB and not the playaction.

I think playing DEs is OK, so long as they're not being looped around defenders (I don't care if the play calls for it, doesn't mean it's not broken).

Slo

SickBoy said:
The fact is, things just don't work sometimes... including standard blocking on a three or four-man rush.... or the expectation that on third and long your defenders will play the QB and not the playaction.

I think playing DEs is OK, so long as they're not being looped around defenders (I don't care if the play calls for it, doesn't mean it's not broken).

Agreed. Shit's broken. But fixing it breaks other things.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright maybe I am overzealous in the defense of my position. I was not attacking anyone in particular.

Some of the reasons against manually controlling the DE are ridiculous. I had stated earlier that my DTs and Osi get far more pressure than I do with Strahan (which the evidence shows to be true) and then I'm told it's because I force people to roll to the left. That's BS.

I don't loop around defenders, I don't do anything cheap with Strahan. whatever the rest of my line does is on the AI, but anyone that has played me lately can attest to the fact that other than stopping the run Strahan is almost a non-factor.

Fifty

Lonestar said:
Try for tonight? Though, gotta see how the "new" team is :( I got 0 upgrades, all downgrades. Wonder how Leonard Weaver is.... :( NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH ANY INJURIES....

I interupt this argument to rub in the face of Lonestar Shaun Alexander's 86 speed rating. 86! I don't know what it was before, but it certainly wasn't this low. The Madden Gods have punished you for taking your sweet time to finish the season.

I would have put this to a poll today, but I'll let FMT make that call. Personally I think this issue should be decided democratically via the poll, and I believe that the people will allow DE play to continue due to the lack of overall complaints I've heard regarding user DEs. I'd feel worse for Shawn if he wasn't coping so well with the things that are bothering him ;)

Mrbob

I say we ban Mike Vick North.

The guy who can't even hit an open receiver in real life can do 180 spin and throws on the dime in Madden!

Ban this filth! :D

Lonestar

Fifty, it was already 88, so HA HA...HA

And I would complain more about DE, even towards people who would be surprised I would. But I won't. I'm not CP.

BOOOOOOM, SHOTS FIRED

Fifty

Lonestar said:
Fifty, it was already 88, so HA HA...HA

Well at least you'll sleep soundly when his speed rating is down to 80 later this season because he'll still have his amazing awareness rating. What a useful thing that is! har har!

Lonestar

What's his ACC rating now, btw? Can't remember, but Mo Morris had better Speed and Acc than him already.

Slo

Mrbob said:
I say we ban Mike Vick North.

The guy who can't even hit an open receiver in real life can do 180 spin and throws on the dime in Madden!

Ban this filth! :D

Need I call attention to Rexy's 100% snap from center success?

Wellington said:
Alright maybe I am overzealous in the defense of my position. I was not attacking anyone in particular.

Some of the reasons against manually controlling the DE are ridiculous. I had stated earlier that my DTs and Osi get far more pressure than I do with Strahan (which the evidence shows to be true) and then I'm told it's because I force people to roll to the left. That's BS.

I don't loop around defenders, I don't do anything cheap with Strahan. whatever the rest of my line does is on the AI, but anyone that has played me lately can attest to the fact that other than stopping the run Strahan is almost a non-factor.

To your second point, I said "theory" not "fact". Like I said I can only speak to my experience and playing user DEs changes so many dynamics.

To your third point, you miss my point. This isnt an attack on how you or anyone likes to play defense. But it is an attack on the way the dynamics are in this year's version of Madden. I've examined many games since week one before I came to this thoughtful and tested conclusion.

50 said:
I would have put this to a poll today, but I'll let FMT make that call. Personally I think this issue should be decided democratically via the poll, and I believe that the people will allow DE play to continue due to the lack of overall complaints I've heard regarding user DEs. I'd feel worse for Shawn if he wasn't coping so well with the things that are bothering him ;)

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think that someone's critique on an issue with the game should have more credibility if that player is one that is doing pretty well. This isn't a case of sour grapes or personal vendettas, but rather helping the league get to a place where every game feels like a fair shake for every player.

Top Bottom