• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
We have until the 1st to get our preseason games done right? I'm just checking cause both Slo and I have been kinda busy. He's been dealing with a flooded basement and doing some repairs there and well I've been a bit busy with work.... And then there is Bioshock. :)

guys while i would like for all preseason games to be completed, they aren't 100% mandatory. they are mainly for getting acquainted with entering the stats (for the new people) and getting back into the swing of things for people who have played before. don't sweat it if you can't get the preseason games done... although i would like at least 1 completed!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I got one done right at the start. I'm sure Slo and I will find time to play this week.

I'm gonna have to play some amazing games this year to be competitive. Joey "noodle arm" Harrington is more depressing than Peerless "club hands" Price. If only I could somehow get them to play together. :D

NJ Shlice

Quick Question

At the end of the Franchise season can you switch what team you are the owner of?

I'm in the mood to try a new team and I know it as possible in previous Madden's.

How do I do it in Madden '08 for Xbox 360??

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
We all decided to wait till Rors gets back his 360.

Season starts in 08!

the plan has always been sept 1. be patient!

just finished my preseason game for maestro against CP. CP i can understand why you are frustrated with the game, but here are your problems:

1. calling playaction pass on 3rd and 15
2. calling playaction pass on 2nd and 23
3. calling playaction pass 75% of the time you pass, but not running much to make it mean anything.
4. indecisive in the pocket. there were times when you had 5-8 seconds to pass and couldn't decide what to do.
5. throwing off your back foot.
6. throwing off your back foot across your body to the other side of the field.
7. throwing off your back foot across your body to the other side of the field in triple coverage.
8. coming out with 4-3 coverage against 4 wide, including having a LB cover the slot receiver with no safety help deep

other than that it was good. the fumble recovery i had and returned for a TD was bullshit, as was you fumbling after the INT, but other than that i thought you had a lot of questionable plays. good luck in season!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

just finished my preseason game for maestro against CP. CP i can understand why you are frustrated with the game, but here are your problems:

3. calling playaction pass 75% of the time you pass, but not running much to make it mean anything.
4. indecisive in the pocket. there were times when you had 5-8 seconds to pass and couldn't decide what to do.
7. throwing off your back foot across your body to the other side of the field in triple coverage.
8. coming out with 4-3 coverage against 4 wide, including having a LB cover the slot receiver with no safety help deep

other than that it was good. the fumble recovery i had and returned for a TD was bullshit, as was you fumbling after the INT, but other than that i thought you had a lot of questionable plays. good luck in season!

:lol :lol :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:

:lol :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:

:lol :lol :lol FMT is a Madden Thinktank!

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I wasn't indecisive or trying to throw across my body. I kept on hitting the wrong buttons when I went to pass. I had just got home from work and was about to pass out. As for all of the playaction passes... Never played with the bills book before. I was just finding plays with routes I liked asap. It turned out 95% of them ended up being pa. Am I allowed to use the Chiefs book for the league?

Horrible game for me. Next time I'll do better.

I wasn't indecisive or trying to throw across my body. I kept on hitting the wrong buttons when I went to pass. As for all of the playaction passes... Never played with the bills book before. I was just hurring and finding plays with routes I liked. It turned out 95% of them ended up being pa. Am I allowed to use the Chiefs book for the league?

Horrible game for me. Next time I'll do better.

you can use any playbook you want. and yes you did try to throw across your body at least 4 times. i think 2 of them resulted in INT's. you were also indecisive. you had a lot of time to pass and you would just keep drifting back, back, back, and get sacked. that's who you ended up with 2nd and 23 on that one drive. 13 yard drop back!?

anyways, i just wanted to illustrate a point that while there is bullshit from time to time in the game, it still comes down to actually playing well in order to win the game. madden isn't out to get you and it isn't cheating you out of games you should win ;)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you can use any playbook you want. and yes you did try to throw across your body at least 4 times. i think 2 of them resulted in INT's. you were also indecisive. you had a lot of time to pass and you would just keep drifting back, back, back, and get sacked. that's who you ended up with 2nd and 23 on that one drive. 13 yard drop back!?

anyways, i just wanted to illustrate a point that while there is bullshit from time to time in the game, it still comes down to actually playing well in order to win the game. madden isn't out to get you and it isn't cheating you out of games you should win ;)

I had just worked a 15 hour work day and played the game before I had even had a chance to get something to eat. If you want to base my skill level on that single game have at it. I've had good games will Malley and others. I don't usually play that retarded

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You shit on the game,FMT shits on you,it's the circle of life :p

I know I'm not in the league but I figured the best thing to do was to come here...

How the hell do you disable/enable the vision cone in a game!? Before I play, I always press RT+RightStickUp to view the playart. Then when I hike, sometimes the vision cone appears and sometimes it doesn't. I'm also certain I'm not pressing any other buttons...but when it surprises you it usually sucks and results in a shitty play. Help me!?

Slo

When you're viewing the play art, if you press the button of the receiver who is not the primary receiver, he becomes the primary receiver and the vision cone is enabled.

Zep

Banned
bioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshock

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Big Zep said:
bioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshockbioshock

is awesome

change of plans! i'm thinking of opening week 1 today or tomorrow as pretty much everyone has gotten a game in that should.

the only thing i worry about is if maestro is back and if rors has gotten his 360 back. i would still make the deadline from the 1st (so week 2 would begin on sept 4... a holiday!)

the way i see it there's no reason to delay more if people are ready to play. what do you guys think?

Matrix

From the way Rors has been talking it doesnt look like he will have a 360 today or tommorow and maestro is a mystery.

I'm ready to go whenever.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
change of plans! i'm thinking of opening week 1 today or tomorrow as pretty much everyone has gotten a game in that should.

the only thing i worry about is if maestro is back and if rors has gotten his 360 back. i would still make the deadline from the 1st (so week 2 would begin on sept 4... a holiday!)

the way i see it there's no reason to delay more if people are ready to play. what do you guys think?
I don't have my 360 back, but go for it if people are getting antsy about playing. Week 1 potw = asterisk place holder 'till Jordan gets back!

CB3

Rorschach said:
I don't have my 360 back, but go for it if people are getting antsy about playing. Week 1 potw = asterisk place holder 'till Jordan gets back!

LaMont isnt doing a god damn thing against me. Calvin Johnson is gonna get player of the week.

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
LaMont isnt doing a god damn thing against me. Calvin Johnson is gonna get player of the week.
Wtf you're detroit!? Shot myself in the foot again...running out of feet to shoot.

Defensive player of the week Nnamdi Asomugha. Book it!

Slo said:
When you're viewing the play art, if you press the button of the receiver who is not the primary receiver, he becomes the primary receiver and the vision cone is enabled.

Right, I'm aware of that, but I'm not pressing anything but Right Trigger and a direction on the right stick.

I've just gotten used to memorizing the play beforehands but that won't do against players in the league, I need my sweet sweet hot routes...

CB3

Rorschach said:
Wtf you're detroit!? Shot myself in the foot again...running out of feet to shoot.

Defensive player of the week Nnamdi Asomugha. Book it!

Kevin Jones is running all the middle of that overrated D. All over Warren Sapp and Mami Asohola

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
Kevin Jones is running all the middle of that overrated D. All over Warren Sapp and Mami Asohola
They're underrated! Whole team got taken down a peg after that roster update...sucks because they hadn't even played yet and they get reduced. Can't wait for Sapp to tear through your line. :]

------------------------------------Schweigert---------------Huff

--------------------------------Howard ----- Morrison ----Williams
Washington------------------Burgess --- Sands --- Sapp --- Kelly--------------------Asomugha

I said wow!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Lets start this bitch up yesterday..

i havent played in a while, save one or two games.. but its cool I would rather get this thing started

Rors will catch up in a few days, I am sure Microsoft knows not to make that man angry...

as for maestro or whatever... if he doesnt show up slo should get them vikes

Fifty

Awesome rankings. Even though I'm not (currently) participating in the league, I'll keep up to date by living through them

Matrix

Malley,I can play tonight starting at 11:30 pm eastern time and anytime after.

Let me know in here if you can play then or after that.

If you can,meet me in east lobby 2.I'll challenge cause I'm home.

23...23!? Schaub will prove you wrong! :D

Matrix said:
23...23!? Schaub will prove you wrong! :D

You could be 26 like me instead :(

Live when did you want to get our game in?

Oh and FMT I am never ever playing Brunell. If Collins and Campbell go down I'll just forfeit :D
Thankfully only my rbs get injured every play ... :'(

Yo Welington, when can you play bro?!?

I know you are itching to exact some revenge from our epic Season 8 GAF Super Bowl matchup. I'm just barely average in this years edition, so I've already accepted the fact you will probably mop the floor with me...

Top Bottom