• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
vumpler said:
Holy shit
#24 Darrelle Revis, CB, 5-11, 204, 07/14/1985

He's 22!??! I guess 22 is normal but fuck... 85 was when I was born
killbill.gif

I was in Junior High in '85. DOH!

Striker

sableholic said:
anybody up for a practice game/striker you around for our preseason?
Hey pal, sorry I didn't check here yesterday.

As of now, I'm good to go. Hit me up on AIM from now throughout the weekend. :D

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
Wait... Did you get your 360 issue taken care of !!!???
Nope...that's why I'm guessing so many losses...you guy will all have a month or so under your belt by the time the season starts and I'll be so used to playing the PS2 version. :\

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
oh damn.... sorry playboy... i am sure that you will catch on quick... before you goto bed just practice hitting the cover ball button with your 360 pad until you fall asleep, you will be on our level in no time...

Mark week four fellas, Zep and I have a bet on our Week 4 game!!

If I win, Zep will get a "special" custom made Mandy Moore avatar to sport for a month

If Zep wins (lolz), he mentioned something about a Marc Bulger naked picture hanging over his bed for my avatar or something..... Yeah I started to ask "WTF is..." ...but Zep said "Dont ask"

Shawnwhann said:
Mark week four fellas, Zep and I have a bet on our Week 4 game!!

If I win, Zep will get a "special" custom made Mandy Moore avatar to sport for a month

If Zep wins (lolz), he mentioned something about a Marc Bulger naked picture hanging over his bed for my avatar or something..... Yeah I started to ask "WTF is..." ...but Zep said "Dont ask"

.... god I hope you win

Cloudy/Konex....where the hell are you?!? I've posted in this thread and sent you a PM with no response. Let's get our preseason game in!!!

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I find it so offensive that there are players in professional sports that are younger than I am.

That said, scoot! Let's play tonight!

Working super late tonight...I'll check in when I get home

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Working super late tonight...I'll check in when I get home
It's cool dude, I definitely understand deadlines. I'm in bed by 11 ET anyway, since I have to be up at 5 AM for work. We'll hook up during the weekend!

BTW, it being what? I assume Halo 3.

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
oh damn.... sorry playboy... i am sure that you will catch on quick... before you goto bed just practice hitting the cover ball button with your 360 pad until you fall asleep, you will be on our level in no time...
:lol I have been fumbling a bunch with Jordan (PS2) recently, so I've learned. Hope they fix that by the time I get it. :p

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
It's cool dude, I definitely understand deadlines. I'm in bed by 11 ET anyway, since I have to be up at 5 AM for work. We'll hook up during the weekend!

BTW, it being what? I assume Halo 3.

Yeah, correct assumption

Mrbob

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
toavatar-1.jpg
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shawnwhann said:
Marc Bulger naked picture hanging over his bed for my avatar or something..... Yeah I started to ask "WTF is..." ...but Zep said "Dont ask"

Ramirez

I've got work in 30 mins...I'm really not sure I'll be able to get it in this weekend, work 5-11 next 3 nights, have 3 online assignments due Sunday night, and a paper due Monday...We could get it in Monday though.

rules updated!

Type: Ranked
Difficulty: All-Pro
Time: 5 minute Quarters

* Vision Cone is NOT required!

* Injuries will stay on. "Wah wah wah but why!" because injuries are part of the game. If some dude runs with his QB 5 times and his QB gets hurt, then he got what he deserved. Next thing you will say "but i don't want fatigue on! i want all my players in at all times!" If you suffer an injury deal with it!

* Play sim-ball for christ sake. No going for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter in your own territory, no onsides kicking early in the game, no scrambling out of the pocket at the start of EVERY PLAY, etc. Also, play sim-ball in your playcalling. There is NO FUN to be found in playing against 4-wide sets every play, or someone throwing deep bombs over and over and over and over. I know teams like the Colts are big deep passing teams, and that's fine, but mix it up a little as well. I'm not saying "Pass 20 times and Run 20 times every game!" but have SOME kind of balance.

* DO NOT ABUSE THE SLOT CORNER ROUTE OR TE ROUTE! These plays ARE NOT ILLEGAL! However, if you are on the final drive of the game trying to tie the game, and you throw 5 straight corner passes to the slot receiver in a 3-wide set that is cheesy. Again, mix up your passes. For those that don't know, a slot corner route or TE corner route is when the wr/te goes straight up the field, and then breaks downs the sideline at an angle. Why is this dirty? Because the CPU DB usually won't defend it properly. That's not to say it is a 100% money play, because many zones will stop it and if you have a good enough nickle CB they will defend it properly a good deal of the time, but it is SO easy to complete and it's a guaranteed 20-30 yards. Again, it's not illegal, but don't abuse it.

* No Physical line spreading. In other words, you can't push LB + Up on the LEFT STICK/D-PAD. this is pretty cheesy and only helps an already over powered defensive line. You CAN, however, push LB + Up on the RIGHT STICK, which is a line stunt, but doesn't move the line. Cat fish?

* No manual blitzing with linebackers or defensive backs. Now, you can call on anyone to blitz from any position on your defense, it's just it can't be YOU controlling him. The reason is that the blocking AI can never pick up a human opponent properly. This is cheap as well, don't do it. There will be no compromising on my part with this rule. The one exception is that if you are playing linebacker/CB, and you are covering the field and the QB BREAKS THE POCKET, you can go after him. As soon as you see the QB scrambling to the right or left, you can go after him. If you have a CPU Controlled player CLOSE to the qb or already past the offensive line and you want to take control of him, feel free to do so!

* No pulling your DE off the line of scrimmage and blitzing in with him. This is basically like a manual LB blitz. You can manually rush the QB with anyone on the defensive line, that isn't a problem. The problem is when you move your DE far off to the side so you can get an easy sack. Don't do this, it is cheap.

* No manual catching allowed. I tested it out, and if you are playing against a spectacular catch receiver it's almost impossible to defend, even with a shut down corner.

* No ridiculous sub packages. I don't want to see Champ Bailey at TE or Alex D Smith at DE (even though he dominates!!). I don't mind if you put a CB in @ WR or something that ACTUALLY happens in the NFL, but no bullshit subs.

* NO CLOCK MILKING UNTIL THE 4th QUARTER! if you are letting the playclock purposely run down to under 10 seconds in the first 3 quarters that is bullcrap. Have some respect for your opponent. If we were playing 15 minute quarters, fine, run the playclock down. But we aren't. We want everyone to have a chance to win, so don't pull out the milking card. In the 4th quarter, milk all you want.

* DO NOT run up the score on people. If you have a 20 point lead in the 4th, don't attempt to throw bombs to the endzone. This is just common courtesy. Please guys, if you are beating someone hardcore just be content with your win. I know everyone likes to brag about being the #1 rusher or passer or whatever, but it causes unnecessary problems and tension amongst league players. If you are clearly dominating a game, and the scoreboard shows it, just run the ball and be a courteous winner.

* For disconnections: This one is tricky as well. If you lose connection, and the game says "Continue Vs. CPU", that means your opponent has lost connection. Now one of two things can happen here: A) you can mark down all the stats (or take a pic with a digital camera and send it to me if you want) for you and your opponent and start a new game simply playing out the remaining time. For instance, it disconnects with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. So start a new unranked game, set the Quarter length to 4 minutes, and play out 1 half (i.e. there were 8 mins left in the game, so play those 8 mins). Or, B) You guys can play an entirely new game over. This one is totally up to the two players because it kinda sucks if someone is getting blown out and the other guy disconnects, then the other guy gets screwed. We'll play this by ear.

* ALL STATS ARE REQUIRED TO BE ENTERED! All game AND player stats are required! Now you can bend this rule a little bit. For defensive stats, you don't have to enter EVERY SINGLE LAST TACKLE if you don't want to. What I want to see on the defensive side of the ball is all sacks/int/forced fumble/fumble recoveries recorded, and then record your top 5 or 6 tacklers as well. I know it's a pain in the *** when you have 20 guys who have 1 tackle, so don't worry about that. For offensive, I would like to have all passing, receiving and rushing stats recorded. Please ask me if you have any questions about this.

* FOURTH DOWN ATTEMPT RULES!!!
1. No 4th down attempts in your own territory in the first half, period.
2. You CAN attempt 4th downs in the following scenarios in the first half: If you are losing by double digits and you have a 4th and 3 or less inside the opponents 40 or if you are down by less than 10, you can go for it inside your opponents 40 if you have a 4th and 1 or less. Under NO circumstances should you go for it on 4th and 1 if you are WINNING. Have a little respect for your opponent. If you can't get the job done in 3 downs, accept your FG or punt.
2. In the 3rd quarter if you're trailing by 20+ 4th downs are user discretion.
3. In the 4th quarter if you are trailing by any amount 4th downs are user discretion.

So you see, in all other instances it is illegal. And even in the 4th, if you are WINNING, it's a no-go!

Any breaking of the rules means an automatic loss. Of course SOME of the above rules are subject to interpretation. But for the most part they are pretty clear cut. If you have questions ask one of the people in charge (or myself!)

Ramirez

I have a question, say I'm playin' a LB, offense calls PA, I initially go in to tackle the RB (this fools me practically every time), but realize it's a PA, is it not fair game to take out the QB at that point?

I have a question, say I'm playin' a LB, offense calls PA, I initially go in to tackle the RB (this fools me practically every time), but realize it's a PA, is it not fair game to take out the QB at that point?

sure isn't. go cover the RB! this would essentially make a good deal of the playaction in the game almost meaningless because you could feasibly get in to sack the qb every time. but provide me with some feedback those of you who play LB.

i know i just played a game against DM where he did that and i got in, i could have sacked him with the LB but i just went after the rb even though i realized it was a PA.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
sure isn't. go cover the RB! this would essentially make a good deal of the playaction in the game almost meaningless because you could feasibly get in to sack the qb every time. but provide me with some feedback those of you who play LB.

i know i just played a game against DM where he did that and i got in, i could have sacked him with the LB but i just went after the rb even though i realized it was a PA.
Does that same thing apply to the defensive line if I beat the OLinemen and realize it's a PA? What if I had containment to the outside, it's a PA, and the QB rolls out to my side right into me?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Honestly I don't see how that can be a true "rule." I'm not sure about what dm does in his cheese factory but when I bust the line on a PA 90% of the time I get sucked into the RB but if its one of those huge rollout PA's where they never bite on the QB you're generally going straight for the QB. If its 3rd and 14 (I don't understand why people would use PA in this situation anyway) how can you justify taking out the RB? Like I said 90% of the time I don't get the option it sucks me to the running back but I would think it would have to be best judgment at best.

Mrbob

vumpler said:
Honestly I don't see how that can be a true "rule." I'm not sure about what dm does in his cheese factory but when I bust the line on a PA 90% of the time I get sucked into the RB but if its one of those huge rollout PA's where they never bite on the QB you're generally going straight for the QB. If its 3rd and 14 (I don't understand why people would use PA in this situation anyway) how can you justify taking out the RB? Like I said 90% of the time I don't get the option it sucks me to the running back but I would think it would have to be best judgment at best.

:lol

Here we goooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh I didn't notice this till now.

(neutral) vumpler
If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em

Hahahaha.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm's cheese factory :lol

i'm going to add a rule later today: no bitching and whining after every loss you get. if the game sucks so much balls and is so cheap, just don't play and we can get someone in here who will actually enjoy themselves :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm going to add a rule later today: no bitching and whining after every loss you get. if the game sucks so much balls and is so cheap, just don't play and we can get someone in here who will actually enjoy themselves :D

But that's the whole reason I'm in this league :O

The PA rule is touchy. I play LB and have bit a PA bad and went for the RB, hit him, knocked him down and now have a clear path to the QB. Now your rules states that I have to just play containment until the QB rolls out of the pocket? That's not really sim is it? I know we can't rush the QB on a blitz with the LB but if the RB gets crushed trying to block me and I have a clear path at Alex Smith for Dinner I'm gonna eat him up.

Yes?

Ramirez

What happens if the QB rolls out to a side you have no pressure on and scrambles for a 1st down when you could have ended the play in the backfield? I mean I can see doing this on every play could turn cheap, but I think allowing someone to sack the QB on a PA every once in a while is legitimate...that rule is very biased towards allowing the offense to get an easy 1st down if you ask me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
What happens if the QB rolls out to a side you have no pressure on and scrambles for a 1st down when you could have ended the play in the backfield? I mean I can see doing this on every play could turn cheap, but I think allowing someone to sack the QB on a PA every once in a while is legitimate...that rule is very biased towards allowing the offense to get an easy 1st down if you ask me.
That's what I mean. A lot of times I just go out for contain since a lot of you guys roll right to escape pressure.

Mrbob

Ramirez said:

After playing a random game online against vince young run cheese on PA I tend to agree with this. I had to manually focus my attention on him to stop him with various LB from running all over the field on me.

first off, if the QB breaks the pocket AT ANY TIME, you can manually blitz with anyone you want. and you guys do have a point. it's not like you'd get in on the qb on EVERY PA pass. and as far as i'm concerned if someone is calling PA on 3rd and 14 they deserve what they get.

rule will be revised!

Top Bottom