• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Livewire, are you really going to take the team that's beating your Redskins today? That'd be like marrying the woman who killed your family. Not cool! The Redskins are a good team in Madden. Lead Portis to victory!
No shame.

Fifty said:
Livewire, are you really going to take the team that's beating your Redskins today? That'd be like marrying the woman who killed your family. Not cool! The Redskins are a good team in Madden. Lead Portis to victory!

You all just want the Pats for yourself.

Fifty

sableholic said:
You all just want the Pats for yourself.

As a fellow Redskins fan, and one who has proven that you can win with this team..Would you really want Livewire to take the team that ran up the score against your beloved Skins? I think it is you that wants a team for themself, and that team is the Redskins! Do the right thing DJ. Don't be tempted by Satan and risk angering the Madden Gods.

Fifty said:
As a fellow Redskins fan, and one who has proven that you can win with this team..Would you really want Livewire to take the team that ran up the score against you? I think it is you that wants a team for themself, and that team is the Redskins!

lol nope I won't be taking the skins next season, well unless there is no teams I want at my pick which I dont think will be the case. I have other teams on my mind. That said this game vs the Pats is depressing.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
lol nope I won't be taking the skins next season, well unless there is no teams I want at my pick which I dont think will be the case. I have other teams on my mind.
Skins fans are a loyal bunch!

Rorschach said:
Skins fans are a loyal bunch!

lol I'm a diehard skins fan, thats the problem I'm too involved with the skins in real life. I get too wrapped up in madden when I play with them. I take the game too seriously. Plus I want to try something different

Edit: Plus if livewire wants him thats fine because we played for them the first season and I won so hes supposed to have them anyways.

So what's the deal with my game with True??? I guess we need to wait and see on the Lonestar game and Rams games before we worry about anything?

Fifty

I'm playing Lonestar now. If you can find a replacement to play you, matt, you can play them. Rors maybe..or DM..Could be almost anyone!

SickBoy

Curious as to the future of my game against Demon... haven't heard from him since Friday night. I got called into work tonight, and he said he'd be occupied all day, so I agreed since there's no night game :)... so I'm not back until 10:30 MT tonight (or a little later -- they're really short people tonight). Anyhow, I'll check back tonight... the game needs to be played because it has big playoff implications.

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
Curious as to the future of my game against Demon... haven't heard from him since Friday night. I got called into work tonight, and he said he'd be occupied all day, so I agreed since there's no night game :)... so I'm not back until 10:30 MT tonight (or a little later -- they're really short people tonight). Anyhow, I'll check back tonight... the game needs to be played because it has big playoff implications.
I'll fill in!!!! ;b

dammitmattt said:
So what's the deal with my game with True??? I guess we need to wait and see on the Lonestar game and Rams games before we worry about anything?
I can fill in for this, though. NFC and no implications on my team. Message me if you want to play it. I'll be on live most likely, if not, AIM.

Fifty

Dammit! I played too loose on D, and as usual critical turnovers hurt me.

Rors, go ahead and play matt. I don't know where DJ is. It's a shame it's such a critical game, he really needs to play it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GG Fifty,

And now that the game is over, I really resent having to play a Ringer for the Ravens :p I had to scratch and claw to pull that damn victory out of my ass. Now, where's the Preperation H.

Fifty

That no huddle Boller drive was epic. It might have been my greatest moment of the season, for either team. I waited too long to put Ky-Bol in the game.

The only positive about losing is that I don't (really) have to listen to your talk of my being a ringer. If I had won you'd either have quit the league or hunted FMT and I down and murdered us.

Lonestar

I might as well quit, I'm making sure I get the Dolphins next year with a shoddy team, I'm 1 and done this playoff (If I make it)

eeyore%203.jpg

EEYORE 4 L$FE

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Good luck, everyone! I am done and will not be coming back for the next season. Thanks for the opportunity to play and I hope to see all of you next year for Madden '09.

Nog

Birdman02

Since Denog (and probably a few others) is not playing in season 2, can I have a spot? I'm assuming you guys are still planning on a 32-team league.

Fifty

Birdman02 said:
Since Denog (and probably a few others) is not playing in season 2, can I have a spot? I'm assuming you guys are still planning on a 32-team league.

There should be a season 2 thread created tomorrow, so as the playoffs are going on I can start the picking process as much as possible. Check back in this thread for a link to it.

daw840

Fifty, I see that you did fairly well for me. Thank you for taking care of those games. I wish I could have played them but a couple of serious family illnesses required that I go out of town. I hope that you didn't move me so far up in the next draft that I don't get my Chiefs. ;)

Rorschach

You know, I'm warming up to the Cards. I lost that game because of some BS, but overall they're nice...I can even deal with the offensive line with Warner in there, but the deal breaker for me is their special teams...holy shit.

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
You know, I'm warming up to the Cards. I lost that game because of some BS, but overall they're nice...I can even deal with the offensive line with Warner in there, but the deal breaker for me is their special teams...holy shit.
BS? Something I did?

I know that Holt catch off the play-action was pretty weak, but that's Madden's fault!

Andokuky

Banned
There should be a Patriots Cheese Bowl between Demon and True. Whoever wins takes the greatest Madden team ever assembled.

I think the SB winner should have the option of keeping their team or taking any team under a certain rating, like 80 or so. At least that way you're somewhat rewarded for winning it all in some way other than being bored with the same team or being stuck with Atlanta. Just my opinion though. The way it's going down is definitely better than the way other leagues do it, like giving the champ #1 pick.

AirBrian if you need a sub for the other game I can play now if you want.

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
BS? Something I did?

I know that Holt catch off the play-action was pretty weak, but that's Madden's fault!
No, no. BS because the oline all of a sudden just falls apart at the end, my guy does that slomo fair catch animation glitch bs which results in a fumble, Pope drops a surefire TD, those 4th and inches calls, etc etc. :p

Not accusing you of anything. Catfish?

AirBrian

Rorschach said:
No, no. BS because the oline all of a sudden just falls apart at the end, my guy does that slomo fair catch animation glitch bs which results in a fumble, Pope drops a surefire TD, those 4th and inches calls, etc etc. :p

Not accusing you of anything, catfish?
OK, just making sure. :) Yeah, two 4th and inches...that was crazy!

Rorschach said:
I'll fill in!!!! ;b

I can fill in for this, though. NFC and no implications on my team. Message me if you want to play it. I'll be on live most likely, if not, AIM.

Rors...still want to play?

Damn you, Loney. Damn you.

Fifty

It's done automatically. The third tiebreaking condition is 'common games' and Lonestar made it in. I'm not going to research how to get Airbrian in the playoffs after he joined so late in the season! I'm so bitter. I'm also not sure exactly how that's determined. I do think we should rename the Madden Trophy the 'Big Zep' in honor of our deceased friend.

Rorschach

On the plus side, I found out that Favre has an awesome oline. If it weren't for the WR/RB fumbles...and the untimely pick six that was totally on me, it would have been pretty different.

AirBrian

Congrats, Lonestar. Looks like you got the tiebreaker!

And Rorschach, your O-line was sick! You had all freaking day to throw! It was nice to see some slanging with your slinging though. :p

Fifty

The last relevant game is Sickboy vs the Fins, and it didn't get played yet because Livewire wasn't around today. I just checked and if Sick lost, the tiebreaker against Rors would yet again go to "common games" due to H2H and division games being tied

I'm not sure when that game will be played but FMT said the playoffs start tomorrow so I'll let him handle it.

I'm out. I'll leave you with Challenger to get you hyped for the playoffs

Lonestar

Hmm, I beat the Steelers, Bengals and the Saints, while he beat the Browns. Really wierd tie breaker.

My game against Rors was just one of those games. I couldn't do anything right, and he did just about everything right. Very, very embarrassing. I promise that game wasn't representative of my normal play. I'm not sure what happened, but it was really ugly.

It was so bad that after about 10 passes, I immediately regretted hitting the button. I usually only have 1 or 2 of those a game. What a sad way to go out...

Rorschach

Happens to the best of us, dammitmatt.

...ok this time I only pushed RB twice and I fumbled 0 times...wtf! I'm guessing RB is not for fumble prevention...

I ran with almost no consideration for Dunn's safety.

Sad to say the Falcons are kind of a superior version of the Raiders in this game. :[

Better oline, better RBs, better WRs, better TE, and better special teams ('cept I like seabass). The defense is speed on the outside and a decent mlb. The secondary drops picks like crazy, but once in a while they actually pick some up, so that's a step up.

SickBoy

Fifty said:
The last relevant game is Sickboy vs the Fins, and it didn't get played yet because Livewire wasn't around today. I just checked and if Sick lost, the tiebreaker against Rors would yet again go to "common games" due to H2H and division games being tied

I'm not sure when that game will be played but FMT said the playoffs start tomorrow so I'll let him handle it.

I'm out. I'll leave you with Challenger to get you hyped for the playoffs

Yeah, I'm a little concerned. Back to work for the damn late shift tomorrow. I have no clue what Demon/livewire's schedule is... he hasn't posted since Friday.

Me, I'm outta here by 4 p.m. MT at the very latest and back after 1 a.m. MT

Rorschach

Ok...I was about to enter the stats...Truelize... how the hell does Alge Crumpler not have a single TD?! I just scored 1 more TD with him than you scored all season? o_O

Dunn's numbers too.... I got more yards and TDs in one game than any 3 of your games combined. o_O

I think I'll leave the stats out because I just obliterated all of your season records in one game.

SickBoy said:
Yeah, I'm a little concerned. Back to work for the damn late shift tomorrow. I have no clue what Demon/livewire's schedule is... he hasn't posted since Friday.

Me, I'm outta here by 4 p.m. MT at the very latest and back after 1 a.m. MT
Let's get DM to fill in! You can do it, DM!!!

Top Bottom