• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Mrbob

NFC wild card matchups are a tale of vengeance.

Can regular season losses be avenged in the postseason?

The sad part is that I face the fucking Pats in the first round. All that to be one and done. :[

At least you don't have to play the hottest player in the league right now. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The brackets don't make any sense. If Lonestar beats DM, then I should play him no matter what, if Bob and DM win, I play Bob. Top seed gets the lowest seed my friends but I want a divisional matchup.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
The brackets don't make any sense. If Lonestar beats DM, then I should play him no matter what, if Bob and DM win, I play Bob. Top seed gets the lowest seed my friends but I want a divisional matchup.
Yeah, I should play Steelers instead of Broncos!

LiveWire

SickBoy said:
That's fucking brutal (EDIT: and no, I was pretty sure I was in regardless of what happened in this game).

First of all, GG DJ, you played a great game... my atrocious - or his great - special teams and a couple of opportune turnovers (including one on special teams) really sealed the deal for him.

But second-last play of the game, I'm up by 3, I call a three-deep zone with a blitz, he's four wide. For some reason my coverage lines up right at the line. WTF. I burn a timeout (my last timeout) I call the same play, same thing happens. I should've audibled out of it, but I figured I'd get some pressure and decided to take my chances. No pressure. Fucking brutal. Huge TD to Ginn. I have no idea what the D was doing, and it cost me the game. I should've fucking called prevent but I wanted to send some heat since a field goal would tie it and I wanted to force a throw.

Anyhow, he played a great game, I probably should have played a more aggressive game on D, but he had good game. I can see how he could've beaten the Giants. No offense, but I can also see how his record got where it is, because Rudi had his best game of the season.

gg SB. I saw your 2nd to last coverage and you're right, it was on the line and I just realized it a moment too late after you called the timeout. But your next coverage was fine--everyone was covered, so I audibled Ginn to slant wide and go deep, and Hagan to cross in front of him, which gave Ginn a step on his man.

As to you not playing prevent: I had no timeouts, 10 seconds on the clock, and on my own 40. A FG was impossible at that point. Even with you calling a zone blitz you had pretty good protection, but a prevent would have sealed the game.

I don't know why you made the Rudi comment. He's a very underrated back, and I was trying to balance my defensive playcalls for the run against your two Pro Bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl QB. So excuse me if I don't hit Rudi for a loss on every down.

Anyway, gg again and good luck to you in the playoffs! :)

And a final message from the Dolphins to all of our fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sogKUx_q7ig

Andokuky

Banned
Damn 12 wins I didn't even notice that myself.

That AGS clip is great. There's a show on the local sports radio station where the board op plays it any time the hosts piss him off, he lets it go for minutes sometimes it's great. Anyone else listen to the Ticket? The DFW one anyway, not one of the shitty clones. I hear it's the most popular sports station in the country.

guys dont pay attention to the bye week teams. i had to put them SOMEWHERE on the bracket.

keep in mind that we can't know who plays who in the 2nd round until we see the results. it will be like this:

No. 1 seed Vs. Lowest Seed remaining in the conference
No. 2 Seed Vs. Highest Seed Remaining in the conference

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Yeah, I should play Steelers instead of Broncos!

MzCD.jpg

SickBoy

LiveWire said:
gg SB. I saw your 2nd to last coverage and you're right, it was on the line and I just realized it a moment too late after you called the timeout. But your next coverage was fine--everyone was covered, so I audibled Ginn to slant wide and go deep, and Hagan to cross in front of him, which gave Ginn a step on his man.

What I mean is there were three guys who were meant to line up deep in the defensive secondary and play deep zones, lining up tight is what really screwed me over, because it just takes one slow guy, whereas the play should always have been in front of them.

As to you not playing prevent: I had no timeouts, 10 seconds on the clock, and on my own 40. A FG was impossible at that point. Even with you calling a zone blitz you had pretty good protection, but a prevent would have sealed the game.

The loss is on my head in that case (partly, my D's not off the hook for showing some sort of bizarre scheme), I thought you still had one TO in your pocket. That makes me even angrier :) ... although you may have had the chance to hit the sidelines and get the field goal unit out (you could've gotten OB on the previous down too, I think).

EDIT: Did you lose a timeout on that injury? I'm trying to think of where your third timeout went...

I don't know why you made the Rudi comment. He's a very underrated back, and I was trying to balance my defensive playcalls for the run against your two Pro Bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl QB. So excuse me if I don't hit Rudi for a loss on every down.

Wasn't meant as a slight against you. Even when your line did get in on him, they seemed to have issues with tackling... he should've been stopped for losses on a couple of downs where he ended up gaining 5 or 7 instead... if that's been the case all year, I can see why you've struggled.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
In my mind, Bob's a lower ranked seed than I am. I didn't beat him and have a better record for nothing!

Oh, fix the power ratings, COMMISH

Neglect my 5-1 finish!

LiveWire

SickBoy said:
What I mean is there were three guys who were meant to line up deep in the defensive secondary and play deep zones, lining up tight is what really screwed me over, because it just takes one slow guy, whereas the play should always have been in front of them.

The loss is on my head in that case (partly, my D's not off the hook for showing some sort of bizarre scheme), I thought you still had one TO in your pocket. That makes me even angrier :) ... although you may have had the chance to hit the sidelines and get the field goal unit out (you could've gotten OB on the previous down too, I think).

EDIT: Did you lose a timeout on that injury? I'm trying to think of where your third timeout went...

Yea, I lost a timeout on the injury. Jesse Chatman is a fumbling and injury machine! I also fucked up in that I thought you only had 2 timeouts when I got the ball with like 1:19 to go. So I kneeled on first down thinking I could just kneel 3 times and let the clock run out, but then I realized after you called your first timeout that you had 3. Is there anywhere that the game shows you your opponents remaining TOs? The I decided to run on second down and Chatman gets injured and costs me my first timeout and stops the clock. I thought for sure after the Ocho Cinco TD I was done but I gambled on Ginn since he's the only real WR Miami has. For once this season, it actually paid off.

SickBoy said:
Wasn't meant as a slight against you. Even when your line did get in on him, they seemed to have issues with tackling... he should've been stopped for losses on a couple of downs where he ended up gaining 5 or 7 instead... if that's been the case all year, I can see why you've struggled.

Ah, ok. Yea, my run D had a few bad games this season: this one, the Vikings game and the Pats game were all just BTK after BTK.

Mrbob

Lonestar said:
In my mind, Bob's a lower ranked seed than I am. I didn't beat him and have a better record for nothing!

Oh, fix the power ratings, COMMISH

Neglect my 5-1 finish!

Quit crying eeyore!

Win a division next year!

SickBoy

LiveWire said:
Is there anywhere that the game shows you your opponents remaining TOs?

You know, it might even be on the playcalling screen, but I've never been accustomed to seeing it. You can also see on the scoreboard if you're lucky...

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
You know, it might even be on the playcalling screen, but I've never been accustomed to seeing it. You can also see on the scoreboard if you're lucky...
Yeah, I hate that... It should be on top of the screen. It's not unfair because it's on the scoreboard anyway.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
Funny....he would have won yours. ;b

Not if he had to go through the entire NFC east like I did. ;)

And had to play me two times. Because we all know I would stomp him if I played him again! :D

SickBoy

BTW, can I get a ruling on Chris Henry?

I started him against Demon for the first time this year, and then after the fact I wondered if I was right to do so. (Potentially tainted win averted with defensive collapse!)

Anyhow, my thinking is this:

1) People are playing with IR players (I'm fine with that).
2) No one's playing with Michael Vick but he's a different situation.
3) Even if Henry's suspended, if we're playing a "sim league," that would dictate that I should have been without him only through Game 8, assuming he's going to be reinstated by the NFL (not a leap, now that he's been cleared to practice)

Fifty

He'll be back well before the playoffs in real life, and we also had people vote in favor of IR players being able to play in games. So yeah, there's nothing wrong with it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hey, I beat 3 playoff teams this year, you only beat 2!

NE: 1
Pit: 3
Cincy: 2
Denver: 2
Oakland: 2
Indy:1
G-Men: 4
SanFran: 4
Dallas: 2
Chick: 2
TB: 2
Seattle: 3

And you won your division on a divisional tie breaker :p

Mrbob

You have three because the seattle curse haunts me! :/

And it continued a downward spiral after! I must turn it around!

guys, before you play your playoff game, PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF A REFRESHER COURSE ON THE RULES! i don't want there to be any bellicheking "what? oh i misinterpreted the rule..." so if you need clarification on something please ask. i know everyone wants to win it all but please play by the rules, play sim ball, and may the best man win

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
Did I download a roster update last night when playing all those games with other teams? Raiders lost 4 weapons :|

EA has released a revised roster update #4 which originally came out on October 23rd, the details of which you can find here. It seems likely that the motivation to do so came from having a few players with the incorrect race, such as the newly added Koren Robinson. This gave them the opportunity to make a handful of other changes that occurred too late to get them in before, such as moving Ronnie Brown to the IR and replacing him with the recently signed Samkon Gado.

Rorschach

:"(

Also, they added a nike logo on the bottom of the screen. :lol Assholes.

[edit] You guys will be happy to know Sapp is one of the weapons lost in spite of the fact that he has been pretty good at maintaining pressure all season and they didn't even upgrade warren and kelly. >:|

[edit2] Ayo Jube: I'm available today. I'll either be on aim or live bioshockin'.

Live tag is on LD and aim is Hawakubo (don't ask ><).

[edit3] Nevermind, I guess it's not happening tonight. Let me know what day/time you can play.

AirBrian

Andokuky said:
Damn 12 wins I didn't even notice that myself.

That AGS clip is great. There's a show on the local sports radio station where the board op plays it any time the hosts piss him off, he lets it go for minutes sometimes it's great. Anyone else listen to the Ticket? The DFW one anyway, not one of the shitty clones. I hear it's the most popular sports station in the country.
<3 I love when they do that!

Also, anyone else feel like buying the Simpson's game?

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
<3 I love when they do that!

Also, anyone else feel like buying the Simpson's game?
I might, but 2 other games come out on the same day that interest me, so it might fall to the bargain bin.

Top Bottom