• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LJ11

Ramirez said:
You were running from the beatdown I was going to put on you, it's ok friend.

Anyone up for a game?

I can one run, I'll be on Live. Just shoot me a message if you're game.

Zep

Banned
Kneeling the ball

.....Clock running

Then I get a phone call from a grant officer asking me a shitload of questions...

Punts the ball to Reggie Bush

Gives up major yardage, starts cursing w/ phone on mute...

THen I get told that if I could catch a train out to _________ the following day, we'd be able to talk money.

Lose game...on the road for the past 2 weeks. Only access I had was my phone.

But yea, that was my bad...but it's something that needed to be done.

Ramirez

I swear the d-line play in this game is completely fucking broken. I just got sacked 8 times in a game, and most, if not all came off the initial 4 down lineman. I wasn't even out of the pocket, and it usually happened 1.5 seconds into the play. :lol Christ. I think we also had about 6 fumbles between us, with me fumbling the opening kickoff and twice on like the 10 yard line. I just know I'm going to have the same shit happen to me in my playoff game, broken disc inc.

LJ11

Ramirez said:
I swear the d-line play in this game is completely fucking broken. I just got sacked 8 times in a game, and most, if not all came off the initial 4 down lineman. I wasn't even out of the pocket, and it usually happened 1.5 seconds into the play. :lol Christ. I think we also had about 6 fumbles between us, with me fumbling the opening kickoff and twice on like the 10 yard line. I just know I'm going to have the same shit happen to me in my playoff game, broken disc inc.

I think that's the worst I've seen with regards to fumbles. Someone sent me a message during the opening kickoff, I opened it and never saw the fumble, but I heard the announcer. I said to myself, boy this isn't a good start. The patch will alleviate some of this shit, at least I hope it does.

My D-line was playing like the '85 Bears. I wasn't even doing anything special other than normal line crashes. I sent some blitzes but only a handful weren't zone.

Ramirez

I watched one of the cpu lineman swim by my center, then swimmed by the next guy, and right into my face on one play. :lol I'm ready to move on, I fucking love my Steelers, but game wise Ben can't throw worth a damn and the WRs get next to no seperation. The line is atrocious as well...but by the time I get to pick a team it will probably be a worse situation than my current offense. :lol

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I watched one of the cpu lineman swim by my center, then swimmed by the next guy, and right into my face on one play. :lol I'm ready to move on, I fucking love my Steelers, but game wise Ben can't throw worth a damn and the WRs get next to no seperation. The line is atrocious as well...but by the time I get to pick a team it will probably be a worse situation than my current offense. :lol
Take the Cards, Texans, or Raiders. You'll LOVE their olines. :]

PS: DM showed me the PS2 roster updates and they own the "next-gen" ones. FUCK YOU, EA! Next gen hates the Raiders confirmed.

LJ11

I have question. When I try to switch players, often times I find that the game doesn't switch to the closest defender, does anyone else have problems with this? For instance, someone may throw an out route and I have good position to knock down the ball with my LB, but when I try switching to him I find myself controlling a safety that's a bit further away from the ball. Anyone else have issues with this? Last gen it would always switch to the closest defender.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No, I get to play him. I'm the real winner of my game.

Oh shit, I play as the Seahawks...IT'S IN MAAAAAH VEINS

Since I accidently exited the game prior to getting individual stats in League Daddy, here is how the game went. Since I still have games to play I can't talk too much about my strategy, but I can talk about MrBob's!

Offensively, tt became clear very early on that Bob wanted to run early and often. He ran Benson in 3 or 4 wide formations, and he was pretty sucessful early on. After I started to stack the line, he started trying to integrate his passing game to poor results. He tried to hit Berrian deep on his first pass and I had the perfect zone called that had 3 guys in the area. Didn't pick it, but that play set the tone that the deep ball wasn't going to be the determing factor like in the regular season game he won. He conceded that hitting his duo of talented tight ends was going to be the primary way he was going to move the ball in the air...which is what I was hoping for!

Defensively, Bob took an interesting approach. He was committed to stopping my run at all cost. No matter what formation I threw at him he had his trio of steller linebackers in the game which stiffled my run game. After I realized that was the primary look he was going to throw at me I mentally said "touche", and I started to kick my passing game into high gear. I hit my guys on drags, slants, ins, outs, screens, motion routes, play action etc. in hopes he would start to respect my passing game. He never did, but despite several dropped passes from Barber and others I was able to put up 20 points on that overrated D Chicago has. If not for dropped passes that 20 could have easily been 31 as I had to settle for field goals.

Against that D I knew I couldn't go for the homeruns because they are too good, but I was able to dink and dunk him in variety of ways that resulted in a 2-1 ratio advantage for me in the time of posession battle.

All in all, a great warm up game for this next battle which is going to be GOTY!

Giants Vs Cowboys....Wellington vs Shawnwhann....Face vs Heel

Does it get any better than that?!? Should be epic!! :D

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Take the Cards, Texans, or Raiders. You'll LOVE their olines. :]

PS: DM showed me the PS2 roster updates and they own the "next-gen" ones. FUCK YOU, EA! Next gen hates the Raiders confirmed.

You act as if the Steelers have an awesome pass protection, I've got smoked all year for the most part, it's hard to get worse than 8 sacks, and I've had it happen to me multiple times. I can freakin' hold my FB and TE in to block, and will still get pressured immediately, it's ridiculous.

Andokuky

Banned
I think that applies to pretty much every team. The blocking sucks in this game. No matter which team you take you're going to have some bullshit games.

Big Zep said:
Kneeling the ball

.....Clock running

Then I get a phone call from a grant officer asking me a shitload of questions...

Punts the ball to Reggie Bush

Gives up major yardage, starts cursing w/ phone on mute...

THen I get told that if I could catch a train out to _________ the following day, we'd be able to talk money.

Lose game...on the road for the past 2 weeks. Only access I had was my phone.

But yea, that was my bad...but it's something that needed to be done.

:lol :lol :lol

Good luck with your job opportunities.....and I'll keep checking my mail....

SickBoy

Fifty said:
Excellent stuff. If Sickboy can play tonight then the next round could unlock tomorrow.

I can play tonight, so it comes down to whether my schedule works for Luke. Should be back around 1 local time (midnight PT). I should know in the next half-hour if the world here is going to fall apart and cause me to be any later, but mid-week usually isn't too much of a problem. I will post, though, if I'm going to be later than that.

(Luke, post if you're able to play tonight)

SickBoy

Well, I'm back and ready to play. I'm going to fire up the Xbox, probably easiest if you add me. Tag is FisheyeLens. I'll probably be playing something Live Arcadey just in case you're not around or you don't see this right away.

LukeSmith

SickBoy said:
Well, I'm back and ready to play. I'm going to fire up the Xbox, probably easiest if you add me. Tag is FisheyeLens. I'll probably be playing something Live Arcadey just in case you're not around or you don't see this right away.

Signing on, Flist full, will send a game invite!

SickBoy

GG Luke...

I was really surprised you more or less abandoned the run, and the short passing game. I also almost forgot how to play offense after you seemed to have the ball for pretty much the entire third quarter...

That clipping call was awful . . . er, I mean, showed a tremendous lack of discipline by your return team. Picture this: punt block formation, yet someone manages to get into a blocking situation and clip someone. Clearly my woeful coverage helped the Colts get into position.

LukeSmith

SickBoy said:
GG Luke...

I was really surprised you more or less abandoned the run, and the short passing game. I also almost forgot how to play offense after you seemed to have the ball for pretty much the entire third quarter...

That clipping call was awful . . . er, I mean, showed a tremendous lack of discipline by your return team. Picture this: punt block formation, yet someone manages to get into a blocking situation and clip someone. Clearly my woeful coverage helped the Colts get into position.

The clipping call was ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

Btw, is your punter awful or do you pooch kick intentionally so the coverage and ball arrive at the same time and returners don't have time to fair catch?

SickBoy

LukeSmith said:
The clipping call was ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

Btw, is your punter awful or do you pooch kick intentionally so the coverage and ball arrive at the same time and returners don't have time to fair catch?

I pooch kick because otherwise I give up huge returns, and I can't angle the ball worth a damn. My punt (and kickoff) coverage against Livewire/Demon is what lost me the game -- see my one punt for 12 yards net -- so I thought I'd try a different approach.

LukeSmith

SickBoy said:
I pooch kick because otherwise I give up huge returns, and I can't angle the ball worth a damn. My punt (and kickoff) coverage against Livewire/Demon is what lost me the game -- see my one punt for 12 yards net -- so I thought I'd try a different approach.

It sucks not being able to call fair catch, I'm going to start trying it tho! Season 2 BELIEVE

SickBoy

I thought you actually managed to fair catch most of them? (It definitely wasn't my intent to line up your guys, though... I would have preferred bouncing them, honestly)

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I have question. When I try to switch players, often times I find that the game doesn't switch to the closest defender, does anyone else have problems with this? For instance, someone may throw an out route and I have good position to knock down the ball with my LB, but when I try switching to him I find myself controlling a safety that's a bit further away from the ball. Anyone else have issues with this? Last gen it would always switch to the closest defender.
Yes, I absolutely hate it...it will usually switch me to my safety which I will then completely get out of position making it easier for a big run after the catch. I just don't try that much anymore....too risky.

Ramirez said:
You act as if the Steelers have an awesome pass protection
No I don't. Just sayin' if you win, you'll have one of those horrible teams to work with :\

Oh crap...you're playing me. T_T

Andokuky

Banned
Yea that sounds kid of weird to me. If someone is punting in a way that doesn't allow me time to call fair catch that sounds kind of sketchy. But I haven't seen it so idk. I'm sure if you just start the play in control of the punt returner you could probably call the fair catch in time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawnwhann said:
Giants Vs Cowboys....Wellington vs Shawnwhann....Face vs Heel

Does it get any better than that?!? Should be epic!! :D

Why do we even have to play? FMT just grant him the win. It was a nice season fellas, hope whoever gets the Giants next year enjoys using them.

This will be the third time we play this year, and I've been thoroughly outplayed each time. In the first game, my offensive production was pitiful and I was lucky that EA hadn't performed it's roster downgrades on the Giants D yet. Our second game was even worse, I didn't get as lucky as I did the first time around and you ran up and down the field at will. 38 points and no DTDs says it all.

This time you warm up against a tough Bears D and I've been on the beach drinking bloody mary's during the bye week, just like our last game. My two goals for this game are simple: Keep Shawn under 63 points, score a field goal so I don't get shut out.

I think the only reason I even made it this far is that the Giants, though they have a low rating overall, are pretty much a power team in this game. I expect to go 1-15 next year with my one win coming against Livewire for revenge. I just can't keep up with the Shawns, FMTs, and DMs of our league. Thanks for playing with me guys!

bluemax

Banned
LJ11 said:

All the time, it drives me nuts.

Wellington said:
Why do we even have to play? FMT just grant him the win. It was a nice season fellas, hope whoever gets the Giants next year enjoys using them.

This will be the third time we play this year, and I've been thoroughly outplayed each time. In the first game, my offensive production was pitiful and I was lucky that EA hadn't performed it's roster downgrades on the Giants D yet. Our second game was even worse, I didn't get as lucky as I did the first time around and you ran up and down the field at will. 38 points and no DTDs says it all.

This time you warm up against a tough Bears D and I've been on the beach drinking bloody mary's during the bye week, just like our last game. My two goals for this game are simple: Keep Shawn under 63 points, score a field goal so I don't get shut out.

I think the only reason I even made it this far is that the Giants, though they have a low rating overall, are pretty much a power team in this game. I expect to go 1-15 next year with my one win coming against Livewire for revenge. I just can't keep up with the Shawns, FMTs, and DMs of our league. Thanks for playing with me guys!

If I were in your shoes I would be a little WTF about the situation too. Considering you are the top seed on our side of the league, playing a 12-4 team that has won 12 out of the last 13 games seems a bit backwards.

I look forward to our next game very much. You kicked my ass pretty soundly in the first game, and I returned the favor for the second game. This rubber match should a true test of skills and wills. I know what you're going to do, you know what I'm going to do... so this game should leave no doubt.

I know you like to lower expectations and "surprise" everyone with your success, but between now and Saturday I'm going to make preparations to ensure you get my A game. I expect you'll bring your A game too, so it's anyone's guess who will come out on top. It'll be great fun, and I think we should schedule a time so others here can watch the action from Xbox.com

The rest of the playoffs are great too. On the AFC side, both the 5th and 6th seeds upset the 3th and 4th seeds. I imagined that the AFC side will come down to Ramirez and Ando, but it's upset city over there. That FMT vs DM matchup is always a great game. If I had to pick a winner, I'd say DM's typical stiffling defense edges out the win. For the rest of the playoff teams, post a general time you'll play so we can all follow the action!

SickBoy

Ando, I'm available on Saturday in the late morning/early afternoon. I'm probably home a little earlier tonight (like 12:30MT hopefully), and I'm also available in the afternoon tomorrow (probably up until 4 p.m. MT). Let me know what works for you.

Andokuky said:
Yea that sounds kid of weird to me. If someone is punting in a way that doesn't allow me time to call fair catch that sounds kind of sketchy. But I haven't seen it so idk. I'm sure if you just start the play in control of the punt returner you could probably call the fair catch in time.

Definitely if that's the end result it's not what I was going for... it didn't cause any real problems in our game, but I'm just looking for a way to limit big returns (punt coverage -- another point in my list of ways Madden is broken). I was actually trying to line-drive the kicks on an angle, but most of the time they wound up just going straight.

Andokuky

Banned
Well I'm almost always available in the afternoons except on Friday. I would just be too tired trying to stay up until 2:30am here. I got a pee wee football game to coach on Saturday at noon CST then I work until late Saturday night. I'm free now if you want to beat me or maybe sometime tomorrow night. Not sure how late though. I'm also free Sunday later in the evening, like during SNF.

Andokuky

Banned
Actually are you in MDT or MST? 1:30 probably wouldn't be too bad.

Madden prompted me to update when I started it. Anyone know what was in the update?

Slo

Andokuky said:
Actually are you in MDT or MST? 1:30 probably wouldn't be too bad.

Madden prompted me to update when I started it. Anyone know what was in the update?

40 foot Taylor-bot.

SickBoy

If you want to play now, I probably can.

Otherwise, times I posted are up for grabs -- whatever's best for you. I'm MDT, I think. (it's just after noon right now, whatever the hell that means)

EDIT: And what's the deal with people with 14-2 records talking about how they're going to lose? (that applies to 13-3, too, Wellie)

Andokuky

Banned
Yea I can play now. I'm going to play on one of my brothers GT's because mine ran out and I haven't went and picked up another card yet. His GT is MachoRawDog

SickBoy

Bueller? I start work early today, and I had hoped to get a few things done before I went in.... still happy to play, but if it's not in the next 5 or 10, I'm going to pack it up... can't hang around just waiting.

Top Bottom