• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
logo

Fifty

2nd quarter: Raiders - 14, Pats - 0

Somewhere, Livewire is smiling

edit: 17-0

You sure you don't want to stick with your Redskins?

Fifty

24-0 Raiders in the second quarter. I think I just heard cars being flipped in Oakland.

31-0! What the hell is happening?! This is karma for the Pats running up the score in real life. I'll say it now. The Colts curse has been passed on to the Pats!

daw840

Fifty said:
24-0 Raiders in the second quarter. I think I just heard cars being flipped in Oakland.

31-0! What the hell is happening?! This is karma for the Pats running up the score in real life. I'll say it now. The Colts curse has been passed on to the Pats!

Fuck it man. if he can score that many points with a shitty team like the Raiders against the best team in Madden, he fucking should.:lol :lol :lol

Fifty

No, of course he should, especially in a playoff game..I'm just saying that the virtual Pats getting blown out in a huge game is karma for their life counterparts embarrassing teams.

It's 37-0 now.

Jube3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang... wasn't ayo 6-0 at one time? finished 2-9 down the stretch. ouch!

Yea lost alot of close games. 4 games in a row by field goal and one by 1 point :(

It was a clean game, he didnt run up the score. He capitalized on 2 fumbles and a pick in the second. He was 5-5 from redzone. The box score was 7-24-3-3 so he didnt run it up me and my team just played really poorly

Rorschach

GG Jube.

I did not run up the score. Brady just happened to give me a gift as the clock was winding down for the half. In fact, I ran it most of the second half and took a lot of time with those long ass drives which would end in 2 FGs... Final clock ratio was like 2:1

LJ11

Rors was playing possum, bububu the Pats are going to destroy me.

Edit: Rors is employing a Wellian strategy. Talk your game down and then spring the trap.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
So does that mean I play Rors, or is it possible I would have to play Sick if he beat Luke?
If Sickboy wins, I lose to you. If Luke wins, I lose to Ando.

LJ11 said:
Rors was playing possum, bububu the Pats are going to destroy me.
They are! They still might. I never count that team out.

Mrbob

Fifty said:
It's been 24 hours! Luke and Sickboy will play soon enough, and Shawn posted his schedule on the last page...plus once Lonestar stops dodging DM I'm sure they'll be able to play easily enough.

I talked to him on aim we are playing thurs dad 2.0.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
Well, you beat me the only time we've ever played, soooooo yea.
You quoted before my stealth edit. If Luke wins, he plays you and if sick wins I play you.

And that was the old, winning Rorschach. This is the new win one/lose one Rorschach.

Mrbob said:
I talked to him on aim we are playing thurs dad 2.0.
I think what he was trying to say with that post is that all the games are either being played, scheduled to play, or soon to be scheduled. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
You quoted before my stealth edit. If Luke wins, he plays you and if sick wins I play you.

And that was the old, winning Rorschach. This is the new win one/lose one Rorschach.

I think what he was trying to say with that post is that all the games are either being played, scheduled to play, or soon to be scheduled. :p
Hey douchebag. Around my way we break thumbs when people steal shit.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Hey douchebag. Around my way we break thumbs when people steal shit.
Hey! Dude that dominated his way to a bye in the post season vs a guy who barely made it on a fluke. Please don't dominate my thumbs. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I call shenanigans. DM using some kind of punt trick that fucks up my punt returner! The Y Button still doesn't work!

Oh well, GG for real DM, sorry I gave you the win with my blunders.

So with the first pick I assume livewire takes the pats. Maybe we can get some of the draft going? Then it would be truelize i believe.

DMczaf

Lonestar said:
I call shenanigans. DM using some kind of punt trick that fucks up my punt returner! The Y Button still doesn't work!

Oh well, GG for real DM, sorry I gave you the win with my blunders.

I was wondering why the hell you werent fair catching. I've never had the Y button not work to call a fair catch though, but if it did happen to me I would be upset!

I was down to Ken Darby at RB after all my RBs went out. Just like the real Bucs!

Lonestar

So that's why I call real shenanigans. For real. No, seriously, I should call the police.

In fact, this isn't the 2nd time it's happened to me, it happened awhile back, it's somewhere in this topic.

Mrbob

I knew it!

mrbob2k1 (9:45:41 PM): wtf
mrbob2k1 (9:45:48 PM): you scored 23 points?
mrbob2k1 (9:46:01 PM): must have been off of turnovers
dmczafx23 (9:45:41 PM): lol
dmczafx23 (9:45:42 PM): yup
dmczafx23 (9:45:46 PM): 2 TDs on turnovers
mrbob2k1 (9:46:22 PM): ...

DM, living off the Bucs overrated defense!

Lonestar

Really, he didn't do ANYTHING. Except somehow run around defense with Ken Darby on the last drive. 17 yards of passing. It wasn't even DM. IT WAS FUCKING EA AGAIN!

Lonestar

But hey, at least I moved the ball on you. Better than last time.

Course, I had to use every tactic to use I could come up with, you got help from Uncle Madden :D

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
I was wondering why the hell you werent fair catching. I've never had the Y button not work to call a fair catch though, but if it did happen to me I would be upset!

I was down to Ken Darby at RB after all my RBs went out. Just like the real Bucs!
I've had it happen before. Sometimes it even does a completely different animation. It's almost always guaranteed to be a fumble, too.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
LukeSmith said:
Vumpler was the emperor and professor of Dairy
:lol That's money, I laughed. Anyway hows the playoffs going? I just saw there was a new thread up for a new season and figured this season was over but no ones gloating of a championship yet so it must still be going.

Just for Luke:
There's this new gaming store here just outside of St. Louis that holds madden tourneys every friday now for $7 to enter and winner gets 80%... I figured this had to be illegal but I checked it out last friday anyway (its in one of the largest malls in St. Louis too? *shrugs*. I hadn't played since I played you Lukeybear but I won the small tourney. Only 20 people there but it still lasted to midnight. I had the guy I beat in the final game say that I was the most sim player he had ever been beaten by. So eat that Lewwwks! I say it all comes from my FMT taught sim style roots for keeping me in check when people had complaints! :D

Btw can someone list a playoff rundown or something? I am legitimately interested in how the end of the regular season went etc and who made the playoffs.

Andokuky

Banned
Broncos, Steelers, Colts, Pats, Bengals and Raiders in AFC. Myself and Ramirez with bye weeks. Raiders blew out Pats, Colts vs Bengals not played yet.

In NFC, New York and San Fran gets byes while Tampa Bay hosted Seattle and Chicago hosts Dallas. Tampa beat Seattle, other game not played.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i see what i have to do now, dm

You knew this was going to happen. We are GAF's Lakers and Celtics.

Yankees and Red Sox

Patriots and Colts

Niners and Cowboys

Bulls and Jazz

JGar and Alexis

SickBoy

Luke, did you want to play our game tonight? I hate to risk jinxing it, but it looks like I shouldn't have much trouble getting home on the hour...

SickBoy

So how's lukesmithexposed.com coming along, anyhow?

BTW, if Luke should be around, or wake up after hearing Fifty on his roof, I'll be sort of "around" for the next little while as I catch up on a show or two on my PVR... so if there are any posts in this thread, I should see them.

LukeSmith

SickBoy said:
So how's lukesmithexposed.com coming along, anyhow?

BTW, if Luke should be around, or wake up after hearing Fifty on his roof, I'll be sort of "around" for the next little while as I catch up on a show or two on my PVR... so if there are any posts in this thread, I should see them.

Was sick last night, slept early. Lemme know how your evening tonight looks.

MrBob is taking a vacation to Amsterdam to rediscover his sense of self for a week. We'll get our game in a week from tomorrow. If I were commish, I'd just have MrBob forfeit and have me move to the next round...Not my call though obviously....

Smoke on bro!

EDIT- Seriously folks does that look remotely true?!? :lol

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
MrBob is taking a vacation to Amsterdam to rediscover his sense of self for a week. We'll get our game in a week from tomorrow. If I were commish, I'd just have MrBob forfeit and have me move to the next round...Not my call though obviously....

Smoke on bro!
...wtf?

Oh well, doesn't affect the awesome AFC! We're awesome!

LukeSmith

Shawnwhann said:

Smoke on bro!

EDIT- Seriously folks does that look remotely true?!? :lol

It truly smells like fear!

Zep

Banned
Yea sorry for going missing...On top of losing that game to Mmmalllayyy I was off to North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida for meetings with some people. Sorry for no updates but you have no clue how busy I was. Everyone has to make a power move and I made mine!

And finding a baby tiger is hard as shit!

Top Bottom