• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

Besides money is there any benefit to not just starting the hideout mission when I've hit the money limit and can talk to the contact again?

I've been exhausting everything up until now but I want to know so I can progress quicker.

Rellik

Besides money is there any benefit to not just starting the hideout mission when I've hit the money limit and can talk to the contact again?

I've been exhausting everything up until now but I want to know so I can progress quicker.

Not really. Just go ahead and start it.

Adnor

Banned
That is nothing. Calling the chick to come get your money has resulted in absolutely crazy shit like flipping cars and getting here Austin Powers stuck between the door of a bar and a car that randomly stopped. She backed up and moved forward for like 20 minutes killing tons of people lol

She has money, man, she can do whatever the hell she wants to.

AudioEppa

For anybody who has completed the game can you tell me how many missions there is? I finished all the current missions / side missions for the Haitian girl and I'm working on the Irish guy right now and haven't started Vito yet. Trying to beat it by tomorrow before 9pm, got it from Redbox. Thanks in advance.

TheKeyPit

Banned
What is wrong with recording clips on Xbox? No sound during cutscenes, no radio sound while driving. What is this? This isn't funny.

m3laughshqvste.gif

Does who you assign the districts to once you complete it effect the ending? And I'd so what is the best way to assign them to get the best ending. I except spoilers in any response so that's fine. I just don't have the time to play through the entire fame a second time lol

R1CHO

Maybe I am being too quick to judge, but I can't help but feeling sad and disappointed with this game.

First alert was after the pretty good prologue, Lincoln decides to get out of character, to become the capo of the whole town... Yeah, the guy that was going to leave town to get a proper job and start fresh, the killing machine from Nam, decides that instead of a fast and violent revenge, he needs to climb through the ranks zone by zone.

And now after a bunch of hours repeating the same basic structure, I am convince that that is the whole game.

The progression is just repetitive, basic and mechanic, so much that this seems more like Assassins Creed: New Orleans that Mafia 3.

Go here talk with this guy, you have to kill two dudes to get to a third, and for that you have to do basic mini missions until you fill up a progress bar. By the way, check the stuff we have thrown around because this is a colectathon now.

Yes, the driving and shooting is pretty good, but after a million games on the genre I need a bit more, and from a sequel of Mafia I expect... well, a bit of soul.

Moozo

Is there any reason you would kill a boss instead of recruiting them? Is it just because it's supposed to be easier?

So I was gonna play after the Colts game but I've decided to pass. I'm gonna burn myself out hard on this game. So I'm gonna reserve this game for my weekend gaming sessions. I feel like the repetitive nature and running around collecting fuses will drive me mad haha.

Love the soundtrack though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Tried removing that SweetFX? If it's causing conflict then crashes really aren't on the game when 3rd party software is bringing it down.
Removed it now

Is there any point to doing remaining objectives if the money is down to $0?

Tovarisc

Is there any reason you would kill a boss instead of recruiting them? Is it just because it's supposed to be easier?

Two different achievements, two playthroughs.

Is there any point to doing remaining objectives if the money is down to $0?

Depends on what objectives are left. Killing enforcers make racket boss encounters easier, stealing money made from selling bodypillows gives you extra dough with low effort etc.

Jocund

I've had a good run of luck(?) with the lighting as of late. Sunrises can look a little weird, but day and nightimes actually look pretty good. Still needs to be patched, though.

vypek

Then your rackets are at maximum income and you need more rackets.

Good to know. Been wondering about this. Guess I'll have to focus on other stuff for now.

So if I want to recruit an underboss, I just need to make sure the area where his mission is has been wiretapped before I get him, right?

rdytoroll

I just wish there was fast travel. Driving is great, but sometimes I just don't want to drive across the map and back again. There should at least be an option to fast travel to get your kickback

dealer-

Good to know. Been wondering about this. Guess I'll have to focus on other stuff for now.

So if I want to recruit an underboss, I just need to make sure the area where his mission is has been wiretapped before I get him, right?

Yes, I didn't realise and went ahead killing every one. Circuit boxes are a pain in the arse anyway lol.

What's the consensus on the game? Any major technical problems on PS4?

Just had three crashes in an hour on PS4. Jinxed myself earlier when I said I hadn't had any.

How do you assign a district to Vito or anyone? There's a side mission and that's one of the objective and I swear this is the first i've heard this. Guess I wasn't paying attention but yeah, how do you do it?

Tovarisc

Yep. When you have wiretapped section of district where he is making last stand then you can recruit him. That doesn't really make sense and is there to force player do some collecting if player wants to minmax income.

I just wish there was fast travel. Driving is great, but sometimes I just don't want to drive across the map and back again. There should at least be an option to fast travel to get your kickback

Just call that cashier woman to collect dough off of you and she collects kickbacks automatically. Could be you need increase Vito's income before that perk kicks in.

How do you assign a district to Vito or anyone? There's a side mission and that's one of the objective and I swear this is the first i've heard this. Guess I wasn't paying attention but yeah, how do you do it?

Take down hostile rackets and then take down district boss. After this has been done game makes you to choose to which own underboss you want give district and its rackets.

rdytoroll

Just call that cashier woman to collect dough off of you and she collects kickbacks automatically. Could be you need increase Vito's income before that perk kicks in.

There's a perk that essentially does this

That's pretty good, perk should have been enabled from the start, but oh well. Vito it is then for the next district

I enjoyed the three different endings. The game did kind of repetitive at the end. It was an enjoyable game.

How long did it take you? I'm 15 hours in and just had the first meeting with everyone

vypek

Yes, I didn't realise and went ahead killing every one. Circuit boxes are a pain in the arse anyway lol.

Yep. When you have wiretapped section of district where he is making last stand then you can recruit him. That doesn't really make sense and is there to force player do some collecting if player wants to minmax income.

Thanks. II have no desire to wiretap every single box.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Two different achievements, two playthroughs.

Depends on what objectives are left. Killing enforcers make racket boss encounters easier, stealing money made from selling bodypillows gives you extra dough with low effort etc.

So enforcers is kinda worth it for ease, although the game is easy enough and the others for money?

I'm swimming in cash atm so not too fussed about that

Tainted

Played around 15hrs now doing a mix of open world stuff, side missions and story. I'm starting to see what people are talking about now re the repetitiveness. It seems like the story missions all amount to go here and confront/kill this guy, now go here and do the same rinse repeat until the boss comes out of hiding, confront him and then assign the racket.

I hate to say it but in some way, it feels like this game needs more more scripted sequences and a little more linearity a la Mafia II. I also think the lack of a 'buddy' liek Joe who rides around with you alot and chats is sorely missing.

Maybe the mission structure changes further in (I haven't got to the point of having to choose between the 3 when assigning districts yet)...but so far it is feeling a bit grindy.

ekim

Just started the game on Xbox One and the open world is really not beautiful sadly but the cutscenes, story and German dub so far are top notch. The draw distance is a joke, even the street paintings are popping in.

Top Bottom