• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

cabot

Let's ignore that I am mad as fuck about yet another unforced roleclaim. Whatever suits your argument best.

Doing this outside of D1 would be a one way ticket to death. It would be stupid to do it either later or under suspicion. I did it when there was mild suspicion and I conceivably saw myself as a cop target.

If you can't see the reasoning behind this then you're either red in the face with unrelenting rage or you're drunk

Ourobolus

Banned
Current votes:

Code:
Player		Vote
cabbeh	
TheGoddamn	
roytheone	Karkador
Darryl		LaunchpadMcQ
Sorian		Karkador
batsnacks	Karkador
Fireblend	
Karkador	
Burbeting	
SalvaPot	cabbeh
Ourobolus	batsnacks
LaunchpadMcQ	cabbeh
Lone_Prodigy	
Blargonaut	SalvaPot
RetroMG		batsnacks

SalvaPot

Following too closely behind, usually when driving an automobile. I assume he means because you copied his vote so soon after he made it.

Oh I see. I didn´t see his vote before posting mine, I took some time writing my reasoning for voting cobbeh.

Also I don´t pay attention to Blargs votes, he usually goes for weird votes to get a reaction out of people, so I just let him be.

cabot

Oh I see. I didn´t see his vote before posting mine, I took some time writing my reasoning for voting cobbeh.

Also I don´t pay attention to Blargs votes, he usually goes for weird votes to get a reaction out of people, so I just let him be.

O

That cobbeh sure is a cretin, I fucking hate that guy.

Karkador

Banned
Man, I feel like you guys really aren't feeling my push for togetherness.

Oh man, you're something.

You want me dead? vote me yourselves. The dead don't get to enjoy the honour they receive.

Voting for yourself, considering what you just dropped on us, is a move of good faith. It seems reasonable to let you go, if your role is pretty much negative utility, and it gives Town way more information than if they lynch me.

Doing this outside of D1 would be a one way ticket to death. It would be stupid to do it either later or under suspicion. I did it when there was mild suspicion and I conceivably saw myself as a cop target.

If you can't see the reasoning behind this then you're either red in the face with unrelenting rage or you're drunk

Uh-huh.

Nobody knows if you're telling the truth and nobody will know until you're dead, because you come up as NFA and that could mean a thousand different things.

I may move my vote to Kark if it's looking like a tie, but you're on my to-do list.

You gonna eat that?

cabot

Man, I feel like you guys really aren't feeling my push for togetherness.

Voting for yourself, considering what you just dropped on us, is a move of good faith. It seems reasonable to let you go, if your role is pretty much negative utility, and it gives Town way more information than if they lynch me.

Would you like me to bend over while I do it, stick a knife up my jaxxy?

How about with a ball in my mouth?

No, I don't think I'm completely worthless. My good faith move was protecting a potential dangerous cop reveal.

SalvaPot

O

That cobbeh sure is a cretin, I fucking hate that guy.

No, I think what you did was the right thing, I hate when I have to play the miller, but I find that the best way to play is to just play like a normal townie and weather the storm, you have to take in mind that claiming miller is one of the favorite claims of the scum player, because if a Investigator gets out of his to investigate you and puts at risk his identity to reveal that info, then the miller just put town at a disadvantage, even if it wasn´t on purpose.

So it really is for the best to get rid of millers early on.

cabot

Uh-huh.

Nobody knows if you're telling the truth and nobody will know until you're dead, because you come up as NFA and that could mean a thousand different things.

I may move my vote to Kark if it's looking like a tie, but you're on my to-do list.

Is it just the act of early role claiming?

I honestly don't see how this claim would lead to anything but certain death if I revealed after D1. It would appear scummy as all sin. It now appears mildly scummy, but at least can be believed.

Lynch me all you want, you should understand why I did this though. It wasn't just to make you angry

Sorian

Banned
Uh-huh.

Would you like me to bend over while I do it, stick a knife up my jaxxy?

How about with a ball in my mouth?

No, I don't think I'm completely worthless. My good faith move was protecting a potential dangerous cop reveal.

cabbeh is on launch's to-do list and cabbeh seems to be into the kinky stuff.

*sits back and watches*

Is it just the act of early role claiming?

I honestly don't see how this claim would lead to anything but certain death if I revealed after D1. It would appear scummy as all sin. It now appears mildly scummy, but at least can be believed.

Lynch me all you want, you should understand why I did this though. It wasn't just to make you angry

Your entire role exists to cause confusion and discord in the first place. Pile on you might be lying, and lynching you is the only sane thing to do.

Take into consideration how maddening role claims are, you have where I'm at with you.

cabot

Your entire role exists to cause confusion and discord in the first place. Pile on you might be lying, and lynching you is the only sane thing to do.

Take into consideration how maddening role claims are, you have where I'm at with you.

Unfortunately free choice wasn;t an option, so I listened to the dulcet tones of CzarTim as he caressed my body whispering sweet nothings like 'you're going to be okay' and 'they'll believe you' in my ear when I was weeping after reading the PM.

Unfortunately free choice wasn;t an option, so I listened to the dulcet tones of CzarTim as he caressed my body whispering sweet nothings like 'you're going to be okay' and 'they'll believe you' in my ear when I was weeping after reading the PM.

Such a bogus role too. So anti-town.

Nice job Tim.

cabot

He thinks that the cop would role claim instantly right when he finds a NFA player. As I've been saying, that would be a damn irresponsible cop.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

We've seen lots of irresponsible behaviours in these games. I think it's fair to let me have that considering we killed our doctor in N1 in Archer and to say he put up any sort of a fight would be a gross insult to the two glaswegians knifing each other outside my window.

SalvaPot

Would you mind telling me why? I actually find it interesting that someone else was picking up on this.

For starters, he is far more reserved than usual. His crypticness is usually done for the benefit of town and the confusion of mafia, so his clues have always been far more descriptive and convoluted so "the right people" get the message.

He is also a very aggressive player, getting in everyones faces and to make them slip.

His play so far has been... dull. His pill routine is way too obvious, is a 50/50, true or lies. Is not blarg enough.

He is reserved, far more reserved than usual. I feel he is scared of making a mistake, because he has something to hide.

Of course, with blarg is reaaaally hard to tell, he is, by definition, "Random", is his signature playstyle and is why games with him are entertaining.

But all this tell me there is a high chance he might be scum.

For starters, he is far more reserved than usual. His crypticness is usually done for the benefit of town and the confusion of mafia, so his clues have always been far more descriptive and convoluted so "the right people" get the message.

He is also a very aggressive player, getting in everyones faces and to make them slip.

His play so far has been... dull. His pill routine is way too obvious, is a 50/50, true or lies. Is not blarg enough.

He is reserved, far more reserved than usual. I feel he is scared of making a mistake, because he has something to hide.

Of course, with blarg is reaaaally hard to tell, he is, by definition, "Random", is his signature playstyle and is why games with him are entertaining.

But all this tell me there is a high chance he might be scum.

I buy it, but I don't buy it as much as I buy into a cabbeh or Kark lynch today.

cabot

I said who I'd lynch, it's like you've got me on ignore (might have been the kink post)

Kinky Kark is a no go.

I'm beginning to think you all should lynch me because my impressions of the reactions makes me think it'll be a CzarTim Dangonaids scenario.

I still won't do it myself, though.

cabot

With that at least you can know I was telling the truth and re-read the various reactions after the information is out.

Sorian

Banned
With that at least you can know I was telling the truth and re-read the various reactions after the information is out.

This is very compelling actually. I'm sorry man, it probably is for the best to remove you if you are a town-aligned player meant to cause confusion to town. Know that you still win when we kick this NFA scum out of line.

VOTE: cabbeh

cabot

If you all bum rush to get me, I'd like to say give bat a little more time.

I think he's town. Or at least able to help with some info.

Sorian

Banned

Read it however you want to Launch. It doesn't matter, I'd rather just know now if he is lying or not. It's a better set of scenarios than killing Kark today. With Kark, we might be killing a vocal townie with no powers. With cabbeh, the worst case scenario is he was telling the truth but it at least removes the shadow of doubt that we'd have the rest of the game.

Sorian

Banned
If you all bum rush to get me, I'd like to say give bat a little more time.

I think he's town. Or at least able to help with some info.

Don't bum rush the vote for cabbeh, we have time to talk.

Sorian, you're ok with Kark or cabbeh yes?

Either is fine, as are you and batsnacks at the moment to me but as I posted shortly before this one, cabbeh is probably best from a purely information-to-damage control ratio.

Uhh...ok, I'll bite. Why do you think he is town?

I second this question.

Read it however you want to Launch. It doesn't matter, I'd rather just know now if he is lying or not. It's a better set of scenarios than killing Kark today. With Kark, we might be killing a vocal townie with no powers. With cabbeh, the worst case scenario is he was telling the truth but it at least removes the shadow of doubt that we'd have the rest of the game.

Wasn't where I was going. I was going to say if it comes down to it, let's not split the vote. Bank on whoever has the most votes of the two.

cabot

His reaction was what I was expecting.

Sure his over eagerness was worrying, but I'd put Kark's gambit-but-then-do-anything-to-kill-me and Launch's bizarre logic ignoring rage above him. He thought a bit more rationally about it. I mean he's at least got Day 2 if I go (and I doubt Mafia will target such a suspicious lad) so I mean just measure him then.

Sorian

Banned
Wasn't where I was going. I was going to say if it comes down to it, let's not split the vote. Bank on whoever has the most votes of the two.

Of course, I don't want to make Kark's dream of a tie by no lynch a reality. I don't think he would mind killing the miller day 1 though if he is really town so I wouldn't worry about him trying to sneak a tie at the last moments.

Sure his over eagerness was worrying, but I'd put Kark's gambit-but-then-do-anything-to-kill-me and Launch's bizarre logic ignoring rage above him. He thought a bit more rationally about it. I mean he's at least got Day 2 if I go (and I doubt Mafia will target such a suspicious lad) so I mean just measure him then.

Your logic here doesn't excuse batsnacks much but it was something I noticed already about Launch that I didn't like.

Of course, I don't want to make Kark's dream of a tie by no lynch a reality. I don't think he would mind killing the miller day 1 though if he is really town so I wouldn't worry about him trying to sneak a tie at the last moments.

Your logic here doesn't excuse batsnacks much but it was something I noticed already about Launch that I didn't like.

Excuse me? I've justified everything I've said. I'm not even really angry, but I absolutely don't condone unforced roleclaims.

You guys need to check your reads.

cabot

Well a hunch is a hunch. You do what you want with it.

Top Bottom