• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
If cabbeh doesn't vote for himself, I'm probably dead

You really think there is a hunter type role? I mean, if there is, whatever, you seem convinced he will target you and I'm fine with that.

Excuse me? I've justified everything I've said. I'm not even really angry, but I absolutely don't condone unforced roleclaims.

You guys need to check your reads.

The only way to play miller is to role claim on day 1. He should have done it in his first post in all honesty. I always urge not to role claim because I wasn't sure how often GAF played with millers.

Burbeting

Banned
Yo something must have happened since there is now +10 more pages than the last time I checked this thread. Okay, reading everything through now.

cabot

You really think there is a hunter type role? I mean, if there is, whatever, you seem convinced he will target you and I'm fine with that.

The only way to play miller is to role claim on day 1. He should have done it in his first post in all honesty. I always urge not to role claim because I wasn't sure how often GAF played with millers.

Fun fact: The GAF attitude to first day role claims was the reason I held off an instant role claim.

You live and learn.

Karkador

Banned
I don't think he is a hunter though. Claiming miller doesn't make sense for a hunter.

Claiming a PR at this point doesn't make sense, either, but here we are.

The Miller claim doesn't make sense to not claim right off the bat, IMO.

However, consider how he's avoiding voting for someone (the Hunter power is typically that you kill whoever you voted for). Consider these allusions to "CzarTim reactions" (who was voted out, and then killed someone with his power).

He's going to vote for someone, probably me, because of the frustration that people wont come to the consensus to vote me out. Two town players will be lost in one day. It's going to be really stupid.

batsnacks

Wow I think the uncced miller is about to get lynched d1; some of the people voting him claim to believe his claim too. This town just got a lot scarier.

Sorian

Banned
Claiming a PR at this point doesn't make sense, either, but here we are.

The Miller claim doesn't make sense to not claim right off the bat, IMO.

However, consider how he's avoiding voting for someone (the Hunter power is typically that you kill whoever you voted for). Consider these allusions to "CzarTim reactions" (who was voted out, and then killed someone with his power).

He's going to vote for someone, probably me, because of the frustration that people wont come to the consensus to vote me out. Two town players will be lost in one day. It's going to be really stupid.

Don't flatter yourself, you were already on the road out before he even said anything. If, IF, he is a hunter, he's not gunning for you.

Sorian

Banned
Who do you figure, then?

I have no idea, it could all just be based on a hunch by cabbeh and I don't really know if he has any curveball hunches. I still don't think he is a hunter though. Sure, it's kind of like despair Tim's powers but you wouldn't suicide day 1 to use it. You'd play naturally while being a little more in everyone's face so that you would eventually get lynched anyway then, boom, fire that shot off and see what you hit.

SalvaPot

Are we really entertaining the idea of cabbeh been a hunter? Hunter is the kind of role that you solve for the darkest day, I find it highly unlikely a hunter would claim miller, less this early in the game.

Karkador

Banned
Are we really entertaining the idea of cabbeh been a hunter? Hunter is the kind of role that you solve for the darkest day, I find it highly unlikely a hunter would claim miller, less this early in the game.

He can put the rumor to rest by voting for himself

cabot

If it really irks you Kark, I'll vote for myself to reach majority.

I retract my offer to do it with ball in mouth and knife up bum, however.

Sorian

Banned
UNVOTE

There cabbeh, go to town on yourself and we can pretend its my vote so that Kark can feel better or something. How ridiculous to think he's a hunter.

cabot

I think you guys should lynch me today at some point, now. I just feel like I won't be able to play with a constant level of doubt on me.

I was hoping for a better reaction, if I claimed off the bat maybe I would have got what I was looking for, this reaction is not the one that will make me play well. I think my performance will be affected and you will have information if I die, so it isn't the equivalent of a random D1 lynch.

If I'm going to rehash what's been said already, I'll need to get to a computer, so don't wait up on me.

But don't take this to be a vote on Kark as much as an unvote on cabbeh.

batsnacks

You do not lynch cabbeh because:
  1. Mafia isn't going to claim miller d1 when under no pressure. Claiming miller makes everything you say for the rest of the game receive extra scrutiny, and makes you an auto-lynch in lylo. If cabbeh is mafia he could just as easily NOT claim miller and NOT receive extra scrutiny and auto-lynch status in lylo.
  2. Claiming miller d1 is optimal. If cabbeh claims any other time, no one will believe him and he will be lynched. This was the best time for cabbeh to claim. Also read his claim post, despite the FACT that mafia isn't going to claim miller d1 for some reason, mafia especially isn't going to put so much energy into a claim.
  3. Miller is a town role. There were people who believed cabbeh's claim and still wanted to lynch him because his role will cause "confusion" or something. If you believe cabbeh's claim then you should not lynch him because that means you believe he is TOWN!
  4. We will not learn anything by lynching cabbeh. If cabbeh is mafia his scum buddies can bus him for his outrageous and unnecessary claim. If cabbeh is town we will lose what could have been a more or less confirmed townie in exchange for... a list of people who made a huge mistake by voting him, which will tell us nothing.

Sorian

Banned
You do not lynch cabbeh because:
  1. Mafia isn't going to claim miller d1 when under no pressure. Claiming miller makes everything you say for the rest of the game receive extra scrutiny, and makes you an auto-lynch in lylo. If cabbeh is mafia he could just as easily NOT claim miller and NOT receive extra scrutiny and auto-lynch status in lylo.
  2. Claiming miller d1 is optimal. If cabbeh claims any other time, no one will believe him and he will be lynched. This was the best time for cabbeh to claim. Also read his claim post, despite the FACT that mafia isn't going to claim miller d1 for some reason, mafia especially isn't going to put so much energy into a claim.
  3. Miller is a town role. There were people who believed cabbeh's claim and still wanted to lynch him because his role will cause "confusion" or something. If you believe cabbeh's claim then you should not lynch him because that means you believe he is TOWN!
  4. We will not learn anything by lynching cabbeh. If cabbeh is mafia his scum buddies can bus him for his outrageous and unnecessary claim. If cabbeh is town we will lose what could have been a more or less confirmed townie in exchange for... a list of people who made a huge mistake by voting him, which will tell us nothing.

Except I want to lynch him because, by the nature of the game, I don't believe him and if his investigation results are flipped then that means I'll never believe he is town aligned. Day 1 seems the best time to waste making sure he isn't lying.

batsnacks

Except I want to lynch him because, by the nature of the game, I don't believe him and if his investigation results are flipped then that means I'll never believe he is town aligned. Day 1 seems the best time to waste making sure he isn't lying.

You have no reason not to believe him though. If he is mafia he can just NOT claim miller and he's in a better spot.

Sorian

Banned
You have no reason not to believe him though. If he is mafia he can just NOT claim miller and he's in a better spot.

It's day 1, I don't believe all of you on most of what you say. If I'm able to leave day 1 with some doubt removed then fantastic and my odds of doing that are near 100% with this vote while a lynch of a scum player is insanely low.

roytheone

*returns from my part time job*

So, let's see if something happened in the nx thread when I was working.

*sees that there are FIVE (!!!!) New pages*

WTF happened? Please tell me nobody role claimed, please?

Also, I now have to read those five pages while on mobile, oh joy............

batsnacks

It's day 1, I don't believe all of you on most of what you say. If I'm able to leave day 1 with some doubt removed then fantastic and my odds of doing that are near 100% with this vote while a lynch of a scum player is insanely low.

You should believe what makes sense and what makes sense is that cabbeh is a miller, and thus town. It is not reasonable to assume mafia is just going to claim miller for no reason other than to be "tricky" or something.

Karkador

Banned

lel

cabot

Burbeting still hasn't reported back. I think he's dead.

Sorian

Banned

Upupupupu AHAHAHAHA

You should believe what makes sense and what makes sense is that cabbeh is a miller, and thus town. It is not reasonable to assume mafia is just going to claim miller for no reason other than to be "tricky" or something.

That logic is out the window. I'm not going to assume people always do what makes apparent sense, we've been arguing Kark all day for that very reason.

Top Bottom