• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Karkador

Banned
You should believe what makes sense and what makes sense is that cabbeh is a miller, and thus town. It is not reasonable to assume mafia is just going to claim miller for no reason other than to be "tricky" or something.

To be fair, everything that justifies leaving cabbeh alone also justifies leaving me alone

Fireblend

Banned
I'm gonna have a stroke if we lynch Cabbeh and he actually flips hunter or anything other than a miller. Why the hell would he draw attention to himself if he wasn't?

This game, man.

cabot

I guess I should be flattered really, if you all think I'm this incredibly hypercompetent meta neutral/mafia.

Thanks, guys.

Ourobolus

Banned
I think you'd find some resistance to that idea from the looks of things. Out of curiosity, if I removed your ability to vote for batsnacks, who would be your second choice?

Probably cabbeh, just out of convenience. We'll have to do it sooner or later. I don't think it necessarily warrants our attention right this second, though. But I'm a bit indifferent.

I'm at a computer and I will deal with you now! What say you! Why you want to lynch me?

I've gone over it plenty.

Karkador

Banned
I mean I had an actual reason to claim though. What was the reason for your gambit again?

Your reason was that a investigator would happen to pick you and be fooled, which is kind of a hasty assumption at this point? I think an investigator would probably look at the people who have really been in contention today - or just check Blarg to make sure North is still pointing North and all that.

cabot

No problem, now put the ball gag back in.

3841907149_1f75f06e8c.jpg

batsnacks

Upupupupu AHAHAHAHA

That logic is out the window. I'm not going to assume people always do what makes apparent sense, we've been arguing Kark all day for that very reason.

That's a dangerous place you're in! Oh well I can lead a horse to water.

Kark is probably mafia or at least a better lynch than cabbeh though. Kark believes cabbeh is a miller and still votes him and tells him to self vote. At least that what seemed like happened.

cabot

Your reason was that a investigator would happen to pick you and be fooled, which is kind of a hasty assumption at this point? I think an investigator would probably look at the people who have really been in contention today - or just check Blarg to make sure North is still pointing North and all that.

I'm not going to deal in absolutes. I was definitely a valid target, and like I said I dropped a number of hints in posts about hiding information.

Was I top of the list? I don't know. I was on the list though, and as I've made clear. I came to understand that the longer you leave a Miller claim, the less convincing it is.

Sorian

Banned
That's a dangerous place you're in! Oh well I can lead a horse to water.

Kark is probably mafia or at least a better lynch than cabbeh though. Kark believes cabbeh is a miller and still votes him and tells him to self vote. At least that what seemed like happened.

I'll concede that this was super weird as was bringing up a hunter role out of no where. I'm still easily convinced on which way I should swing on Kark or cabbeh.

Karkador

Banned
I'm not going to deal in absolutes. I was definitely a valid target, and like I said I dropped a number of hints in posts about hiding information.

Was I top of the list? I don't know. I was on the list though, and as I've made clear. I came to understand that the longer you leave a Miller claim, the less convincing it is.

Well, we're back to square 1 then. Do you think it's worth killing you now?

batsnacks seems opposed to removing you, but seems to believe you are who you are - confirming that would give Town a lot of information.

weirdly enough, batsnacks seems completely for removing me, despite the fact that I've also roleclaimed Town, and pretty much the same reasoning he used for cabbeh can be used for me.

this can be construed to mean that batsnacks really just doesn't want Town to have the confirmation that there's alignment-related role mechanisms in this game.

cabot

I do accept this after seeing reactions, I don't think I'll ever be really trusted, that's toxic for this game.

It's why El Topo had to go in Archer. It's now why I have to go.

shall I just leave a portal to previous posts so you can answer your questions?

batsnacks

To be fair, everything that justifies leaving cabbeh alone also justifies leaving me alone

I missed this! This is WRONG! Your claim is bad because waiting to claim will have no negative effect on you. In fact claiming ordinary town unnecessarily hurts town because it narrows down who the power roles are for mafia. I have been over this!

cabbeh's claim is good because waiting to claim will have significant negative effects on him!

Karkador

Banned
I missed this! This is WRONG! Your claim is bad because waiting to claim will have no negative effect on you. In fact claiming ordinary town unnecessarily hurts town because it narrows down who the power roles are for mafia. I have been over this!

It's negligible. I told you this already. Not to mention that killing me has the same effect, PLUS it's -1 Town.

batsnacks

I know you are but what am I

Is that what we are doing
I guess. Seriously though if you said something earlier that you felt I didn't respond adequately to, or if there's something I said you want explained better I'm happy to help you out. I've tried to post stuff I think is important so if you think stuff I said has been wrong or seemingly scum motivated I would like to see if I can clarify. I was phone posting for like 90% of today so it is very possible I said something that didn't make sense.

Sorian

Banned
You know what? It's true that Town can wait on seeing what cabbeh's up to. He's said all he needs to for now.

VOTE: batsnacks

Why the swap from a no lynch stance to batsnacks? I understand why you were saying cabbeh because it was a "safe" kill but why this stance to now try to hit scum based on shaky day 1 reads?

Karkador

Banned
Why the swap from a no lynch stance to batsnacks? I understand why you were saying cabbeh because it was a "safe" kill but why this stance to now try to hit scum based on shaky day 1 reads?

Cabbeh's roleclaim pretty much accelerated everything, IMO. We're sort of in a Day 1.5 at this point.

I got behind the idea of lynching cabbeh for the info, but actually, I need to stick to my "preserve Town" philosophy. I just realized that whether or not he's a Miller or a Hunter, it can wait. The information we would get from a Miller flip is mostly going to pertain to whether or not there's a cop of some kind, in which case, that can wait.

Alongside that, this batsnacks situation (which started with the 'net' we pulled up with Launch and I) has been evolving. Nothing he's saying makes sense.

Fireblend

Banned
I admit Ouro's arguments are starting to get to me, and bat's squirming isn't helping his case one bit. I feel like an important question is: Will we have enough information tomorrow to last us a day if we don't lynch Cabbeh right away? Because if so, it might be worth considering keeping him around. I already said it, I'd be shocked if we lynched Cabbeh and he was anything other than a miller.

Shocked, I say.

Sorian

Banned
Cabbeh's roleclaim pretty much accelerated everything, IMO. We're sort of in a Day 1.5 at this point.

I got behind the idea of lynching cabbeh for the info, but actually, I need to stick to my "preserve Town" philosophy. I just realized that whether or not he's a Miller or a Hunter, it can wait. The information we would get from a Miller flip is mostly going to pertain to whether or not there's a cop of some kind, in which case, that can wait.

Alongside that, this batsnacks situation (which started with the 'net' we pulled up with Launch and I) has been evolving. Nothing he's saying makes sense.

Hmm, glad to see that you pulled your head out of your ass on the no lynch thing even if you are doing some mental gymnastics for it. Ouro and Retro have been the only real voices of reason for today and, oddly enough, batsnacks is the one that convinced me that it probably isn't in our best interest to check cabbeh's role flip at this time. Time to actually target who I believe is scum instead of having to worry about playing mediator amongst everyone to see who does what.

batsnacks

I just want to say if I am wrong about batsnacks, I will definitely be open to the possibility of lynching Kark.

Nah man it's not going to be that easy. I'm tenacious.

>>Ourobolus says: Uh, you make association reads because you don't know their alignments. If we did know their alignments, what's the point of making a read on their association?

I meant unflipped association reads, for example "<player1> and <player2> are mafia together."

I usually I don't like to make unflipped association reads especially d1 because they rely on too many assumptions. I think reads are stronger when they rely on fewer assumptions. So, when e.g. Sorian says that one of me, Launch, and Kark is mafia because love triangle, that read is making assumptions about three people's alignment and if Sorian is wrong about just 1 of us then the read is wrong. It is hard to be right about 3 people's alignments this early.

This was mainly during my conversation with Sorian with whom we finally settled on:
>>Sorian says:
IMO both of these posts fall into that category:

I know what you are going to say "but I didn't associate them like you did. You said that ones alignment was dependent on another." I didn't though. One of Kark, you, and Launch being scum doesn't mean that I'm basing one's alignment on another. I just see three players camped up in a similar situation and I think scum would have tried to hide in that situation especially when they thought more people were coming to camp. It's the same as how you think mafia would be hiding within the camp of inactives.

>>batsnacks replies:
Makes sense to me. I don't think mafia would want to lynch Kark if he's town but maybe they would want to hide in the ruckus and feign contributing.
Do you want to give that longish post I made on Kark some words since no one else did? :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Ourobolus says: It's hard to be right about anything on D1. And for Sorian's read to be wrong, he'd have to be wrong 3 times. As of now, you snuck in to vote for what you perceived to be an easy target, and I think you're scum.

I'm not arguing, just thinking out loud, I guess.

Yes, it is hard to be right about anything d1. As you can see above from the previous issue, Sorian explained himself to me and made me understand what he was saying and I was satisfied with it. As for me "sneaking in to vote what I perceived would be an easy target," I don't know how to convince you that this isn't what happened. Kark is most of what I've talked about today and I thought my vote was thoroughly reasoned. I would arguable more reasoned than anyone else's vote on Kark. I would need you to be more specific about the sneaking and the going after easy targets to give you a better answer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>Ourobolus says: So we've got batsnacks, supposedly a relatively experienced mafia player, pulling out "logic" like these posts. I don't like it.

I mean, yeah, I am relatively experienced and I do think those posts I made were logical and important. That's why I posted them. I really want to hear more from you if you still legitimately believe this.

batsnacks

Hmm, glad to see that you pulled your head out of your ass on the no lynch thing even if you are doing some mental gymnastics for it. Ouro and Retro have been the only real voices of reason for today and, oddly enough, batsnacks is the one that convinced me that it probably isn't in our best interest to check cabbeh's role flip at this time. Time to actually target who I believe is scum instead of having to worry about playing mediator amongst everyone to see who does what.

I hope you brought more ammo than that! :)

batsnacks seems to be the only one passionately defending cabbeh, whereas earlier he was pretty eager to jump on a Kark bandwagon (and to a lesser extent, Darryl). Perhaps it's a play to get back in the town's good graces if cabbeh is lynched and flips town?

batsnacks

batsnacks seems to be the only one passionately defending cabbeh, whereas earlier he was pretty eager to jump on a Kark bandwagon (and to a lesser extent, Darryl). Perhaps it's a play to get back in the town's good graces if cabbeh is lynched and flips town?

Is that what you think it is? And I practically started the Kark wagon, yo!

Sorian

Banned
I hope you brought more ammo than that! :)

You've always been my real interest friend. I only pushed Kark for reasons that mafia can continue to guess at. I still think mafia made their bed with the love triangle and really if it's between you and Launch then I'll go for the quiet concise poster over the fool that has been tunneling forever (no offense Launch <3). The concise poster that can get their point across and then back up and let somebody else defend is usually the scum because that's the master play of being active while being easily forgotten.

Burbeting

Banned
I tried to read through the last ten pages but man you talk so so so much.

Please give me time before ending the day at least, it seems Cabbeh has lot of votes now.

Top Bottom