• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
batsnacks seems to be the only one passionately defending cabbeh, whereas earlier he was pretty eager to jump on a Kark bandwagon (and to a lesser extent, Darryl). Perhaps it's a play to get back in the town's good graces if cabbeh is lynched and flips town?

I'd argue he jumped on a Darryl bandwagon and tried to become a co-founder to a Kark bandwagon but it's a fair thought.

Since you asked me earlier, I may as well return the favor. Who do you think you will be voting for?

batsnacks

You've always been my real interest friend. I only pushed Kark for reasons that mafia can continue to guess at. I still think mafia made their bed with the love triangle and really if it's between you and Launch then I'll go for the quiet concise poster over the fool that has been tunneling forever (no offense Launch <3). The concise poster that can get their point across and then back up and let somebody else defend is usually the scum because that's the master play of being active while being easily forgotten.

Eh, I don't know. In my experience the people getting their point across, pushing new things forward, even if they're wrong, are usually town. Mafia usually like to pick, choose, and follow.

Sorian

Banned
Fuck you Sorian, I backed off.

I know, which makes me more confident in my batsnacks guess. If you are scum then you are also a fantastic actor.

Eh, I don't know. In my experience the people getting their point across, pushing new things forward, even if they're wrong, are usually town. Mafia usually like to pick, choose, and follow.

I'd argue that you did pick, choose, and follow. Even if Launch was just naturally faster, he was the one that pushed new things forward.

Fireblend

Banned
Bat, I feel like you slipped up when you tried to discredit Sorian's ideas. You lashed back with some dubious logic, whether that was because you didn't understand or some other reason, all I can say is it put you in a bad spot and made you look overly defensive/paranoid. To me at least. Even after your clarifications, I would've replied exactly as I did then.

What do you feel other than the Kark bandwagon you've pushed forward today? I felt you had a strong game before, but somehow it just felt apart. This is like the third time you claim you've been pushing forward new ideas and being pro-town, but it's such an empty statement.

I think batsnacks is a mislynch, but who's going to talk you guys down.

I'm "aggressive". I'm "tunneling". I'm "angry".

I'm starting to feel a lot like Darryl at this point.

Ourobolus

Banned

I'll admit to it. I'm doing the same thing. But I have yet to really see a shred of reason (apart from not lynching cabbeh today, but I was already thinking that) from batsnacks that would make me think otherwise.

I'd argue he jumped on a Darryl bandwagon and tried to become a co-founder to a Kark bandwagon but it's a fair thought.

Since you asked me earlier, I may as well return the favor. Who do you think you will be voting for?

Okay I'll accept that, but it's an interesting change from pushing for a vote to pushing against one.

I said before cabbeh's role claim my main candidates were batsnacks and Karkador. I haven't seen anything since to change my mind but batsnacks' defence of cabbeh has made him more suspicious.

Sorian

Banned

Aggressive and angry are good. The tunneling was just funny, it was nice seeing what I was like in ONUW 3. Talk to me about why you think batsnacks is a mislynch.

Aggressive and angry are good. The tunneling was just funny, it was nice seeing what I was like in ONUW 3. Talk to me about why you think batsnacks is a mislynch.

I just don't see it. Can you stack up what you have against him for me, a cliff notes? Im on my phone and I can't look back.

Sorian

Banned
Okay I'll accept that, but it's an interesting change from pushing for a vote to pushing against one.

I said before cabbeh's role claim my main candidates were batsnacks and Karkador. I haven't seen anything since to change my mind but batsnacks' defence of cabbeh has made him more suspicious.

So, the defense of cabbeh can easily be a pro-town and anti-town move. Why do you see it as scummy behavior?

Sorian

Banned
I just don't see it. Can you stack up what you have against him for me, a cliff notes? Im on my phone and I can't look back.

Give me like a half hour or so and I'll give something meatier, I'll actually be at home and can probably put my words down better than when I'm at work.

batsnacks

I know, which makes me more confident in my batsnacks guess. If you are scum then you are also a fantastic actor.

I'd argue that you did pick, choose, and follow. Even if Launch was just naturally faster, he was the one that pushed new things forward.
I am certain I pushed new, important things regarding Kark. Launch agreed a few times, I don't really feel like finding that stuff unless I need to. I guess what I want you to focus on is that I have been hard pushing an agenda today that I think is believably pro-town. If I am mafia I am not pushing things so passionately.

Bat, I feel like you slipped up when you tried to discredit Sorian's ideas. You lashed back with some dubious logic, whether that was because you didn't understand or some other reason, all I can say is it put you in a bad spot and made you look overly defensive/paranoid. To me at least. Even after your clarifications, I would've replied exactly as I did then.

What do you feel other than the Kark bandwagon you've pushed forward today? I felt you had a strong game before, but somehow it just felt apart. This is like the third time you claim you've been pushing forward new ideas and being pro-town, but it's such an empty statement.
A lot of what I've said today has been Kark related, but other than that I can think of my pressure and reassessment of Darryl, my town read on Blarg, my hard defense of cabbeh... There's probably been other stuff but I've posted over 100 times in this thread by now so it's hard to remember everything I've said. Like I said to Sorian you just need to notice that I have been pushing things I believe are right, and doing so passionately. That alone should be enough.

I'll admit to it. I'm doing the same thing. But I have yet to really see a shred of reason (apart from not lynching cabbeh today, but I was already thinking that) from batsnacks that would make me think otherwise.

Really? Not even a shred of reason? That's pretty cold, man.

roytheone

I am back! And now my finger hurts from swiping down! Thanks for that! And typing this on mobile takes so long that there will probably be a new page for me to read after posting this. Also, I do not have access to my notes on mobile, so this will be a quick and dirty post right from my brain.

-cabbah claims miller, a kind of handicap role.

I like cabbeh, I had him as town in my list. I also believe his role claim. A mafia member will fake role claim miller if he is afraid to be targeted by the cop, and I don't think the cop had cabbeh in his sight. There are way better targets like kark, batsnacks, Darryl and salvapot to target instead of cabbeh. If he was Mafia he would be Putting himself in the spotlight for no reason.

-let our cop check if he returns NFA.

Why? What would that achieve? He returns NFA, now what, we still don't know if he is a miller or mafia. Would be a waste of a cop action IMO.

-cabbeh is secretly a hunter that wants to get lynched to do.......yeah, what exactly?

I do not buy this one bit. Why the hell would he do this on day one when we were still discussing who to Lynch? No, just no.

- should we lynch cabbeh?

This is an hard one. I still believe he is town, but he will be viewed as suspicious from here on out. That makes him less useful if he is town, but if he is Mafia he now has a spotlight on him and can't do much either. But i still think he is town, and a very good one too. I am open to Lynch him for info, but would rather wait until we have a day with less good lynch candidates like kark and bat, which I both suspect of being scum, than to now lynch somebody I still see as town.

My current Lynch preference:

Kark>batsnacks>cabbeh.

Man, typing a big post on mobile sucks shit.

I'm sorry; things continue to pile up at work and at school, plus I took my girlfriend to the clinic earlier. This is the first time I'm able to post, now that I'm about to grab an hour or two of sleep (at 0540h).

There are twice as many pages as there were when I last checked in! I'm really glad you're all having fun, hahaha. If I can't catch up before this day ends, I'm going to need to ask for a replacement. Got to let go of something : (

So, the defense of cabbeh can easily be a pro-town and anti-town move. Why do you see it as scummy behavior?

As someone pointed out, cabbeh and Kark's situations are somewhat similar, yet batsnacks is pushing to lynch one but not the other. His reversal is interesting to see.

batsnacks

As someone pointed out, cabbeh and Kark's situations are somewhat similar, yet batsnacks is pushing to lynch one but not the other. His reversal is interesting to see.

Kark pointed that out and he's provably wrong. A miller and an ordinary town are completely different.

(re Kark says a miller claim and an ordinary town claim are pretty much the same thing):
I missed this! This is WRONG! Your claim is bad because waiting to claim will have no negative effect on you. In fact claiming ordinary town unnecessarily hurts town because it narrows down who the power roles are for mafia. I have been over this!

cabbeh's claim is good because waiting to claim will have significant negative effects on him!

By someone I meant Karkador. I should've just read the top of the page.

I am certain I pushed new, important things regarding Kark. Launch agreed a few times, I don't really feel like finding that stuff unless I need to. I guess what I want you to focus on is that I have been hard pushing an agenda today that I think is believably pro-town. If I am mafia I am not pushing things so passionately.

I dislike this reasoning. Scum know how to act like town. Let your actions speak for yourself. Don't tell us "but guys I'm acting pro-town".

batsnacks

By someone I meant Karkador. I should've just read the top of the page.

I dislike this reasoning. Scum know how to act like town. Let your actions speak for yourself. Don't tell us "but guys I'm acting pro-town".
That reasoning is solid. Mafia does not have a reason to push any agenda as hard as I've pushed most of mine. They can just choose what to follow, they do not need to be as vocal as I am.

cabot

-cabbah claims miller, a kind of handicap role

I like cabbeh, I had him as town in my list. I also believe his role claim. A mafia member will fake role claim miller if he is afraid to be targeted by the cop, and I don't think the cop had cabbeh in his sight. There are way better targets like kark, batsnacks, Darryl and salvapot to target instead of cabbeh. If he was Mafia he would be Putting himself in the spotlight for no reason.

-let our cop check if he returns NFA.

Why? What would that achieve? He returns NFA, now what, we still don't know if he is a miller or mafia. Would be a waste of a cop action IMO.

I'm glad you have some faith in me roy, good old fashioned fox hunting love.

I will counter your first point, by bringing up my post again. A mafia may fake role claim miller if he is afraid to be targeted by the cop, but a miller would do exactly the same thing. I made the point in my reveal, I initially decided to try the 'Keep quiet, don't attract suspicion' route, all that did was paralyze me with posting and attracted suspicion anyway. I still think I was a good shout for a cop (maybe not N1, but after). What I read said you either claim Miller D1 or you don't claim at all. I decided after my performance up until the reveal that claiming was the best option.

Kark, where is your guilt-tripping of people if they mislynch batsnacks?

People have to take responsibility! This administration will advocate accountability!

Fireblend

Banned
That reasoning is solid. Mafia does not have a reason to push any agenda as hard as I've pushed most of mine. They can just choose what to follow, they do not need to be as vocal as I am.

This thinking worries me. You're placing too much importance on activity IMO. Scum can just as easily act as "leaders" and thinking this way is pretty much that same as granting them immunity. I don't like how heavily you're relying on this part of your argument.

Sorian

Banned

Before I start that long post though, this is bullshit, clear cut. Scum is not some stupid entitiy that has to play the same way every time. Scum can hide out amongst everyone else doing "pro-town" things all day long and according to you, they'd be basically immune. I don't buy that.

batsnacks

This thinking worries me. You're placing too much importance on activity IMO. Scum can just as easily act as "leaders" and thinking this way is pretty much that same as granting them immunity. I don't like how heavily you're relying on this part of your argument.

Scum can -not- just as easily act as "leaders." At least I can't, and I know for a fact most people I have played with can't. And It's d1 what else can I do? Other than push what I believe is good for town. Seriously? You're falling into confirmation bias at this point.

Karkador

Banned
Scum can -not- just as easily act as "leaders." At least I can't, and I know for a fact most people I have played with can't. And It's d1 what else can I do? Other than push what I believe is good for town. Seriously? You're falling into confirmation bias at this point.

You apparently never watched our previous games

Ourobolus

Banned
"Confirmation bias"
"I know for a fact most people I have played with..."

roytheone

I'm glad you have some faith in me roy, good old fashioned fox hunting love.

I will counter your first point, by bringing up my post again. A mafia may fake role claim miller if he is afraid to be targeted by the cop, but a miller would do exactly the same thing. I made the point in my reveal, I initially decided to try the 'Keep quiet, don't attract suspicion' route, all that did was paralyze me with posting and attracted suspicion anyway. I still think I was a good shout for a cop (maybe not N1, but after). What I read said you either claim Miller D1 or you don't claim at all. I decided after my performance up until the reveal that claiming was the best option.

True, but this is how I see it: there was some, but not a huge risk of you being targeted by the cop.
Now, if you are town, that bit of fear for the cop could be enough to claim. You may get lynched, but your team would only lose a "handicapped" player, one of the (probably) 12.
Now, if you are Mafia, that claim would be a waaaaay bigger deal. You risk losing (probably) 1/3 of your team, a huge blow.

So the way I see it a real miller would need less cop heat to force a claim than a fake mafia miller, that would take more cop heat because what they put on the line is bigger.

batsnacks

Before I start that long post though, this is bullshit, clear cut. Scum is not some stupid entitiy that has to play the same way every time. Scum can hide out amongst everyone else doing "pro-town" things all day long and according to you, they'd be basically immune. I don't buy that.

Maybe it's too broad a generalization because there are people that as mafia push agendas very aggressively. I just don't know why you'd want to lynch someone d1 who is pushing things forward. In my experience you keep those people around because at least they are being active and doing what town needs to do to win, if they are town. Maybe they are really good and faking it but you still don't just assume that without really good reasons (that you won't get d1).

Fireblend

Banned

I know you're in the middle of defending yourself so it's understandable that you're on the defensive, but all I did was point out something that worries me about your argument and that I find well worth discussing. No idea where you're getting the confirmation bias from. And I still dislike people pulling the "experienced player" card. I've certainly never seen anyone suggest "leading" players should be granted immunity even during D1, and I'm not about to start taking you at your word.

batsnacks

"Confirmation bias"
"I know for a fact most people I have played with..."

This is my first game on neogaf so when speaking of experience I only have games on other forums. In most of my games on other forums, a huge majority of people can not lead the thread as mafia.

Ourobolus

Banned
This is my first game on neogaf so when speaking of experience I only have games on other forums. In most of my games on other forums, a huge majority of people can not lead the thread as mafia.
I suggest the Danganronpa thread. Look for our fearless moderator. :)

batsnacks

I suggest the Danganronpa thread. Look for our fearless moderator. :)

I mean I can cite examples of highly skilled mafia players on other sites leading threads and dominating games. I had one game where a guy claimed miller d1 as mafia, went on to lynch all of his team mates, and rode that insane town cred to a victory. You only have my word but that is -not- me.

roytheone

We have a lot of inexperienced players here (for example: ME!) that are very likely to follow a player they see as having a lot of experience. If such an experienced player is Mafia, I totally see him/her lead a thread as mafia.

Top Bottom