• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
Alright,

VOTE: Karkador

The way I see it there is shared distrust among Blarg, Kark, Launch, Salva, and L_P. When I say that, I mean, multiple people have mentioned it shortly before or shortly after the Becky went out. I actually thought I'd be convinced of Salva pretty easily but I believe what he is saying. He always does this shit of not speaking up if someone else chiming in is already confirming what he would be saying. I hate it but it matches his behavior. This version of Blarg is what I would imagine scum Blarg is so this is a real possibility to me but I'm not feeling that yet. He did offer himself up to be jailed though which can be read a few different ways. My stance on Launch and L_P both kind of hinge on how Kark flips so that's where that vote comes from.

That being said, I've been quite convinced this whole time that Kark had an override type role, town-aligned. I thought his little ploy at the beginning of the day was to get the flies to swarm to him and if we did end up trying to lynch him (go back and read all of my posts about Kark if you'd like, I forgot a few times but I usually tried to say we should attempt to lynch Kark) then he would just override who he saw fit and we could move on from his storyline. I don't believe he can override anymore, not with L_P's power in the game too. That weird ass hunter logic did also come from Kark so he could still be that (I could see that being balanced appropriately with a day killer) but fine, whatever, Kark can nock an arrow before we kill him and hopefully he hits scum if we aren't. This eliminates mystery option 3 for me so he is either ordinary or scum. I'm fine lynching either right now. batsnacks was always right that it Kark did claim ordinary this early, all he did was make it so that the pool of players mafia would kill to try to hit a PR was smaller.

batsnacks' list. We all know what happened with me. Retro has been quiet, everyone knows about Karkador, and I'm guessing Ouro's on this list because he was pushing for a batsnacks vote all day.

VOTE: Karkador

I stand by what I said when I killed batsnacks.

Yeah, I would say that this list is worth visiting. It doesn't carry as much weight now that we know he isn't mafia, but this was his last ditch effort.

However, Ouro is back on the board now.

cabot

I did not keep quiet tho? I make comments when I have something important to add, not just to reaffirm what everybody thinks. At most I make comments if I feel really strongly about an idea, but my vote on batsnacks was not based on hard evidence, it was based on his behavior, he was just, in my mind, the better choice compared to karkador. Karkador had a better defense than bats, as simple as that, so I voted bats.

If you feel you couldn't add to the testing bats claim discussion which took place between about 5 people and was pretty important because he was claiming a major role, then you have very low self esteem (I've got a video franchise you should apply for..) or you're keeping out of the limelight.

We were also actively trying to push people to contribute, we made a few call outs.

You then just hopped in without any reasoning and voted. Drive by voting at the last minute is scummy

SalvaPot

then you have very low self esteem

lol.

Ok, back to the full quote

If you feel you couldn't add to the testing bats claim discussion which took place between about 5 people and was pretty important because he was claiming a major role, then you have very low self esteem (I've got a video franchise you should apply for..) or you're keeping out of the limelight.

We were also actively trying to push people to contribute, we made a few call outs.

You then just hopped in without any reasoning and voted. Drive by voting at the last minute is scummy

I voted a hard hour before voting was off, then I got a few reactions out of it (Like this one you are making right now), and now I have a chance to explain my reasoning. I think its a smart way of playing, I find interesting what people find suspicious and who they avoid to focus on.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm partial to voting Kark now, since he was pretty much second on my list, but I'd like to do some reading and see if anything comes to me from the stuff post-bat roleclaiming, even if it means wading through the swamp of insanity that is that part of the thread. I think I can trust Cabbeh a little more now, and would be willing to keep him around one more day which was already my plan, but I feel like his rivalry with Salva might be a bit premature - I want to see if the Salva-Blarg interactions ever go somewhere. I won't mind if he (Cabbeh) keeps an eye on him though, like I expected Launch would to Kark if Kark ended up surviving today.

No new vote for now.

Karkador

Banned
Alright, enough self-immolation for now

Here's what I think

I'm somehow still alive. I honestly have no idea how the vote would have ended (thanks, Blarg jumping around), so I was pretty much resigned to death before that whole debacle. Doubly so while waiting for the debacle to go through.

We got our flip, the way we would have had the day ended normally - but we didn't get a night period, so we're all in this post-flip discussion without any information from night activity. It seems pretty chaotic.

And I don't know if I have anything left to really defend myself with. The batsnacks bid was bad, but he really shouldn't have roleclaimed early. I said I'd take responsibility for a mislynch, because tomorrow is a new day - but we're not in tomorrow.

I don't have anyone else I want to pursue right now. IMO, end the day with No Lynch, because we got our flip. Or kill me and put this shit to rest.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll vote for whomever is heading towards majority today if it's Kark or Salva. I don't really have any major reads other than those two at the moment, apart from L_P, and that hinges on Kark for right now.

Sorian

Banned

latest

roytheone

FUUUUUUUUUCK YOU KARK

I WAS GOING TO USE THAT MEME AT SOME POINT

I was actively hoping that when Cabbeh would die, he would flip something else than miller so that everybody would make that MGS reference at once :)

Anyway, back to my read on LP maybe using his power to protect Kark. I still think it is a real possibility, even though he did vote Kark now, and one I want to research. The way I see it, we could lynch LP or Kark to get more insight into this situation. And between those two, Kark has had waaaaaaaaaay more interaction with everyone in this thread, so outside of the LP <> Kark link, that lynch will also give us a lot of extra information to go on. LP has had a lot less interaction, so his lynch will give us less information. So, because of that, and because I still think Kark behaved extremely weird during day 1:

vote: karkador

I do share a lot of the suspicion against Salva, but I think lynching kark would give us a lot more information right now.

RetroMG

I don't buy that Kark is scum. I'm not especially opposed to voting him out, (since he will surely dominate conversation if he lives,) but I don't buy that he's actually scum.

At any rate, no sense in moving the doomsday clock sooner to midnight. Let's see what else shakes out.

Burbeting

Banned
Yooo just two votes and Karkador is getting majorirty?

Guys, I'm writing my reads right now, I hope you don't turbo the extended time at least before I get to post :(.

Karkador

Banned
I'm gonna tell myself that this community likes me because, if you really wanted to be cruel to me, you'd leave me alive for the entire game and vote me to near-majority every day

Sorian

Banned
I don't buy that Kark is scum. I'm not especially opposed to voting him out, (since he will surely dominate conversation if he lives,) but I don't buy that he's actually scum.

At any rate, no sense in moving the doomsday clock sooner to midnight. Let's see what else shakes out.

Kark will probably flip ordinary town, at this point, I only see it as a burden to keep him alive. batsnacks was my scum read and with that, I'd like to just have solid info and go.

RetroMG

I just want to say again that you all are crazy
in the best way possible.

Now I'm going to go play MGSV.

WORDS THAT KILL

I'm gonna tell myself that this community likes me because, if you really wanted to be cruel to me, you'd leave me alive for the entire game and vote me to near-majority every day

I like ya, Kark!

Sure. How do we play?

You will have 3 minutes to find the 5 typos in the next post I am about to make.

Simply post the 5 letters/characters/punctuation that are the typos, like this—

—BUT IN THE ORDER THAT THEY APPEAR IN, FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. There will only be one typo per line, so it's easy! ;)

If you locate them all and post them in the correct order, within 3 minutes of the minigame post being posted, I will role claim.

If you don't manage to locate them all and/or post them in the correct order within the time limit, you lose, then you role claim.

If anyone else helps you or attempts it, the game is void.

As soon as you post "READY", I will assume you understand the rules and I will deploy the minigame post, so be prepared. The 2 minute time limit will start as soon as the post is posted. I'll be using the GAF clock on the side of your response post as the time marker.

READY, or not?

Top Bottom