• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
Alright, so, elephant in the room. What if they just both flip jailer and ordinary? What a terrible day. Good for getting rid of distractions though and we'll have a lot to go on.

To be honest, I wouldn't have done this if batsnacks hadn't put me on his list. An experienced scum player would point at his fellow scum to divert suspicion. Yes, it could've spared me from being night-killed, but I'd hate to die before getting off my shot.

I have to admit the reactions were worth it.

Burbeting

Banned
Yeah... Definitely didn't wanna be Becked. Oh well I am now Becked.

I really was the jailer lol

In any case I'm sure this day has at least been a good lesson on what people are expecting here from players, and that the game culture of one area isn't applicable to another place 1:1.

batsnacks

To be honest, I wouldn't have done this if batsnacks hadn't put me on his list. An experienced scum player would point at his fellow scum to divert suspicion. Yes, it could've spared me from being night-killed, but I'd hate to die before getting off my shot.

I have to admit the reactions were worth it.
It was an awesome play if you're mafia. You get town points for shooting the jailer I mean what could be better?

CzarTim

Lone_Prodigy noticed a cool, laid back kid standing in the corner with slicked-back hair looking very out of place at a Nintendo launch event. This kid, who apparently goes by batsnacks, seemed to want no part of the proceedings. Rather than fighting for the coveted console, he insisted he was too cool to play video games. Realizing he had just the thing to cheer the boy up, Lone reached into his bag and pulled out a brownie.

batsnacks seemed reluctant to eat anything that could get crumbs on his leather jacket, but decided to take the treat anyway. Moments after he finished it, however, he felt quite ill. You see, this was no normal brownie, but a brownie laced with the most dangerous drug known to mankind: marijuana.

That amount of marijuana was no match for such a small child, and batsnacks soon fell to the ground, convulsing and withering in pain. An ambulance was called, but by the time it arrived, it was too late. Much like Becky, the boy was dead from an overdose.

The crowd stood in shock. Watching such an innocent life be taken would cause anyone to question their place in the universe. People began to wonder if everyone should go home. It seemed in poor taste to continue. But then again, you all really want a NX.

batsnacks has been removed from the list.

batsnacks said:
Cool Kid
You are the coolest kid in school. You show up late every day (you have to wake up your alcoholic mother.) Your clothes are ripped and torn (you can’t afford new ones.) You’ve frenched kissed a bunch of girls (“You wouldn’t know them, they go to a different school.”) Everyone wants to be your friend, but you don’t have time for friends (you have an after school job to support your family after your dad left.)

And there’s no greater symbol of your coolness than the pack of cigarettes you keep in your back pocket. Everybody knows smoking is just about the coolest thing someone can do, and no one can refuse your offer to try it.

You are a Fun-aligned (Town) Jailor.

Each night you may jail someone by sending me the night action OFFER CIGARETTE: <player name>. The player may not perform any actions and can not be removed from the list (aka nightkilled.)

Your target will be too busy smoking to perform any action, but will look so cool smoking, no one will be able to justify removing them from the list. Of course you don’t touch the stuff. Those things are poison. (You may not perform the action on yourself.)

You win if all No-Fun-Allowed-aligned players are removed from the list.

The day phase has been extended 24 hours and all votes have been reset.

t1441213200z1.png

roytheone

Wait, the day has been extended? Did lost_prodigy not read his PM right or something along those lines? He made it sound like it would kill both kark and Bats?

cabot

You're that over eager italian man who wants to use his nationality to get pity line skips. You've pushed about 6 different people in this line.

We should NOT lynch batsnacks today. Leave him as a potential target for NoFun, and see if he survives the Night. He probably will, because NoFun will leave him alive because he's a valuable Daytime point of contention; but, if they do kill him, then he'll be dead anyway and his role will be confirmed that way.

Let him jail someone trustworthy tonight and see if his claim that his target will be notified of their jailing is true or not, by having that trustworthy target report back to us tomorrow.

I volunteer myself to be batsnacks' target. If we both survive tonight, I will tell you all if he jailed me or not, no puzzles or lies.

We should lynch cabbeh today, because we're going to have to eventually anyway since it's impossible for an Investigator to verify his true alignment due to his Miller-ness. As opposed to the slim chance that NoFun will kill batsnacks tonight, NoFun will NEVER kill cabbeh because he's a FunTown power role black hole AND an ever-present conversation piece.

We might as well do the deed on Day 1, and off cabbeh today, while it's still Early Bird hour up in this partay.

V5xmY8c.gif

Sorian

Banned
I don't know. Most of it was still just really bad posturing as town. I'm not finding a whole lot to go on.

What he said doesn't matter. I'm more curious of anyone who was particularly dead set on killing him after he claimed as opposed to before. (Yes, Launch, I know Kark might fall in that category, chill).

Fireblend

Banned
Oh God another 24 hours? Well, time to delay my work deliverables again!

Seriously though ffs I have to get some work done.

It's not that easy. Now we know that batsnacks was telling the truth, we need to re-read everything after his claim.

So basically him melting down, digging himself further for now-evidently no sane reason, and then us dealing with Blarg at its Blargiest? This is truly the darkest timeline.

Sorian

Banned
Oh God another 24 hours? Well, time to delay my work deliverables again!

Seriously though ffs I have to get some work done.

So basically him melting down, digging himself further for now-evidently no sane reason, and then us dealing with Blarg at its Blargiest? This is truly the darkest timeline.

Sorry Fire, I lied. I really thought we had reached the final form. I was a fool. I didn't know we made it to the true timeline and we still have to make it to the true final boss.

Burbeting

Banned
Well... that happened.

At least this gives me time to read everything posted after my last visit here with better detail, and with Batsies roleclaim in mind. Also this proves that LP is PR, although we cannot be 100 sure if he's town, neutral or scum.

roytheone

At least this gives me time to read everything posted after my last visit here with better detail, and with Batsies roleclaim in mind. Also this proves that LP is PR, although we cannot be 100 sure if he's town, neutral or scum.

So basically, we still don't know anything about LP, because an override is pretty much always an one shot ability. So the only thing we know is that he HAD an override.

cabot

People are voting you because of how eager you are to lynch karkador.

I honestly don´t feel either way for both of you, so I don´t feel like changing my vote.

Vote: Karkador

To me his claims seems like a calculated risk, so its clear he either has nothing to lose or is scum trying to make a noble sacrifice to make friends with town. Let´s see how it goes.

What I said was "scum trying to make a noble sacrifice to make friends with town"

So, in this theory, you pretend to be townie and willing to sacrifice yourself, with the idea that the town will believe you and not actually lynch you, so the fact that you were willing make you less likely for suspicion.

Pretty standard stuff, really.

Yes, and is again my reason to lynch him.

If he says the truth and we lynch him, we get information.

If he is lying and we lynch him, then he will by NFA.

Either way, either we get info or we get a mafia player, I think that is acceptable and better than voting blindly.

It's a medley of Karkador (who he voted for), me and Blarg. Except this quote

Hmm, I actually agree with this. It is extremely suspicious.

which is on batsnacks

Top Bottom