• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Karkador

Banned
Also, if you think I'm mafia, Launch, and fear for your own life, it's kind of irrelevant if you let me live or die. If mafia has its sights on you, I don't need to stay alive.

Sorian

Banned
Well, the things I've pointed out about Sorian are true, and based on his own behavior - not any sort of claim based on my own role or supposed information. This could mean I'm wrong, of course, but it should also mean I'm not lying or bluffing about some secret info. I've got nothing but the things in the thread.

Yes, I don't contend most of the things you've said about me are true, you are obviously trying to portray lynching as a bad thing when it is not, I am all for getting lynches in because that is how we kill scum. Scum isn't just going to roll over and die on it's own, town has to actively work towards it. So yes, I'm happy to lynch things, go figure, that's how I kill scum and I want to kill scum.

Also, if you think I'm mafia, Launch, and fear for your own life, it's kind of irrelevant if you let me live or die. If mafia has its sights on you, I don't need to stay alive.

What the fuck is this?

I'm not sure what kind of mental gymnastics these are, but everybody playing mafia fears for their lives. I say things as if I'm going to die in the night phase because it could happen.

And oh, yeah, if I'm going to die anyone, might as well tell my team to do something stupid.

Karkador

Banned
Before I start answering, none of what you've said is about you.

The things you've said about Sorian are true, yes, but that proves nothing about yourself. The only thing you're doing is picking Sorian apart and trying to skate through this day without a real eviction.

We effectively had a real eviction. Seriously, for as much as people throw the word "scummy" around this game, pushing for more mayhem and kills is scummy.

You keep talking about lynching like it's this great evil, "makes the least amount of sense", but it's necessary. People are going to die; that's fact. Through lynching, the town makes the choice, not the mafia. That's the difference. We waste this opportunity that we have, and we've relinquished our right to choose.

And someone already did die. The person who died was already going to die via votes. Town already made the choice. Can we PLEASE move on to the part of the cycle where people start getting info, so that Town may act a little more informed?

Besides which, all the logic you've used to justify a no-lynch day 1 can be said about any subsequent day; you have no guarantees that we'll have more information day 2. Yet, I'm 100% sure you won't be spouting that when day 2 rolls around. This is just stalling.

Do you want me to sign an MS Paint contract?

The logic that we're using right now to justify moving on can only be used Day 2/3/4/5/6/etc. if another Day Vig offs someone who was gonna win the vote anyway.

As for you specifically, I don't know what I see in your posts that nobody else sees, but my gut is telling me you're mafia and I'm going to stick to that unless gives me a batsnacks metldown-tier reason.

Why on earth would a meltdown give anyone confidence? I have no reason to cause a meltdown. I sort of lost my cool at Blarg's behavior, but I've learned to live with it and stay focused.

Karkador

Banned
I'm not sure what kind of mental gymnastics these are, but everybody playing mafia fears for their lives. I say things as if I'm going to die in the night phase because it could happen.

And oh, yeah, if I'm going to die anyone, might as well tell my team to do something stupid.

You cut a promo at me, stating that you were basically mad that I was gonna probably kill you.

I'm not gonna kill you, dude. I'm trying to reassure you.

Sorian

Banned
And someone already did die. The person who died was already going to die via votes. Town already made the choice. Can we PLEASE move on to the part of the cycle where people start getting info, so that Town may act a little more informed?

We did get info though. We know that batsnacks was telling the truth the whole time (except his one white lie in an attempt to save himself for one more day) that's important to the proceedings. We, effectively, get a do-over to try to get more information before mafia comes in here and does a kill that will probably get us nothing. They aren't going to kill anyone high profile because they know that those high profile people will end up being talking points all day on the next day phase. The only information we will have for day 2 is probably what we receive by lynching, PRs aren't going to be able to supply anything of value after one night.

I know you just posted above me, but this post tells me everything I need to know. You've gone from wanting to sacrifice yourself to prevent a heavy mislynch to trying to appeal to my self-preservation or something to keep you alive.

I'm doubling down on this. Whatever happens, no ragrets and hopefully you guys give me a speedy execution if Kark turns out to be town.

Karkador

Banned
Yes, I don't contend most of the things you've said about me are true, you are obviously trying to portray lynching as a bad thing when it is not, I am all for getting lynches in because that is how we kill scum. Scum isn't just going to roll over and die on it's own, town has to actively work towards it. So yes, I'm happy to lynch things, go figure, that's how I kill scum and I want to kill scum.

Sorian, the basic gist of Mafia game balancing is that when you give Town the tools to kill outside of their allotted 1 lynch per day, it's usually there as a ballast to fuck them over a bit.

It was crazy for this Day Vig to pop their power today, but it's gonna be even crazier to try for another lynch on top of that. The likelihood of hitting Town PR is high on Day 1. That is the basic truth of Mafia games, Sorian. You know this.

But I know that you don't really care who lives or dies.

Just take your prize and go, Sorian. You earned it. Congrats.

0KJm9Bd.png

Sorian

Banned
The likelihood of hitting Town PR is high on Day 1. That is the basic truth of Mafia games, Sorian. You know this.

I've never said to the contrary, as a matter of fact:

After killing a jailer though, I think we still need to make use of this time with another role flip but I would like it to be as inoffensive as possible if it ends up being town again.

Which is why I'm only interested in you or cabbeh for this day 1 part 2 lynch. If I vote for either of you and you both happen to be town then I'm either hitting the miller or an ordinary townie, both are worthless (the ordinary townie is worth even less because he has role claimed). Past that, if I get a choice between the two, I just trust cabbeh more than I trust you.

Karkador

Banned
I know you just posted above me, but this post tells me everything I need to know. You've gone from wanting to sacrifice yourself to prevent a heavy mislynch to trying to appeal to my self-preservation or something to keep you alive.

I have given you plenty of logical reasoning. The "self-preservation post" was to reassure you, in case you're worried this is a ploy to kill you, it's not. We need to relax, end the day, and come back to this with more information. Your emotional overreactions and Sorian's cynical bloodlust are lending absolutely nothing to Town's self-preservation.

I'm doubling down on this. Whatever happens, no ragrets and hopefully you guys give me a speedy execution if Kark turns out to be town.

Okay, Mr. "Look at the Kark and his pity party". You've tripled down on this already. Quadrupled, maybe.

Launch, you're wrong. Trust me on this. You're too short-sighted to see what's going on here. Give me until Day 2. It's going to look really bad if you don't.

Karkador

Banned
I think of it like this. We are in Day 2 now, and NFA forgot to put in their kill order.

Okay. Are you a Power Role? DId you receive any juicy infolast night? Does it affect how you're proceeding today? No? Right. We're still in Day 1.

Am I going to have to go after you, too, Ouro?

I have given you plenty of logical reasoning. The "self-preservation post" was to reassure you, in case you're worried this is a ploy to kill you, it's not. We need to relax, end the day, and come back to this with more information. Your emotional overreactions and Sorian's cynical bloodlust are lending absolutely nothing to Town's self-preservation.

Okay, Mr. "Look at the Kark and his pity party". You've tripled down on this already. Quadrupled, maybe.

Launch, you're wrong. Trust me on this. You're too short-sighted to see what's going on here. Give me until Day 2. It's going to look really bad if you don't.

Why would I think that lynching you and my death are connected? Do you know something I don't?

I'm as down on this as I can be. I'll face the consequences, even if it's getting turbo'd. I don't care.

Karkador

Banned
Which is why I'm only interested in you or cabbeh for this day 1 part 2 lynch. If I vote for either of you and you both happen to be town then I'm either hitting the miller or an ordinary townie, both are worthless (the ordinary townie is worth even less because he has role claimed). Past that, if I get a choice between the two, I just trust cabbeh more than I trust you.

Cabbeh is a much better choice. I wouldn't push to get him out just yet, but it's a much better choice. You know this.

Sorian

Banned
I think of it like this. We are in Day 2 now, and NFA forgot to put in their kill order.

Probably the best way to put it honestly.

That was me actually:

Your point has merit and I agree that it's almost as scummy as someone playing the whole pity party card but I see no reason to go along with Kark's proposal at this time. We have plenty of time left in this day phase and all of the actors haven't even made it to the show yet.

Sorian

Banned
Okay. Are you a Power Role? DId you receive any juicy infolast night? Does it affect how you're proceeding today? No? Right. We're still in Day 1.

Am I going to have to go after you, too, Ouro?

lol, you're just straight up trying to scare people who vote for you? What makes you so sure that a PR is going to get anything juicy anyway?

Cabbeh is a much better choice. I wouldn't push to get him out just yet, but it's a much better choice. You know this.

No, I don't know this because I think you are scum, I actually trust cabbeh's miller claim as much as I can at this juncture.

Sorian

Banned
Wrong quote about the pity party, sorry:

I'm sorry but it seems like the general consensus is that people have been understanding Blarg perfectly fine so you are mostly odd man out there. I've called him on it once or twice on very specific posts but at the end of the day, he's easy to read in this game so far. In terns of the bolded, none of the pity party shit or I'll be happy to vote for you faster, I've learned enough to know not to trust that at all.

Karkador

Banned
I'll make sure to remind you while you're in the grave how much information we'll have on Day 2.

Spoiler alert:
we won't have jack shit, just like in EVERY. OTHER. GAME.

Then why the fuck you pushing for a lynch today, Launch? Oh my god. Ohhh myyy godddd it's like I'm explaining it to you like you're 5 years old for 5 days straight, how could I not vote for myself or request a modkill to end it all at this point?

Then why the fuck you pushing for a lynch today, Launch? Oh my god. Ohhh myyy godddd it's like I'm explaining it to you like you're 5 years old for 5 days straight, how could I not vote for myself or request a modkill to end it all at this point?

Sounds like I'm winning.

I would be ok with a modkill.

Two crucial pieces of information come from lynching you.

1. You are either town or mafia.
2. If you're town, then I'm either super incompetent or mafia, so I should die next phase.

That's plenty of information right there, don't you think?

2. If you're town, then I'm either super incompetent or mafia, so I should die next phase.

And if you're mafia, then I'd be looking pretty good and mafia would probably kill me either this night phase or the next because I'd have too much cred.

Karkador

Banned

#2 is already quite apparent. Wanna start the vote now?

Sorian

Banned

This bothers me about you. Why would we kill you on incompetence? We might kill you because we think you are scum pushing an agenda but there is no reason to kill someone just based on incompetence. We are trying to kill scum not town.

This bothers me about you. Why would we kill you on incompetence? We might kill you because we think you are scum pushing an agenda but there is no reason to kill someone just based on incompetence. We are trying to kill scum not town.

Kark would have you believe that, and I would certainly feel incompetent. But no, I doubt that would be the primary reason.

Sorian

Banned
I'm going to bed, hi european friends. Do us a favor and don't turbo the vote. Never know when someone will say something important.

Karkador

Banned
I'd also like other Town voices (you know who you are) to come in. Sorian and Launch are hardly the voices of reason.

We got our Day 1 lynch. Let's move on to Day 2, Town. We really don't want to make any more bad moves today.

SalvaPot

Here is another scenario.

None of you 3 are mafia and the real mafia is just laughing its ass off looking at you dumbassess fight it out.

Karkador

Banned
That's entirely possible, but it certainly only reinforces that we shouldn't try offing anymore people today. (and that mafia will likely push for it anyway)

cabot

Here is another scenario.

None of you 3 are mafia and the real mafia is just laughing its ass off looking at you dumbassess fight it out.

Hey I know we're going at each other pretty hard just now, but I do think this is a legit possibility!

cabot

Post-battle reads starring the warboys:

Sorian
I read as town before, I still do. D1 so obviously the gut instinct isn't anywhere near to a certainty, but with regards to his batsnacks vote. I thought the entire point (which he brought up) was that he wanted to see how others were voting, and if they'd stick to their convictions and choices. That's why he left it so late. He definitely mentions that in a post at the time of the vote. Easy to miss what with Blarg making his mess with the highlight tags.

Launch
Launch is probably the player which i have the weakest read on. I think he's a man of conviction. Which can be incredibly powerful, or incredibly dangerous (I think batsnacks showed both sides) My gut reads as town, I struggle to think a mafia would go all in aggressive this early in the game. I'm awkwardly perched he thinking this chase of Kark is a waste because...

Karkador
I think he's town. One hell of a bizarre town play, but town. I mean I'd easily give him my vote for his behaviour after my claim, it went to comical panto villain levels. I just don't feel confident that he'll flip anything other than town. Do i think the lynch is still worthwhile?

Yes, because we've gotten to a point much like batsnacks where if he stays around he'll always be a point of discussion. A cop could investigate him to clear but:

1. I hope, after bringing the point up in my claim, that the cop doesn't actually claim to reveal this. This would mean we'd never really know Kark's alignment until a bit later. Will Kark be alive by then?
2. I'm obviously going to be lynched at some point, but I feel between us, I'm probably going to be trusted a little bit more than Kark over here, mainly because I don't have the two most active posters constantly going for my throat. For that reason, I feel Kark going before me is better for the group, because I don't see Launch or Sorian backing down.

I think despite my arguments, Salva isn't really getting any traction for a lynch today. I think a No Lynch would have been an option if we weren't in this great battle between Launch, Sorian and Kark. This is the reality though, I genuinely think this discussion will be troublesome onward unless one of them goes. The one I think has contributed the least positively out of the three is Kark.

I'll put my vote on him if need be. I obviously won't now because he's already got a number.

Darryl

Banned
I think despite my arguments, Salva isn't really getting any traction for a lynch today. I think a No Lynch would have been an option if we weren't in this great battle between Launch, Sorian and Kark. This is the reality though, I genuinely think this discussion will be troublesome onward unless one of them goes. The one I think has contributed the least positively out of the three is Kark.

I'll put my vote on him if need be. I obviously won't now because he's already got a number.

It's incredibly dangerous with how short this game is. It can detract us into infinity. This is pretty much why I'm torn in on Launch. He's the scariest if left on the table, but there is no traction for him whatsoever. The fact that there is no traction just scares me further. This is a fucking mistrial against Kark.

cabot

It's incredibly dangerous with how short this game is. It can detract us into infinity. This is pretty much why I'm torn in on Launch. He's the scariest if left on the table, but there is no traction for him whatsoever. The fact that there is no traction just scares me further. This is a fucking mistrial against Kark.

It is dangerous and it sucks, but I can't see these guys just backing down if Kark makes it through today. This will go on. You saw how El Topo derailed two days play in Archer, this could be worse because we have much more chatty people. It'll be pages of this.

I mean a no lynch here would be the best option for town in the crux of the entire game, but then I'm putting trust in people to lay off of Kark.

I'm not going after Launch yet because active players are better early, they get scrutinised more later down the line. So yeah, Darryl. Scrutinise the shit out of these chaps when I die, thanks!

Darryl

Banned
I'm not going after Launch yet because active players are better early, they get scrutinised more later down the line. So yeah, Darryl. Scrutinise the shit out of these chaps when I die, thanks!

You're not going to die if you don't get an NX. Give it a year or two and the scalpers will have calmed down.

I think it's interesting that you and other (at least Ouro as well) are openly afraid of their death. I can feel the same vulnerability. I actually think I'm more afraid of others dying and being left with even more of this.

cabot

You're not going to die if you don't get an NX. Give it a year or two and the scalpers will have calmed down.

I think it's interesting that you and other (at least Ouro as well) are openly afraid of their death. I can feel the same vulnerability. I actually think I'm more afraid of others dying and being left with even more of this.

I'm not afraid of death, my role claim pretty much guarantees I'll be lynched within a few days at most.

Darryl

Banned
time can we please get some reads on everybody asap. launch & kark & sorian no spam, don't interrupt this game-changing solstice

cabot

I guess this would be the perfect time to ask our new line buddy for some reads and thoughts of the situation so far, in no less than 2600 words.

Top Bottom