• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Timeaisis

So be it.

I still want the rest of you to TURBO Burbeting today, we don't need a Triumvirate of Listers commanding us all the time.

I don't know if you've noticed, but none of the current candidates for votes have anything to do with the Circle of the Three or whatever the hell your calling them. People were suspicious of Kark well before Sorian/Burb/Fireblend started doing their reads. Same with you. And bats.

Just because they like listing stuff doesn't mean we're all getting commanded by them. I agree with you and Kark's point about them conveniently not suspecting eachother, but it doesn't seem by any means enough to turbo an unknown quantity today.

Also, there are three of them. Unless you are saying you think all three are NoFun, lynching one of them isn't a very high probability of hitting mafia EVEN IF one of them happened to be one.

So why the big push to kill one of them off? Because you don't like them "controlling" the game?

Can you define Planking for me, Blarg?

Is it just laying down and dying?

Sbqb9mL.jpg

What a pretty landscape

What do you mean it's made of Snoop Dogg

Nah I don't see it, it must be a landscape

Anyway,

Can't speak for Blarg, but lynching me today is what I'd call a "little bet". It's a pretty small return, if any. I think the people pulling the strings are aware of this.

*blank stare*

You say the weirdest shit dude.

Next time the mod gives you a mafia role, just tell them "no thanks"

Sorian

Banned
Kark is at 6 now, right?

UNVOTE

Only in the interest of avoiding a turbo situation just to get the most out of this final hour and a half. I still think Kark is our best bet for today. Might as well just get the flip out of the way so then you all can start the tackle on me if he flips town. He keeps going for any out that he can after originally putting himself up as a sacrifice and it reads scum to me the more he does it. I'm willing to bet on it.

I don't know if you've noticed, but none of the current candidates for votes have anything to do with the Circle of the Three or whatever the hell your calling them. People were suspicious of Kark well before Sorian/Burb/Fireblend started doing their reads. Same with you. And bats.

Just because they like listing stuff doesn't mean we're all getting commanded by them. I agree with you and Kark's point about them conveniently not suspecting eachother, but it doesn't seem by any means enough to turbo an unknown quantity today.

Also, there are three of them. Unless you are saying you think all three are NoFun, lynching one of them isn't a very high probability of hitting mafia EVEN IF one of them happened to be one.

So why the big push to kill one of them off? Because you don't like them "controlling" the game?

No, I HATE their potential to control the game.

Everyone's assuming that just because they make good lists, that they're 100% FunTown. We're all just stupid proxy soldiers in their proxy war of lists and it's annoying the Fuck out of me.

Timeaisis

Anyway,

Can't speak for Blarg, but lynching me today is what I'd call a "little bet". It's a pretty small return, if any. I think the people pulling the strings are aware of this.

So what would you have us do, then?

You're clearly not going to be able to start a bandwagon against Fireblend in the time we have left. It's just not possible. What's our best bet given the circumstances?

Can we get a vote count?

Karkador

Banned
So what would you have us do, then?

You're clearly not going to be able to start a bandwagon against Fireblend in the time we have left. It's just not possible. What's our best bet given the circumstances?

Can we get a vote count?

No lynch, preferrably with a tie of some sort. I've been pushing that for a while now. Just because I don't want more Town to die doesn't mean I don't want the votes on record.

Timeaisis

Everyone's assuming that just because they make good lists, that they're 100% FunTown. We're all just stupid proxy soldiers in their proxy war of lists and it's annoying the Fuck out of me.

I don't think anyone is making that assumption. Most people are seeing them as "likely town". But it's D1, Blarg. Those kind of players always fly under the radar on D1, because they are giving reads, which is the #1 town shield for D1. We will examine them further in the coming days.

You just bringing this up is changing history. I feel like you should have a gif for that or something.

Negative. I happen to agree with most of what you said, but I will get to it after this phase.

Sorian

Banned
Shall we turbo Blarg?

Not today, Blarg hasn't convinced me of an alignment one way or another and he's claimed ordinary and serial killer so he is probably neither of those. I'd rather hold him for now.

The Fireblend vote is symbolic, and I'd just as easily have it on Sorian. I probably should just leave it on Sorian.

Feel free, everyone is aware you don't like the tri-pod of Sorian/Fire/Burb and Blarg already copied your reasoning exactly so it probably doesn't matter which of us holds your vote at the end.

Not today, Blarg hasn't convinced me of an alignment one way or another and he's claimed ordinary and serial killer so he is probably neither of those. I'd rather hold him for now.

Feel free, everyone is aware you don't like the tri-pod of Sorian/Fire/Burb and Blarg already copied your reasoning exactly so it probably doesn't matter which of us holds your vote at the end.

Is "pain in the ass" an alignment we lynch on?

Karkador

Banned
I don't lynch people for being a pain in the ass. I lynch them because I think they are scum or because I think their death will assist town.

Except you and Launch talk over people's own reasoning of why they assist Town. How much a player assists Town is up to the individual, not someone else's assessment of them.

Sorian

Banned
Except you and Launch talk over people's own reasoning of why they assist Town. How much a player assists Town is up to the individual, not someone else's assessment of them.

Actually, I believe that how much someone helps town is up to a majority vote to decide. Just because you say you are playing a long term secret gambit doesn't mean we all need to stop and believe you. Yes, I personally don't believe you, but it seems like there are plenty others that don't either.

We lynched Blarg in Cthulhu for that reason.

I didn't. I lynched him because his death was a utility for town's benefit. But, that is an ongoing game so let's drop that string of logic anyway.

I don't think anyone is making that assumption. Most people are seeing them as "likely town". But it's D1, Blarg. Those kind of players always fly under the radar on D1, because they are giving reads, which is the #1 town shield for D1. We will examine them further in the coming days.

You just bringing this up is changing history. I feel like you should have a gif for that or something.

That's why I want to swing my Fuck at them NOW, before they gain any more of the stupid consumers' trust with their list cover

And this isn't the first time I've brought this point up :/ But here's a GIFt for you for finally noticing

hSKrOwC.gif

Negative. I happen to agree with most of what you said, but I will get to it after this phase.

Is there something you see that the rest of us don't that's going to let you survive that long?

Karkador

Banned
I do what now?

Let me state it another way.

I know what I am, and I know what I want to do in this game's daytime discussion. If Town doesn't trust me on that, that's understandable. That's my fight, and I don't mind creating a ruckus to leave evidence.

It's still Day 1. You and Sorian and the rest of the supposed Town players don't know anything about me. What makes you any better of a judge of my intentions and character than them?

Timeaisis

Blarg, I think you're gonna need to write a post with hashtags or something for me to understand why this needs to happen today.

That's why I want to swing my Fuck at them NOW, before they gain any more of the stupid consumers' trust with their list cover

And this isn't the first time I've brought this point up :/ But here's a GIFt for you for finally noticing

Is there something you see that the rest of us don't that's going to let you survive that long?

You brought this too the town too late dude.

Yes, dude, I can see the future with my crystal ball and I will survive the night phase.

Let me state it another way.

I know what I am, and I know what I want to do in this game's daytime discussion. If Town doesn't trust me on that, that's understandable. That's my fight, and I don't mind creating a ruckus to leave evidence.

It's still Day 1. You and Sorian and the rest of the supposed Town players don't know anything about me. What makes you any better of a judge of my intentions and character than them?

Nobody has said this. Most everyone thinks I'm crazy to be this sure. I haven't even said this.

Sorian

Banned
Super-excited. Kark's vote for himself was clearly a symbolic gesture - I highly doubt he actually wants to vote for himself. It got people talking, at least.

I'm pretty sure Kark actually did hard claim and did vote himself too. He formatted the vote correctly and everything. I might have seemed excited but honestly I was annoyed. I don't like when people play against their win condition, which if Kark is town I believe he is doing, even if it's supposed to be some symbolic gesture.

Kark says he notices a pattern in games where townies are unnecessarily aggressive toward each other and it creates an environment where mafia can blend in by hiding behind innocent townie mistakes. He votes himself in a symbolic gesture, stating "come at me, if you want to mislynch someone, mislynch me." His solution to the problem of unnecessary aggression is for everyone to either work together AND NO-LYNCH, or to lynch an innocent townie (him).

Unvoting was a gesture more than anything. I have more votes on me now than him.

The unvote was a gesture.

One vote =/= a lynch. You said it yourself; it was a symbolic gesture, and I did it early enough to have time to work through the reasoning why. I'm not suicidal.

It was a gesture

What is it with all the gestures in this game?

Blarg, I think you're gonna need to write a post with hashtags or something for me to understand why this needs to happen today.

Don't forget you're scum, so try to act town. Lynch a town PR or something.

On it.

zaYVqGk.gif

This expansion pack is whack.

How about we REALLY drop the vanilla content for a bit and REALLY get to the new stuff?

I propose that we ACTUALLY kill one of the "Three Guardians"; Sorian, Burbeting and Fireblend, today. Do we really need three "experienced" long-form readers anyway, when there could be NoFun amongst them? Why should we allow these three to guide the discussion with their oh-so-valued lists and reads un-harried? We should break them apart before they consolidate their positions any further, and with minimal to no questions asked.

Yes, I'm proposing that we should just TURBO one of them right now before they fully entrench themselves in your minds, with absolutely little to no justification whatsoever. It's Day 1.5, it's still early-game and we can totally take the loss of one such type of player. If they are indeed NoFun and do bear some association with each other besides the mutual coincidence of divine camouflage, it will be nigh impossible to kill them off during the Daytime due to their perceived clout.

The Three Guardians, 1 Face and 2 Ears:

1. Sorian
pFOTQMg.gif

Blargonaut [m] - See my Bold Prediction™ under Salva. Blarg is worrying me because this isn't normal Blarg posting. This is a Blarg that wants to live and not get policy lynched because of mass confusion. It's just Blarg enough to be Blarg but not Blarg enough that you can't read the posts. Honestly, I'm reading this as either Blarg has attained a new form because he wants to stick around in games longer or he had to tone it back because he is finally a bad guy. Verdict:Another day

Burbeting [m] - Quiet but when you are here, YOU. ARE. HERE. You might even have a big post waiting once I get out of this one. You keep up with the thread when you can and add your thoughts in a clear and concise manner. I have no read on you yet because your first post was more summary than thoughts but I expect you to pick up as more happens. Verdict: Wait and see approach

Fireblend [m] - I don't have a lot to say on Fire but if him and Bats or scum then he is starting that bussing process early. Fire has been the little voice urging me on a few times in this thread. I'm inclined to trust him on nothing more than gut feeling right now but there always comes a time where I have to question the voices in my head. Verdict: Keep offering insight

2. Burbeting
lxyurFA.gif

Blargonaut [m] – It feels like Blarg has some legitimate things to say about the game, but for some strange reason he wants to say those by posting them in an really unneeded cluttered manner. He was one of the more vocal defenders of Bats during the late vanilla day 1. I feel really divided about him in general. He has good ideas and thoughts, but he posts them in sometimes so weird manner that it’s just frustrating to read his posts and try to make sense of them. Also not really of the way he keeps doing vote spamming.
Verdict: For now leans to town, but man, I would love if you could write in bit more cohesive manner.

Sorian [m] – One of the Four Turboposters (others are Launch, Ouro and Blarg). I have to admit that I have no enthusiasm to read through all of his around 350 posts or so. In general he has been quite contributive player, which makes me mostly think that he is more likely town-aligned. It’s day 1 though, so it’s bit hard to say for sure. There is quite a lot of filler in there though.
Verdict: Feels more town for now. Posts ridiculous amounts, not sure if it’s even a good thing really.

Fireblend [m] – Like few others, he is blending in the game, not giving too much contributions. His posts aren’t fillery, but at the same time they haven’t really brought anything new to the table either. As I noted earlier, I’m bit vary of people in day 1 who feel like they blend in, since Scum could want to do that. But at the same time, I do feel that Fireblend has not done anything overtly scummy other than being really kind of invicible.
Verdict: Town-ish, but suspecting.

Town: Cabbeh, Sorian, Ourobolos, Blargonaut
Town, but with Scum possibility: Lone_Prodigy (depends on Karkador)
Neutral or Not Enough Info: TheGoddamn, Karkador, Launchpad, RetroMG
Suspecting at least a bit because blending: roytheone, Darryl, Fireblend, SalvaPot

3. Fireblend
CURWPx7.gif

Blargonaut [m] – Started so well and went back to his old ways as soon as the end of the day approached, which coincided with both people talking about how he seemed reformed and votes started to solidify. He's an enigma to me. I think he has some real insight into the game and can read people really well, but if he's not willing to be an asset to town, or is hiding a scum identity behind his mad posts (specially his teasing of Launch and the vote confusion he was attempting to create) I think he's more of a liability than anything. I defended him early in the thread because it seemed to me like he was being forthright and contributive, but after today's display I wouldn't be willing to bet on his goodwill anymore.

Sorian [m] – Very contributive, seemingly very pro-town. Mostly avoided taking part in the Kark-Launch-Bat debacle which allowed him to make some comments as an observer solidifying those 3 as the "players to watch" for day 1. If they all end up flipping town I'd honestly be a bit worried about him potentially focusing on them 3 as easy targets in order to remove attention from himself while commenting on players who pretty much lined up to be lynched. In Cthulhu I found his excessive posting aggravating, but in this game it feels like he's doing it to keep up, since there are other similarly active players. He throws some wild theories from time to time. I have no idea for example how he came up with the idea that Kark may have a PR of some sort.

Burbeting [m] – He hasn't posted that much but yet he has gained a ton of trust with his contributions. Regardless of whether he's town or not, he plays how I'd like to play. Still, his posts feel somewhat judgey and removed from the action, as if he was just observing what's going on without engaging much, making sure he's at a distance from the action. It's only day 1 and I can't expect everyone to be a major actor this early but I do find it curious how he managed to gain trust early on with the early Darryl proto-bandwagon.

People I feel I can trust for now: Sorian, Cabbeh, Launch
People that have left me expecting more from them: RetroMG, Darryl
People I don't feel super about: Kark, Salva
I don't have super strong feelings about anyone else.

Excepting Burbeting's and Fireblend's mutual mild suspicion of each other, the three of them are all hugs and kisses and I don't like it, and I especially don't like them liking me at all. They all think that I, one of the biggest distractions in the game thus far, am FunTown. But wait, isn't distracting people during the Daytime exactly what NoFun wants and pines for? Seems kinda strange to me that all three of them don't want me dead just yet, especially after all the filthy, filthy bullshots I've passed around. There's NoFun amongst them, I feel it. I also know that Sorian is using me in a way the other two aren't, which is why he's the only one out of the three who hasn't asked me to tone my antics down.

Of course, the question is who to TURBO. At the moment, each one is just as equally valid for no reason at all, so I propose to bestow a chance mortality upon Burbeting.

He is the highest ranking of the three in terms of read quality, with Sorian being second and Fireblend being third. Burbeting offers overall very excellent reads and I sincerely believe he invests quite a bit of time into the game behind-the-scenes, which is exactly why I want to remove him from the pantheon.

I personally do not want to contend with a fully-entrenched Burbeting/Sorian/Fireblend tag-team where Burb and Fireblend are the Ears and Sorian is the Face, and drown in a hurricane of positive reinforcement and back-slapping between them. If him and Sorian happen to be both NoFun, they could easily coordinate this game because you've all proven yourselves to be a bunch of gormless bandwagoners who respect nothing but girth. They're patient and experienced, which is why we need to pre-empt this potential collusion.

Also, here were the Guardians' earlier opinions on Karkador and LaunchpadMcQ:

Karkador [m] - I still think I read what you were trying to do correctly and that's why I wanted to attempt to lynch you today. batsnacks has drawn enough of my attention that I think it is fair to go down that road first now and you seem to agree. If I'm wrong about you then no big loss but if I'm right, you will be the perfect lynch candidate on a day where we don't have much to go on. Verdict: Still deciding who should go first, cabbeh or Kark

LaunchpadMcQ [m] - No hard feelings m8? I enjoyed your tunnel game on Kark and I know I'm giving you a hard time but the way you handled it reads as town to me. You fell in on a mistake but you eventually backed down when it stopped making sense after holding on to it for awhile. I know you might still end up voting for Kark today and that is 100% a-ok because you might be right but you've started seeing the other views which I don't think you were doing before. I do now honestly believe that you and Kark are barking up the wrong tree on each other but let's see how day 1 ends. My opinion could change pretty easily on the love triangle. Verdict: Town

Karkador [m] – Karkador is a problematic figure for me. I’ve talked about his earlier stunt multiple times now, but I will say it again: I don’t understand his earlier stunt from either Town nor Scum perspective. If he is Town, he is just drawing unneeded attention, making himself a big fat target and also possibly give Mafia hints. But if he is scum, it would be stupif for a scum to basically give himself for a sarcrifice. I know Launch has told me multiple times Scum wants to subvert expectations, but I still can’t see how scum would want endanger himself so visibly. Looking past his stunt, Kark hasn’t done anything really substansial in the thread at least in my eyes. Lot of posts, but most of them have been on the short side, and he has seemed oddly ”whatever” about his life or death status in general, to the point that he has even voted himself multiple times, last time at the extended day 1. Would a scum really be this relaxed about his status of life and death? First time he could have been sure that LP would save him from trouble, but why is he so care-free now in the extended period as well? I don’t know, something stinks here.
Verdict: I’m going to say neutral here. The stunt and his later actions could really go either way. Something is really odd about his attitude in this game.

LaunchpadMcQ [m] – One of the four turboposters. Also one of the love triangle also known as Launchy-Karka-Batsy. One of them is confirmed to be town, so naturally sights go to Launch. What’s interesting that he has seemed to be utterly confident on his scum reads so far, even though he was saying earlier that day 1 is dismissable. He went as far with his earlier Karka obsession that he signed the weird form Sorian made. Then with Batsnacks he was again super sure that he is scum as well. In general Launch has felt like the leading force of the day together with the other super-hyper-poster, Sorian. Something about him feels off, but I really can’t pinpoint what it is.
Verdict: Neutral-ish, something about him is problematic to me. Is also one of the two living participants in the love-triangle.

Karkador [m] – I mentioned him earlier as one of my suspected players but then again that's not a particularly unique opinion to have. His roleclaim and sacrifice offer was silly; he could have seen early on there was no point to defending a no-lynch day 1, and from any perspective offering to yourself as a sacrifice *and* role-claiming is a detriment to whichever faction you're playing for. Maybe he's a neutral player, but I tend to think neutral players are often encouraged to gain some trust from other players before attempting to satisfy their win condition, and I don't think a tanner-like win condition is likely in this game. He could have also offered himself to see who'd vote for him, but I don't think we'll get solid reads from that strategy unless we lynch either him or Launch. I think he's town.

LaunchpadMcQ [m] – I already said I feel he's well-intentioned even though he was aggressive when pushing against Kark. If we lynch Kark and he flips town I'd just call the "triangle" theory a wash and not pursue Launch much honestly; I don't feel he's been particularly out of line, and there's people like Salva or Blarg that I trust much less because of the tone of their posts. Anyway, back to Launch, I trust for now he's a town who became convinced of Kark being scum and his willingness to keep an eye on him and accept responsibility for whatever comes out of lynching him makes me think well of him.

Sorian and Fireblend are all lovey-dovey with LaunchpadMcQ, and I don't like it. I've inferred that I think LaunchpadMcQ is scum NoFun since the start, and I believe one of these three is colluding with him. Since Burbeting is the only one who seems to openly suspect LaunchpadMcQ, I want to TURBO Burbeting.

None of you, except for me and Darryl and a few reactionary parries from Karkador who by the way is still advocating a No Lynch today, are openly willing to kill LaunchpadMcQ for some reason, and it really bothers me.

I know Karkador has been skirmishing with Sorian for a bit now, but I'm putting myself forward too to finally go toe-to-toe with them to help Karkador with what I believe his initial goal truly was, of killing a champion by Daylight.

Let's TURBO Burbeting, right now.

VOTE: Burbeting

TURBO
TURBO
TURBO

#Howaboutnow?!

Top Bottom