• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Karkador

Banned
200w.gif

I said my gut was set on you for some reason. That is all.

emotional appeals = the best way to play mafia, clearly

Burbeting

Banned
Hi guys, I have a massive headache and I'm also trying to make dinenr for myself, but I'll read through the posts and try to say here at least something soon.

Karkador

Banned
In addition to your behavior and stupid ass plays.

Yet, for some reason, a lot of other people are voting for you too. Fancy that.

Did you know that in the popular game Mafia, the majority of players start with almost no information, and are easily swayed by people who have perhaps a little more information?

Fireblend

Banned
Alright, as promised, here's my opinion on what I missed last night. After this post I'll catch up again and maybe post some more, but I already mention some of the post-Blarg-post here. Also, good to have you here Timeaisis, I can see we're gonna be good friends.

So, I don't want to have my vote go unused. I've played enough that I know it might always be my last. The way I see it, the two options are No Lynch and Kark. Let's see what Kark has been saying:

Mostly he goes after Sorian, who is the other player apparently incapable of sleeping:
(...) you make posts where you're like "yeah, Kark, that's a good point, I agree....except for this one part". Really, the overall impression I get of your actions is that you want to push a bunch of buttons and get people in trouble, but stay in the middle, inoffensive as much as possible until the circus animals start humping and fighting to the death.
(...)
You are the tippity-top poster in this thread, and nobody has even thought of voting for you. Nobody remains a Niño lindo in these games. Something is up with you. You are blending.

I know I'm currently under fire for "admiring" Sorian, but I'm not going to hold back my thoughts so that if I die at least you guys will know I was being 100% honest here. I don't see what Kark is saying here. Pushing a bunch of buttons is just standard Sorian. I already called him out on staying in the middle of things - in fact I believe he's not part of the "love triangle" because he was its main proponent, but I feel that if anyone other than Sorian had come forward with the idea we might as well have been talking about a love square because he was at least as active as Bat in that conversation even though he didn't push one way or the other. He felt like a firestarter, and like I've said several times, if Kark flips town I'd be interested in following that line of thought. But "pushing buttons" and "getting people in trouble" is about what I expect from Sorian on D1. I also wouldn't call Sorian inoffensive, Kark certainly seems threatened by him.

I think Kark's other argument has a lot more validity, which basically was a combination of accusing Sorian of blindly wanting another townie death and saying this extended day limbo we're in is bad for town and we should end it with a no lynch vote.
It's not the same, and your insistence on making it look the same worries me.
Why you wanna throw a Town member under the bus, Sorian? What is the downside to waiting until tomorrow?
So basically, whatever flips, you're happy? Yes, of course you are. Mind you, hoping for an override is also just hoping for even more destruction.
As for today, I feel like we're done. The Day 1 already lynch happened, because even though a PR executed him, batsnacks was the winning vote anyhow. This extra 24 hours is weird, and it's too easy to rush to a second judgment with more or less the same set of information.

I agree with all of this. Sorian's attitude is some sadistic Nagito stuff, thinking that deaths, no matter the flips, will lead us closer to the truth. I know that we should expect misfires in the first couple of days, but being so openly in favor of lynching people you lean on being town is just weird. Sorian has a history in getting caught up with his ideas and having them blow up in his face.

I've already said that it wouldn't surprise me if he flips town.
Explain again what you think is scary about me? That I want to push votes and I don't mind who dies? Both are true, to a point. I am pushing votes because town's usual only real way to kill scum is to day lynch them.

As for not minding who dies? Yeah, to a point.

I think the attitude is worrying, but it's an attitude I'm willing to tackle on another day because I don't think Sorian going blindly after another player is what is going on here. I feel he's justified. Kark's been second on my suspicions list for a reason; he did something stupid early in the day, created a black hole from which neither of us could escape, role-claimed and then offered himself up to be sacrificed. I... what? If it wasn't for the fact that we got distracted by other roleclaims Kark would be gone right now. Kark's arguments would ring truer if he was defending anyone other than himself. But he's not a player who gets to cry about someone putting the nose on his neck when he was the one that tied it.

In the end, I just don't trust Kark. Even if he's town, and his recent actions have made me think twice about that (not the focus of this post but whatever) he just seems like he's throwing shit to the wall now and seeing what sticks. I think it's incredibly telling that he was saying this some hours ago:

I'm just going to dangle your "hammering" of batsnacks in front of you until you stop pretending you're a great player.
You "hammered" him, silly. If you're so above me in player skill, why'd you not only follow my vote, but buy at least some of my rhetoric, and finish what I started?

The answer is that you don't care.
Why you wanna throw a Town member under the bus, Sorian? What is the downside to waiting until tomorrow?
I'd also like to remind everyone that I'm still very much for not lynching anyone. We got our information-packed kill today. Let's move on to Day 2 and sober up.

And yet has a very different tune now...

Cabbeh is a much better choice. I wouldn't push to get him out just yet, but it's a much better choice. You know this.
VOTE: Burbeting
Let's get some actual work done.
Blarg, I think we should start with Fireblend
Maybe we should just go for Sorian since there's already a collection of weird activities around him

That is some hard backpedalling.
Also, I agree with Roy's comment here:

The fact that this threads is dominated by this one subject worries me, and I fear that keeping all of you three here for another day will be bad for town. If you all still live during day 2, that day will just continue the pattern and be almost exclusively about this subject AGAIN, Launch is going to vote for kark, kark is going to defend himself, and we will have another 5 pages of back and forth. I would rather spend day 2 talking about other, new things.

I want to get this talk about the triangle and Kark's play over with. Thanks Kark, for trying to find scum in the hubris of a bad play. I don't think it worked that well. Let's gather the reads we can from your death and move on.

I'm not going to vote for Kark yet because that'd bring him one vote away from ending the day, and I really want to see where Blarg and Kark's thoughts end up at. It seems like excellent analysis material.

*snip*

I agree with all of this. Sorian's BLARGONAUT'S attitude is some sadistic Nagito stuff, thinking that deaths, no matter the flips, will lead us closer to the truth. I know that we should expect misfires in the first couple of days, but being so openly in favor of lynching people you lean on being town is just weird. Sorian BLARGONAUT has a history in getting caught up with his ideas and having them blow up in his face.

*snip*

THAT'S MINE, FIREBLEND, GIVE IT BACK OR I'M TELLING ON YOU

Fireblend

Banned
yeah that cabbeh #2, he sure knows his stuff.

Me and roy are so in sync, we're actually wearing each other's underwear.

Don't tell Blarg though, otherwise we're next.

Yeah, I agree with that Sorian quote too.

Wait, what?

THAT'S MINE, FIREBLEND, GIVE IT BACK OR I'M TELLING ON YOU

First you call me an experienced player, call my posts "good" and "influential" and now demonstrate having read my analysis enough to quote and do a fun quip about it? I'm flustered <3

Karkador

Banned
I agree with all of this. Sorian's attitude is some sadistic Nagito stuff, thinking that deaths, no matter the flips, will lead us closer to the truth. I know that we should expect misfires in the first couple of days, but being so openly in favor of lynching people you lean on being town is just weird. Sorian has a history in getting caught up with his ideas and having them blow up in his face.

Yes, exactly, thank you.

I think the attitude is worrying, but it's an attitude I'm willing to tackle on another day because I don't think Sorian going blindly after another player is what is going on here.

It's Sorian going after anyone, not another specific player. It's a kill-crazy rampage. I'm guessing Neutral of some kind, but it could also be that the other Mafia are either a) right in his lap, like a little dog (Launchpad), or b) not being too active, for whatever reason.

In the end, I just don't trust Kark. Even if he's town, and his recent actions have made me think twice about that (not the focus of this post but whatever) he just seems like he's throwing shit to the wall now and seeing what sticks.

This is exactly my intention, and if you don't mind me saying, I think it's working - better than just flipping a Town member for whatever that's supposed to be worth. We flipped one and it's pretty much gotten us nowhere.

That is some hard backpedalling.
Also, I agree with Roy's comment here:

Let's be honest - a Sorian vote probably isn't going to gain traction, but it doesn't stop me from putting in the vote and making the posts for future reference. He's on top of the game, and it's dangerous stuff for Town.

I want to get this talk about the triangle and Kark's play over with. Thanks Kark, for trying to find scum in the hubris of a bad play. I don't think it worked that well. Let's gather the reads we can from your death and move on.

We'll see

Sorian

Banned
It's Sorian going after anyone, not another specific player. It's a kill-crazy rampage.

I'm not going after anyone though? I've made it quite clear who I am interested in during this last part of day 1 and it is only two players. I would also never follow through on a vote for Ouro, Burb, Fire, L_P, Darryl, Retro, Timeaisis, or Roy at this time. You keep trying to paint me as some sadist that is just willing to hang anyone from the noose but that isn't the case, I do partake in madness but there is a method to what I am doing. I am scum hunting through and through.

Karkador

Banned
I'm not going after anyone though? I've made it quite clear who I am interested in during this last part of day 1 and it is only two players.

It's the manner in which you've done it that's telling.

I would also never follow through on a vote for Ouro, Burb, Fire, L_P, Darryl, Retro, Timeaisis, or Roy at this time. You keep trying to paint me as some sadist that is just willing to hang anyone from the noose but that isn't the case, I do partake in madness but there is a method to what I am doing. I am scum hunting through and through.

Then you're doing the same thing I am. Cease and desist, Hammer Bro

Burbeting

Banned
Okay firstly, Blarg, I’m willing to have a good long conversation about the topics you brought up, since there is some real legitimate points here. I hope you do understand that this is day 1, and nothing is final, even though you sound want to sound like me, Sorian and Fireblend are suddenly going to get some sort of great pile of trust thrusted on us for some strange reason.

As to your reasons for going all turbo on me, my reads and lists are my legimitate thoughts about the game so far. University is fucking up my schedule right now so I can’t really comment on things real-time like some other players here can. But I do want to comment on everything, so it leads to long lists and analysis posts. As to why some of my thoughts align with Sorian and Fireblend, I cannot say, I can’t read their thoughts.

I do like that you gave us your thoughts in lot more cohesive and narrative manner this time, I appreciate that.

---

Kark is still confusing me. I still can’t see him as scum, but at the same time, but he still seems somehow super arrogant, and I really can’t pinpoint the reasons for it. Like someone else said (I think it was Ouro? Or was it Sorian) he acts like pieces are falling into places like he dictates somehow. It’s kind of odd behaviour.

Sorian

Banned
Then you're doing the same thing I am. Cease and desist, Hammer Bro

I truly believe someone still needs to die today, not for any self serving goal like you seem to think but because it gives us more to go on tomorrow. I think it has to be you or cabbeh but, if I had to choose between you two, you are more likely to flip scum than he is.

Sorian

Banned
Kark is still confusing me. I still can’t see him as scum, but at the same time, but he still seems somehow super arrogant, and I really can’t pinpoint the reasons for it. Like someone else said (I think it was Ouro? Or was it Sorian) he acts like pieces are falling into places like he dictates somehow. It’s kind of odd behaviour.

That was Ouro, I do expect an "all according to keikaku" post from Kark but Ouro was the one calling out that behavior.

Karkador

Banned
I truly believe someone still needs to die today, not for any self serving goal like you seem to think but because it gives us more to go on tomorrow. I think it has to be you or cabbeh but, if I had to choose between you two, you are more likely to flip scum than he is.

You and Launch eating that carrot together is going to be an awkward scene

Top Bottom