• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Timeaisis

DkkPkPH.png
I feel left out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tried and true GAFia tradition of vanillizing games as fast as possible.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm glad GAF is getting better and better at this game.

Oh, wait.

CzarTim

As the sun rises and the group crawls out of their tents, the game store manager arrives to check on the proceccedings.

"Ah, so, uh, three names gone. Okay. Still not enough, so... keep, uh, doing that then," he says. He then puts down the clipboard and returns inside.

Three names?

Sure you all had agreed to vote out the weird texting kid, and of course there was that whole business with the overdose. But who removed the other name?

Ourobolus has been removed from the list

Ourobolus said:
Ordinary Kid
You are so ordinary, you don’t even get flavor.

You are a Fun-aligned (Town) Ordinary Townie.

Thanks to some RNG bullshit, you have not been given a role even though we all know you would have played way better than the people who got one.

You win if all No-Fun-Allowed-aligned players are removed from the list.

Day Two has begun!

Seven votes needed for a majority.

t1441645200z1.png

Wow. I was pretty convinced there weren't ordinaries in this, too...

Dammit though, I trusted Ouro more than you other guys. Except LP, I guess.

Sorian

Banned
*Double author's note*: Please read the author's note below and this whole post to see why my initial reaction was pure rage. Yes, I did target Ouro last night with something. No, it is not what killed him. I'm still planning to role claim today anyway, it's just now I have no one to help me verify my claim.

------------------

*Author's Note*: This was a pre-written message that I clicked submit on the second that I saw that neither myself nor Ouro died. Any reaction to who died or no death in the night will come from my next post. I just wanted to make sure that I got my post in before Ouro said anything.

First off, obligatory Kark is a dick post. He played a self-fulfilling prophecy game all day where he started off by saying that Gafia sucks at day 1 lynch and they always kill town and usually kill a PR. Ok, great, the hope during day 1 though is that the PRs will try to fly under the radar and not do something stupid to get attention on themselves that leads to a lynch or a role claim like voting for themselves hot out of the gate and making everyone swarm like locusts because they keep posting cryptic shit about how everyone will be sorry when they die or bandwagoning any other player that starts to get votes rolling on themselves. But I'm done with Kark, I gambled and I lost so I get to deal with that fall out.

The way I see it, there's little chance I was going to make it through today without roleclaiming so I figured I'd do something with my night action (aw yeah, that soft claim baby) that would help verify my claim a little bit. I chose Ouro to be my verifier because I think most, if not all, of us can agree that he came out of day 1 looking the most town, he could be scum, of course, and if so, I am probably fucked but hey, why not follow up one gamble with another? I was actually thinking Burb originally because he seems most town to me but Kark and Blarg have shot that down since they pushed a narrative that Burb, Fire, and I are some super team trying to lead the world.

So, my question: Ouro, can you please confirm that you woke up with something today? Assuming I was not roleblocked, Tim should have sent you a message about what you woke up with. Please just a yes or a no to this question, when I end up role claiming later, you can at least partially verify that I am telling the truth about my ability. This is my plea to you Ouro, if you think that I was honestly scum hunting yesterday than play along and give me this chance to avoid town wasting time on another non-NFA lynch today.

roytheone

Wooo, new "number of people you outlived" record! :)
Sucks about Ourob though, wasn't part of my suspect list at all :(

Wow. I was pretty convinced there weren't ordinaries in this, too...

Dammit though, I trusted Ouro more than you other guys. Except LP, I guess.

Eeeeeeeeeeeh, Why? This seems a pretty vanilla game to me for now?

I'm leaning towards pursuing Sorian or Salva today. Sorian to fulfill Kark's dying wish, Salva for my own reasons.

I said I'd prepare a post for today, but I decided against it to see what the climate for today is. I'm expecting to have to defend myself today.

Sorian

Banned
Pretty amazing mafia targeting considering sorians post

Not really, he was the "most town" out of everyone playing. I figured he was a prime hit since he didn't make a lot of connections with himself and we killed batsnacks which was his main target but I was hoping mafia would go for something less obvious because I needed the "most town" person to back me up.

cabot

Huh, I don't think I like this post because I know where it's going. It's good for me if I'm right but might not be best for the overall town game.

To be more specific, I gave him something which now he can't verify but yes, my "target" was Ouro last night.

My main question is why were you so unwilling to lay your vote down for kark? Doing it for batsnacks was alright with the reason you gave. I don't understand why it happened again with kark

roytheone

Great, the day is only 5 minutes over and we already have 2 people claiming they have a PR! Crab is probably going crazy right now if he is watching.

Well, at least nobody is straight away calling me scum.

I'm not sure how much stock to put into batsnacks' list. The dude melted down for no reason.

I claimed a PR yesterday.

Hey, Blarg, weren't you the one who supported NOT lynching batsnacks the verifiable jailer, only for him to turn out to be an actual FunTown jailer?

Sorian

Banned
My main question is why were you so unwilling to lay your vote down for kark? Doing it for batsnacks was alright with the reason you gave. I don't understand why it happened again with kark

Your wording is confusing me. Do you mean why I was unwilling to drop the Kark subject and not vote for him? Or why did I wait until the final moments to reapply my Kark vote?

Sorian

Banned
You wasted your role on a role claim validation test? What the fuck?

I did, it'll make sense why later.

Second one

I didn't want the day to end early. The only time I want the day to end early is if it is completely obvious that someone is scum so like a Tim situation in DR game or more recently, a Mike_Hawk situation in Archer. I figured if Kark really was super important he would do something other than make us feel bad in the last few moments or maybe someone else would say something stupid near the end.

Top Bottom