• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

roytheone

Ok, I fucked up hard. I admit it. But not for the reasons you guys are thinking.

I'm a prankster kid. I get to switch the actions that occur to two different players during the night.

I thought Ouro with his self-fulfilling prophecies was going to be killed tonight, and I tried to save him using my powers... by switching him with Sorian, someone I was already super suspicious of, who I knew the discussion would center around today.

Turns out, however, that scum didn't target Retro like I thought it would... I guess it targeted Sorian, and I indirectly killed Retro by redirecting that kill command towards him instead. I thought I'd use that knowledge to my advantage today, but now the tables have turned. Sorian, with my switch command, if you really did give Retro something, I could have made it so that you'd target yourself... of course the person who can validate me is the one person I now know for sure is scum.

Hey, i guess at least you guys get to kill Sorian when I flip town. Yipee.

Guess we'll see what happens now.

VOTE: SORIAN

Retro? What has Retro to do with any of this?

Sorian

Banned
I have no issue turboing Fireblend because as I said earlier, I have no issues ending a day early for confirmed scum. I believe Burb's claim and because I know what I am, I know that means that Fire must be the killer (or there is a ninja and EVERYONE AND THEIR FUCKING MOTHER visited Ouro last night).

Don't confuse Burb for a protector of myself, I have to claim anyway.

My role is the Rich Kid. I am spoiled because my parents buy me whatever I want, including the newest NX console last week, along with the awesome Xbox One and the PS4. They can buy me anything I want except for friends. My role is that of the neutral survivor. Also, because I have no friends (and here's the part where Tim is a dick and no one believes me), I've developed weird hobbies and habits. One of those habits is that I believe everyone should be allowed to identify however they like, even if they feel like they should have been born as a cow. I have one night action. I am allowed to LICK another player and in the morning, they will wake up with a cowlick. I have two win conditions, if I meet either then I leave the game. The first is your typical survivor schtick. If I make it to the end of the game, then I win because I got to spend a lot of time with everyone and make new friends. The second is if everyone else in the game (I can't lick myself) has a cowlick then I am satisfied with my cow persona and I also win that way.

So there you are, have my claim, and know that I do play with the intention of killing scum. I'm not the type of player who can make it to the end of a long game so I did what any good neutral player would do. I 100% sided myself with town and am hoping we can end this swiftly and quickly.

I took awhile writing this up just now, I saw something else posted I want to respond to.

Burbeting

Banned
Ok, I fucked up hard. I admit it. But not for the reasons you guys are thinking.

I'm a prankster kid. I get to switch the actions that occur to two different players during the night.

I thought Ouro with his self-fulfilling prophecies was going to be killed tonight, and I tried to save him using my powers... by switching him with Sorian, someone I was already super suspicious of, who I knew the discussion would center around today.

Turns out, however, that scum didn't target Retro like I thought it would... I guess it targeted Sorian, and I indirectly killed Retro by redirecting that kill command towards him instead. I thought I'd use that knowledge to my advantage today, but now the tables have turned. Sorian, with my switch command, if you really did give Retro something, I could have made it so that you'd target yourself... of course the person who can validate me is the one person I now know for sure is scum.

Wait a minute. You say you changed Sorian and Ouro (I presume you mean Ouro and not Retro), and then the mafia tried to kill Sorian instead? And this is why you think Sorian is scum?

Why do I not understand the logic of this.

Sorian

Banned

First off, what does Retro have to do with anything? Second off, bullshit. I targeted Ouro last night and I've already received back the information that my action FAILED last night. If you were a switcher then my action would not have failed.

Fireblend

Banned
Wait a minute. You say you changed Sorian and Ouro (I presume you mean Ouro and not Retro), and then the mafia tried to kill Sorian instead? And this is why you think Sorian is scum?

Why do I not understand the logic of this.

I realized this myself just now lol. Yeah, I have no idea what's going on, ugh.

Fireblend

Banned
First off, what does Retro have to do with anything? Second off, bullshit. I targeted Ouro last night and I've already received back the information that my action FAILED last night. If you were a switcher then my action would not have failed.

Now I'm not sure if I should believe you and Ouro died through some other means. Could there be any sort of stealth killer role?

Tim, is there any way to know what a switcher's actions would resolve to in the scenario that Sorian would give someone something and then I'd switch that someone with who he gave it to?

Darryl

Banned

Well if you got redirected back at yourself than your action probably did fail. Can you target yourself?

roytheone

So you are saying the mafia targeted Sorian, thus killing Ourob.......but the only 2 that visited Ourob are you and Sorian, that would make Sorian the killer that tried to kill.....himself, because they didn't know they got switched by you. Thats bullshit.

vote: fireblend

Sorian

Banned
Now I'm not sure if I should believe you and Ouro died through some other means. Could there be any sort of stealth killer role?

Tim, is there any way to know what a switcher's actions would resolve to in the scenario that Sorian would give someone something and then I'd switch that someone with who he gave it to?

I still think you are the killer but I actually realized what your switcher post was supposed to say. My action failing would also make sense in that case because I can't lick myself. That being said, I still think you are a liar and I know you are the scum for the day. If I'm wrong then great, I die tomorrow I guess but then at least they would all know there was a ninja.

CzarTim

RpKzKc4.png

7 votes needed for a majority.

t1441645200z1.png

Sorian

Banned
It would explain the somewhat-contradictions of Fire writing Retro when he was meaning Ouro and the contradiction that Sorian would have killed himself, maybe.

I was so focused on writing out my role claim (I didn't have that pre-written cause I thought this was going to be a long day of scum hunting and I wasn't planning to claim right this second) so excuse me for missing these inconsistencies in his post. Yes, further bullshit, I would have killed myself in that scenario.

Fireblend

Banned
I still think you are the killer but I actually realized what your switcher post was supposed to say. My action failing would also make sense in that case because I can't lick myself. That being said, I still think you are a liar and I know you are the scum for the day. If I'm wrong then great, I die tomorrow I guess but then at least they would all know there was a ninja.

If you're wrong, yet another PR townie is lost and then you're most likely down 2 other players against whatever amount of mafia players there are on day 3, one of them a stealth killer.

Sorian

Banned
If you're wrong, yet another PR townie is lost and then you're most likely down 2 other players against whatever amount of mafia players there are on day 3, one of them a stealth killer.

I don't think I'm wrong, what you've said didn't make any sense to me and I think it's because Burb got you reeling real quick. You scrambled to get a role together because you would have had no reason to think someone watched the kill happen and it came out sloppy.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm guessing Sorian's claim could be checked next night if he would lick someone who he thinks is not a scum and won't die next night.

roytheone

I'm guessing Sorian's claim could be checked next night if he would lick someone who he thinks is not a scum and won't die next night.

Yeah, I am in favor of Lynching fire, testing sorian his claim, then if both of them turn town, we know there is a stealth killer (or you are lying, but I kind of doubt that right now).

A stealth killer? Considering the number of interesting roles in this game, I wouldn't put it past Tim, but stealth just makes NFA way too strong. The fact that 3(?) of them can continue to night-kill until they're all gone (and can likely pass off the kill to one of them, making it hard to roleblock/watch) is already an advantage.

VOTE: Fireblend

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah I guess that slip didn't help me. If I was coming up with a fake roleclaim, why would I have entertained the possibility of lying about Retro there though? I was mentioning who Sorian gave the item to. That's not something that was up for discussion :p

Yeah I guess that slip didn't help me. If I was coming up with a fake roleclaim, why would I have entertained the possibility of lying about Retro there though? I was mentioning who Sorian gave the item to. That's not something that was up for discussion :p

The problem isn't Retro, it's that your claim doesn't make any sense in the sequence of events.

I'm ok with turboing Fireblend, but I'd rather everyone agree to that before doing it.

Darryl

Banned

He could have licked someone who was scum. In fact, going by his role he should have. They would simultaneously have to admit it, and they'd probably last longer. Add this in to Sorian waiting for Burb to speak up. All so fishy.

Sorian prewrote out a post first thing, yet he is now trying to use handwriting of posts as some kinda cred that clears him and outs another? If he was coming fully clean like we believe why would he not also have his role reveal ready?

roytheone

The problem isn't Retro, it's that your claim doesn't make any sense in the sequence of events.

I'm ok with turboing Fireblend, but I'd rather everyone agree to that before doing it.

If we turbo Fire, we should also decide who we want Sorian to lick (eeeeewh, I can't believe I just typed that). I don't want to let make Sorian that decision himself for the chance he is actually the scum here.

Sorian

Banned
He could have licked someone who was scum. In fact, going by his role he should have. They would simultaneously have to admit it, and they'd probably last longer. Add this in to Sorian waiting for Burb to speak up. All so fishy.

Sorian prewrote out a post first thing, yet he is now trying to use handwriting of posts as some kinda cred that clears him and outs another? If he was coming fully clean like we believe why would he not also have his role reveal ready?

I had no intention of role revealing until near the end of the day phase. That's basically why I told you to go fuck yourself. As far as I'm concerned though, this day phase can end whenever now and I didn't want the day phase to end without me claiming cause then scum might NK me thinking my night action is something important.

Burbeting

Banned
This is true.

You and Burb could be bussing him to gain cred with 2 elaborate roleclaims and one that crumbles under scrutiny.

If I and Sorian were bussing Fire together, that would mean Sorian's claim would most likely be fake (why would scum give a cow kiss? I guess it's possible). If Sorian's claim is fake, it would be eventually found out.

Sorian

Banned
If we turbo Fire, we should also decide who we want Sorian to lick (eeeeewh, I can't believe I just typed that). I don't want to let make Sorian that decision himself for the chance he is actually the scum here.

I'm not going to listen to whoever you say. Scum might just decide to NK the same person so that no one can verify again and I'm pretty sure I'm fucked if that happens again.

I'd rather Sorian not lick me. It's not lost on me that I was not a viable target last night because I could just as easily have shown up today and gotten a lot of flack for laat days decision, but I'm on the table again. Mafia might think that since I got away with that, I might as well die. I won't be able to confirm it if that happens.

Darryl

Banned
I had no intention of role revealing until near the end of the day phase. That's basically why I told you to go fuck yourself. As far as I'm concerned though, this day phase can end whenever now and I didn't want the day phase to end without me claiming cause then scum might NK me thinking my night action is something important.

It doesn't explain your need to go for the towniest of towns to test your claim (if you are indeed acting pro-town as a self claimed neutral) when if instead you could have went for the scummiest and had they lied (which they'd have no reason to anyways as it is incriminating), you would have outed scum.

UNVOTE

Before we turbo Fireblend, we should go back and look at what happened before Burb claimed.

-There was early pressure on Sorian.
-Blarg wanted to focus on Launchpad.
-Sorian made a soft claim.
-To this point, Fireblend and Burb were relatively quiet. They had long reads on Day 1 but weren't under suspicion.

I'll have to think so more on Burb's claim. It seems generous, basically offering up scum on a silver platter (Fireblend's defence didn't help). But it seems too easy.

Fireblend

Banned
Ugh. I should have just been a good ordinary townie and kept my ability to myself. Only way I could have avoided this mess. Hey, at least I made it to day 2 this time. *shrug*

Darryl

Banned
As of right now, neither Sorian's actions line up nor Fireblend. I do think Ouro was a great switch, doctor, and watch target though. Judging by the fact that he wasn't docced, I'm inclined to think switching was actually possible but Fires explanation is very sloppy.

I have no issue turboing Fireblend because as I said earlier, I have no issues ending a day early for confirmed scum. I believe Burb's claim and because I know what I am, I know that means that Fire must be the killer (or there is a ninja and EVERYONE AND THEIR FUCKING MOTHER visited Ouro last night).

Don't confuse Burb for a protector of myself, I have to claim anyway.

My role is the Rich Kid. I am spoiled because my parents buy me whatever I want, including the newest NX console last week, along with the awesome Xbox One and the PS4. They can buy me anything I want except for friends. My role is that of the neutral survivor. Also, because I have no friends (and here's the part where Tim is a dick and no one believes me), I've developed weird hobbies and habits. One of those habits is that I believe everyone should be allowed to identify however they like, even if they feel like they should have been born as a cow. I have one night action. I am allowed to LICK another player and in the morning, they will wake up with a cowlick. I have two win conditions, if I meet either then I leave the game. The first is your typical survivor schtick. If I make it to the end of the game, then I win because I got to spend a lot of time with everyone and make new friends. The second is if everyone else in the game (I can't lick myself) has a cowlick then I am satisfied with my cow persona and I also win that way.

So there you are, have my claim, and know that I do play with the intention of killing scum. I'm not the type of player who can make it to the end of a long game so I did what any good neutral player would do. I 100% sided myself with town and am hoping we can end this swiftly and quickly.

I took awhile writing this up just now, I saw something else posted I want to respond to.

I know you're scum now unless Burb really is a crafty fuck so I'm not talking to you anymore.

VOTE: FIreblend

But no, what I give isn't exactly an item.

Alright so, I was not going to roleclaim this early in the game, but I feel like it’s the right thing to do because we have only 12 players, 3 of them is potentially mafia, four in worst case scenario. What this means is we don’t have exactly lot of time in this game, and now that our cop and the roleblocker dead, we are at a heavy disadvantage.

So here it goes, hope I don’t make the wrong decision here. I am the Younger Sibling. As the younger sibling, I have the power to tag along with people very discreetly since nobody never notices the younger sibling.

So in short, I am the town watcher. Why I claimed this now is because I watched Ourobolos last night, since I felt that he might get murdered most likely next night.

And yes indeed, two people visited Ourobolos. They were none others than Sorian and Fireblend.

Now, I wasn’t going to reveal myself now because I thought that Ouro was not going to die, and that one of the characters would be the killer and one of them would be a doctor. However, Ourobolos actually did die, so doctor didn’t visit him, that’s for sure. And now Sorian made his soft claim immediatly, and for now I am willing to believe him about it.

So that leaves us Fireblend then.

Vote: Fireblend

There is a slight chance that Sorian is lying about his claim, but right now I am very sure that Fireblend is a scum.

Again, I feel that this claim is now needed, because we don’t exactly have lot of time to accidentally mis-lynch people.

FmNhcCe.png

CAST IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE

• Burbeting is claiming to be a FunTown Watcher, who watched Ourobolus last night, and is now voting for Fireblend.
  • Fireblend is claiming to be a FunTown Switcher, who switched Ourobolus with Sorian last night, and is voting for Sorian.
  • Sorian is claiming to be a Neutral Survivor Cow who can win by either vanilla Surviving to the end, or by bestowing a 'Cow Lick' mark on 1 player a Night (except for himself) until everyone else in the game has been licked/marked, and who has not stated who he Licked last night; and is voting for Fireblend.
And; not only is Burbeting claiming that he saw 2 people visit Ourobolus last night, he is also claiming that he POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED these 2 by username as none other than Sorian and Fireblend, the other two Prime Evils besides himself?

#ALRIGHTYTHEN

Sorian, you're clearly doing it wrong; you should have role claimed as a FunTown Doctor who protected cabbeh last night, and vote for Burbeting.

¬_¬

LaunchpadMcQ is Mc'Loving this.

Sorian

Banned
It doesn't explain your need to go for the towniest of towns to test your claim (if you are indeed acting pro-town as a self claimed neutral) when if instead you could have went for the scummiest and had they lied (which they'd have no reason to anyways as it is incriminating), you would have outed scum.

I am acting pro-town but I do have my own win condition here. It was unlikely I was going to guess scum correctly and even if I did, they would probably have no reason to lie. The thing is, you all had the highest chance of believing Ouro. let's say I licked Launch. If he came back and corroborated my story, would you have believed it or would you have thought it was two scum making up a story? I thought Ouro vouching for me was my best bet.

UNVOTE

Before we turbo Fireblend, we should go back and look at what happened before Burb claimed.

-There was early pressure on Sorian.
-Blarg wanted to focus on Launchpad.
-Sorian made a soft claim.
-To this point, Fireblend and Burb were relatively quiet. They had long reads on Day 1 but weren't under suspicion.

I'll have to think so more on Burb's claim. It seems generous, basically offering up scum on a silver platter (Fireblend's defence didn't help). But it seems too easy.

I know I'm under scrutiny here but a word of advice. One thing I've been seeing a lot of, town lets a verified scum sit around wiggling all day while the town continues to drop information after information just to feed the scum for their next night kill. That's why I like to turbo if it is obvious who is scum. Day 3 (day 4?) of DR should have had no discussion IMO, they should have turbo'd Tim ASAP and let the scum fumble in the dark some more (hope that's ok as an example since it is a concluded storyline).

Sorian

Banned
[*]Sorian is claiming to be a Neutral Survivor Cow who can win by either vanilla Surviving to the end, or by bestowing a 'Cow Lick' mark on 1 player a Night (except for himself) until everyone else in the game has been licked/marked, and who has not stated who he Licked last night; and is voting for Fireblend.

I did state who I licked last night. I targeted Ouro. Unless someone else wants to come in and bullshit with us and say they got my lick instead but I already know it failed, no one got that cowlick. I'll lick again tonight, hopefully my guess is better this time.

I propose this:

Lynch Fireblend.

Let Sorian do his cowlick - and so help me god, if the next cowlicked person dies, I will turbo you. You can't target Burb, either.

We'll from there.

Darryl

Banned
I would have agreed with any other player in this game corroborating your story, because I do not know who the fucking mafia is and wasting my mind away on a shit role with some verification is not what I (or anyone) would do.

roytheone

I'm not going to listen to whoever you say. Scum might just decide to NK the same person so that no one can verify again and I'm pretty sure I'm fucked if that happens again.

Fair enough, as long as you target someone that is pretty trusted by everyone I guess I can be OK with that. And if the person that confirmed you ever flips scum for some reason, we will know where to look next.

Top Bottom