• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Darryl

Banned
I did, it'll make sense why later.

I didn't want the day to end early. The only time I want the day to end early is if it is completely obvious that someone is scum so like a Tim situation in DR game or more recently, a Mike_Hawk situation in Archer. I figured if Kark really was super important he would do something other than make us feel bad in the last few moments or maybe someone else would say something stupid near the end.

No. You posted the garbage already. It needs to make sense now.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, this doesn't really change my mind set at first glance, so here goes (don't worry, not roleclaiming lol). Pre-typed message below:

=======================

Oh god, new day already. Bye bye productivity.

Obligatory "what the hell was up with that disaster of day 1" paragraph. Goddamnit Bat and Kark. 2 good town PRs down due to ridiculous misplays (almost 3 if we count L_P's use of his one shot).

Sorian, no doubt by the time I post this you will have already said something, but I promised if Kark flipped town I'd be suspicious of you, and so I am. Work me through your logic for lynching Bat and Kark again just to go through the motions (consider it a gesture, if you will), and accept my heartfelt congratulations on a magnificent spree if you indeed turn out to be scum. I'm not voting for you or applying more pressure than this for now, because I admit I haven't really gone back through the thread after Kark flipped, but know that you're my main focus of interest at the moment.

Some thoughts:

- Should we give any validity to Kark's last statement about us having to lynch Sorian? I don't think ignoring it is the way to go, but I don't think he had any sort of super definitive info either.
- I'm sure someone will keep an eye on him anyway so I'm not too worried, but I don't think Launch was anything other than a overly excited townie going after the mother of all misplays.
- Is there any way to work L_P's use of his (supposedly) one shot as a mafia play? Or was he just as misguided as I believe Launch was? Just want to cover the bases.
- What happened to TheGoddamn? (maybe Tim will have answered this by the time this is posted)

I can't wait to see what sort of madness awaits us this day.

===============

Blarg, now that your posts seem intelligible, would you mind providing reasoning for the names you posted?

Sorian

Banned
I'm pretty wary about Sorian's role claim, because how convenient he used it on the dead guy

Sure, I could have also just not made that post. Odds are there is no watcher in this game and if there is, then further odds say it's unlikely they watched Ouro. (Same with a tracker and tracking me) But I still posted what I planned to post because when I claim we will have a new dilemma and I'm trying to garner good will.

I wonder how much useful information we have to go on.

We got rid of two town PR's yesterday. Both did themselves no favours by playing like scum, so it's hard to discern a voting pattern or level of aggression from their executors. A third townie, who was above suspicion all day, was offed.

I have to say, NFA has us exactly where they want us. Now we're going to get a few more role claims and may end up lynching another Fun aligned person, though the odds are a bit better in our favour due to a smaller Fun pool.

Sure, I could have also just not made that post. Odds are there is no watcher in this game and if there is, then further odds say it's unlikely they watched Ouro. (Same with a tracker and tracking me) But I still posted what I planned to post because when I claim we will have a new dilemma and I'm trying to garner good will.

It's a zero sum game, is my point.

I THINK WE BOTH SAID IT AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER

EHHH, IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE AMIRITE

LET'S REDIRECT THE CONVERSATION AWAY FROM HOW EVERYBODY ELSE PLANKED BATSNACKS AND KARKADOR NOW

Keeping away from early town railroading is mafia 101 m8

Darryl

Banned
I'm gonna come back to the plankers just let this role stuff work it's magic. A new day in gafia, a new 5 roleclaims

Fireblend

Banned
I'm pretty wary about Sorian's role claim, because how convenient he used it on the dead guy

This goes without saying. It also goes without saying that he's trying to get ahead of it by seeming honest by claiming. And it also goes without saying it's potentially some reverse psychology shit.

cabot

Surely doing your deed on me would have been a good idea? If I denied receiving itit it's scummy and lynch worthy, if not, it's a good sign of mild trust.

There was no way in hell I was getting killed last night. Bad call.

That's for sorian

I THINK WE BOTH SAID IT AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER

EHHH, IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE AMIRITE

LET'S REDIRECT THE CONVERSATION AWAY FROM HOW EVERYBODY ELSE PLANKED BATSNACKS AND KARKADOR NOW

Alright, let me just get one thing out of the way first:

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

roytheone

Surely doing your deed on me would have been a good idea? If I denied receiving itit it's scummy and lynch worthy, if not, it's a good sign of mild trust.

That's for sorian

Maybe the deed would give you something that Sorian didn't want a potential Scum to have? With the way he is currently being vague about his power, we really are just speculating about what it is exactly.

Sorian

Banned
Sorian, no doubt by the time I post this you will have already said something, but I promised if Kark flipped town I'd be suspicious of you, and so I am. Work me through your logic for lynching Bat and Kark again just to go through the motions (consider it a gesture, if you will), and accept my heartfelt congratulations on a magnificent spree if you indeed turn out to be scum. I'm not voting for you or applying more pressure than this for now, because I admit I haven't really gone back through the thread after Kark flipped, but know that you're my main focus of interest at the moment.

I stand by both of my decisions. Bat read scum for me most of the day, his jailer claim sounded like bullshit and I subscribed more to a theory that handing out cigarettes was either a poisoner or arsonist role. After he died, I am still a staunch believer in making the most out of daytime lynches so I felt Kark was the best because after his little stunt at the beginning, he was either scum playing a dangerous game or a townie that was useless. Of course, he sure showed me with that gambit.

It's a zero sum game, is my point.

Sure, but I'm trying to be transparent in my attempts here. I'm going to have to be transparent for most of the day anyway.

Quoting yourself as a means of "I told you so" doesn't help anyone, Blarg. Kark and batsnacks were town that played like scum. You throw enough words around, you'll find something that sticks.

Since we killed town that played like scum, let's focus on scum playing like town.

VOTE: Sorian

Burbeting

Banned
Alright so, I was not going to roleclaim this early in the game, but I feel like it’s the right thing to do because we have only 12 players, 3 of them is potentially mafia, four in worst case scenario. What this means is we don’t have exactly lot of time in this game, and now that our cop and the roleblocker dead, we are at a heavy disadvantage.

So here it goes, hope I don’t make the wrong decision here. I am the Younger Sibling. As the younger sibling, I have the power to tag along with people very discreetly since nobody never notices the younger sibling.

So in short, I am the town watcher. Why I claimed this now is because I watched Ourobolos last night, since I felt that he might get murdered most likely next night.

And yes indeed, two people visited Ourobolos. They were none others than Sorian and Fireblend.

Now, I wasn’t going to reveal myself now because I thought that Ouro was not going to die, and that one of the characters would be the killer and one of them would be a doctor. However, Ourobolos actually did die, so doctor didn’t visit him, that’s for sure. And now Sorian made his soft claim immediatly, and for now I am willing to believe him about it.

So that leaves us Fireblend then.

Vote: Fireblend

There is a slight chance that Sorian is lying about his claim, but right now I am very sure that Fireblend is a scum.

Again, I feel that this claim is now needed, because we don’t exactly have lot of time to accidentally mis-lynch people.

Sorian

Banned

That's for sorian

There is still the chance that you are scum. I do believe you but calling miller early day 1 is still a good place for scum to hide. I'm fucked if the person who received my action decided to lie about it when it comes to me verifying my role and sure, I'd get lynched and that person would probably get lynched next for lying once I flipped but it was still my main worry. That's why I wanted Burb or Ouro who I'm convinced are/were town.

Fireblend

Banned
Bat read scum for me most of the day, his jailer claim sounded like bullshit and I subscribed more to a theory that handing out cigarettes was either a poisoner or arsonist role.

So you're saying you believed there were two item-giver roles in the game, Bat and yourself? For the record.

I agree with cabbeh that he was a safer pick as a verifying target. I think he's being honest with his claim and has been playing like someone with nothing to lose.

Bias aside, I would've also been a good target, as a PR with a confirmed and consumed action.

Sorian

Banned
Alright so, I was not going to roleclaim this early in the game, but I feel like it’s the right thing to do because we have only 12 players, 3 of them is potentially mafia, four in worst case scenario. What this means is we don’t have exactly lot of time in this game, and now that our cop and the roleblocker dead, we are at a heavy disadvantage.

So here it goes, hope I don’t make the wrong decision here. I am the Younger Sibling. As the younger sibling, I have the power to tag along with people very discreetly since nobody never notices the younger sibling.

So in short, I am the town watcher. Why I claimed this now is because I watched Ourobolos last night, since I felt that he might get murdered most likely next night.

And yes indeed, two people visited Ourobolos. They were none others than Sorian and Fireblend.

Now, I wasn’t going to reveal myself now because I thought that Ouro was not going to die, and that one of the characters would be the killer and one of them would be a doctor. However, Ourobolos actually did die, so doctor didn’t visit him, that’s for sure. And now Sorian made his soft claim immediatly, and for now I am willing to believe him about it.

There is a slight chance that Sorian is lying about his claim, but right now I am very sure that Fireblend is a scum.

Again, I feel that this claim is now needed, because we don’t exactly have lot of time to accidentally mis-lynch people.

Fuck, my guess was right then. I would have preferred if you didn't do this.

So you're telling me that the ENTIRE Circle of Three visited Ourobolus last night?

pls Burb

pls

Sorian

Banned
So you're saying you believed there were two item-giver roles in the game, Bat and yourself? For the record.

I know you're scum now unless Burb really is a crafty fuck so I'm not talking to you anymore.

VOTE: FIreblend

But no, what I give isn't exactly an item.

Burbeting

Banned
Fuck, my guess was right then. I would have preferred if you didn't do this.

We have only 12 players left, and if we have four scums, we don't have no time to waste at all. In any other situation I would have not done this, but the town really made their possibilities of winning very small in just a one day.

Scenario 1: Burb is telling the truth, Fireblend is NFA.

Scenario 2: Burb is lying and conveniently saves Sorian from claiming by verifying his action (and having a vague "I targeted Ouro" post very early to get ahead of such a claim). Fireblend is a town PR.

SalvaPot

Oh man, I was thinking about getting Sorian because his claim was a bit convenient, but your role makes it make sense. I think its funny how 3 different PR´s went for launchpad, and assuming you are saying the truth it makes sense that two of them are town and one of them is mafia, since it would be dumb for mafia to use 2 different PR´s if they are going to kill a guy.

I am with you here, Sorian soft-claim deserves a vote of faith, this also lits a fire under fireblend because he has been mostly on the borders all the game.

Scenario 2: Burb is lying and conveniently saves Sorian from claiming by verifying his action (and having a vague "I targeted Ouro" post very early to get ahead of such a claim). Fireblend is a town PR.

Scenario 3: Burb is lying on Fireblend's behalf so we lynch Sorian

SalvaPot

I agree with cabbeh that he was a safer pick as a verifying target. I think he's being honest with his claim and has been playing like someone with nothing to lose.

Bias aside, I would've also been a good target, as a PR with a confirmed and consumed action.

We are still not 100% sure your role is Fun aligned, I do think it is tho.

Burbeting

Banned

Scenario 3: Sorian is lying with his claim and was actually the killer. Fireblend would be a PR. After all, I didn't see what their roles were, I just saw the two of them visit Ourobolos.

SalvaPot

The second scenario is dumb, because the second we see Fireblend is PR that means

1) Sorian is the real NFA and Burb had a 50/50 chance of voting the right person

2) Both of them are NFA so town gets to lynch two players.

Either way its a Win (Fire is mafia), a Lose/Win/Lose(Only Sorian is mafia, but we lynch all three), or a Lose/Win/Win (Fire was fun, but not the others).

In any circumstance we get one good lynch.

Addendum to Scenario 2: we already have a pro-town jailer, a pro-town cop (with 3 shots, to be fair), and a one-shot pro-town day vig. If Sorian isn't lying, that's 4 roles with some sort of action. Burb makes 5. If we believe Launchpad, that's 6.

So are we really saying that 6/15 roles in this game are pro-town with some sort of action? And only one confirmed role claim is ordinary?

Obviously no one will claim scum, but purely using numbers and probability, there's no way this is true (unless Tim is sadistic and gave almost everyone a non-ordinary role.)

Fireblend

Banned
Ok, I fucked up hard. I admit it. But not for the reasons you guys are thinking.

I'm a prankster kid. I get to switch the actions that occur to two different players during the night.

I thought Ouro with his self-fulfilling prophecies was going to be killed tonight, and I tried to save him using my powers... by switching him with Sorian, someone I was already super suspicious of, who I knew the discussion would center around today.

Turns out, however, that scum didn't target Retro like I thought it would... I guess it targeted Sorian, and I indirectly killed Retro by redirecting that kill command towards him instead. I thought I'd use that knowledge to my advantage today, but now the tables have turned. Sorian, with my switch command, if you really did give Retro something, I could have made it so that you'd target yourself... of course the person who can validate me is the one person I now know for sure is scum.

Hey, i guess at least you guys get to kill Sorian when I flip town. Yipee.

Guess we'll see what happens now.

VOTE: SORIAN

I couldn't believe my eyes either.

AJ1nYkB.gif

Can we table the Three Amigos for now, and discuss LaunchpadMcQ and how he's been chucklefucking all of us since the start of the game?

Scenario 4: they're all mafia, but they've set up this elaborate ruse because they've already killed 3 town, they're feeling like taking a risk and bussing someone out today to clear 2 of the others.

roytheone

So basically we now know Sorian OR Fire was the NFA killer? Sorian immediately claimed BEFORE burb outed them both. I found his claim a bit weird to begin with, but that fact makes me VERY suspicious of Fire, more so than Sorian. Let's see what Fire has to say for himself.

Top Bottom