• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

roytheone

Burb getting actual usernames back is a bit odd to me, is that an expected ability in Mafia games?

I thought it would just tell you there were 1 or 2 people involved with this person at night or something.

Yes, you tend to get usernames back. Or else it wouldn't really be that useful of an ability. Yo, 2 people have visited this guy that is now dead, great! .....now what? that doesn't tell you much.

Sorian

Banned
Burb getting actual usernames back is a bit odd to me, is that an expected ability in Mafia games?

I thought it would just tell you there were 1 or 2 people involved with this person at night or something.

A watcher can sometimes get exact names of of who visited their target and a tracker can sometimes get exact names of who their target visited. It's the strongest form of each respective role so keep that in mind when trying to think about how this game was balanced.

Alright, I will give you this one, this can be true.

Yep.

This one is weird. A switch action consists of two actions. So how does a lightning rod determine which of those two actions it attracts? Why would it become Ourob <> Sorian, and not Retro <> Sorian? Is it the first name Fire typed in his PM? I think it makes more sense if the lightning rod attracts both switch actions, and we get sorian <> sorian.

I don't know.

For now I am, yes. of all the role claims made today (Sorian, Fire, Burb and you), that one makes the most sense to me and I trust the most.

Despite me wanting to TURBO Burbeting yesterday because of TURBO reasons, he seems the most agreeable and honest out of the Three, and he does give the best player reads out of the three of them, IMO.

I'm merely attempting to cover my butt by stating that there's the possibility of Burb lies. Nonetheless, my trust for Burb is at around 80.2%, which is pretty high. For me.

No I am not. I just believe that both Sorian and Fire indeed did a night action, but I do seriously doubt that fire actually did a switch action, and I am a little suspect about the whole lick thing with sorian. Still, an action is an action, and Burb had to see it, unless it is a ninja action.

I believe they both did a Night action too, but I'm still greatly debating with myself over who killed Ourobolus, hence my list of scenarios. I dunno yet.

No, what are you trying to do here, fishing for role claims? Ain't going to happen buddy.

teehee

cabot

What I AM going to do though, is tell you all straight-up right now; I'm going to give my second, final Lightning Rod to LaunchpadMcQ tonight. If you all remember, he was the second to pick a pill, specifically, he's holding onto the red Blarg pill, but that was just a symbolic gesture of course, heh.

So, I'm following through with that gesture tonight, for Karkador and for glory. If you all truly believe LaunchpadMcQ is Town, then you all better lynch me today, because he's been a scandalous Feel Aggressor since the beginning of the game and I'm going to duck his suspiciou-ass the quack up tonight or die trying (because whether he's NoFun or not, I'll be taking him down with me UNLESS he's both FunTown AND NoFun team decides not to kill tonight. Is that even a possible decision on their part, to decide not to kill on a Night?).

I don't care if Fireblend uses his claimed switching power to try and save him tonight; if I live through this Day I'm giving this Lightning Rod to LaunchpadMcQ tonight no matter what, and whoever dies in his place will be on Fireblend's game-conscience, not mine.

He's a potential nuisance to my personal plan tonight, admittedly, but before you continue to pursue lynching Fireblend today, kindly take into consideration my Rod distribution last Night frying his understanding of the proceedings.

Honestly, my choice would be to lynch cabbeh today to get the Miller claim out of the way, as it's unverifiable except through lynching (but now that Kark's dead, aren't we all?).

tl;dr: BRING ON THE GORMLESS POLICY LYNCH, BECAUSE NONE OF YOU CAN READ THE FUTURE LIKE I CAN AND IT'S A CRYING SHAME

I don't like this at all, we could end night 2 with four town dead at this point.

I need to digest this.

(I also realize that could happen without Blarg anyway, what a mess)

cabot

Alright I realize if Blarg targets a mafia tonight under his claim, we can essentially lose three in one day/night cycle.

I know you've got a thang for launch, Blarg, but wouldn't taking Sorian if Fireblend flips mafia on lynch be better? You wouldn't die, you'd move the kill to Sorian, who is a neutral party with some lick ability which seems to be ultimately pointless.

Are you really that all in on Launch that you'd risk an extra death for it?

roytheone

I don't like this at all, we could end night 2 with four town dead at this point.

I need to digest this.

(I also realize that could happen without Blarg anyway, what a mess)

Yeah, this mess sucks. I am 80 % sure that Fire is lying about his switch, but this whole Blarg situation is now basically:

-If he speaks the truth, we should lynch him because I actually think Launch is town, and a much more useful town than Blarg, Launch even alluded to having a PR in the beginning of day 2.

-If he is lying, and I am pretty certain he is lying, then why is he lying? It is a very anti-town move, and we probably should lynch him to see his real role and know why he was lying.

I was pretty sure about my Fire vote, but now I am starting to doubt.

cabot

Basically I don't believe Launch will flip mafia and your 2nd ability will be wasted, with a townie dead. Taking a neutral would be the better option.

Assuming mafia dont try to fuck with the program and send a no kill option

btw, if you all decide to let me live today, NoFun's probably going to target me with their Night Kill tonight as a bluff test, at no loss to them because I'll be turning into FunTown after I hand this last Lightning Rod out; it's a bluff test because if I'm lying about my role claim, I'll die, and if I'm not, their kill will just be redirected to hit LaunchpadMcQ like I've openly intended.

I've signed my own death warrant and I know it. Don't bother protecting me or anyone else tonight, remaining guardian/protective roles, because you'd only be saving Launch if you do. If you let me do this tonight, just hide in your bunkers and weather the storm until it passes.

If you let me live, let the lightning hit where it may.

MORITURI TE SALUTANT

cabot

I know its RNG and all that but blarg is in 3 games and gets 3 power roles?

The universe is a cruel lying bastard sadistic place

Yeah, this mess sucks. I am 80 % sure that Fire is lying about his switch, but this whole Blarg situation is now basically:

-If he speaks the truth, we should lynch him because I actually think Launch is town, and a much more useful town than Blarg, Launch even alluded to having a PR in the beginning of day 2.

-If he is lying, and I am pretty certain he is lying, then why is he lying? It is a very anti-town move, and we probably should lynch him to see his real role and know why he was lying.

I was pretty sure about my Fire vote, but now I am starting to doubt.

Allusions are worthless. The only way you're going to stop the storm I'm calling down on him, is by lynching me today, or pressuring LaunchpadMcQ to openly role claim today.

And, if Launch does role claim, he'll probably be cowpatting you all anyway because he's been a total sidewinding shade since the start; trust me, me killing him like this is the best choice, because he's NEVER going to tell you the truth about himself. I'm as close to a jury-rigged Town Vigilante as you're going to get, because I don't see any trace of a real one in-game right now.

Launch's going to role claim as something asinine and lacklustre, yet you're all going to believe him. It disgusts me how you've all accepted him after all the OBVIOUS butt-covering he's been openly doing. He's been so damn scummy since the very beginning and I honestly don't know why you all still believe he's FunTown.

cabot

I think this claim is incredibly anti town considering our situation:

1. Lynching Fireblend will either be a glorious NFA kill, a reveal that he was switcher which we can use to try and discern exactly what happened N1 and it could also help clear Burb's claim.
2. Blarg seems unhappy we're not going after Launch, so instead will allegedly take matters into his own hands, potentially killing an active town member. Launch isn't untouchable, if he generates more suspicion he'll eventually be lynched. I think most people just believe he went after two players who played their roles badly and got caught up in that.
3. His role claim throws uncertainty on a Fireblend lynch, which as I stated seems to be a pretty useful thing overall if we carried it out.

cabot

Allusions are worthless. The only way you're going to stop the storm I'm calling down on him, is by lynching me today, or pressuring LaunchpadMcQ to openly role claim today.

And, if Launch does role claim, he'll probably be cowpatting you all anyway because he's been a total sidewinding shade since the start; trust me, me killing him like this is the best choice, because he's NEVER going to tell you the truth about himself. I'm as close to a jury-rigged Town Vigilante as you're going to get, because I don't see any trace of a real one in-game right now.

Launch's going to role claim as something asinine and lacklustre, yet you're all going to believe him. It disgusts me how you've all accepted him after all the OBVIOUS butt-covering he's been openly doing. He's been so damn scummy since the very beginning and I honestly don't know why you all still believe he's FunTown.

I'm not with you here, that much is clear. I'm just deciding whether to vote for you or Fireblend right now.

Sorian

Banned
On mobile so excuse me for not posting. Telling Blarg to kill me just because I am neutral is a cowards way out. If you aren't killing NFA then you aren't doing your job right. Any death other than theirs isn't helping you meet your goal. Keep in mind as well, I'm not actually scared if you convince Blarg to target me. He's talking bullshit on his role. I find it hard to believe that there is no doctor or roleblocker (on either team) in this game. If Burb and Blarg are both telling the truth then either those roles don't exist or they didn't act last night. I don't buy it.

That being said. Blarg is bluffing and trying to distract you guys or is really sure of his Launch read, either way killing the scum that is Fire is still the best course of action. This is why I'm for turboing when we have scum out on the table. Now we have probably-town Blarg doing a gambit to try and kill probably-town Launch.

Basically I don't believe Launch will flip mafia and your 2nd ability will be wasted, with a townie dead. Taking a neutral would be the better option.

Assuming mafia dont try to fuck with the program and send a no kill option

Okay, you know what, fine, I'll lay out the future for you again:

If you all let me live today and let me "transform the rain" tonight, yet LaunchpadMcQ survives, it'll be either because of:

- a redirected protective role who STUPIDLY, STUPIDLY didn't listen to me to telling them to NOT use their power tonight,
- a redirected NoFun-aligned protective power role (a possibility),
- or because of, as you say, a No_Kill order issued on NoFun's part.

If it's a No_Kill order; NoFun could be issuing it tonight to falsely incriminate Launch by making it look like he was a NoFun-protected scum last Night (which would complement the curent state of him being a FunTown-protected scum by Day, very nicely *eyeroll*) and also make me look like a damn fool, but FunTown would have gained in the end BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A DUCKING NO_KILL ORDER NIGHT. NO ONE WOULD HAVE DIED.

Then you could have another glorious day to be intact and happy and bearship, Mr. cabbeh "NoFun" Miller. ^_^

Sorian

Banned
Sure Blarg, you aren't wrong. I know you are trying to convince cabbeh but this extra discussion isn't needed. They should kill their scum today and see where things fall after tonight.

cabot

On mobile so excuse me for not posting. Telling Blarg to kill me just because I am neutral is a cowards way out. If you aren't killing NFA then you aren't doing your job right. Any death other than theirs isn't helping you meet your goal. Keep in mind as well, I'm not actually scared if you convince Blarg to target me. He's talking bullshit on his role. I find it hard to believe that there is no doctor or roleblocker (on either team) in this game. If Burb and Blarg are both telling the truth then either those roles don't exist or they didn't act last night. I don't buy it.

That being said. Blarg is bluffing and trying to distract you guys or is really sure of his Launch read, either way killing the scum that is Fire is still the best course of action. This is why I'm for turboing when we have scum out on the table. Now we have probably-town Blarg doing a gambit to try and kill probably-town Launch.

It was more a case of I'd rather a neutral die than someone who I believe to be town dies. Your role claim shows you as quite useless also, so yeah. I wouldn't particularly care if you bit it.

I will go for Fire today, and I guess we'll just have to see what the night brings, I think it's clear Blarg won't listen to me.

VOTE: Fireblend

It was more a case of I'd rather a neutral die than someone who I believe to be town dies. Your role claim shows you as quite useless also, so yeah. I wouldn't particularly care if you bit it.

I will go for Fire today, and I guess we'll just have to see what the night brings, I think it's clear Blarg won't listen to me.

VOTE: Fireblend

EWiYEFg.jpg

I think Launch is scum, you don't, just like the rest of them. It's clear we're not going to convince each other of anything, my fellow NoFun claimant. Oh wait, that's right, you're more "NoFun" than NoFun, aren't you. I still believe you're main mafia hiding in plain sight. I don't believe you're a Miller at all.

I'm going to maintain my vote on Sorian for now, for balancing. I haven't been convinced that Fireblend is scum yet.

I'm awake.

And here's the answer to your question of why I'm in the game even though it seems like I would just coast through easily now that I've said what I've said. I'm here as a gauge to see who is paranoid and who is actually interested in killing scum.

This is bullshit. That's not a real reason.

Yep, I'm joining that club. I'm choosing to out myself now to grant you all a bit of clarity over what happened last Night, because my power is quite unique and me clarifying all of this for you right now benefits FunTown in the end, which is in direct reference to what I'm about to reveal:

I have a 2-shot portable Lightning Rod hand-out ability at Night; the role flavour states that I have two Princess Peach-themed handkerchiefs in my purse, and when I drop one in front of somebody/my chosen target, that person is shoved out of line by the mob of guys scrambling to bend down and and pick it up for me.

Now here's the shit: I'm a NoFun-aligned player, who becomes FunTown AFTER I've dropped both of my Peach 'kerchiefs/given out both my Lightning Rods, as I'd have "finally gained a respect for the merchandise". The second catch is that I started out without access to and "will forever be separate from" the main NoFun contingent and the private mafia chat, "because you're a special snowflake", role flavour-wise. That bit of text was also partly my reason for all the Frozen references >_> I'm entirely un-recruitable and never privy to the NoFun party chat because I'm going to become a FunTown member after my 2-shots are used up.

Essentially, I exist to fuck up everything for EVERYBODY ELSE twice, then I become a FunTown-aligned Ordinary Kid afterwards.

Also, if I happen to drop a Peach 'kerchief in front of/give a Lightning Rod to a main NoFun member, we BOTH instantly die that Night, and the Lightning Rod effect isn't activated, because I'd "leave the store with him to fulfill your manic pixie dream. Who needs an NX when you find love at first sight?". I know that you all really won't trust me when I say that, but that's literally what this dumb role PM says about that and since I'm going to become a FunTown member after I hand this last Rod/'kerchief out, I really have no reason to lie to you all.

I gave one of my Lightning Rods to Sorian last Night, resulting in all last Night's used powers targeting him. Besides me wanting to redirect NoFun's Night Kill towards him in honour of Karkador's demise, Sorian was also the first holder of one of my distributed pills, the blue one. Those were purely symbolic. He was always going to be my first target, by his own unwitting choice. ;) And since he received my 'kerchief and I'm not dead, it must lend some credence to his Neutral role claim, no?

Yet... Sorian lives. :/ In this case, to my understanding, it must have been Fireblend's claimed switch, along with NoFun's mafia kill, that occurred last Night. Hence, my Rod kicking in and Fireblend switching Ourobolus with Sorian instead of switching him with RetroMG as he mentioned, and Ourobolus dying instead of Sorian, who must have been NoFun's original target last Night (which makes my giving him a Lightning Rod moot, in hindsight). :/ It's all a clusterduck with this switcheroo + Rod tomfoolery.

There could have been a 3rd-party SK redirected towards Ouro as well, who knows with this apparent game of Role Madness, CzarTim/Palmer. ¬_¬ With this smaller game size though, I doubt one exists, unless Sorian's been lying and is actually a Neutral Arsonist, and his "Cowlicks" are the equivalent of dousing people until he chooses to ignite all his targets in one go. Basically, I'm saying that I don't believe you're harmless at all, Sorian.

Fireblend is both confused and confusing as fuck right now because of my Lightning Rod distribution to Sorian last Night, which most likely explains his RetroMG-not-Ourobolus naming disaster in his role claim post. Should've composed yourself, brah. I don't know what other powers may have kicked in last Night to affect all this cowpat, but NO MORE ROLE CLAIMS, PLEASE. Mine is the last one you'll all need today, trust me.

I know I could plead to you all to spare my currently-NoFun ass for a handful more Day/Night cycles by asking you all to basically vote for who you want to die on a coming Night and letting me give my Rod/'kerchief to him, but duck that, I'm not going to follow any of your planking suggestions. What I AM going to do though, is tell you all straight-up right now; I'm going to give my second, final Lightning Rod to LaunchpadMcQ tonight. If you all remember, he was the second to pick a pill, specifically, he's holding onto the red Blarg pill, but that was just a symbolic gesture of course, heh.

So, I'm following through with that gesture tonight, for Karkador and for glory. If you all truly believe LaunchpadMcQ is Town, then you all better lynch me today, because he's been a scandalous Feel Aggressor since the beginning of the game and I'm going to duck his suspiciou-ass the quack up tonight or die trying (because whether he's NoFun or not, I'll be taking him down with me UNLESS he's both FunTown AND NoFun team decides not to kill tonight. Is that even a possible decision on their part, to decide not to kill on a Night?).

I don't care if Fireblend uses his claimed switching power to try and save him tonight; if I live through this Day I'm giving this Lightning Rod to LaunchpadMcQ tonight no matter what, and whoever dies in his place will be on Fireblend's game-conscience, not mine.

He's a potential nuisance to my personal plan tonight, admittedly, but before you continue to pursue lynching Fireblend today, kindly take into consideration my Rod distribution last Night frying his understanding of the proceedings.

Honestly, my choice would be to lynch cabbeh today to get the Miller claim out of the way, as it's unverifiable except through lynching (but now that Kark's dead, aren't we all?).

tl;dr: BRING ON THE GORMLESS POLICY LYNCH, BECAUSE NONE OF YOU CAN READ THE FUTURE LIKE I CAN AND IT'S A CRYING SHAME

I believe you're telling the truth, but you really don't want to use that ability on me.

I'm confused, though. I think Blarg is telling the truth, above the other people even. How the hell did Ouro end up dead? There had to have been a switcher, whether it's Fireblend or someone else.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, all I can say atm is I didn't mean to write Retro but Ouro. It was a simple mix up caused by me typing fast and getting some names mixed up. Again, I had it wrong when mentioning who Sorian gave his item to, so there was no point in lying about something that had already been established. How could mentioning Retro there have been a possibility at any point when coming up with my defense if that's what I'd done? How could it have helped me?

Well, all I can say atm is I didn't mean to write Retro but Ouro. It was a simple mix up caused by me typing fast and getting some names mixed up. Again, I had it wrong when mentioning who Sorian gave his item to, so there was no point in lying about something that had already been established. How could mentioning Retro there have been a possibility at any point when coming up with my defense if that's what I'd done? How could it have helped me?

So, just to confirm, you consciously switched Ouro and Sorian? You didn't answer my other post.

Fireblend

Banned
So, just to confirm, you consciously switched Ouro and Sorian? You didn't answer my other post.

Yes. I was trying to save Ouro because I guessed that's who NFA would target and I trusted him. I chose to target Sorian as a second target because that's who I trusted the least and thought he was getting lynched today anyway.

Timeaisis

Well, after digesting that giant Blarg post, I feel Sorian is our best option for tonight. Either someone's lying and Sorian is probably guilty or their all lying and Burb and Sorian are I'm on it together.

Vote: Sorian

As for Blarg...I believe his roleclaim. Why are you so intent on killing LMQ, though? Just because he went hard I batsnacks abd Kark?

In lieu of another swapper stepping forward, we have to accept that Fireblend is the swapper. There had to have been one, if I'm looking at this correctly.

RE: Timeaisis, he's been at it way before that.

Timeaisis

That's the only thing I don't like about that giant post. The rest seems well reasoned and then he just goes after LMQ. He also openly admits he'll die if he rods a NF. Meaning either both Blarg and LMQ are both NF or Blarg is going to kill a townie.

roytheone

I believe you're telling the truth, but you really don't want to use that ability on me.

I'm confused, though. I think Blarg is telling the truth, above the other people even. How the hell did Ouro end up dead? There had to have been a switcher, whether it's Fireblend or someone else.

If Blarg is telling the truth, doesn't that make him a danger by default? I mean, he will never use his lighting rod to kill a suspicious person, because that would also kill him if his target turns out to be NFA. So he will always target people that are seen as pretty certain town, which makes him bad for town.

RetroMG

Hey all, I'm going to drop from the game and Czar is going to replace me. I've got too much going on in my personal life to give this game the attention it truly deserves.

I'll be watching, though! (Oooh, spooky scary!)

If Blarg is telling the truth, doesn't that make him a danger by default? I mean, he will never use his lighting rod to kill a suspicious person, because that would also kill him if his target turns out to be NFA. So he will always target people that are seen as pretty certain town, which makes him bad for town.

Actually, yes. In the interest of trying to see what the hell is going on here with the other roles, and saving my own ass, lynching Blarg right now may be the best course of action. He will have to kill another FunAllowed to become one of us, and besides the fact that he wants it to be me, he's going to have to kill one of us to do it.

So, there has been a MASSIVE miscommunication between Tim and I regarding my role and now I have no idea what it actually does.

GG fellas. Lynch me pls.

Hah. Ok, let's get this out of the way then since my role barely has a purpose.

Burb is telling the truth just based off of my role. There is definitely a role that watches for activity, because my role exists to stir shit up and produce noise.

I am Incontinence Guy. Every night, I visit a random person (not of my choosing) and tell them to watch my stuff while I go to the bathroom. I don't know who is visited, either. Essentially a town-aligned sleepwalker.

It used to be an even night commuter and I had been purposely been trying to paint a target on my back, getting Blarg to use his lightning rod on me (which would have failed, sorry bud). However, Tim corrected my role PM and I thought he only changed the flavor to poke some fun at me regarding the mechanics in the DR game; however, he changed the role's ability as well, so it's only now that I realize that I should have claimed yesterday to get this shit out of the way.

roytheone

Hah. Ok, let's get this out of the way then since my role barely has a purpose.

Burb is telling the truth just based off of my role. There is definitely a role that watches for activity, because my role exists to stir shit up and produce noise.

I am Incontinence Guy. Every night, I visit a random person (not of my choosing) and tell them to watch my stuff while I go to the bathroom. I don't know who is visited, either. Essentially a town-aligned sleepwalker.

It used to be an even night commuter and I had been purposely been trying to paint a target on my back, getting Blarg to use his lightning rod on me (which would have failed, sorry bud). However, Tim corrected my role PM and I thought he only changed the flavor to poke some fun at me regarding the mechanics in the DR game; however, he changed the role's ability as well, so it's only now that I realize that I should have claimed yesterday to get this shit out of the way.

So I looked up those roles, and basically it is this, right:

You originally thought that every even night, nobody could target you with any ability. This happens automatically.

However, your real role is that every night you automatically do an "action" to a random person, that will show up for potential watchers and trackers, but the action doesn't actually do anything to your "target". You also don't know who you did the "action" to.

So I looked up those roles, and basically it is this, right:

You originally thought that every even night, nobody could target you with any ability. This happens automatically.

However, your real role is that every night you automatically do an "action" to a random person, that will show up for potential watchers and trackers, but the action doesn't actually do anything to your "target". You also don't know who you did the "action" to.

Yes, exactly.

So, I'm starting to take most of these roleclaims at face value right now, but it's giving me a headache to understand. Was Burb affected by the lightning-rodding and the switching? He says he targeted Ouro, then Blarg lightning-rodded Sorian, then Fireblend switched Ouro and Sorian, so Burb ended up watching Ouro again?

This is pretty confusing and a very convenient coincidence.

roytheone

Yes, exactly.

So, I'm starting to take most of these roleclaims at face value right now, but it's giving me a headache to understand. Was Burb affected by the lightning-rodding and the switching? He says he targeted Ouro, then Blarg lightning-rodded Sorian, then Fireblend switched Ouro and Sorian, so Burb ended up watching Ouro again?

This is pretty confusing and a very convenient coincidence.

BTW, launch, do you think a lightning rod would have also attracted your visiting action to Ourob? That would mean that if both Burb and Blarg speak the truth about their role, Burb had to have seen you visiting Ourob.

BTW, launch, do you think a lightning rod would have also attracted your visiting action to Ourob? That would mean that if both Burb and Blarg speak the truth about their role, Burb had to have seen you visiting Ourob.

I typed something about it while I was still trying to think through what could have happened, but apparently it stays random.

Nice consistency, Tim. Worst mod.

Actually, wait a minute...

Could this be a piece of evidence that someone is lying? I would think a lightning rod would attract my ability. So, either Blarg is lying about his ability or Burb is.

cabot

Oh wait, that's right, you're more "NoFun" than NoFun, aren't you. I still believe you're main mafia hiding in plain sight. I don't believe you're a Miller at all.

This is why I'm worried. You're wrong about me so you could easily be wrong about launch.

Top Bottom