• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

But he has to kill 2 of us with his action to join us

No one has to die, I just have to hand them out and get rid of my 2-shot.

I'm assuming that if a protective role's power is redirected to the holder of my Lightning Rod, then that would block the redirected NoFun kill.

I already went through the possibilities of your survival after my giving of the Rod to you tonight in another post.

cabot

I'm assuming that if a protective role's power is redirected to the holder of my Lightning Rod, then that would block the redirected NoFun kill.

I already went through the possibilities of your survival after my giving of the Rod to you tonight in another post.

Doesn't N1 point to there being no protective role? or is this caught in all the switching nonsense

Oh, ok I see what he means by lightning rod now.

...that is even dumber, holy shit. It pretty much means that no matter what NFA does, he gets to decide the kill.

Why are we letting him live again? For all we know he is lying and he is just a NFA that selected who to kill, to later claim he could use a lighting rod technique to "Force" that to happen, so he confirms himself.

See what I am saying here? Its the same thing, he gets all this power and expects us to believe he becomes good after one more kill.

Issue a No_Kill order tonight, then.

SalvaPot

Not in the same night, right? Just using it twice would be enough.

Also, salva thinks leaving blarg alive will cause two kills tonight, and I didn't follow that logic.

That was a mistake/misundertandin on my part, its clear now that Blarg just redirects the normal NFA kill, if we are to believe him.

Doesn't N1 point to there being no protective role? or is this caught in all the switching nonsense

I was discussing the mechanics of the role, not talking about the current game state. The jailer's dead, I know. If Fireblend's telling the truth, then he's the last semblance of a Town protective role there is.

roytheone

BTW, does somebody else find it weird that Blarg keeps calling Launch suspicious and scummy, but he still plans to use his power on Launch tonight? Even though according to his own role claim, if Launch is NFA that would kill himself?

cabot

BTW, does somebody else find it weird that Blarg keeps calling Launch suspicious and scummy, but he still plans to use his power on Launch tonight? Even though according to his own role claim, if Launch is NFA that would kill himself?

he's been pro-town all along roy, was it not clear?

Burbeting

Banned

Well it does seem that he has town's best interests at heart if he is telling the truth, so killing a scum would be part of his plans even if it kills him.

What's weirdest about Blargs claim is the "two shots of this and then I turn from NFA to FA role". Seems awfully convenient to him, if we believe him and he survives this day and next night, he can claim he turned into full-townie.

I'm willing to sacrifice myself for a potentially pro-Town gambit, it's in my lore.

SalvaPot

Issue a No_Kill order tonight, then.

How would that prove anything? Why would the NFA forfeit their kill? The only risk they have is you targetting an NFA and killing each other (As you said would happen).

And if you are just a regular NFA you can easily prove your claim by yourself. Launch dies because you killed him? "See guys, I told you I would redirect the NFA attack to launch, I am townie now!"

Launch does not die? "I guess someone protected him, or NFA decided not to kill to prove me wrong".

Well, there is an easier way to prove what you are saying. We lynch you, we read your description, we know the truth. If the convoluted truth you are giving is actually, well, true, then we would know at least one of the other 3 users were also speaking the truth and we can go from there.

All I am saying is, no matter the scenario, town loses NOTHING lynching Blarg. He is not town right now, he might be town after completing his quest but then we would have to rely on his word. Why keep him alive? I would never trust him completely, can anyone else could?

Voting Blargonaut is easily our best option right now.

How would that prove anything? Why would the NFA forfeit their kill? The only risk they have is you targetting an NFA and killing each other (As you said would happen).

And if you are just a regular NFA you can easily prove your claim by yourself. Launch dies because you killed him? "See guys, I told you I would redirect the NFA attack to launch, I am townie now!"

Launch does not die? "I guess someone protected him, or NFA decided not to kill to prove me wrong".

Well, there is an easier way to prove what you are saying. We lynch you, we read your description, we know the truth. If the convoluted truth you are giving is actually, well, true, then we would know at least one of the other 3 users were also speaking the truth and we can go from there.

All I am saying is, no matter the scenario, town loses NOTHING lynching Blarg. He is not town right now, he might be town after completing his quest but then we would have to rely on his word. Why keep him alive? I would never trust him completely, can anyone else could?

Voting Blargonaut is easily our best option right now.

So you're not denying that you have the clout to issue a No_Kill order?

SalvaPot

So you're not denying that you have the clout to issue a No_Kill order?

I am not NFA is that is what you are trying to say, I am not going to reveal my role, but is obviously Fun-Aligned, but of course everyone is going to say that because people who claim NFA get lynched.

Also I am sure most Mafia roles can decide if they want or not to kill, is there a mafia role that is forced to kill every night? The only ones I can recall that are forced to kill have been neutral like Neighborhood Assassin or stuff like that.

Since you so wholeheartedly believe LaunchpadMcQ is FunTown being a faithful subscriber to his Illuminati channel, SalvaPot, I can't really convince you of my value myself. You picked your side.

Get on with the

POLICY
POLICY
POLICY PUSH

You're welcome, Fireblend.

I am not NFA is that is what you are trying to say, I am not going to reveal my role, but is obviously Fun-Aligned, but of course everyone is going to say that because people who claim NFA get lynched.

Also I am sure most Mafia roles can decide if they want or not to kill, is there a mafia role that is forced to kill every night? The only ones I can recall that are forced to kill have been neutral like Neighborhood Assassin or stuff like that.

You subscribe to Launch's Illuminati channel yet you don't believe in Blarg's Clairvoyancy, you're weird

SalvaPot

Since you so wholeheartedly believe LaunchpadMcQ is FunTown being a faithful subscriber to his Illuminati channel, SalvaPot, I can't really convince you of my value myself. You picked your side.

Get on with the

POLICY
POLICY
POLICY PUSH

You're welcome, Fireblend.

You don´t need to convince me, you already did. I know of your value and I think you are speaking the truth.

And that is why lynching you is for the best for fun.

I think launch is fun aligned, but there is no way to be sure yet, either way I´ll rather lynch you than him right now, since day 1 your way of playing has been off and I just know you are not good for town, your claim just confirmed my suspicion.

Well it does seem that he has town's best interests at heart if he is telling the truth, so killing a scum would be part of his plans even if it kills him.

What's weirdest about Blargs claim is the "two shots of this and then I turn from NFA to FA role". Seems awfully convenient to him, if we believe him and he survives this day and next night, he can claim he turned into full-townie.

I understand your natural suspicion, because that point is a huge leap of faith to take with me, but if I'm lying I'm going to die tonight anyways; if NoFun isn't stupid, they'll target me with the Night Kill tonight as a bluff test, as I've described before.

Why would they just let me become FunTown? To keep me on the coffee table tomorrow? Sure, that's a highly likely possibility, but the only way I'm going to survive tonight is if they're stupid and target someone else during my Storm Call.

If y'all let me live today, I AM going to redirect the NoFun kill to LaunchpadMcQ or die trying. At least I'll have eliminated a wildcard sitch for you in the form of LaunchpadMcQ, and/or myself, after tonight.

You say no one has to die, but what other scenario is there? Say I were still a commuter, your second kerchief would have failed and you'd still be NFA.

SalvaPot

I understand your natural suspicion, because that point is a huge leap of faith to take with me, but if I'm lying I'm going to die tonight anyways; if NoFun isn't stupid, they'll target me with the Night Kill tonight as a bluff test, as I've described before.

Why would they just let me become FunTown? To keep me on the coffee table tomorrow? Sure, that's a highly likely possibility, but the only way I'm going to survive tonight is if they're stupid and target someone else during my Storm Call.

If y'all let me live today, I AM going to redirect the NoFun kill to LaunchpadMcQ or die trying. At least I'll have eliminated a wildcard sitch for you in the form of LaunchpadMcQ, and/or myself, after tonight.

But if NFA tries to kill you, you are going to redirect the command to Launchpad, so you are not going to die... or is that not how your role works?

CzarTim

qEb23FE.png

7 votes needed for a majority.

t1441645200z1.png

Burbeting

Banned
Anyway, right now at least for me the most likely scenarios what have happened here are either E, F, G. Others either have a big leap of faith in it, or have me lying in it, and obviously I know that I'm not lying.

E) Only Launchpad is lying

Launchpad is lying about his role. In this case, things would have gone mostly like the scenario ”everybody is telling the truth” while leaving out problems Launchpad’s role brought up. Obviously, the problem about night kill would still exist in this scenario.

F) Only Sorian is lying.

If Only Sorian was lying, then it would mean that his power was doing something else than licking, for example it could have been a killing power. In that case he might have tried to kill Ourobolos, but thanks to switch-rod he ended up... killing Ourobolos anyway. Launch problem persists still here.

G) Blargonaut and Fireblend are lying

In this scenario there was no Lightning Rod nor any Switching. So in this case Sorian tried to lick Ourobolos, but it failed because Ourobolos died. Burbeting saw Sorian and Fireblend because Fireblend killed Ourobolos. In this case Blargonaut would have lied in order to give Fireblend and his switch-claim an alibi. However, would another scum really come this vocally to save other one in a game with just possibly three scum?

There is also the possibility that A, everybody is telling the truth, is real, but that would mean that Tim is not consistent or Launch has even more problems in understanding his role.

B, C, D seem unlikely because only one person lying in these scenarios would be right now hugely unbeneficial to the mafia and or make huge inconsistencies with how things turned out.

With two player lying scenarios, most of them have huge leaps of faith in them. Blargonaut and Fireblend seems most likely to me. But I don't know for sure...

I have to think about this.

Sorian

Banned
But if NFA tries to kill you, you are going to redirect the command to Launchpad, so you are not going to die... or is that not how your role works?

He wants to throw it at Launch because he thinks Launch is scum. If he dies, and we believe his role, then the conclusion is that Launch is scum.

------------

I appreciate the vote of confidence in me at least today Roy. I know I'm not convincing anyone that my power is just a flavor mark but that's fine, I can argue with you all about that more later. The way I still see it, this all falls on Fire as a lynchpin. If he flips town then Burb is full of shit and took advantage of the fact that I soft claimed a PR against Ouro at the beginning of the day and threw Fire out there to die, shitty but I believe Burb so I'm not worried about this. If Fire flips scum suddenly we have to seriously question why Blarg decided to role claim and throw more confusion on the fire. If he was just regular town and wanted to test his Launch theory then he could have just shut up and did it tonight quietly.

Burbeting

Banned
I appreciate the vote of confidence in me at least today Roy. I know I'm not convincing anyone that my power is just a flavor mark but that's fine, I can argue with you all about that more later. The way I still see it, this all falls on Fire as a lynchpin. If he flips town then Burb is full of shit and took advantage of the fact that I soft claimed a PR against Ouro at the beginning of the day and threw Fire out there to die, shitty but I believe Burb so I'm not worried about this. If Fire flips scum suddenly we have to seriously question why Blarg decided to role claim and throw more confusion on the fire. If he was just regular town and wanted to test his Launch theory then he could have just shut up and did it tonight quietly.

Still, in that scenario I would have needed to make a big lucky guess about Fireblend visiting Ouro. There would have been a very good chance of Fireblend not visit Ourobolos at all if he was town and I was simply making a guess about who visited Ouro.

Sorian

Banned
Still, in that scenario I would have needed to make a big lucky guess about Fireblend visiting Ouro. There would have been a very good chance of Fireblend not visit Ourobolos at all if he was town and I was simply making a guess about who visited Ouro.

I can argue this too, hint: Blarg smells bad in a lot of situations, it's fine though, I'd rather not waste our time defending and attacking so many different angles when Fire's life cuts what we need to do by half.

SalvaPot

He wants to throw it at Launch because he thinks Launch is scum. If he dies, and we believe his role, then the conclusion is that Launch is scum.

And what if Launch is not scum? What if he is just town? Are we willing to sacrifice Launch so Blarg can prove what he is claiming? Why should we sacrifice Launch to get blarg to "prove" his role when we don´t even know if its true or not.

Sorian

Banned
And what if Launch is not scum? What if he is just town? Are we willing to sacrifice Launch so Blarg can prove what he is claiming? Why should we sacrifice Launch to get blarg to "prove" his role when we don´t even know if its true or not.

Of course not but Blarg's claim is bullshit anyway, also what does it matter? NFA is killing someone tonight anyway, it sucks that Blarg could force it to be Launch but you are losing someone regardless.

Of course not but Blarg's claim is bullshit anyway, also what does it matter? NFA is killing someone tonight anyway, it sucks that Blarg could force it to be Launch but you are losing someone regardless.

Yes, but as you said, my dying proves nothing about Blarg. It just proves that I'm dead for some reason, either because the mafia targeted me or Blarg rodded me. Could be either one.

And it's all easy for you to say when it's not you dying.

Sorian

Banned
Yes, but as you said, my dying proves nothing about Blarg. It just proves that I'm dead for some reason, either because the mafia targeted me or Blarg rodded me. Could be either one.

And it's all easy for you to say when it's not you dying.

Well not quite. If Blarg is telling the truth. His claim is that he dies if he try's to lightning rod scum. He is telling us 100000000000 fucking times that he is targeting you. If he dies and his claim is shown to be true, you are scum.

I'm in the camp that both Blarg and Fireblend are lying. Blarg jumped in with this bullshit claim to save Fireblend. It's weird how so much of it adds up. Why did all the night activities center around Sorian and Ouro? Isn't that fucking convenient as hell?

SalvaPot

Well not quite. If Blarg is telling the truth. His claim is that he dies if he try's to lightning rod scum. He is telling us 100000000000 fucking times that he is targeting you. If he dies and his claim is shown to be true, you are scum.

But again, we are sacrificing Launch for this, and I think that is a mistake. If Blarg would go for you or Fire, then I may be more willing to letting Blarg prove his role, since you two are our main suspects for scum, but the only reason Blarg thinks Launch is mafia is because of the Karkador lynch.

You're saying it's more likely Blarg is telling the truth than I am - yet that's a huge unnecessary risk because once I flip town tomorrow, you won't have jack shit.

I still think Fireblend has to go today. We can figure out what's what afterwards.

At best, we hit NFA.

At worst, we hit a town member but increase our odds of hitting NFA tomorrow.

SalvaPot

I still think Fireblend has to go today. We can figure out what's what afterwards.

At best, we hit NFA.

At worst, we hit a town member but increase our odds of hitting NFA tomorrow.

Or... we could hit a for sure NFA member, that is blarg, even if his excuse for claiming "makes sense."

roytheone

I have reread blarg his claim, and he says that if he targets scum, both he and the scum die, and the lighting rod doesn't activate. So if the NFA targets someone else and blarg targets a scum, we will end up with 3 deaths (blarg, scum and the nfa target). In a game with only 15 players, that seems a lot for one night to me.

cabot

Ok, here is an exercise for all Fun aligned member:

List pros and cons of letting Blargonaut live today.

Pros:

More gifs
More truth bending like 'I knew lynching Kark and Bat was bad no one else'
More conspiracy theories
Post count for the thread will keep high because he talks to himself.
He could be town I guess.

Cons:

Less Blarg
We could stop a potential situation where we lose 3 players in one cycle
His flip could aid what happened in N1
Launch may not die

Why did he go public with this claim? Was this covered?

He could've just done all of this quietly, coming public makes me think its a play to protect fireblend. I don't know give me a reason why you claimed.

I have reread blarg his claim, and he says that if he targets scum, both he and the scum die, and the lighting rod doesn't activate. So if the NFA targets someone else and blarg targets a scum, we will end up with 3 deaths (blarg, scum and the nfa target). In a game with only 15 players, that seems a lot for one night to me.

1 word, roy.

Becky

Sorian

Banned
But again, we are sacrificing Launch for this, and I think that is a mistake. If Blarg would go for you or Fire, then I may be more willing to letting Blarg prove his role, since you two are our main suspects for scum, but the only reason Blarg thinks Launch is mafia is because of the Karkador lynch.

If Blarg is telling the truth then he cleared me of being scum last night. Keep up Salva.

You're saying it's more likely Blarg is telling the truth than I am - yet that's a huge unnecessary risk because once I flip town tomorrow, you won't have jack shit.

No I think that it doesn't matter. NFA is killing someone tonight, sure, Blarg is forcing it to be you presumably but what difference does that make? We aren't in control of who NFA kills anyway, pretend that they are choosing you tonight.

Top Bottom