• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
I said my piece on what should happen today. At least start with that and then re-visit me tomorrow and see if you trust me more or less. I'm a dead man walking if Fire flips town anyway but it's pretty clear he won't.

SalvaPot

Burb only "forced" me if Fire flips as town. When you see that Fire flips as scum, you'll see that I put out my whole roleclaim because I want the day to end, kill the first scum and get to day 3. It also makes no sense for me to claim just because Burb said something. My soft roleclaim was enough for him to believe me, what was full claiming going to do, convince him of what he already knows? I full claimed more for NFA than for fun team so that they would know I am useless.

First off, my role is rich kid, not spoiled kid. Second, idk what to tell you. Rich people are known for having some weird kinks and fetishes, it sounds like Tim believes they start developing those kinks young.

I mean, your version is believable, but again, the only reason you are not getting a majority of votes right now is because you soft-claimed first, so we are not lynching out of good faith.

And everything about your role is weird. How it didn´t connect, how is supposedly surviving neutral, and how its effect is the GAFIA equivalent of herpes. It seems malleable to any likely history you could make.

SalvaPot

Oh well, there is no point in discussing this today, my mind is set on Fireblend for today, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this tomorrow.

Also, Blarg, just a friendly reminder that you are still my target #1.

And I have no beef with cabbeh anymore, right now we have far better targets.

roytheone

The cow licking could be something different, like a bomb or a kiss of death.

This is an interesting point. Even if someone confirms he got licked by sorian, we still don't know what it actually does to that person, it could have more effects than sorian tells us. Funny enough, it was sorian himself that proposed something similar when we were discussing testing bats his claim, that someone confirming he got a cigarette doesn't mean everything bats said was true. Here we can apply the same thing.

The feeling I currently have is that sorian is keeping something from us, but I don't know why and what that is. I don't think he is NFA, he is third party, but I do think he is hiding something about his role.

I am still keeping my fireblend vote because his bungled role claim is waaaaaay to weird to ignore, but I will keep a close eye on sorian.

Sorian

Banned
I mean, your version is believable, but again, the only reason you are not getting a majority of votes right now is because you soft-claimed first, so we are not lynching out of good faith.

And everything about your role is weird. How it didn´t connect, how is supposedly surviving neutral, and how its effect is the GAFIA equivalent of herpes. It seems malleable to any likely history you could make.

Hey man, nothing wrong with me giving your head a lick while you sleep. In all seriousness though, I'm quite aware that my role is weird. I'm sure it was written this way so that I'm not believable at all. I wasn't going to make up something more believable though because with my luck, I'd accidently role claim the name of someone else's role.

Sorian

Banned
This is an interesting point. Even if someone confirms he got licked by sorian, we still don't know what it actually does to that person, it could have more effects than sorian tells us. Funny enough, it was sorian himself that proposed something similar when we were discussing testing bats his claim, that someone confirming he got a cigarette doesn't mean everything bats said was true. Here we can apply the same thing.

The feeling I currently have is that sorian is keeping something from us, but I don't know why and what that is. I don't think he is NFA, he is third party, but I do think he is hiding something about his role.

I am still keeping my fireblend vote because his bungled role claim is waaaaaay to weird to ignore, but I will keep a close eye on sorian.

It's funny you mention something that I said in the past (I did actually believe the cigarette thing that I said though, that wasn't any type of bread crumb post). I actually threw out a bread crumb during day one. I was planning to put something on each day I didn't role claim since people probably weren't going to believe me. Does anyone recall what I accused cabbeh of being after he role claimed?

roytheone

If there is an investigator then I want them to investigate you. Obviously they can't report on what they find right away but I actually don't believe this claim at all. My post was actually hitting right at what my gut thinks on you. I think you're a neutral player and one of your win conditions is to survive until the end of the game, you might have another condition that lets you win earlier though. I don't think you are dangerous because of that though and I feel like we have other fish to fry than deal with a neutral today.

I've played with you all enough to know that the storyline of day 1 wouldn't be decided straight from the start.

You mean this sorian?

Sorian

Banned
You mean this sorian?

Ding ding, it means more when someone else points it out. I made it fairly obvious and it was a garbage assertion that multiple people picked up on and that I dropped pretty quickly. If nothing else, it at least shows that I was trying to point this out before anything came to light about anyone yesterday in terms of role flips.

Ding ding, it means more when someone else points it out. I made it fairly obvious and it was a garbage assertion that multiple people picked up on and that I dropped pretty quickly. If nothing else, it at least shows that I was trying to point this out before anything came to light about anyone yesterday in terms of role flips.

Bullshit breadcrumbing, never seen that before.

/s

Sorian

Banned
Bullshit breadcrumbing, never seen that before.

/s

Take it how you will, on its own I know it's not really much, I wasn't thinking I'd have to role claim on day 2 but I figured I'd mention that it's there. It was an oddly specific and dumb guess that I would hope you all thought was uncharacteristic of me and I purposely dropped it quick just so it would be there.

YNNNY being the sex addict is probably the best joke material this whole season.

bahahahahah soraaaaaaaaaaaa XD serial licker > sex addict!??? :D

anyone else really turned on by all the talk of licking

VLw9eKR.jpg

Quoting yourself as a means of "I told you so" doesn't help anyone, Blarg. Kark and batsnacks were town that played like scum. You throw enough words around, you'll find something that sticks.

Since we killed town that played like scum, let's focus on scum playing like town.

VOTE: Sorian

Like, mmkay, Becky. Keep hand-waving away my thus far 100%-accurate role reads. <3

batsnacks buckled and suspiciously claimed to be a FunTown Jailer; his fracturing was too strange NOT to be true, and the majority of you "experts" somehow couldn't believe that. I helped try to defend him. It turns out he was actually the FunTown Jailer. Wow.

Karkador suspiciously requested for us to Remove him and besides a few deviations from his path towards his own meagre self-defense, he continued to completely openly advocate for a Day 1 No Lynch. I rolled the possibilities around in my mouth; Ordinary Kid, Governor-type, Hunter-type, until I realized him baiting you all with himself was a very specific type of noise-making that I happen to pick up during my time in a galaxy far, far away, hence this following reply to him I had made and what I believe to be his subsequent Metal Gear-themed acknowledgement of my hinting, directly after its posting:

should I claim Serial Killer right now?

I'm an Undercover Imperial and Swamped is my partner

They played us like a damn fiddle, Sorian

I GUT-realized he was a self-destructing Cop, as I had (highly unsuccessfully) attempted a similar gambit in the Star Wars S2 GAFia game when I was a handsome, daring Investigator. I was never going to put my gut-realization out there in the open because I didn't want to have any part in outing a Cop and on Day 1 of all Days, so I was hoping you'd all get the message on the lowdown. No one did, or at least, no one FunTown did. :/

In the end, it turned out my gut's realization was right as it most often is.

!

...but wait, what's that?

Player List
1. cabbeh [m]
2. TheGoddamn [m] --> Timeaisis [m]
3. roytheone [m]
4. Darryl [-]
5. Sorian [m]
6. batsnacks [m]
7. Fireblend [m]
8. Karkador [m]
9. Burbeting [m]
10. SalvaPot [m]
11. Ourobolus [m]
12. LaunchpadMcQ [m]
13. Lone_Prodigy [m]
14. Blargonaut [m]
15. RetroMG [m]

VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

13/15

You want to kill Launch which will in turn kill someone else and leave us at 13 out of 15 people?

Ah yes, TY, Mr. 13/15, for helping us get to 13/15 before the first Night even began.

THE WRONG 13/15.

¬_¬

I felt you, Lone_Prodigy.

Awesome tactical nuke strike on batsnacks the (formerly) verifiable jailer there. You should've hit Mr. "Townfeel" LaunchpadMcQ yesterday so we wouldn't have to deal with him and his "Town feels", constant chuckleducking and utter unreadability. And, maybe things would've played out differently conversation-wise with Karkador too, once his main antagonist was taken out of the conversation, which you totally had the power to do. Instead, you called the thunder down on a FunTown Jailer-claimer and robbed both him and us of the chance to verify his claim :/

Ya blew it, ghost.

But that's all in the past now, right?! It's all just crazy-dumb ramblings I've been throwing about, totes.

btw, I wonder, if Burbeting is the "Younger Sibling"/Watcher, is there an "Older Sibling"/??? as well? What say you about that possibility, Burbeting?

Sorian

Banned
Not going to react to Blarg's post per reasons earlier, I'll let other people do that. I did want to cross post from the other thread btw:

he keeps on giving

just for you blarg

That+eye+thing+reminds+of+this+manga+strip+_7e4b3ef1ff21f8ab170a3c83962fcc82.jpg

This was probably a lot funnier to me than it was to the rest of you.

Nintendo stunned the world when it announced the NX. Who could have guessed it would be a full body unitard that tracks your movement wherever you go. You haven’t played Mario until you’ve actually had to make the jump in real life. On top of that, a new Zelda, F-Zero, Metroid, and a Pokémon MMO were announced for launch. The fervor for new waggle reached unseen heights as everyone clamored to get fitted for the new console. Soon Nintendo would be on top again.

You were smart enough to line up at your local game shop days in advance. The mood was ecstatic. Music blared, Smash was played, and a giant Yarn Yoshi stood watchful over the crowd. Soon the NX would be yours.... or so you thought.

The manager for the game shop came out with a clipboard with some startling news.

“So, uh, yeah. We, uh, we don’t really have enough of these things for, uh. So listen, this is the list of preorders, and uh. I’m not, uh, I don’t like confrontation, so.”

He awkwardly set down the clipboard and went back inside. The crowd was left stunned. Not enough consoles? Who would get one? How would you decide? Would you get your $5 back for the preorder? Isn’t it a bit narratively convenient to not mention how many consoles they have or when it launches?

As the crowd tried to diplomatically decide who should be removed from the list, it became clear a group of sinister people had their own ideas on who should get one. These people were... "NO FUN!"

*gasp* *scream* *faint*

Ugh, CzarTim, you're right, your flavour text is so ducking useless—

4C8NZcy.gif

Nintendo stunned the world when it announced the NX. Who could have guessed it would be a full body unitard that tracks your movement wherever you go. You haven’t played Mario until you’ve actually had to make the jump in real life. On top of that, a new Zelda, F-Zero, Metroid, and a Pokémon MMO were announced for launch. The fervor for new waggle reached unseen heights as everyone clamored to get fitted for the new console. Soon Nintendo would be on top again.

You were smart enough to line up at your local game shop days in advance. The mood was ecstatic. Music blared, Smash was played, and a giant Yarn Yoshi stood watchful over the crowd. Soon the NX would be yours.... or so you thought.

The manager for the game shop came out with a clipboard with some startling news.

“So, uh, yeah. We, uh, we don’t really have enough of these things for, uh. So listen, this is the list of preorders, and uh. I’m not, uh, I don’t like confrontation, so.”

He awkwardly set down the clipboard and went back inside. The crowd was left stunned. Not enough consoles? Who would get one? How would you decide? Would you get your $5 back for the preorder? Isn’t it a bit narratively convenient to not mention how many consoles they have or when it launches?

As the crowd tried to diplomatically decide who should be removed from the list, it became clear a group of sinister people had their own ideas on who should get one. These people were... "NO FUN!"

*gasp* *scream* *faint*

Capitals only:

N Y T S H A

Rearrange to spell:

SHANTY

A "shanty" is defined as either a "small, crudely built shack", or a "song with alternating solo and chorus, of a kind originally sung by sailors while performing physical labour together".

Therefore, the NoFun team we're dealing with must be specifically comprised of campers and pirates.

Yep, lookin' at you, COD kid "Miller Time" cabbeh and Becky "dat booty" Lone_Prodigy.

Oh well, there is no point in discussing this today, my mind is set on Fireblend for today, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this tomorrow.

Also, Blarg, just a friendly reminder that you are still my target #1.

And I have no beef with cabbeh anymore, right now we have far better targets.

39GBCWa.jpg

I'm just waiting

Ah yes, TY, Mr. 13/15, for helping us get to 13/15 before the first Night even began.

THE WRONG 13/15.

¬_¬

Awesome tactical nuke strike on batsnacks the (formerly) verifiable jailer there. You should've hit Mr. "Townfeel" LaunchpadMcQ yesterday so we wouldn't have to deal with him and his "Town feels", constant chuckleducking and utter unreadability. And, maybe things would've played out differently conversation-wise with Karkador too, once his main antagonist was taken out of the conversation, which you totally had the power to do. Instead, you called the thunder down on a FunTown Jailer-claimer and robbed both him and us of the chance to verify his claim :/

Ya blew it, ghost.

But that's all in the past now, right?! It's all just crazy-dumb ramblings I've been throwing about, totes.

btw, I wonder, if Burbeting is the "Younger Sibling"/Watcher, is there an "Older Sibling"/??? as well? What say you about that possibility, Burbeting?

If you think Karkador was acting as a townie cop should, you're out of touch with reality.

It's like this isn't even your third game, trying to make it seem like "oh I was right about these guys" means you're not scum; the fact that you were dead on with both, and completely wrong about it, is very concerning.

THE CIRCLE OF THREE, DAY 2

1. Sorian

I have no issue turboing Fireblend because as I said earlier, I have no issues ending a day early for confirmed scum. I believe Burb's claim and because I know what I am, I know that means that Fire must be the killer (or there is a ninja and EVERYONE AND THEIR FUCKING MOTHER visited Ouro last night).

Don't confuse Burb for a protector of myself, I have to claim anyway.

My role is the Rich Kid. I am spoiled because my parents buy me whatever I want, including the newest NX console last week, along with the awesome Xbox One and the PS4. They can buy me anything I want except for friends. My role is that of the neutral survivor. Also, because I have no friends (and here's the part where Tim is a dick and no one believes me), I've developed weird hobbies and habits. One of those habits is that I believe everyone should be allowed to identify however they like, even if they feel like they should have been born as a cow. I have one night action. I am allowed to LICK another player and in the morning, they will wake up with a cowlick. I have two win conditions, if I meet either then I leave the game. The first is your typical survivor schtick. If I make it to the end of the game, then I win because I got to spend a lot of time with everyone and make new friends. The second is if everyone else in the game (I can't lick myself) has a cowlick then I am satisfied with my cow persona and I also win that way.

So there you are, have my claim, and know that I do play with the intention of killing scum. I'm not the type of player who can make it to the end of a long game so I did what any good neutral player would do. I 100% sided myself with town and am hoping we can end this swiftly and quickly.

I took awhile writing this up just now, I saw something else posted I want to respond to.

I know you're scum now unless Burb really is a crafty fuck so I'm not talking to you anymore.

VOTE: FIreblend

But no, what I give isn't exactly an item.

2. Burbeting

Alright so, I was not going to roleclaim this early in the game, but I feel like it’s the right thing to do because we have only 12 players, 3 of them is potentially mafia, four in worst case scenario. What this means is we don’t have exactly lot of time in this game, and now that our cop and the roleblocker dead, we are at a heavy disadvantage.

So here it goes, hope I don’t make the wrong decision here. I am the Younger Sibling. As the younger sibling, I have the power to tag along with people very discreetly since nobody never notices the younger sibling.

So in short, I am the town watcher. Why I claimed this now is because I watched Ourobolos last night, since I felt that he might get murdered most likely next night.

And yes indeed, two people visited Ourobolos. They were none others than Sorian and Fireblend.

Now, I wasn’t going to reveal myself now because I thought that Ouro was not going to die, and that one of the characters would be the killer and one of them would be a doctor. However, Ourobolos actually did die, so doctor didn’t visit him, that’s for sure. And now Sorian made his soft claim immediatly, and for now I am willing to believe him about it.

So that leaves us Fireblend then.

Vote: Fireblend

There is a slight chance that Sorian is lying about his claim, but right now I am very sure that Fireblend is a scum.

Again, I feel that this claim is now needed, because we don’t exactly have lot of time to accidentally mis-lynch people.

3. Fireblend

Ok, I fucked up hard. I admit it. But not for the reasons you guys are thinking.

I'm a prankster kid. I get to switch the actions that occur to two different players during the night.

I thought Ouro with his self-fulfilling prophecies was going to be killed tonight, and I tried to save him using my powers... by switching him with Sorian, someone I was already super suspicious of, who I knew the discussion would center around today.

Turns out, however, that scum didn't target Retro like I thought it would... I guess it targeted Sorian, and I indirectly killed Retro by redirecting that kill command towards him instead. I thought I'd use that knowledge to my advantage today, but now the tables have turned. Sorian, with my switch command, if you really did give Retro something, I could have made it so that you'd target yourself... of course the person who can validate me is the one person I now know for sure is scum.

Hey, i guess at least you guys get to kill Sorian when I flip town. Yipee.

Guess we'll see what happens now.

VOTE: SORIAN

FmNhcCe.png

CAST IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE/ROLE CLAIM

• Ourobolus was removed last Night. RIP Ourob
  • Sorian was the first among the Three to openly claim targeting Ourobolus last Night.
  • Burbeting is claiming to be a "Younger Sibling" FunTown Watcher, who watched Ourobolus last night, and is now voting for Fireblend.
  • Fireblend is claiming to be a "Prankster Kid" FunTown Switcher, who switched Ourobolus with Sorian last night, and is voting for Sorian.
  • Sorian is claiming to be a "Rich Kid" Neutral Survivor Cow who can win by either vanilla Surviving to the end, or by bestowing a 'Cow Lick' mark on 1 player a Night (except for himself) until everyone else in the game has been licked/marked; he claims to have Licked Ourobolus last night (which is now unverifiable), and is voting for Fireblend.
And; not only is Burbeting claiming that he saw 2 people visit Ourobolus last night, he is also claiming that he POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED these 2 by username as none other than Sorian and Fireblend, the other two Prime Evils besides himself?

#ALRIGHTYTHEN

Sorian, you're clearly doing it wrong; you should have role claimed as a FunTown Doctor who protected cabbeh last night, and vote for Burbeting.

¬_¬

LaunchpadMcQ is Mc'Loving this.

---
INTERESTING STUFF

I haven't forgotten about you Fireblend, so keeping quiet isn't going to help you ride this out.

Sorian was already saying he used his PR on Ouro before Burb came along

And Sorian's premade post is suspicious as hell. Why post it at all, authors note or no, if the whole thing is invalidated by Ouro's death?

You could have just not claimed. Instead you waited for Burb to write a defense for you. Thanks for that, Burb. Really fucking on point. You're a watcher, yet one guy is coming out of the closet with this and you give him an out? What is wrong with you guys?

If you think Karkador was acting as a townie cop should, you're out of touch with reality.

Kark wasn't acting like a Town Cop should, he was acting like a (somewhat) saner version of Star Wars me

I sensed our mutual Drift compatibility, which is why I defended him

And whatever Sick Reads™ you may have on me, they're dead wrong.

UNVOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

It's like this isn't even your third game, trying to make it seem like "oh I was right about these guys" means you're not scum; the fact that you were dead on with both, and completely wrong about it, is very concerning.

wut

Tell me how dirty I am, Launch

I want you to do it

Kark wasn't acting like a Town Cop should, he was acting like a (somewhat) saner version of Star Wars me

I sensed our mutual Drift compatibility, which is why I defended him

What nonsense is this?

Yeah, I don't give a shit.

wut

Tell me how dirty I am, Launch

I want you to do it

The way you did this is incredibly suspicious. It's funny how you take pride in the fact that you were right about two townies that were on their way out. You're using that as your evidence to build some cred and keep pushing for me, so when we end up mislynching a few townies, maybe the town will start saying "hmm maybe we should finally listen to Blarg".

Let me make something clear - I am town. I may have fucked up, but Kark gave me some pretty shitty plays to work with. We were both at fault for that.

Right now, you are look incredibly suspicious to me. If it weren't for the way this day started, I would be up your ass already. Don't worry, though, we'll still have time after this.

Sorian

Banned
Right now, you are look incredibly suspicious to me. If it weren't for the way this day started, I would be up your ass already. Don't worry, though, we'll still have time after this.

Lewd bear.

I, for one, currently trust Blarg. I do think he's being dumb thinking there is something up with L_P but yeah, figured that would be worth mentioning.

Sorian

Banned
Just a note, I'm going to bed now and I'll be on a plane for 5-6 hours tomorrow. I might post before I board just as a catch up thing but if I'm radio silent for longer than usual, that's why.

Like, mmkay, Becky. Keep hand-waving away my thus far 100%-accurate role reads. <3

batsnacks buckled and suspiciously claimed to be a FunTown Jailer; his fracturing was too strange NOT to be true, and the majority of you "experts" somehow couldn't believe that. I helped try to defend him. It turns out he was actually the FunTown Jailer. Wow.

Karkador suspiciously requested for us to Remove him and besides a few deviations from his path towards his own meagre self-defense, he continued to completely openly advocate for a Day 1 No Lynch. I rolled the possibilities around in my mouth; Ordinary Kid, Governor-type, Hunter-type, until I realized him baiting you all with himself was a very specific type of noise-making that I happen to pick up during my time in a galaxy far, far away, hence this following reply to him I had made and what I believe to be his subsequent Metal Gear-themed acknowledgement of my hinting, directly after its posting:

I GUT-realized he was a self-destructing Cop, as I had (highly unsuccessfully) attempted a similar gambit in the Star Wars S2 GAFia game when I was a handsome, daring Investigator. I was never going to put my gut-realization out there in the open because I didn't want to have any part in outing a Cop and on Day 1 of all Days, so I was hoping you'd all get the message on the lowdown. No one did, or at least, no one FunTown did. :/

In the end, it turned out my gut's realization was right as it most often is.

!

...but wait, what's that?

THE WRONG 13/15.

¬_¬

Ya blew it, ghost.

First, thanks for replying with something I can partially understand.

Again, hindsight is 20/20. Voting patterns and levels of aggression can't really be applied to our lynching of two town PR's because they played... oddly (I'm being generous with the term).

batsnacks wasn't verifiable. Nothing in this role suggested his target would get a cigarette. Votes were split between Kark and bat, and the odds were good that one was scum.

Launchpad could be scum, but he's not dead so no one can prove it. If you want us to go after him, stop drawing conclusions from numbers and hidden letters. There aren't bread crumbs to follow. Right now all I see is "Launchpad was wrong to go after Kark" which can be applied to half the remaining players.

Sorian

Banned
Its our chance, let´s turbo sorian ^^

So kind.

Real talk, I don't think it would be a bad idea to vote him out next phase, even if his licking checks out.

And here's the answer to your question of why I'm in the game even though it seems like I would just coast through easily now that I've said what I've said. I'm here as a gauge to see who is paranoid and who is actually interested in killing scum.

VOTE: Sorian

Voting for you, Sorian, towards a vote balance. I don't want to TURBO Fireblend just yet.

I just want to clarify, the Claim of Thrones goes like this, right? 'Positions' are totally abstract, btw, it's just how I understand the switching mechanic for myself.

Background:
  • Sorian, Burbeting and Fireblend WITH 100% SELF-AFFIRMATION ON THEIR PARTS, ALL claim to have visited Ourobolus last Night.
  • Burbeting, claiming to be a Watcher, claims he only saw two others besides himself which must be you two, Sorian and Fireblend, barring ninjas or a lie on his part, which corroborates the three of you's claims.
  • So, if we believe Burbeting to be a Watcher and believe him to be a USERNAME-IDENTIFYING-and-not-just-Suspicious-Activity Watcher and a truthful player; then, Burbeting did NOT kill Ourobolus. So, that leaves you two, Sorian and Fireblend, as the two suspects.
  • Fireblend claims to be a Switcher, and claims that he visited Ourobolus last Night to switch him with Sorian.
  • Sorian claims to be a Neutral Survivor who harmlessly marks/tags other players with a 'Cowlick', and claims that he can either survive to the end, or give everyone living a Cowlick, to win.
Thus, behold a slice of the multiverse:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCENARIO A:
So, looking at this incident from Burbeting's POV, and assuming Fireblend's Switcher role claim is TRUE and assuming Sorian is TELLING THE TRUTH:

1. - Burbeting is watching Ourobolus.
  2. - Sorian visits Ourobolus to Cowlick him with his role's allegedly harmless tagging power. Ourobolus becomes 'Licked Ourobolus'. SORIAN shows up as the 1st contact on Burb's Ouro-radar, 1 out of 2.
  3. - Sorian returns to his position.
  4. - Fireblend then grabs Sorian, taking Sorian with him to visit 'Licked Ourobolus' for the switching. Thus, FIREBLEND shows up as the 2nd contact on Burb's Ouro-radar, 2 out of 2.
  5. - Fireblend leaves Sorian in 'Licked Ourobolus'' position, and takes 'Licked Ourobolus' to Sorian's former position; switching them.
  6. - 'Licked Ourobolus' dies during the Night while occupying Sorian's former position.
  7. - Sorian is unhurt in 'Licked Ourobolus'' former position.

OR (if Fireblend's switch occured BEFORE Sorian's Cowlick)
  8. - Burbeting is watching Ourobolus.
  9. - Fireblend grabs Sorian, taking Sorian with him to visit Ourobolus for the switching. Thus, FIREBLEND shows up as the 1st contact on Burb's Ouro-radar, 1 out of 2.
  10. - Fireblend leaves Sorian in Ourobolus' position, and takes Ourobolus to Sorian's former position; switching them.
  11. - Sorian then visits Ourobolus to Cowlick him with his role's allegedly harmless tagging power. Ourobolus becomes 'Licked Ourobolus'. SORIAN shows up as the 2nd contact on Burb's Ouro-radar, 2 out of 2.
  12. - Sorian returns to his new position, which was Ouro's.
  13. - 'Licked Ourobolus' dies during the Night while occupying Sorian's former position.
  14. - Sorian is unhurt in Ourobolus' former position.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With SCENARIO A, the guess is that someone targeted Sorian for killing last Night, but because of Fireblend's switching of Sorian with Ourobolus, Ourobolus was the one who was killed instead. Thus:

Burbeting is innocent.
Sorian is innocent.
Fireblend is innocent.​

This scenario has played out assuming that ALL THREE ARE TELLING THE TRUTH. Yet, right now, Sorian and Burbeting are voting to Remove Fireblend, despite him clearly being innocent if they're all telling the undeniable truth. So why? Why are they collaborating on this vote together? Why do they BOTH believe that Fireblend is lying?

I'll come back to a 'potentially lying Fireblend' in a bit, but, first, let's discuss if Sorian is lying.

What if Sorian only showed up on Burb's Ouro-radar BECAUSE of Fireblend's switching?

What if Sorian never visited Ourobolus with his alleged power role power?

What if Sorian is LYING?

SCENARIO B:
So, looking at this incident from Burbeting's POV, and assuming Fireblend's Switcher role claim is TRUE and assuming Sorian is LYING:

2. - Fireblend grabs Sorian, taking Sorian with him to visit Ourobolus for the switching. Thus, FIREBLEND and SORIAN show up as the 2 contacts on Burb's Ouro-radar, instant 2 out of 2.
  3. - Fireblend leaves Sorian in Ourobolus' position, and takes Ourobolus to Sorian's former position; switching them.
  4. - Ourobolus dies during the Night while occupying Sorian's former position.
  5. - Sorian is unhurt in Ourobolus' former position.

With SCENARIO B, the guess is AGAIN that someone targeted Sorian for killing last Night, but because of Fireblend's switching of Sorian with Ourobolus, Ourobolus was the one who was killed instead. Hence, again:

Burbeting is innocent.
Sorian is innocent.
Fireblend is innocent.​

Thus, if Sorian is lying about having visited Ourobolus but Fireblend isn't lying, the story and Burb's account still checks out, and therefore Fireblend is innocent. And yet, we arrive at the same current conundrum of both Burb and Sora voting to Remove Fireblend. :/

SO THEN, what if Sorian is LYING about his role's HARMLESSNESS, and he's actually a NoFun-aligned KILLER who DID visit Ourobolus but to kill him himself?

SCENARIO C:
So, looking at this incident from Burbeting's POV, and assuming Fireblend's Switcher role claim is TRUE and assuming Sorian is LYING ABOUT HIS OWN HARMLESSNESS and IS ACTUALLY A KILLER WHO HIMSELF ATTACKED OUROBOLUS LAST NIGHT:

2. - Fireblend grabs Sorian, taking Sorian with him to visit Ourobolus for the switching. Thus, FIREBLEND and SORIAN show up as the 2 contacts on Burb's Ouro-radar, instant 2 out of 2.
  3. - Fireblend leaves Sorian in Ourobolus' position, and takes Ourobolus to Sorian's former position; switching them.
  4. - Sorian visits his former position and kills Ourobolus.
  5. - Ourobolus dies during the Night while occupying Sorian's former position.
  6. - Sorian is unhurt in Ourobolus' former position.

With SCENARIO C, the guess is that right after Fireblend switched Sorian with Ourobolus, Sorian then turned around and killed Ourobolus with his "harmless" "Cowlick", making him preeminently guilty. This scenario hinges on a single gameplay mechanic assumption: that a Switcher works BEFORE the Night Kill phase of the Night, which must be how it works, right? No point in switching corpses around. Therefore:

Burbeting is innocent.
Sorian is GUILTY.
Fireblend is innocent.​

Sorian HIMSELF affirmed with great zeal that he targeted Ourobolus last Night with his "harmless" "Cowlick" power, and he was mighty hot out the gate today to drop that pre-made post regarding Ourobolus as soon as the Day started. dat pre-meditation. Scandalous.

A while back, Sorian states that he breadcrumbed this 'Cowlicking Rich Kid' role claim in a post to cabbeh; but, he could easily have been setting this all up from an early age. This breadcrumb makes his role claim MORE suspicious, not less. He himself breadcrumbed it, after all.
#Sorian'sLongGame

But, for the sake of the multiverse; along with a lying, murderous Sorian, let's bring the possibility of a lying, murderous Fireblend into the fold.

What if AT THE SAME TIME, Fireblend has been LYING about a switch, and a switch never happened in the first place? What if Fireblend and Sorian are BOTH killers, though separately-aligned, who both targeted Ourobolus last Night?

SCENARIO D: (AKA 'The lolwut Possibility')
So, looking at this incident from Burbeting's POV, and assuming Fireblend is LYING AND A SWITCH NEVER HAPPENED and IS ACTUALLY A KILLER WHO HIMSELF ATTACKED OUROBOLUS LAST NIGHT and assuming Sorian is LYING ABOUT HIS OWN HARMLESSNESS and IS ACTUALLY A KILLER WHO HIMSELF ATTACKED OUROBOLUS LAST NIGHT:

2. - Fireblend visits Ourobolus and kills him. (AND/OR) Sorian visits Ourobolus and kills him.
  3. - Ourobolus dies/gets rekt overkilled during the Night, in his original position as no switch has occurred.
  4. - Thus, FIREBLEND and SORIAN show up as the 2 contacts on Burb's Ouro-radar, 2 out of 2.
  5. - Sorian is unhurt in his original position.
I dunno about the chances of having both a NoFun-aligned and a 3rd-party/Neutral killer target the same wretched soul in a Night. A HIGHLY UNLIKELY scenario, but nonetheless it must be considered, so in this case:

Burbeting is innocent.
Sorian is GUILTY.
Fireblend is GUILTY.​

Bleh. Nope. I don't think so.

...alrighty then, let's pull it back to a more plausible, and currently the "thread-Official scenario" in which only Fireblend is lying, so a switch between Sorian and Ourobolus never occured and Fireblend visited Ourobolus last Night for the express purpose of killing him; which, is what Sorian and Burbeting must BOTH currently believe, considering that they're currently both gunning to lynch Fireblend today?

SCENARIO E:
So, looking at this incident from Burbeting's POV, and assuming Fireblend is LYING AND A SWITCH NEVER HAPPENED and IS ACTUALLY A KILLER WHO HIMSELF ATTACKED OUROBOLUS LAST NIGHT and assuming Sorian is TELLING THE TRUTH:

2. - Sorian visits Ourobolus to Cowlick him with his role's allegedly harmless tagging power. Ourobolus becomes 'Licked Ourobolus'. SORIAN shows up as the 1st contact on Burb's Ouro-radar, 1 out of 2.
  3. - Sorian returns to his position.
  4. - Fireblend visits 'Licked Ourobolus' and kills him. Thus, FIREBLEND shows up as the 2nd contact on Burb's Ouro-radar, 2 out of 2.
  5. - Sorian is unhurt in his original position.

So, Scenario E would result in the following:

Burbeting is innocent.
Sorian is innocent.
Fireblend is GUILTY.​

Which is what you all seem to be accepting as the official Night 1 canon right now.

How about this next one, then?

SCENARIO F:
Burbeting is a murderous NoFun-aligned KILLER along with his partner-in-crime, NoFun-aligned Sorian, and they're playing along with each other as shown by their mutual Fireblend vote, because Burb and Sora are in NoFun cahoots. No Watching, no "harmless" Cowlicking, just pure cahoots.

1. - Burbeting or Sorian or ??? chucklefucks Ourobolus during the Night.
  2. - Both Burbeting and Sorian craft and corroborate their Watcher/Neutral Survivor role claims/alibis in the Mafia thread, to match each others. They present everything publicly today.
  3. - Poor Fireblend, being FunTown, has no such advisor support, and he royally botches up his Switcher role claim with the whole RetroMG-instead-of-Ourobolus mentioning.
  4. - He's successfully scum-framed and we lynch him today.

Where:

Burbeting is GUILTY.
Sorian is GUILTY.
Fireblend is innocent yet dies at the end of today.​

Hmm. Possible, possible. But personally, I think this last one is the most likely:

SCENARIO GIRL:
15 players in-game.
CONFIRMED:
- 1 3-shot Town Cop (Karkador).
- 1 Town Jailer (batsnacks).
UNCONFIRMED:
- 1 Town Switcher (Fireblend).
- 1 Town Watcher (Burbeting).
- 1 Neutral Survivor (Sorian).
- 1 "Town" Miller (cabbeh).
- 1 ???-aligned Day "Vigilante" (Lone_Prodigy).

TOTAL: 7 power roles out of 15 players so far. Hmmmm. Is that everything? Please correct me if I missed anyone.

Oh yeah, better make that 8 power roles so far, because I'm adding The Only Girl in the World to that list.

Ep2tAmX.png

Yep, I'm joining that club. I'm choosing to out myself now to grant you all a bit of clarity over what happened last Night, because my power is quite unique and me clarifying all of this for you right now benefits FunTown in the end, which is in direct reference to what I'm about to reveal:

I have a 2-shot portable Lightning Rod hand-out ability at Night; the role flavour states that I have two Princess Peach-themed handkerchiefs in my purse, and when I drop one in front of somebody/my chosen target, that person is shoved out of line by the mob of guys scrambling to bend down and and pick it up for me.

Now here's the shit: I'm a NoFun-aligned player, who becomes FunTown AFTER I've dropped both of my Peach 'kerchiefs/given out both my Lightning Rods, as I'd have "finally gained a respect for the merchandise". The second catch is that I started out without access to and "will forever be separate from" the main NoFun contingent and the private mafia chat, "because you're a special snowflake", role flavour-wise. That bit of text was also partly my reason for all the Frozen references >_> I'm entirely un-recruitable and never privy to the NoFun party chat because I'm going to become a FunTown member after my 2-shots are used up.

Essentially, I exist to fuck up everything for EVERYBODY ELSE twice, then I become a FunTown-aligned Ordinary Kid afterwards.

Also, if I happen to drop a Peach 'kerchief in front of/give a Lightning Rod to a main NoFun member, we BOTH instantly die that Night, and the Lightning Rod effect isn't activated, because I'd "leave the store with him to fulfill your manic pixie dream. Who needs an NX when you find love at first sight?". I know that you all really won't trust me when I say that, but that's literally what this dumb role PM says about that and since I'm going to become a FunTown member after I hand this last Rod/'kerchief out, I really have no reason to lie to you all.

I gave one of my Lightning Rods to Sorian last Night, resulting in all last Night's used powers targeting him. Besides me wanting to redirect NoFun's Night Kill towards him in honour of Karkador's demise, Sorian was also the first holder of one of my distributed pills, the blue one. Those were purely symbolic. He was always going to be my first target, by his own unwitting choice. ;) And since he received my 'kerchief and I'm not dead, it must lend some credence to his Neutral role claim, no?

Yet... Sorian lives. :/ In this case, to my understanding, it must have been Fireblend's claimed switch, along with NoFun's mafia kill, that occurred last Night. Hence, my Rod kicking in and Fireblend switching Ourobolus with Sorian instead of switching him with RetroMG as he mentioned, and Ourobolus dying instead of Sorian, who must have been NoFun's original target last Night (which makes my giving him a Lightning Rod moot, in hindsight). :/ It's all a clusterduck with this switcheroo + Rod tomfoolery.

There could have been a 3rd-party SK redirected towards Ouro as well, who knows with this apparent game of Role Madness, CzarTim/Palmer. ¬_¬ With this smaller game size though, I doubt one exists, unless Sorian's been lying and is actually a Neutral Arsonist, and his "Cowlicks" are the equivalent of dousing people until he chooses to ignite all his targets in one go. Basically, I'm saying that I don't believe you're harmless at all, Sorian.

Fireblend is both confused and confusing as fuck right now because of my Lightning Rod distribution to Sorian last Night, which most likely explains his RetroMG-not-Ourobolus naming disaster in his role claim post. Should've composed yourself, brah. I don't know what other powers may have kicked in last Night to affect all this cowpat, but NO MORE ROLE CLAIMS, PLEASE. Mine is the last one you'll all need today, trust me.

I know I could plead to you all to spare my currently-NoFun ass for a handful more Day/Night cycles by asking you all to basically vote for who you want to die on a coming Night and letting me give my Rod/'kerchief to him, but duck that, I'm not going to follow any of your planking suggestions. What I AM going to do though, is tell you all straight-up right now; I'm going to give my second, final Lightning Rod to LaunchpadMcQ tonight. If you all remember, he was the second to pick a pill, specifically, he's holding onto the red Blarg pill, but that was just a symbolic gesture of course, heh.

So, I'm following through with that gesture tonight, for Karkador and for glory. If you all truly believe LaunchpadMcQ is Town, then you all better lynch me today, because he's been a scandalous Feel Aggressor since the beginning of the game and I'm going to duck his suspiciou-ass the quack up tonight or die trying (because whether he's NoFun or not, I'll be taking him down with me UNLESS he's both FunTown AND NoFun team decides not to kill tonight. Is that even a possible decision on their part, to decide not to kill on a Night?).

I don't care if Fireblend uses his claimed switching power to try and save him tonight; if I live through this Day I'm giving this Lightning Rod to LaunchpadMcQ tonight no matter what, and whoever dies in his place will be on Fireblend's game-conscience, not mine.

He's a potential nuisance to my personal plan tonight, admittedly, but before you continue to pursue lynching Fireblend today, kindly take into consideration my Rod distribution last Night frying his understanding of the proceedings.

Honestly, my choice would be to lynch cabbeh today to get the Miller claim out of the way, as it's unverifiable except through lynching (but now that Kark's dead, aren't we all?).

tl;dr: BRING ON THE GORMLESS POLICY LYNCH, BECAUSE NONE OF YOU CAN READ THE FUTURE LIKE I CAN AND IT'S A CRYING SHAME

Sorian

Banned
I, unfortunately, don't have time to create a big post to go through what you just said Blarg but I just want to add two things for everyone else when they are trying to verify if he is telling the truth or not. I can't target myself, if I am forced into targeting myself for any reason then my action will fail. Alternatively, I can't lick someone who is dead. I've verified that if my target dies during the night, then my action fails (which tells me on a timeline that my move probably occurs near the end of all possible moves). With that being said, my action failed last night so take that how you will. If you are to be believed, that does make me a a bit less sure of my Fireblend vote but then my question is how the watcher role works. According to you, the Watcher should have been watching me and I believe it's uncommon for the watcher to see someone visiting themself? So, I'm not quite sure I believe you either.

That being said, I'm not an arsonist. I don't actually know how arsonist roles fit in to balanced games but wouldn't that mean there has to be a firefighter in the game as well? If that's the case, I challenge that person to role claim because if you do then I know you're a fucking liar and that gives me something to look at.

I, unfortunately, don't have time to create a big post to go through what you just said Blarg but I just want to add two things for everyone else when they are trying to verify if he is telling the truth or not. I can't target myself, if I am forced into targeting myself for any reason then my action will fail. Alternatively, I can't lick someone who is dead. I've verified that if my target dies during the night, then my action fails (which tells me on a timeline that my move probably occurs near the end of all possible moves). With that being said, my action failed last night so take that how you will. If you are to be believed, that does make me a a bit less sure of my Fireblend vote but then my question is how the watcher role works. According to you, the Watcher should have been watching me and I believe it's uncommon for the watcher to see someone visiting themself? So, I'm not quite sure I believe you either.

If the Circle of Three is ALL telling the truth, then after I Lightning Rodded you, Fireblend switched Ourobolus with you instead of RetroMG, and Burbeting, having originally targeted Ourobolus, was then forced to watch you instead, but since Fireblend switched you and Ourobolus, Burb ended up watching Ourob just like he had intended, because Fireblend's switch and my Lightning Rod negated each other, apparently. Unless there are more power roles that moved last Night that somehow changed it all up.

That's if you're all telling the truth. It's all your word against mine. I just deployed the stupid thing onto you, I didn't have a clue about what would happen, I just assumed that you'd be dead by the beginning of Day 2. Yet lo and behold, Ourob is dead instead of you. How? :/

You're still alive, and I've been trying to fathom how you survived based on the info in the three of you's role claims for a few hours now. ._.

That being said, I'm not an arsonist. I don't actually know how arsonist roles fit in to balanced games but wouldn't that mean there has to be a firefighter in the game as well? If that's the case, I challenge that person to role claim because if you do then I know you're a fucking liar and that gives me something to look at.

I dunno, I'm just spit-balling at you. It's a possibility I see.

roytheone

Blarg crazyiness

This is one of the most crazy ass role claims I have seen yet, I have to give you credit for that! Anyway, I don't believe a word you are saying here. Basically, if you indeed gave a lightning rod to someone, and Burbeting is really the watcher, he would have seen you visit that person. Not only that, he would have seen EVERYONE THAT DID A NIGHT ACTION visit that person. He will not just have seen Sorian and Fire, but at least also you and probably some more people judging from how many PR we have. Yet he didn't.

Sorian

Banned
This is one of the most crazy ass role claims I have seen yet, I have to give you credit for that! Anyway, I don't believe a word you are saying here. Basically, if you indeed gave a lightning rod to someone, and Burbeting is really the watcher, he would have seen you visit that person. Not only that, he would have seen EVERYONE THAT DID A NIGHT ACTION visit that person. He will not just have seen Sorian and Fire, but at least also you and probably some more people judging from how many PR we have. Yet he didn't.

I don't think the watcher would have seen Blarg. Blarg's action was on me and would have obviously been before the watcher started watching me. That being said, I'd be surprised if Fire and I are the only night actions left so I do have issue believing this claim.

roytheone

I don't think the watcher would have seen Blarg. Blarg's action was on me and would have obviously been before the watcher started watching me. That being said, I'd be surprised if Fire and I are the only night actions left so I do have issue believing this claim.

I also would be EXTREMELY surprised if that is the case. That is all I am going to say on that for now, but if Burb is speaking the truth, Blarg is lying.

1. I used the Lightning Rod on Sorian. Burbeting claims to have originally targeted Ourobolus for watching. After I used the Lightning Rod on Sorian, Burbeting was forced to start watching Sorian, not Ourobolus. Burbeting wouldn't have detected me using it on Sorian, because I believe that he would have started watching Sorian AFTER I had used the Rod to redirect him to watch Sorian in the first place. It wouldn't have kicked in before then. Then, Fireblend's switch of Ourobolus with RetroMG was then redirected into Ourobolus with Sorian, and so Ourobolus was put back into Burbeting's vision cone by Fireblend's switch after my Lightning Rod had initially displaced him. Thus, me and Fireblend negated each other with our powers and Burbeting ended up watching Ourobolus just as he had originally intended to; and thus, Burbeting saw 2 people visit Ourobolus during his watch just like he had stated, Fireblend (1) taking Ourobolus (2) with him to transfer him into Sorian's position, which he was watching.

2. You're assuming Burbeting is telling the truth.

3. 2 power roles are already dead and I've accounted for the ones I know about above.

4. You're assuming everyone's all telling the truth.

5. role claim pls

Sorian

Banned
1. I used the Lightning Rod on Sorian. Burbeting claims to have originally targeted Ourobolus for watching. After I used the Lightning Rod on Sorian, Burbeting was forced to start watching Sorian, not Ourobolus. Burbeting wouldn't have detected me using it on Sorian, because I believe that he would have started watching Sorian AFTER I had used the Rod to redirect him to watch Sorian in the first place. It wouldn't have kicked in before then. Then, Fireblend's switch of Ourobolus with RetroMG was then redirected into Ourobolus with Sorian, and so Ourobolus was put back into Burbeting's vision cone by Fireblend's switch after my Lightning Rod had initially displaced him. Thus, me and Fireblend negated each other with our powers and Burbeting ended up watching Ourobolus just as he had originally intended to; and thus, Burbeting saw 2 people visit Ourobolus during his watch just like he had stated, Fireblend (1) taking Ourobolus (2) with him to transfer him into Sorian's position, which he was watching.

You don't get to pick and choose. If you used a lighting rod then ALL of the actions would have been seen by the watcher regardless of the switch hijinks. Only your Lightning rod move would have gone undetected in this case because of the nature of what it was.

You don't get to pick and choose. If you used a lighting rod then ALL of the actions would have been seen by the watcher regardless of the switch hijinks. Only your Lightning rod move would have gone undetected in this case because of the nature of what it was.

lol I really have no idea what I'm talking about k, I'm just calling it like I sees it, based off the role claims on the table

I just thrust my Rod unto you under the assumption that you'd be /rekt last Night

If I survive today, I'm not going to waste it on you again, I'm going to use it on Blarg pill-holder LaunchpadMcQ tonight and see what happens

That is my assumption as well, as I said to roy.

Sorian

Banned
lol I really have no idea what I'm talking about k, I'm just calling it like I sees it, based off the role claims on the table

I just thrust my Rod unto you under the assumption that you'd be /rekt last Night

If I survive today, I'm not going to waste it on you again, I'm going to use it on Blarg pill-holder LaunchpadMcQ tonight and see what happens

I don't believe you still because it isn't making sense yet but if what you say is true then my lick test is going to fail.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm trying to post bit more about Blarg's claim later, but for now short-ish stuff:

1. If you are telling the truth and we assume Fire did switch Retro and Ouro originally, why did he say that he changed Sorian and Retro, only to later on say he fucked up and meant Sorian and Ouro? Wouldn't he have said that he switched Retro and Ouro? Would Tim have told him that the people he switched changed during the night?

2. I too think that if Blarg speaks the truth, I wouldn't have seen him during my watch.

roytheone

1. I used the Lightning Rod on Sorian. Burbeting claims to have originally targeted Ourobolus for watching. After I used the Lightning Rod on Sorian, Burbeting was forced to start watching Sorian, not Ourobolus. Burbeting wouldn't have detected me using it on Sorian, because I believe that he would have started watching Sorian AFTER I had used the Rod to redirect him to watch Sorian in the first place. It wouldn't have kicked in before then.

Alright, I will give you this one, this can be true.

Then, Fireblend's switch of Ourobolus with RetroMG was then redirected into Ourobolus with Sorian, and so Ourobolus was put back into Burbeting's vision cone by Fireblend's switch after my Lightning Rod had initially displaced him. Thus, me and Fireblend negated each other with our powers and Burbeting ended up watching Ourobolus just as he had originally intended to; and thus, Burbeting saw 2 people visit Ourobolus during his watch just like he had stated, Fireblend (1) taking Ourobolus (2) with him to transfer him into Sorian's position, which he was watching.

This one is weird. A switch action consists of two actions. So how does a lightning rod determine which of those two actions it attracts? Why would it become Ourob <> Sorian, and not Retro <> Sorian? Is it the first name Fire typed in his PM? I think it makes more sense if the lightning rod attracts both switch actions, and we get sorian <> sorian.

2. You're assuming Burbeting is telling the truth.

For now I am, yes. of all the role claims made today (Sorian, Fire, Burb and you), that one makes the most sense to me and I trust the most.

4. You're assuming everyone's all telling the truth.

No I am not. I just believe that both Sorian and Fire indeed did a night action, but I do seriously doubt that fire actually did a switch action, and I am a little suspect about the whole lick thing with sorian. Still, an action is an action, and Burb had to see it, unless it is a ninja action.

5. role claim pls

No, what are you trying to do here, fishing for role claims? Ain't going to happen buddy.

cabot

Burb getting actual usernames back is a bit odd to me, is that an expected ability in Mafia games?

I thought it would just tell you there were 1 or 2 people involved with this person at night or something.

Top Bottom