• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

yo Blargonaut HOW'S THAT STEP-BY-STEP PLAY POST GOING

3pLH9bg.gif

SalvaPot

If Blarg is telling the truth then he cleared me of being scum last night.

Yes. The same could be said if we lynch him, we can see if what he said is true and that would clear you too.

If we let him make his plan and launch is NOT mafia, we got NOTHING. All we get is one more town role out. Do you want to risk it? WHY would we risk it? Blarg is right there. Our confirmation is right there. Lynching him right now is better than waiting, no matter how you spin it. The only way letting him live is if Launch is scum, but blarg himself does NOT now for sure he is, he just think he is. And when have Blargs intuiton has been right?

Yes. The same could be said if we lynch him, we can see if what he said is true and that would clear you too.

If we let him make his plan and launch is NOT mafia, we got NOTHING. All we get is one more town role out. Do you want to risk it? WHY would we risk it? Blarg is right there. Our confirmation is right there. Lynching him right now is better than waiting, no matter how you spin it. The only way letting him live is if Launch is scum, but blarg himself does NOT now for sure he is, he just think he is. And when have Blargs intuiton has been right?

zJqub8D.gif

Sorian

Banned

Because Fire has a higher likelihood of being scum. If Blarg is scum, him loving it dying doesn't matter today. If NFA wants to kill Launch, they don't need Blarg alive to do it. I see no reason why we should kill Fire, let Blarg do his little test, and see how it rolls. On the off chance that Blarg is telling the truth, he has set the perfect trap for a Launch that is scum and if he is wrong? All you guys lose is your sleep walker. It's a good plan if he isn't bullshitting and if he is bullshitting then we catch him tomorrow anyway.

No I think that it doesn't matter. NFA is killing someone tonight, sure, Blarg is forcing it to be you presumably but what difference does that make? We aren't in control of who NFA kills anyway, pretend that they are choosing you tonight.

Seriously, Sorian?

Scenario 1: We lynch Fireblend, I die during the night, now you don't know if Blarg was telling the truth because I'm dead and we have no other confirmation of ANYTHING.

Scenario 2: We kill Blarg, we know if he was lying or not, then we know for sure Fireblend is lying. I could still die in this scenario, but you don't have a goddamn question mark over Blarg for another day phase.

I just want to give Tim a giant FUCK YOU for giving me this retarded ass role, with a damned if I do damned if I don't purpose. Honestly, this is stupid as fuck.

I am livid.

Sorian

Banned
Seriously, Sorian?

Scenario 1: We lynch Fireblend, I die during the night, now you don't know if Blarg was telling the truth because I'm dead and we have no other confirmation of ANYTHING.

Scenario 2: We kill Blarg, we know if he was lying or not, then we know for sure Fireblend is lying. I could still die in this scenario, but you don't have a goddamn question mark over Blarg for another day phase.

It outs you as scum if he is telling the truth and right. Trust me, I'd love to kill Blarg today because of he is telling the truth then I am 100% not scum but I don't care about that. I'm playing the long game on hunting scum. Killing Fire and letting tonight happens will clear and condemn the most people.

If I roleclaim, I have a target on my back, even if it's at the beginning of the game.

If I don't, I get immediate suspicion when I get noticed.

I was destined to die.

It outs you as scum if he is telling the truth and right. Trust me, I'd love to kill Blarg today because of he is telling the truth then I am 100% not scum but I don't care about that. I'm playing the long game on hunting scum. Killing Fire and letting tonight happens will clear and condemn the most people.

This is bullshit. You benefit from this and it's a big part of why you're pushing it.

Your entire reasoning is stunted, Sorian. I am mad as hell and I don't care where I direct it at this point.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I don't care if I die, but under these circumstances? No fucking way. I'm not going down because of Blarg.

Sorian's reasoning is as retarded as my role. Blarg has to die first. You guys are going to have NOT A FUCKING THING tomorrow. You may as well turbo me now, because it's going to be the same FUCKING difference.

Sorian

Banned
This is bullshit. You benefit from this and it's a big part of why you're pushing it.

Your entire reasoning is stunted, Sorian. I am mad as hell and I don't care where I direct it at this point.

STOP BEING STUPID. Think about why a lighting rod action would benefit town greatly tonight. Stop bitching about your role and actually think about it for a second. Yes, your role sucks, that's too bad. You have probably scum in Fireblend which you can take out right now and if Blarg is telling the truth then you all gain so much. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you unless you want me to spell it out for scum too.

STOP BEING STUPID. Think about why a lighting rod action would benefit town greatly tonight. Stop bitching about your role and actually think about it for a second. Yes, your role sucks, that's too bad. You have probably scum in Fireblend which you can take out right now and if Blarg is telling the truth then you all gain so much. I shouldn't have to spell it out for you unless you want me to spell it out for scum too.

Jesus Christ Sorian.

YOU WON'T KNOW BLARG IS TELLING THE TRUTH UNLESS WE BOTH DIE

HOW IS THAT A GOOD SCENARIO!?!?!?

SalvaPot

Because Fire has a higher likelihood of being scum. If Blarg is scum, him loving it dying doesn't matter today. If NFA wants to kill Launch, they don't need Blarg alive to do it. I see no reason why we should kill Fire, let Blarg do his little test, and see how it rolls. On the off chance that Blarg is telling the truth, he has set the perfect trap for a Launch that is scum and if he is wrong? All you guys lose is your sleep walker. It's a good plan if he isn't bullshitting and if he is bullshitting then we catch him tomorrow anyway.

Sleep walker is still a town role, just like ordinary kid. Would you sacrifice ordinary kid to give a chance to a scum player to prove he is not scum by killing another player? Come on now, its clear you just want to keep the game going because you just need to survive, this is not pro-town play at all.

Blargs plan is, at best, risky, and at works, stupid.

And another thing.

If Blarg is telling the truth, which is unlikely, then Fireblend must be telling the truth, because that's the only way that Ouro could have died.. Your logic is ass backwards.

Burbeting

Banned

I have definitely thought about it. At first I was thinking about leaving subtle hints about me being young sibling (something like "oh man I must be one of the youngest players here"), in the hopes that my possible older sibling would notice, so that I would have someone in the game who could trust me with no doubts. But then decided against it because Tim specifically said that we couldn't really figure things out just based on flavory text, so I thought it was not necessary.

Sorian

Banned
Jesus Christ Sorian.

YOU WON'T KNOW BLARG IS TELLING THE TRUTH UNLESS WE BOTH DIE

HOW IS THAT A GOOD SCENARIO!?!?!?

You're a dipshit you know that? You have a watcher, genius. If they kill tonight and a lightning rod activates then the watcher gets to see the kill and you've outed another scum. Sorry you have to die for that but apparently the NEUTRAL player needs to point these things out for Mr. Town over here.

Sorian

Banned
And another thing.

If Blarg is telling the truth, which is unlikely, then Fireblend must be telling the truth, because that's the only way that Ouro could have died.. Your logic is ass backwards.

This is why I also don't care much. Blarg's claim hardly makes sense. There's no reason to cover all of the bases.

SalvaPot

You're a dipshit you know that? You have a watcher, genius. If they kill tonight and a lightning rod activates then the watcher gets to see the kill and you've outed another scum. Sorry you have to die for that but apparently the NEUTRAL player needs to point these things out for Mr. Town over here.

...launch does not need to die. You can prove exactly what you want to prove by lynching Blarg. Is the same fucking thing, only without losing a day. How can´t you see that? If blarg is saying the truth you are in the clear. EITHER WAY IS GOOD FOR YOU.

So why are you defending blarg so hard? Do you know something we don´t?

Sorian

Banned
Sleep walker is still a town role, just like ordinary kid. Would you sacrifice ordinary kid to give a chance to a scum player to prove he is not scum by killing another player? Come on now, its clear you just want to keep the game going because you just need to survive, this is not pro-town play at all.

Blargs plan is, at best, risky, and at works, stupid.

I would sacrifice an ordinary town to pinpoint a scum, of course, that is always a good trade.

Sorian

Banned
...launch does not need to die. You can prove exactly what you want to prove by lynching Blarg. Is the same fucking thing, only without losing a day. How can´t you see that? If blarg is saying the truth you are in the clear. EITHER WAY IS GOOD FOR YOU.

So why are you defending blarg so hard? Do you know something we don´t?

Did you read the post you quoted? On the off chance he is actually a lightning rod, your watcher will catch another scum. If you kill the lightning rod then there is no guarantee he is watching the right target tonight and odds are he gets targetted instead.

Did you read the post you quoted? On the off chance he is actually a lightning rod, your watcher will catch another scum. If you kill the lightning rod then there is no guarantee he is watching the right target tonight and odds are he gets targetted instead.

Also, have you considered that there may be a doctor in play and it completely invalidates Blarg's entire roleclaim, but he knew that the doctor wouldn't roleclaim to counter him because that would be a stupid thing for a doctor to do?

roytheone

Wouldn't the watcher see ALL the PR? We don't know how many people have night actions, for all we know burb may get a list of 6 persons. Of course, that again raises the question why he only got 2 people last night, which is the main reason i think blarg is lying.

SalvaPot

Or we could use the watcher on another user in another player, the fact that blarg exist makes finding the real killer next to impossible, because he can just lightning rob the command. Without Blargonaut, finding the real scum is far more easy with the watcher, because we don´t get the extra step and the confusion.

Blarg just makes the whole game HARDER for town. It adds an extra step, an extra steps leaves less clues for town. Can you at least agree with that?

Sorian

Banned
Also, have you considered that there may be a doctor in play and it completely invalidates Blarg's entire roleclaim, but he knew that the doctor wouldn't roleclaim to counter him because that would be a stupid thing for a doctor to do?

Wouldn't the watcher see ALL the PR? We don't know how many people have night actions, for all we know burb may get a list of 6 persons. Of course, that again raises the question why he only got 2 people last night, which is the main reason i think blarg is lying.

The assumption is that everyone with a PR used it last night. Roy, I know this is probably why Blarg is lying. Launch, in this world where Blarg is telling the truth, there is no doctor unless they just didn't feel like protecting last night for reasons.

The assumption is that everyone with a PR used it last night. Roy, I know this is probably why Blarg is lying. Launch, in this world where Blarg is telling the truth, there is no doctor unless they just didn't feel like protecting last night for reasons.

Why are you assuming Blarg is telling the truth?? Didn't you just call me out earlier today for believing his bullshit? WTF MAN!?

Seriously, Sorian?

Excuse me, LaunchpadMcQ?

Scenario 1: You lynch Fireblend/anyone else today, I'm free to Rolling Thunder magnetize your bearhind tonight and we let them all see who's left standing between NoFun you and "NoFun" me tomorrow. This is what I want.

Scenario 2: You lynch ME today, you all watch me flip role on Groundhog Day 2 again, and LaunchpadMcQ and his Railroad Tycoon advisors enjoy their third scenic POV train ride this Week. Fireblend gets to Die Another Day. A Lightning Rod, and poor little ol' almost-FunTown me, are wasted.

Scenario 3: We lynch YOU today, freeing me up to use my last Lightning Rod on someone more important instead, because with you still standing, I'm not compromising on my gift selection. I'd be open to a public suggestion ballot if we go this route. This is what we need.

Excuse me, LaunchpadMcQ?

Scenario 1: You lynch Fireblend/anyone else today, I'm free to Rolling Thunder magnetize your bearhind tonight and we let them all see who's left standing between NoFun you and "NoFun" me tomorrow. This is what I want.

Scenario 2: You lynch ME today, you all watch me flip role on Groundhog Day 2 again, and LaunchpadMcQ and his Railroad Tycoon advisors enjoy their third scenic POV train ride this Week. Fireblend gets to Die Another Day. A Lightning Rod, and poor little ol' almost-FunTown me, are wasted.

Scenario 3: We lynch YOU today, freeing me up to use my last Lightning Rod on someone more important instead, because with you still standing, I'm not compromising on my gift selection. I'd be open to a public suggestion ballot if we go this route. This is what we need.

At least in Scenario 3, I won't be at the mercy of a madman.

SalvaPot

tumblr_mtlcbbvk7c1qg90dao1_500.gif

Honestly, I don't know how you guys still think I might be lying. There was a huge attitude shift as soon as I roleclaimed. I mean, come on.

Top Bottom