• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

SalvaPot

I already explained above Salva. Someone is dying tonight anyway, in exchange for guaranteeing that it is Launch, we also have a very high chance of knowing who his killer is (Blarg is probably lying though). If Blarg is lying, he has no power to change the kill tonight (unless he is NFA and they are letting him choose the kill tonight.

I read what you explained and I already said why I think its the worst way to go about it.

What would happen if Fireblend is actually Fun and his claim that he is a switcher is true? What then? We would be down two town players because that would mean Blargonaut wanted Fire dead too, and THEN we would kill blargonaut the day after, after he did the MOST damage possible.

Please reconsider, killing Blargonaut right now is a much much better option than killing, just because his role is a bigger mystery than Fireblend.

FIie could be either a switcher or NFA with a kill, pretty simple. 50% (33% if we take into account Sorian could be the real killer, not Fire)

Blargonaut could be either a NFA that becomes Town OR just a NFA. That is a 100% warranted Pro-Town move.

...am I dumb? Am I the only one here who says the odds? This doesn´t have anything to do with Launch, Blarg could be targetting any other person and it would still be dumb for us to just LET him.

Sorian

Banned
I read what you explained and I already said why I think its the worst way to go about it.

What would happen if Fireblend is actually Fun and his claim that he is a switcher is true? What then? We would be down two town players because that would mean Blargonaut wanted Fire dead too, and THEN we would kill blargonaut the day after, after he did the MOST damage possible.

Please reconsider, killing Blargonaut right now is a much much better option than killing, just because his role is a bigger mystery than Fireblend.

FIie could be either a switcher or NFA with a kill, pretty simple. 50% (33% if we take into account Sorian could be the real killer, not Fire)

Blargonaut could be either a NFA that becomes Town OR just a NFA. That is a 100% warranted Pro-Town move.

...am I dumb? Am I the only one here who says the odds? This doesn´t have anything to do with Launch, Blarg could be targetting any other person and it would still be dumb for us to just LET him.

I know you probably don't believe me but Fire's flip tells me whether Burb was full of shit or not. Fire gives us more information for the day while allowing Blarg to do whatever or nothing which is only good for us.

SalvaPot

I know you probably don't believe me but Fire's flip tells me whether Burb was full of shit or not. Fire gives us more information for the day while allowing Blarg to do whatever or nothing which is only good for us.

No it won´t, Blargs claim makes it all unreliable, because his skills just brings confusion of what burb can catch and what he can´t, because it all depends on the priority of the attacks.

What happened first? Did your lick failed because of the switch or because of Ouros death? Stuff like that, also we have no reason to doubt burb because all the parties involved didn´t deny his claim, they just adapted to their playstyle.

Lynching Blargonaut is the easiest, faster, better option to get closer to the truth.

Sorian

Banned
No it won´t, Blargs claim makes it all unreliable, because his skills just brings confusion of what burb can catch and what he can´t, because it all depends on the priority of the attacks.

What happened first? Did your lick failed because of the switch or because of Ouros death? Stuff like that, also we have no reason to doubt burb because all the parties involved didn´t deny his claim, they just adapted to their playstyle.

Lynching Blargonaut is the easiest, faster, better option to get closer to the truth.

I don't know what you are confused about. The lightning rod acts first, watcher comes later. There is no debate about the order of these actions. My lick also comes after the lightning rod. EVERYTHING goes after lightning rod unless a roleblocker targets Blarg then that would go first and stop him.

SalvaPot

I don't know what you are confused about. The lightning rod acts first, watcher comes later. There is no debate about the order of these actions. My lick also comes after the lightning rod. EVERYTHING goes after lightning rod unless a roleblocker targets Blarg then that would go first and stop him.

And where would you put the kill command in this order of yours?

SalvaPot

After the lightning rod like everything else? A lightning rod is a very specific role, it obviously has to take place first.

Nononono, you are missing the point, I mean the kill command with relevance with the switch/lick/other commands.

For all the claims he did to work, that means that both Blarg and Fire are saying the truth, at least partially.

Blarg claims he targeted YOU Sorian.

But you didn´t die. Because Fireblend switched you with Ourobolus.

That means THE SWITCH HAPPENED BEFORE lighting rod activated.

And that means LIGHTING ROD DOESN´T have a clear place in the order commands function, making your theory have an exploitable flaw.

Sorian

Banned
Nononono, you are missing the point, I mean the kill command with relevance with the switch/lick/other commands.

For all the claims he did to work, that means that both Blarg and Fire are saying the truth, at least partially.

Blarg claims he targeted YOU Sorian.

But you didn´t die. Because Fireblend switched you with Ourobolus.

That means THE SWITCH HAPPENED BEFORE lighting rod activated.

And that means LIGHTING ROD DOESN´T have a clear place in the order commands function, making your theory have an exploitable flaw.

The switch didn't happen before the lightning rod? I was already a target of the switch regardless. That being said, I obviously think both Fire and Blarg are lying. That's what I'm testing here.

SalvaPot

The switch didn't happen before the lightning rod? I was already a target of the switch regardless. That being said, I obviously think both Fire and Blarg are lying. That's what I'm testing here.

If you think are lying... then why are you letting Blargonaut live? If he is lying, he is clearly not playing for town and he can easily be NFA.

Also, if Blarg is lying, then there is STILL a chance that Fireblend is innocent.

Would you be ok with lynching Blargonaut today and Fireblend tomorrow if we don´t get any leads?

maxcriden

seems like it's being blocked for some reason :/

That's terrible. Rehosting!

Ok, fixed:

img_20150905_194012060gqjl.jpg

If you think are lying... then why are you letting Blargonaut live? If he is lying, he is clearly not playing for town and he can easily be NFA.

Also, if Blarg is lying, then there is STILL a chance that Fireblend is innocent.

Would you be ok with lynching Blargonaut today and Fireblend tomorrow if we don´t get any leads?

If Fireblend is innocent, then what happened last night? Sorian and Burb consciously targeted Ouro.

I'm not saying that I disagree that lynching Blarg today isn't as helpful as lynching Fireblend, though. I think they're both lying.

Sorian

Banned

Blarg lying doesn't tell me anything. Fire tells me that Burb lied. I want to verify Burb.

Timeaisis

We're making a decision based on four people that are all potentially lying. We need to go with the smartest, least risky maneuver that gives us the most information and doesn't needlessly put town at risk.

I think that decision is going after Fire or Sorian.

SalvaPot

If Fireblend is innocent, then what happened last night? Sorian and Burb consciously targeted Ouro.

I'm not saying that I disagree that lynching Blarg today isn't as helpful as lynching Fireblend, though. I think they're both lying.

Oh, I am not saying Fire is for sure innocent, I am saying there is a small small small chance based on his claim, because the lighting rod ability Blarg is claiming combined with the switch might make burb unable to see the real killer.

I honestly think they are BOTH NFA and Blarg is trying to give more time for the rest of the NFA to plan something out, killing a commuter sounds like something NFA would want very very much. its true, NFA is going to kill anyone anyway, but what good those it give us to know who they are killing?

The main flaw is that Blarg plan depends on:

NFA decides to kill no matter what.
NFA does not have a distracting PR that can block Blarg.
A bodyguard does nothing to try to protect ouro.

Is it me or does this sound like an scenario THAT HELPS NFA IN EVERY SINGLE WAY. Saying "Hey guys I am getting Launch get killed" means NFA target pretty much anyone else and it won´t matter, its making NFA work easier. And we don´t know exactly how it works.

If Blarg role works in a way that every role is redirected to one user, that means that burb should have been able to SEE blarg to, but he didn´t. That means there is a chance that, if the kill action was redirected to Sorian, and then switched, burb won´t be able to see the real killer. Its, effectively, a way to stealth kill.

Point is, there roles are so weird, so random, so vague, THAT WE CAN´T TRUST THAT EVERYTHING WE HEARD ABOUT THEM SHOULD BE TAKEN AT FACE VALUE. Just by the evidence alone presented by burb.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to lynch Blargonaut. He is a wild card, unpredictable.

I´ll ask again. Who is willing to lynch Blargonaut instead of Fire?.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, I am not saying Fire is for sure innocent, I am saying there is a small small small chance based on his claim, because the lighting rod ability Blarg is claiming combined with the switch might make burb unable to see the real killer.

I honestly think they are BOTH NFA and Blarg is trying to give more time for the rest of the NFA to plan something out, killing a commuter sounds like something NFA would want very very much. its true, NFA is going to kill anyone anyway, but what good those it give us to know who they are killing?

Is it me or does this sound like an scenario THAT HELPS NFA IN EVERY SINGLE WAY. Saying "Hey guys I am getting Launch get killed" means NFA target pretty much anyone else and it won´t matter, its making NFA work easier. And we don´t know exactly how it works.

If Blarg role works in a way that every role is redirected to one user, that means that burb should have been able to SEE blarg to, but he didn´t. That means there is a chance that, if the kill action was redirected to Sorian, and then switched, burb won´t be able to see the real killer. Its, effectively, a way to stealth kill.

Point is, there roles are so weird, so random, so vague, THAT WE CAN´T TRUST THAT EVERYTHING WE HEARD ABOUT THEM SHOULD BE TAKEN AT FACE VALUE. Just by the evidence alone presented by burb.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to lynch Blargonaut. He is a wild card, unpredictable.

I stopped reading at the bolded. Who is the commuter?

I am willing to lynch Blarg, on the off-chance he's telling the truth and I die

Sorian

Banned

Jesus, what? Ok I read the rest of this, Salva, you don't understand how lightning rod works. First off, no Burb would not have seen Blarg. Blarg used lightning rod on ME. Burb was watching Ouro during the time lightning rod was.....cast I guess. Then Burb's attention went to me, he would see everything EXCEPT for the lightning rod action. As for the rest of the bolded, my plan takes all of those into account already. Please ask specific questions if you don't understand what I mean.

Sorian

Banned
I must say, I am not a fan of how Sorian is leading the narrative here.

Sorry, I offered a plan that no one has really poked a hole in yet except for the obvious "well what if Burb is lying" that's why I want to test that first by killing Fire. There's also the "well what if Sorian is lying" obviously I don't put much stock in that because I know that I'm not but yes, I could see why that would be a worry because there is no indication yet that I lick. Hopefully I can prove that tomorrow, though again, I'm kind of screwed if Blarg is really going to lightning rod.

SalvaPot

Jesus, what? Ok I read the rest of this, Salva, you don't understand how lightning rod works. First off, no Burb would not have seen Blarg. Blarg used lightning rod on ME. Burb was watching Ouro during the time lightning rod was.....cast I guess. Then Burb's attention went to me, he would see everything EXCEPT for the lightning rod action. As for the rest of the bolded, my plan takes all of those into account already. Please ask specific questions if you don't understand what I mean.

Why are you so sure about how lighting rod works?

And why do you care so much about how lighting rod works IF YOU THINK BLARG IS LYING?

If Blarg is lying lighting rod is just a thing he invented for his convenience.

Ok, ignore for now all his roles, all the actions, all the way night 1 could have worked.

Just go with the claims.

Why would Blarg claim he is a NFA role that can switch to fun after, conveniently, one more night? Why would we let him kill Launch?

All the things you are taking into account are far easier to confirm JUST LYNCHING BLARGONAUT. The fact that you keep ignoring this tells me you are clearly playing for your own convenience, not town.

Lynching Blarg is EASIER, no matter how we see it. He is the most risk free option. Even if we lynch Fire and he flips NFA, NFA STILL HAS A KILL, if we don´t lynch him now we can always kill him tomorrow and he will still be 100% the main suspect.

If we lynch Blarg, we can see his description. And that description will tell us the truth about how Ouro died last night. We are giving Blarg the flow of the game FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Conversely, and I know we've been putting a lot of stock into the probability that Fireblend is lying, but if he's not, we've lost a pseudo-protection role. We're already down one.

What's bugging me here is that, typically, the kill is the absolute last action to take place. So, I'm not sure why you're lick failed, unless Tim has failed us.

Sorian

Banned
Why are you so sure about how lighting rod works?

And why do you care so much about how lighting rod works IF YOU THINK BLARG IS LYING?

If Blarg is lying lighting rod is just a thing he invented for his convenience.

Ok, ignore for now all his roles, all the actions, all the way night 1 could have worked.

Just go with the claims.

Why would Blarg claim he is a NFA role that can switch to fun after, conveniently, one more night? Why would we let him kill Launch?

All the things you are taking into account are far easier to confirm JUST LYNCHING BLARGONAUT. The fact that you keep ignoring this tells me you are clearly playing for your own convenience, not town.

Lynching Blarg is EASIER, no matter how we see it. He is the most risk free option. Even if we lynch Fire and he flips NFA, NFA STILL HAS A KILL, if we don´t lynch him now we can always kill him tomorrow and he will still be 100% the main suspect.

If we lynch Blarg, we can see his description. And that description will tell us the truth about how Ouro died last night. We are giving Blarg the flow of the game FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Except the method I propose gives us another NFA name or forces them not to kill tonight. Your method is cowering in the corner and just killing scary Blarg without using him and then we know he lied or told the truth but, by themselves, those pieces of information don't mean much. I mean, by all means, go for it, if you kill him and he was telling the truth then that proves I'm not scum. I'll keep voting for Fire though.

Conversely, and I know we've been putting a lot of stock into the probability that Fireblend is lying, but if he's not, we've lost a pseudo-protection role. We're already down one.

What's bugging me here is that, typically, the kill is the absolute last action to take place. So, I'm not sure why you're lick failed, unless Tim has failed us.

I asked Tim a question about order of actions when it comes to my lick and I didn't like the answer, I'll leave it at that.

Sorian

Banned
Actually I guess its not really against the rules to reveal what he said, maybe it'll help you guys see things from my angle. My action only succeeds if the target WAKES UP with the cowlick. Ouro never woke up last night, so the action would have failed in that case.

Actually I guess its not really against the rules to reveal what he said, maybe it'll help you guys see things from my angle. My action only succeeds if the target WAKES UP with the cowlick. Ouro never woke up last night, so the action would have failed in that case.

Yes, but you also can't lick yourself - so, that would be another reason why it could have failed.

Sorian

Banned
Yes, but you also can't lick yourself - so, that would be another reason why it could have failed.

I'm aware, I just didn't like the answer because it 100% verified that either scenario could have happened. I can't tell you EXACTLY when my lick happens in the night but I can say that it would have failed if it had just applied to Ouro in a regular scenario without lightning rods or switchers. Then it's just a matter of who you believe or who you think provides the most info on death.

I'm aware, I just didn't like the answer because it 100% verified that either scenario could have happened. I can't tell you EXACTLY when my lick happens in the night but I can say that it would have failed if it had just applied to Ouro in a regular scenario without lightning rods or switchers. Then it's just a matter of who you believe or who you think provides the most info on death.

Again, the problem is, when you consider how helpful a switcher can be, this would be a bigger gamble than lynching Blarg then eventually lynching Fireblend contingent on Blarg's flip.

SalvaPot

Except the method I propose gives us another NFA name or forces them not to kill tonight. Your method is cowering in the corner and just killing scary Blarg without using him and then we know he lied or told the truth but, by themselves, those pieces of information don't mean much. I mean, by all means, go for it, if you kill him and he was telling the truth then that proves I'm not scum. I'll keep voting for Fire though.

I asked Tim a question about order of actions when it comes to my lick and I didn't like the answer, I'll leave it at that.

What if Fireblend flips town? What then?

Sorian

Banned
What if Fireblend flips town? What then?

Burb is a lying piece of shit, if Launch is telling the truth, there should be another watcher in the game WHO SHOULD HAVE COME FORWARD IN SOME WAY to prevent this situation. The biggest loss is if NFA has a ninja.

Sorian

Banned
In what scenario am I trading one for the other here? You're can't guarantee mafia won't kill Burb regardless of what we do.

Think about it, if Blarg is alive, they have to kill you to protect him if he is on their team. If he isn't on their team, he has no reason to lie and his lightning rod would be guarding Burb. If he is lying just for funsies, NFA should be killing you or doing a no kill to frame Blarg. His life tonight is effectively protecting Burb.

Think about it, if Blarg is alive, they have to kill you to protect him if he is on their team. If he isn't on their team, he has no reason to lie and his lightning rod would be guarding Burb. If he is lying just for funsies, NFA should be killing you or doing a no kill to frame Blarg. His life tonight is effectively protecting Burb.

Or ignore out trap and kill Burb.

SalvaPot

Burb is a lying piece of shit, if Launch is telling the truth, there should be another watcher in the game WHO SHOULD HAVE COME FORWARD IN SOME WAY to prevent this situation. The biggest loss is if NFA has a ninja.

...No, Fire flipping town in NO way makes burb a lying jerk, what the fuck are you talking about?

Also, what are the odds of burb lying. YOU confirmed what he said was true. FIRE confirmed what he said is true. Both of you admitted you visited Ouro in some way.

The chances of Fire been town are low, but THEY ARE STILL HIGHER THAN BLARG, that we know, 100% sure, is NOT town.

Blarg is not town.

Blarg is not town.

Blarg is not town.

100%.

Why are we listening to him? Help me out, lets lynch him now. You know his information is going to be better than Fire no matter what.

Also, if Blarg was telling the truth, Fireblend could cover Burb. It's not as cut-and-dry as saying that Burb's life is being protected just because Blarg is alive.

Sorian

Banned
Or ignore out trap and kill Burb.

Sure but do you really think Blarg is just lying for funsies? I don't

...No, Fire flipping town in NO way makes burb a lying jerk, what the fuck are you talking about?

Also, what are the odds of burb lying. YOU confirmed what he said was true. FIRE confirmed what he said is true. Both of you admitted you visited Ouro in some way.

The chances of Fire been town are low, but THEY ARE STILL HIGHER THAN BLARG, that we know, 100% sure, is NOT town.

Blarg is not town.

Blarg is not town.

Blarg is not town.

100%.

Why are we listening to him? Help me out, lets lynch him now. You know his information is going to be better than Fire no matter what.

I said I visited Ouro BEFORE Burb claimed anything. He isn't some magical wizard using me in his role claim, that just means he knows how to read. He isn't cleared at all. Like I said, Blarg is probably going to attract the NFA, that's my only desire to see him alive tonight.

SalvaPot

You guys didn´t listen to me about Karkador and see what happened. I told you guys about the odds he was town, you didn´t listen. Of course, I was not expecting him to be the cop, but there was no need to lynch him after we lynched bats.

Now I am telling you exactly why is better to lynch Blarg, and again you guys (As in Sorian) are focused on the first suspect, without looking into the big picture and the odds.

My vote for Blargonaut is set and I hope for the good of town at least a few of you follow it, I am sure SURE is the best for town.

Sorian

Banned
Also, if Blarg was telling the truth, Fireblend could cover Burb. It's not as cut-and-dry as saying that Burb's life is being protected just because Blarg is alive.

If Blarg is telling the truth, I've provided a scenario where he delivers the NAME of a NFA member to you guys. Sure, if Fire is the switcher and not lying then he could protect Burb, which I know is good, but it doesn't give us anything. Let me put it like this though. Where has Fire been? Why hasn't he answered any of your questions about his flavor? It's not as cut and dry as Salva wants to make it by saying BLARG IS 100% NOT TOWN. That's not a 100% statement at all. Both Blarg and Fire have pros and cons. I contend that killing Fire has more pros and less cons.

Top Bottom