• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Actually, you know what. Blargonaut, come here. Air your grievances against me.

Why the hell are you so dead set on me? What have I done to deserve this tunneling?

I don't like this. Blarg is holding us hostage. If we don't lynch Launchpad he dies anyway? Your fascination with him is bordering on obsessive. If I didn't know any better it almost sounds like your win condition is getting him killed.

I'm tempted to vote Blarg. Getting potential scum is good, but scum controlling the game is even more worrisome, even if he happens to conveniently flip town later.

Speaking of convenience, funny how all of last night's actions are so easily explained.

SalvaPot

I don't like this. Blarg is holding us hostage. If we don't lynch Launchpad he dies anyway? Your fascination with him is bordering on obsessive. If I didn't know any better it almost sounds like your win condition is getting him killed.

I'm tempted to vote Blarg. Getting potential scum is good, but scum controlling the game is even more worrisome, even if he happens to conveniently flip town later.

Speaking of convenience, funny how all of last night's actions are so easily explained.
Vote Blargonaut please, the more pressure we put on him the more batshit insane he becomes.

Sorian

Banned
If launch is flipped sleepwalker or any other town role, and blarg survives the night, what would that prove?

Why are you assuming Blarg is telling the truth?? Didn't you just call me out earlier today for believing his bullshit? WTF MAN!?

I've been out with family all day since I got off the plane, let me get back to a computer in about an hour and I'll write a real post with my thoughts because apparently it's being lost in translation.

Launch though, relax.

I've been out with family all day since I got off the plane, let me get back to a computer in about an hour and I'll write a real post with my thoughts because apparently it's being lost in translation.

Launch though, relax.

I'm relaxed, but please, you're trying to let Blarg take us hostage here.

Sorian

Banned
You know what, just fuck off Sorian. You're not even town. I don't know why we should listen to you.

And please don't take this attitude with me. I'm aware that Blarg put you in a shit situation but my only utility to town is how well I can point out scum now. I'm not a number for you and my ability is useless. If I was only suggesting lynch targets that helped me directly, that would be extremely short sighted and I'd lose. I'm playing the long game here, I want to be town's mercenary.

Actually, you know what. Blargonaut, come here. Air your grievances against me.

Why the hell are you so dead set on me? What have I done to deserve this tunneling?

---
Lol I should've known.

I think Blarg is the guy to lynch today. I'll be dead if he's telling the truth and if he's lying then he's mafia.

VOTE: Blargonaut

You've been nothing but aggressive-reactive since the beginning of the game, for all the wrong reasons.

You conform to whatever's in front of you; I called you out on being a flip-flopper in the beginning on a whim and you've been lolworthily trying to prove me wrong ever since, which ultimately resulted in you leading the railroading against Karkador and helping to bury batsnacks. Those trains were godsends for you, weren't they? One person makes one suspicious-ass public display and you jump straight out of the bushes to gobble that bait right up to the lynch end because it gives you a free activity pass, and then you claim it was all their fault and spit on their "stupid" playstyles after they're gone. Your playstyle in this game sickens me.

You've been surfing on our asses since the very beginning. You're scummy. You even had Sorian convinced for a while there of imitating your reactive playstyle, claiming that it's the smart thing to do right now. No, it's NOT. We should be discussing this Circle of Three cowpat between us as much as possible for FunTown's sake, not waiting for other people to spoonfeed us so we can spit it back in their faces like you've been doing.

Hah. Ok, let's get this out of the way then since my role barely has a purpose.

Burb is telling the truth just based off of my role. There is definitely a role that watches for activity, because my role exists to stir shit up and produce noise.

I am Incontinence Guy. Every night, I visit a random person (not of my choosing) and tell them to watch my stuff while I go to the bathroom. I don't know who is visited, either. Essentially a town-aligned sleepwalker.

It used to be an even night commuter and I had been purposely been trying to paint a target on my back, getting Blarg to use his lightning rod on me (which would have failed, sorry bud). However, Tim corrected my role PM and I thought he only changed the flavor to poke some fun at me regarding the mechanics in the DR game; however, he changed the role's ability as well, so it's only now that I realize that I should have claimed yesterday to get this shit out of the way.

Bullshit.

This is gold, Launch. PURE. GOLD.

Please don't tell me that you people actually believe what he's spraying. He's hiding the shit out of something and it shows.

"Incontinence Guy"? So, what, you're going to tell me in the end that all the times you've referenced "shit" in your posts was some kind of stupid breadcrumbing towards your role's name? This is a stupid-ass role claim on your part that I now realize I inadvertently helped construct for you, Launch, because as a joke, I've been calling you out whenever you say a line referencing that "you've seen shit", with this GIF:

sjnq3a5.gif

Now you're using my own jokes against me, Launch. You built a role claim with my jokes and you're countering me with it. That's funny.

So you're telling me, that right after I've outed myself with an actual ability and the full intent to try and use it to kill you tonight, you're now telling me that you've been an EVEN-Night Town Random Sleepwalker who's been purposely baiting me the WHOLE TIME for the express purpose of making me waste my stated power on you tonight, even though you've never even known I had a power at all? Are you serious? You're coming out of the walls again just to counter my claim and you come up with this perfectly tailored shit? It's 100% perfectly-tailored to counter my claim and cover your own ass tonight, relying on your bathroom buddy Yes Men cabbeh and SalvaPot to eat it all up for you and support your Town Feel butt against mine. It's sad how they're still backing you. You smug bear. You even bring CzarTim and a "role misunderstanding" into it. Sure, Launch. All of this information you're presenting me is way too fucking convenient a counter as a whole against my recent claim.

You tailored this shit claim just to counter mine and it's obvious. Try harder, Launch. If you want to lie, at least have a little ambiguity mixed in.

to get this shit out of the way.

There's even a FINAL SHITTY PUN there

THERE'S EVEN A FINAL SHITTY PUN

WeUaBet.png

I'm not going to go all the way back and cherrypick a narrative out of our posts for you. These two posts sum up my current feels on the matter.

---

I'm also not having fun anymore.

Want to play Forum Jenga?

And please don't take this attitude with me. I'm aware that Blarg put you in a shit situation but my only utility to town is how well I can point out scum now. I'm not a number for you and my ability is useless. If I was only suggesting lynch targets that helped me directly, that would be extremely short sighted and I'd lose. I'm playing the long game here, I want to be town's mercenary.

You called me a dipshit m8

let's just drop it.

---

WeUaBet.png

I'm not going to go all the way back and cherrypick a narrative out of our posts for you. These two posts sum up my current feels on the matter.

---

Want to play Forum Jenga?

I'll go point-by-point.

• I've been aggressive-reactive? I'm not sure what this means. I sat here and watched Karkador self-destruct, in a very scummy way (Tim even put it into flavor for us). I had no idea what to do with that except pursue it, and the closer we got to the deadline, the more scummy Karkador started acting. I don't know what you mean by I conform. Karkador was acting crazy. I can't affect other people's actions.
  • I am not a flip-flopper, because I tunneled in on Kark, so IDK what that even means. You're making completely contradictory statements, one after the other.
  • I DID NOT BURY BATSNACKS. You must be high if you think that.
  • I've been leading votes, yet I've been surfing. Again, you don't even know what you want to say.
  • I haven't breadcrumbed with "shit". That's just untrue. Actually, the flavor PM for my thing is talking about urinary incontinence - it says I drink too much water.
  • How can I be using your own joke against you to build a roleclaim when I said this before the game had even started.
  • Again, there was a miscommunication here between Tim and I. I thought he was making a joke about my game, so I ignored the PM correction.
  • This is besides the point where I think this role is dumb as fuck. I'm under the impression that Tim thought it was a good idea because he misunderstood one of the roles I had in my game. I am separately annoyed at this role's existence, because it is wholly anti-town; there is no use for this and it's, in my opinion, a bad design choice. I know, this is coming from the guy that's getting railroaded, but it's not a good feeling to be "town", yet work so wholly against it. Again, I thought I was the commuter and I was trying to get you to target me so it would fail, but when I asked Tim a question this morning, I realized that the second role PM had been legitimate.
  • I don't even know how this can be construed as an answer to your roleclaim.

And dude, don't fucking make a megapost response please. Just give me some legit responses I can answer, because I don't want you to do what you want to do. I'm town. I know you won't feel anything when I'm dead, but goddamnit, I will.

Welcome back, Becky "Town" 1-shot Day Vigilante.

If you're insinuating that I'm a Lyncher/Framer whose target is LaunchpadMcQ, you're dead wrong. Not only does that not corroborate with the role claims on the table, it doesn't make sense by itself either. Why didn't I just give him a Lightning Rod during Night 1 instead of Sorian, then?

I could've just given LaunchpadMcQ one of my Lightning Rods on Night 1, seen the HOT OVERKILL MASSACRE result on the morning of Day 2 and be done with this game in no time flat. A Power Lyncher/Framer would be the most bastard of bastard roles. I have no specified targets. In the end, my power essentially allows me to pick which of the two factions to be in, that's it. I chose to reveal myself after the role claim chaos of the Circle of Three this Morning, because me keeping what happened on Night 1 a secret from you all does not help FunTown, the faction I'm going to be in tomorrow if you let me live today, in the long run. I wasn't going to watch you people waste your time uselessly discussing those three's role claims when I also had an inadvertent hand in Night 1's shenanigans. I'm charitable like that.

And do you honestly believe CzarTim/Palmer are that sadistic anyway, and that we're in some sort of Bastard Role Madness game? Because by-and-by, your role lends credence to that theory.

So I have what is probably a pretty good question here..

Why did you choose Sorian instead of me night 1? You were super hot on me at the end of day 1 - what happened?

Sorian

Banned
Ok, here are all my thoughts, I guess no reason to be coy since it puts NFA in a potential lose-lose situation for tonight anyway. First, let me give all my assumptions on the matter. I know that I am telling the TRUTH. I think that Burb is telling the TRUTH. I think that Fireblend is LYING. I think that Blarg is LYING. I think that Launch is telling the TRUTH.

So I want to kill Fireblend because I know that he visited the person that died last night and as the watcher only saw 2 people visit and as Fireblend is claiming that he SWITCHED Ouro and I, that would mean NFA targeted me which makes 0 sense since I was the potential death by lynch today.

IF BLARG IS LYING: What do we lose by not lynching Blarg today? Nothing. We still catch Blarg tomorrow. Launch isn't any more or less likely to die because Blarg has no say in the matter (unless he is NFA but oh well, gotta accept they might kill you Launch).

IF BLARG IS TELLING THE TRUTH: This becomes complicated but every scenario leads to positive results to town so I see no reason not to just let him play tonight.

-He targets Launch, Launch is scum, Blarg dies, Launch dies (? I didn't pay attention to see if the lightning rod still takes affect over Blarg's dead body anyway). If Launch doesn't die because I am understanding the power wrong then fine, the fact that Launch's body DID NOT turn up and Blarg's body DID turn up means that we've caught Launch as scum (We kill scum tomorrow: POSITIVE). As added bonus, if the kill still goes through on Launch then that forces Burb to watch Launch as well, he gets a list that should just say myself and another new name which would be the killer because in this timeline where Blarg is telling the truth, apparently only 2 people did night actions and Fire will be dead now if I get my wish which clears up that list.

-He targets Launch, Launch is town. Launch dies because NFA kill got redirected to him. HERE'S HOW WE TEST BLARG'S CLAIM IF LAUNCH IS TOWN: NFA might just target Launch tonight now for the lolz to confuse us but that is fine. Burb just needs to WATCH LAUNCH. If I show up on the list then Blarg did his lightning rod thing. If I do not show up on the list then the lightning rod thing was bullshit. (Meaning I will not be licking Launch to help with this plan).

-He targets Launch, Launch is town, NFA decides to issue a NO KILL tonight in an attempt to confuse us. I CAN STILL VERIFY WHETHER BLARG IS TELLING THE TRUTH OR NOT WITH THE HELP OF BURB. Same scenario. Burb watches Launch, if I show up on his list then a lightning rod was active, if not then Blarg is full of shit.

Then with the new data we get tomorrow, we will know straight away whether Blarg lied or not as long as I LICK ANYONE BUT LAUNCH and BURB WATCHES LAUNCH. At this point, if Blarg does not go through with what he has said totally and completely (lightning rod target: Launch) then we probably policy lynch him tomorrow because he told a huge lie today to hide something.

With that being said, what about the people who have soft claimed PR? DON'T SAY ANYTHING MORE ABOUT YOUR ROLE. You should do exactly what you did last night. If you did no action last night, do no action again. If you targeted someone with your ability, target the same person again (unless it was Ouro, I would just do no target tonight to not confuse anything).

Tell me what is wrong with this plan because if the only issue is that it makes Launch the bait then I'm sorry, blame Blarg for that, not me. This plan is 100% sounds and I understand it sucks for you Launch but killing Blarg to save you is not worth it when we could potentially catch 1 or even 2 NFAs in an act.

Sorian

Banned
Unfinished business.

But we're cool now, right Sorian? ;)

Depends whether you are telling the truth or not. If you are telling the truth about your role then it's a shame you had the hard-on for Launch because I think he is town but you really are a hero with this move.

Also, Sorian, when you come back, let's not make this about you vs me. Let's talk about Blarg vs Fireblend.

See above, please know this is nothing personal against you. Blarg played the hand this way and because that hard-on is for you, it makes it so there are a lot of scenarios where you die tonight.

Before I read your post, I went back and sifted through the thread a bit.

I'm with lynching Fireblend. I think both Blarg and Fireblend are lying and honestly, I just got worked up because of the role confusion and Blarg was threatening me so much. I stopped thinking clearly. Blarg has come in to take advantage of this situation, and likely wants to be lynched for some reason or another.

VOTE: Fireblend

Don't have much to add to your above post. I'm in agreement. Like I said, I wasn't thinking clearly. Blarg is lying out of his ass, as is Fireblend.

Sorian

Banned
Don't have much to add to your above post. I'm in agreement. Like I said, I wasn't thinking clearly. Blarg is lying out of his ass, as is Fireblend.

Be fair with me. Do you see a hole in what I propose? I want to know if I'm missing something because the way you and Salva were coming back at me, I felt like my proposal was crazy.

The only hole would be if Blarg and Fireblend were both telling the truth, but the narrative is too convenient.

Consider that:
1) You targeted Ouro
2) Burb targeted Ouro
3) Fireblend targeted Ouro and you
4) Blarg targeted you

It's entirely unlikely that all of these things are true. I would sooner say that Blarg is trying to save Fireblend from a bad lie (which, by the way, I'm still waiting on the flavor for his role).

Sorian

Banned
The only hole would be if Blarg and Fireblend were both telling the truth, but the narrative is too convenient.

Consider that:
1) You targeted Ouro
2) Burb targeted Ouro
3) Fireblend targeted Ouro and you
4) Blarg targeted you

It's entirely unlikely that all of these things are true. I would sooner say that Blarg is trying to save Fireblend from a bad lie (which, by the way, I'm still waiting on the flavor for his role).

The only issue with everyone telling the truth is that I don't think Burb would have seen me visiting myself. To be fair, my real worry with Burb is my action failed. I almost feel like I wouldn't have shown on anyone's report because I didn't actually do anything. I wasn't going to ask Tim though because that is Burb's place to question, not mine.

The only issue with everyone telling the truth is that I don't think Burb would have seen me visiting myself. To be fair, my real worry with Burb is my action failed. I almost feel like I wouldn't have shown on anyone's report because I didn't actually do anything. I wasn't going to ask Tim though because that is Burb's place to question, not mine.

Yeah, this is actually a huge hole in here. I can believe that my action wasn't lightning-rodded or swapped, but a watcher role is not typically swapped. It wouldn't make sense, as swapping exists to counter such a role. I believe that he would see you on the report, though.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, this is actually a huge hole in here. I can believe that my action wasn't lightning-rodded or swapped, but a watcher role is not typically swapped. It wouldn't make sense, as swapping exists to counter such a role. I believe that he would see you on the report, though.

As I've said from the beginning of the day, Burb might be taking us for a ride. A lot of what we've all been saying takes for granted that he is telling the truth. Fire is still the best bet either way though, if he flips town that gives us all the doubt we need for Burb.

As I've said from the beginning of the day, Burb might be taking us for a ride. A lot of what we've all been saying takes for granted that he is telling the truth. Fire is still the best bet either way though, if he flips town that gives us all the doubt we need for Burb.

Yet, there has to be a watcher. If not Burb, then who?

But yes, Fireblend is just the central lynch here.

Sorian

Banned
Yet, there has to be a watcher. If not Burb, then who?

But yes, Fireblend is just the central lynch here.

If you are telling the truth, yes, there must be a watcher and no one has spoken against Burb today so I don't think anyone is even trying to silently claim against him.

But, you think I'm LYING?

USEcU7p.gif

pls, Harmless Cowlick "Rich Kid" Sorian

pls

A role claim fully corroborated by other role claims is a Fun tell

UNVOTE: Darryl

I'll wait for Fireblend to respond to LaunchpadMcQ before melting down again.

SalvaPot

You know, what I find the weirdest is how Blargonaut is giving Fire an out with this, its, again, too convenient, this is why Blargonaut weird claim makes him seem more important to fire.

I honestly would be fine with either a Fire or Blarg lynch for today... but Blargonaut has been playing so scummy through the whole game that I just don´t want him alive. He is dangerous for townand I want him gone.

Sorian

Banned
You know, what I find the weirdest is how Blargonaut is giving Fire an out with this, its, again, too convenient, this is why Blargonaut weird claim makes him seem more important to fire.

I honestly would be fine with either a Fire or Blarg lynch for today... but Blargonaut has been playing so scummy through the whole game that I just don´t want him alive. He is dangerous for townand I want him gone.

There's a good chance we have to kill Blarg tomorrow, it's unlikely he is telling the truth and we will "catch" him if it is truth. We'll discuss what to do if he has been telling the truth tomorrow.

SalvaPot

There's a good chance we have to kill Blarg tomorrow, it's unlikely he is telling the truth and we will "catch" him if it is truth. We'll discuss what to do if he has been telling the truth tomorrow.

Oh man, its just that I think there is no need to sacrifice Launch... because that is exactly what Blargs wants, a guy who claimed NFA and some convoluted way to become Fun, you know what I am saying? It just doesn´t add up to me. Why can´t we kill Blargonaut today? GIve me a good reason why it is essential to keep him alive. No, promising a suicide kill is not enough, is dumb, is risky and it makes no sense for blarg to do that.

Blarg is crazy, not stupid.

Sorian

Banned
Oh man, its just that I think there is no need to sacrifice Launch... because that is exactly what Blargs wants, a guy who claimed NFA and some convoluted way to become Fun, you know what I am saying? It just doesn´t add up to me. Why can´t we kill Blargonaut today? GIve me a good reason why it is essential to keep him alive. No, promising a suicide kill is not enough, is dumb, is risky and it makes no sense for blarg to do that.

Blarg is crazy, not stupid.

I already explained above Salva. Someone is dying tonight anyway, in exchange for guaranteeing that it is Launch, we also have a very high chance of knowing who his killer is (Blarg is probably lying though). If Blarg is lying, he has no power to change the kill tonight (unless he is NFA and they are letting him choose the kill tonight.

Timeaisis

You're such a tease, Timeaisis.

I was with you until you decided LMQ must die. We shouldn't have to let you kill town. Best case he's NF and you both die. Worst case is we let you kill him and you become town.

Problem is...we have to completely and totally trust you and put the game in your hands for now. I don't know if I'm comfortable with that.

I already explained above Salva. Someone is dying tonight anyway, in exchange for guaranteeing that it is Launch, we also have a very high chance of knowing who his killer is (Blarg is probably lying though). If Blarg is lying, he has no power to change the kill tonight (unless he is NFA and they are letting him choose the kill tonight.

Also, assuming Blarg is lying, having Burb watch me during the night phase is a deterrent from the mafia killing me because it would be a dead giveaway who the mafia is.

maxcriden

OMG. Is the drama I'm reading on this page real, or are you guys just really playing your roles too well? I'm kinda terrified.

-Max Criden, Prestigious Visitor to town on NX Launch Night

OMG. Is the drama I'm reading on this page real, or are you guys just really playing your roles too well? I'm kinda terrified.

-Max Criden, Prestigious Visitor to town on NX Launch Night

Holy shit, I was just reading one of your posts in OT!

the drama is too real man

Top Bottom