• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

I have something I'd like people to think about too. I think Fire did use his switch ability two nights ago. And as you saw from his PM, he can only use ONE of his many abilities each night. Do we think this applies to the kill action as well? If so, that means there was a ninja in there (which isn't super important news now that we have no watcher) but I think it's silly that they would have sent a jack of all trades for the kill when he has 3 abilities he could be doing.

Alternate scenario, the other mafia are even more OP lol

Sorian

Banned
Threads to pursue in this day phase:

1. Blarg making up a roleclaim that cleared Fireblend. He backtracked on it and claimed that it wasn’t his intention to do that, but the backtrack felt forced to me. What’s more, it could be seen as a backtrack due to Fireblend being on his way out and wanting to distance himself from the situation.

2. Timeaisis has been far too complacent and agreeing with a lot of what I’ve said and done. I dont like it when people agree with me in mafia. It usually means that they’re trying to surf their way through to the end on someone else’s coattails.

3.roytheone is the one person I don’t have a read on. I mean, he’s here and he says things, but he doesn’t stand out to me. Sorry Roy, unless you’re doing this on purpose, then screw you scum.

4. Sorian is dead last on this list, because he is pro-town, at least for the moment. But that’s just it, it’s just for the moment. Even in the last phase, there was some friction between us, and it’s imperative to remember that at the very least, this guy is neutral; worst-case scenario, he’s scum.

P.S. I don’t have enough of a read on squidy, but that does not mean I am dismissing him. I’m going to keep my eye on him to see how he acts and make a determination on him from there.

Ah and as per my usual, we don't seem to have an obvious lead so I'll need to place pressure. Blarg is the obvious first stop, the claim and the back track were ridiculous and I could see how it was a pro-town move but I would like him to explain his motive again himself, I'm not going to put words in his mouth. So Blarg, why did you make the lightning rod claim that you did?

VOTE: Blargonaut

The PM says only one night action per phase, and we don't see any other effects of his abilities on Ouro, so I'm going with the simplest solution.

Sorian

Banned
To be expected, so I think that confirms there is no doctor unless they didn't protect the obvious target.

cabbeh, can you confirm the PM you received?

I'd like to pop in and confirm that czartim is a super gross moderator and I hope he never has children.

I was Cow licked last night and I feel quite sick about it.

Didn't realize you changed your username lol. Well there you guys go, I can lick things. I know that proves nothing else to you (even though I do promise that it has no effect other than a mark to track one of my win conditions) but at the least, you know I didn't make up quite a ridiculous claim.

Alternate scenario, the other mafia are even more OP lol

If that's the case then there is only one scum left lol so I wouldn't mind to much.

Sorian

Banned
The PM says only one night action per phase, and we don't see any other effects of his abilities on Ouro, so I'm going with the simplest solution.

Fair point, I only mention it because he did seem legitimately confused that his "switch" didn't do what he intended. I actually believe the claim a bit now that I saw his role. I don't think it leads to any new information though, I just wanted to mention it.

roytheone

I have something I'd like people to think about too. I think Fire did use his switch ability two nights ago. And as you saw from his PM, he can only use ONE of his many abilities each night. Do we think this applies to the kill action as well? If so, that means there was a ninja in there (which isn't super important news now that we have no watcher) but I think it's silly that they would have sent a jack of all trades for the kill when he has 3 abilities he could be doing.

Rereading Fire his PM, I think it indeed also applies to the kill action. So if he did indeed used his switch action, he couldn't have been the killer, and instead Burb saw him preforming the switch.

I'd like to pop in and confirm that czartim is a super gross moderator and I hope he never has children.

I was Cow licked last night and I feel quite sick about it.

Alright, this clears Sorian for me a bit. Well, unless Cabbeh/Cabot suddenly explodes or something like that :)

Sorian

Banned
Alright, this clears Sorian for me a bit. Well, unless Cabbeh/Cabot suddenly explodes or something like that :)

I chose the miller that everyone trusts this time. I'm aware that I'm probably screwed if he is scum hiding on a miller claim but if we ever get around to killing him, I'm sure I'll have other successful licks.

*texts a winky face to everyone from his windows phone*

cabot

Guys I'm still on salva here. He Still went after Blarg once he unclaimed, and while I think that's not strong evidence, lynching fire would have confirmed Burb and helped sorian.

It was the better choice between them.

VoTE: SalvaPot

You were almost as tunnelled as Blarg was on launch. Care to walk me through your thoughts one more time?

I forgot, what did Blarg lie about? The lightning rod, or his entire flavour text (only girl in the world, etc.)?

I also find these people suspicious:

Timeaisis
roytheone
SalvaPot
RetroMG

Sorian

Banned
I forgot, what did Blarg lie about? The lightning rod, or his entire flavour text (only girl in the world, etc.)?

Timeaisis
roytheone
SalvaPot
RetroMG

I don't know if the entire flavor was a lie but he said that the entire lightning rod premise and obviously what he did during night 1 was all a lie.

cabot

I forgot the highlight tags because I'm on a train what a mess.

I'd like squidy to offer a view of the game so far since he's had time to digest.

VOTE : SalvaPot

There.

Guys I'm still on salva here. He Still went after Blarg once he unclaimed, and while I think that's not strong evidence, lynching fire would have confirmed Burb and helped sorian.

You were almost as tunnelled as Blarg was on launch. Care to walk me through your thoughts one more time?

cabot
Today, 10:55 AM, Post #3208

Who the fuck are you

Timeaisis
roytheone
SalvaPot
RetroMG

He lied about everything.

Retro got replaced with squidy, fyi

roytheone

Timeaisis
roytheone
SalvaPot
RetroMG

Everything. He made it all up as some weird ploy to try and get Mafia submitting a no-kill order because they would be afraid to kill one of their own.

Sorian

Banned
This may come off suspicious later but my ass is already on the line so I figure I'll make my thoughts known. I don't find roy suspicious at this time and I will not be helping question him in fear that he reveals something important about himself.

roytheone

The people I want to focus on based on the end of day 2:

Blarg: obviously, his weird actions got us away from lynching Fireblend. It was a very anti-town move, even if it had good intentions.

Salva: He was by far the most vocal about lynching Blarg instead of Fire. Could be scum that saw an opportunity to try and save Fire.

Timeasis: While we were discussing lynching Blarg or Fire, he wanted to lynch.....Sorian? Eh, what? Sure, Sorian his lick claim was weird as fuck, but with Fire and Blarg we had two people who were way better targets for the day. So why his fascination with Sorian?

Sorian

Banned

Since no one is talking, I will mention that I second this vote as well. Salva was sanctioning votes that would have saved Fire for another day (which was probably very important for no fun considering he had a switch and a roleblock skill) and by itself, that isn't a whole lot of evidence against him but Salva has been notorious this game at going for the "easy" votes. He wanted us to vote for cabot/cabbeh for a long time during day 1 and finally only dropped the issue when there was no other support for it and on day 2, he was on the Blarg train all day. If both are town, they are a very similar case. People or roles that are meant to cause town confusion that mafia would never kill at night, hoping that we would waste a day lynch to remove the confusion. The argument could be made for myself as well but I don't remember if Salva ever tried to get any support against me but scum might want to leave me alone in hopes that I am an arsonist or poisoner or something (sorry scum, I'm not and I'm here to kill all of you ^_^)

With that being said, if we flipped Salva and he turned out to be scum, I'd very much believe that both cabot and Blarg are town and we might save ourselves time in the long run. Of course, if Salva flips town, it wouldn't really tell us much about the other two.

Fake edit: I see that other people posted while I was writing this and both are in agreement.

Sorian

Banned
my view of the game is

VOTE : SalvaPot

As you said somewhere else recently, you'll be very dangerous one day when you are scum. Maybe that time has come, we don't know yet. I assume you caught up with the thread during the night phase, I'd like to ask you the same question you asked us now that we are fresh into day 3. Who are your top 2 town and scum candidates at this time? I was also going to ask you about why you wanted Salva but then I remembered that you actually already had your worries about Salva shortly after you joined the game.

squidyj

As you said somewhere else recently, you'll be very dangerous one day when you are scum. Maybe that time has come, we don't know yet. I assume you caught up with the thread during the night phase, I'd like to ask you the same question you asked us now that we are fresh into day 3. Who are your top 2 town and scum candidates at this time? I was also going to ask you about why you wanted Salva but then I remembered that you actually already had your worries about Salva shortly after you joined the game.

Being honest I decided not to read too much of the thread, I read some stuff but not that much

I still don't like Launch's claim so lets set Salva aside for a minute, outside of him

my top scum are
Timeaisis
for just being a weird and kinda quiet dude. I misread him as scum a couple games ago too but I think it's better if I just stick to my instincts
McCokedUp
I don't believe his claim, even a little bit

my top town are
Cabbeh
I mostly believe his claim, the flavor was on point and I think he is actually a call of duty kid. I suppose it's possible he's actually just mafia aligned and claiming miller to be crafty but I don't think so
Darryl
He feels like town darryl and not scum darryl.

cabot

guys do you really have to refer to me as cabbeh/cabot?

I mean come on, I've got the same avatar for goodness sake

Sorian

Banned
Being honest I decided not to read too much of the thread, I read some stuff but not that much

I still don't like Launch's claim so lets set Salva aside for a minute, outside of him

my top scum are
Timeaisis
for just being a weird and kinda quiet dude. I misread him as scum a couple games ago too but I think it's better if I just stick to my instincts
McCokedUp

my top town are
Cabbeh
I mostly believe his claim, the flavor was on point and I think he is actually a call of duty kid. I suppose it's possible he's actually just mafia aligned and claiming miller to be crafty but I don't think so
Darryl
He feels like town darryl and not scum darryl.

I'm surprised that so many don't trust Launch. I actually believe his claim (kind of, I don't buy that Tim made such a weird mistake) but I can fully admit that this is one that I could easily be wrong on, I'm not sold on Launch either way yet and I'm hoping something else happens that links him with town or scum.

cabot

I was hoping I was reading too much into it and Salva just wasnt active between Blarg's anti-claim and the end of the day, but he made quite a few posts.

I just think there's lots of little off things about him this game that makes me suspect him.

Where's Blarg at, anyway?

Sorian

Banned
I was hoping I was reading too much into it and Salva just wasnt active between Blarg's anti-claim and the end of the day, but he made quite a few posts.

I just think there's lots of little off things about him this game that makes me suspect him.

Where's Blarg at, anyway?

Salva had the opportunity to jump off of Blarg but he did not, he did give reasoning for this actions:

Also I just realized something really fucking stupid (thank you roy)

If Blarg is lying about his claim... then NFA would now for sure, 100%. Why? Because NFA KNOWS who they tried to kill.

If Blarg could just redirect the kill command to any person he´ll like, then NFA would know because if they tried to kill any person other than Ouro or Sorian and failed that means NFA knows the lightrod claim is true because, well, Blarg succesfully redirected his hit.

And this shit DOESN´T ADD UP WITH BLARGS WHOLE LOGIC. Because he doesn´t get to prove his innocence with another redirect, since NFA ALREADY KNOWS if he can do it or not.

And now that Blargonaut is retracting, IT MAKES EVEN LESS SENSE, because then he claim was a really dumb attempt to confuses NFA, but that won´t happen, because again, ONLY NFA KNOWS FOR SURE, DUE TO NIGHT 1, IF BLARG REALLY MAKE THE REDIRECT OR NOT.

So, my point is, no matter what Blargonaut did, it all seems to point that his gambit was for the benefit of NFA.

No, seriously, him retracting just put him in a worst spot. Only NFA players know, right now, for sure, if Blarg is saying the truth.

But Salva rubbed me wrong all day one day 2. I'm a bit biased on the matter though because it was mostly my own plan that he was fighting against every step of the way. Even now, I still think my plan did a good job of covering both scenarios where Blarg was lying or telling the truth while giving town a positive outcome in either case so I found it odd that he wanted to still kill Blarg for the short term gain (and now in hindsight to delay an NFA kill).

roytheone

Guys, think about this: Sorian claims that his lick has no negative side effects, but the first person that actually can confirm he got licked, SUDDENLY HAS A DIFFERENT USERNAME!

Coincidence? Or does his lick have the power to change our names???? Who will be next? Will I be licked and suddenly my name is JimboXX97?

cabot

Guys, think about this: Sorian claims that his lick has no negative side effects, but the first person that actually can confirm he got licked, SUDDENLY HAS A DIFFERENT USERNAME!

Coincidence? Or does his lick have the power to change our names???? Who will be next? Will I be licked and suddenly my name is JimboXX97?

We're in deep trouble, Jim.

cabot

But Salva rubbed me wrong all day one day 2. I'm a bit biased on the matter though because it was mostly my own plan that he was fighting against every step of the way. Even now, I still think my plan did a good job of covering both scenarios where Blarg was lying or telling the truth while giving town a positive outcome in either case so I found it odd that he wanted to still kill Blarg for the short term gain (and now in hindsight to delay an NFA kill).

He's my best lead so far today.

squidyj

I don't think steve's name change has anything to do with being licked.

Sorian

Banned

If my lick actually had that power, do you think I would say it did nothing? I would tell you all straight away so you'd all cower in fear that your username might be next.

cabot

I don't think steve's name change has anything to do with being licked.

tumblr_mmcvgrMSHI1qaf34yo1_500.gif

1. Blarg making up a roleclaim that cleared Fireblend. He backtracked on it and claimed that it wasn’t his intention to do that, but the backtrack felt forced to me. What’s more, it could be seen as a backtrack due to Fireblend being on his way out and wanting to distance himself from the situation.

Ah and as per my usual, we don't seem to have an obvious lead so I'll need to place pressure. Blarg is the obvious first stop, the claim and the back track were ridiculous and I could see how it was a pro-town move but I would like him to explain his motive again himself, I'm not going to put words in his mouth. So Blarg, why did you make the lightning rod claim that you did?

VOTE: Blargonaut

C0FT1d1.gif

VOTE: Fireblend

I know who I am

roytheone

(and now in hindsight to delay an NFA kill).

This is interesting. Because he wouldn't just have delayed an NFA kill, he would have given Fire one extra night to use one of his abilities. And one of those abilities was a roleblock. So I wonder Sorian: what would have happened if we lynched Blarg, and Fire had role blocked you? Would you have noticed this? Or would you have announced here that you had licked Cabot, only for him to respond: eeeh, no, didn't get anything!. That would have suddenly put a lot of suspicion on you. Not only that, but if we lynched you after that and your role PM confirms your story, suddenly Cabot will be suspicious! That would have been a great situation for NFA. So saving fire was more than simply delaying an NFA kill, it could have put NFA in a great position.

Sorian

Banned
This is interesting. Because he wouldn't just have delayed an NFA kill, he would have given Fire one extra night to use one of his abilities. And one of those abilities was a roleblock. So I wonder Sorian: what would have happened if we lynched Blarg, and Fire had role blocked you? Would you have noticed this? Or would you have announced here that you had licked Cabot, only for him to respond: eeeh, no, didn't get anything!. That would have suddenly put a lot of suspicion on you. Not only that, but if we lynched you after that and your role PM confirms your story, suddenly Cabot will be suspicious! That would have been a great situation for NFA. So saving fire was more than simply delaying an NFA kill, it could have put NFA in a great position.

To answer your question directly to me, I do not know what happens if I get roleblocked. I received a message saying my action failed two nights ago so I assume anything that causes it to fail would alert me (which makes sense, I'm not allowed to lick the same person twice so I need to know whenever I am successful or not as to allow myself to plan out how many people I have left to win). The rest of what you said could have been a very sound NFA plan. Lots of people made it very clear I was next if I didn't provide proof.

cabot

This is pretty clever and makes some amount of sense.

You're suspicious though, sorry buddy.

<3

Sorian

Banned
I did it for fun

I shouldn't be surprised that you are uncooperative. Ok, so this excerpt below is from the post where you highlighted your reasoning:

As I was typing up a reasoning to weigh the pros and cons towards this gambit towards my faction's/personal win, I realized that I had made one crucial mistake in building it, and that was claiming that the Lightning Rod did not activate after I gave it to a Mafia member and died with alongside them. If I had claimed that it didn't kill them and that it did activate anyway, then all my lie's pieces would have fit in towards my faction's/personal gain. I made a mistake, and as a result I can no longer justify the chaos this lie has created as it is driving me towards playing against my faction. I did not build it properly, and it has been legitimately hurting this game for the past few hours and I sincerely apologize for that.

I believe your reasoning. You came clean before the day ended and it was clear as day that a lightning rod lie was to the benefit of town in most scenarios, you'd either prevent a kill entirely or possibly get NFA to kill you instead of an important role like Burb. As you even said and as I pointed out in my plan, the one weakness in your claim was that you said the rod wouldn't activate if you targeted NFA which means there was no scenario where you could get NFA to mistakenly kill one of their own. I was purposely vague when I went over this part of my plan and even said something like "I don't remember one way or another if it still activates and I don't care" because I was hoping you'd keep the lie up and NFA would have to re-read your original claim a few times and hope they understood it before pulling the trigger on Burb (and maybe it would have even scared them away from a kill still) but it's too late for that now.

The reason I kept this excerpt and bolded a couple parts is because I have a hunch. The best lies are usually built with some truth to them. Take Fireblend for example. He didn't really lie yesterday, he said he was a switcher and allowed us to assume that switcher was a town role, I don't think he ever directly claimed to be town. The reason I mention it is because one of the cruxes of Blarg's lie was that he was an NFA teammate cut off from their chat that could be "recruited" to the fun team. Why did he include this in his lie? It had no bearing on the claim at all, he could have just said he was a 2-shot lightning rod assigner and that was that, still a ridiculous claim but why add the extra layer of complexity about the team switch mechanic? It obviously made him more suspicious, Salva and Launch were pushing for Blarg for awhile only because he was currently NFA per his claim so it didn't do him any favors. Could he have been trying to signal that he was actually a lost partner that could be recruited by NFA? Is he purposely being vague and unhelpful today because they saw it and recruited him? I figured I'd ask for his explanation again and he'd, at the very least, link me to the post above but instead he's given me two non-answers to my questions. Blarg is Blarg but he seemed a lot more helpful yesterday than he has today. As for the bolded above, your very vague about your faction and your person goals and about how those can be different at times. It seemed like your choice of words was very precise throughout the post.

Timeaisis

RIP Burb.

I think this mostly clears Sorian. Cabbeh confirms Sorian licked him and we now know Sorian did not kill Ouro from Fireblend's flip. Sorry for suspecting you earlier, buddy.

The two people that stick out to me today are Blargonaut for the fakeclaim gambit manuever and SalvaPot for general weirdness yesterday.

As for who I think is town...
I trust cabbeh as town, I think he's proven he's willing to put himself on the line to get us one step closer to victory. Looking back, I think day one claiming was the best course of action he could do, and he's rolled with it since.

Everyone else, who knows.

Glad to see I'm being looked at suspicious again. I hope you guys realize that my amount of posts in the topic has almost no correlation with whether or not I'm scum, but do what you wish. If you've got any questions for me or whatever, let me know and I'll answer them as best I can.

McCokedUp

I don't blame you, I don't know what rulebook Tim pulled this out of. The story is true, but you're welcome to suspect me.

I'm surprised that so many don't trust Launch. I actually believe his claim (kind of, I don't buy that Tim made such a weird mistake) but I can fully admit that this is one that I could easily be wrong on, I'm not sold on Launch either way yet and I'm hoping something else happens that links him with town or scum.

Admittedly, it is half my fault because when I got the send role PM, I didn't bother to read all the changes and I only responded to Tim with a "u salty or nah".

I don't yet see a world where we lynch blarg today. It's all pot all the time for me now.

Your top scum are Time and myself, yet you want to vote Salva?

For the record, I respect that Salva went to bat for me last phase, but he's not cleared because of that. Anyone who gets too close to me is very suspicious.

Top Bottom