• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
I don't yet see a world where we lynch blarg today. It's all pot all the time for me now.

Probably but today isn't as obvious as yesterday so I'd like to discuss the finer points that we may gloss over in our bid for Salva, I didn't start with him because I figured we'd be getting there. Blarg's reaction so far today is selling me that he is a lost partner for NFA team. Salva has a high probability of being scum. When it comes down to it, going for probable scum is a better vote than going for a potential recruit but Blarg will have to go soon if my hunch made sense to you all if only because if there is a recruiter on their team, they will likely try Blarg now that I've brought it up if they didn't already.

Probably but today isn't as obvious as yesterday so I'd like to discuss the finer points that we may gloss over in our bid for Salva, I didn't start with him because I figured we'd be getting there. Blarg's reaction so far today is selling me that he is a lost partner for NFA team. Salva has a high probability of being scum. When it comes down to it, going for probable scum is a better vote than going for a potential recruit but Blarg will have to go soon if my hunch made sense to you all if only because if there is a recruiter on their team, they will likely try Blarg now that I've brought it up if they didn't already.

What's your hunch? Sorry, it's hard keeping track of everything on mobile.

If it's that Blarg wants to be targeted to be flipped, I concur, because from very early on that whole gambit of his reeked of "kill me plz"

Sorian

Banned
RIP Burb.

I think this mostly clears Sorian. Cabbeh confirms Sorian licked him and we now know Sorian did not kill Ouro from Fireblend's flip. Sorry for suspecting you earlier, buddy.

The two people that stick out to me today are Blargonaut for the fakeclaim gambit manuever and SalvaPot for general weirdness yesterday.

As for who I think is town...
I trust cabbeh as town, I think he's proven he's willing to put himself on the line to get us one step closer to victory. Looking back, I think day one claiming was the best course of action he could do, and he's rolled with it since.

Everyone else, who knows.

Glad to see I'm being looked at suspicious again. I hope you guys realize that my amount of posts in the topic has almost no correlation with whether or not I'm scum, but do what you wish. If you've got any questions for me or whatever, let me know and I'll answer them as best I can.

I'll ask an easy question, just to get a feel of things. Who would rather vote for at this time? Blarg or Salva?

Admittedly, it is half my fault because when I got the send role PM, I didn't bother to read all the changes and I only responded to Tim with a "u salty or nah".

This is believable to me.

Your top scum are Time and myself, yet you want to vote Salva?

For the record, I respect that Salva went to bat for me last phase, but he's not cleared because of that. Anyone who gets too close to me is very suspicious.

He said his top scum putting Salva to the side.

Sorian

Banned

If it's that Blarg wants to be targeted to be flipped, I concur, because from very early on that whole gambit of his reeked of "kill me plz"

Killing me here Launch. This post below:

I shouldn't be surprised that you are uncooperative. Ok, so this excerpt below is from the post where you highlighted your reasoning:

I believe your reasoning. You came clean before the day ended and it was clear as day that a lightning rod lie was to the benefit of town in most scenarios, you'd either prevent a kill entirely or possibly get NFA to kill you instead of an important role like Burb. As you even said and as I pointed out in my plan, the one weakness in your claim was that you said the rod wouldn't activate if you targeted NFA which means there was no scenario where you could get NFA to mistakenly kill one of their own. I was purposely vague when I went over this part of my plan and even said something like "I don't remember one way or another if it still activates and I don't care" because I was hoping you'd keep the lie up and NFA would have to re-read your original claim a few times and hope they understood it before pulling the trigger on Burb (and maybe it would have even scared them away from a kill still) but it's too late for that now.

The reason I kept this excerpt and bolded a couple parts is because I have a hunch. The best lies are usually built with some truth to them. Take Fireblend for example. He didn't really lie yesterday, he said he was a switcher and allowed us to assume that switcher was a town role, I don't think he ever directly claimed to be town. The reason I mention it is because one of the cruxes of Blarg's lie was that he was an NFA teammate cut off from their chat that could be "recruited" to the fun team. Why did he include this in his lie? It had no bearing on the claim at all, he could have just said he was a 2-shot lightning rod assigner and that was that, still a ridiculous claim but why add the extra layer of complexity about the team switch mechanic? It obviously made him more suspicious, Salva and Launch were pushing for Blarg for awhile only because he was currently NFA per his claim so it didn't do him any favors. Could he have been trying to signal that he was actually a lost partner that could be recruited by NFA? Is he purposely being vague and unhelpful today because they saw it and recruited him? I figured I'd ask for his explanation again and he'd, at the very least, link me to the post above but instead he's given me two non-answers to my questions. Blarg is Blarg but he seemed a lot more helpful yesterday than he has today. As for the bolded above, your very vague about your faction and your person goals and about how those can be different at times. It seemed like your choice of words was very precise throughout the post.

Basically that I think he is town-aligned currently but I believe that NFA can recruit him some how.

Timeaisis

I'll ask an easy question, just to get a feel of things. Who would rather vote for at this time? Blarg or Salva?

Blarg seems more of an unknown, so if I had to pick I'd say Salva. But Salva is based more on general suspicion than anything concrete, while Blarg is based on his Blarging of yesterday. That doesn't necessarily mean he's scum (or even that his roleclaim is true), but it's something worth keeping on the table to discuss.

So Salva. For now.

roytheone

Hasn't he himself confirmed that this was indeed the case? Only he says he wanted to be targeted so that the mafia wouldn't target burb, burb could watch him and we would have found another scum?

squidyj

Your top scum are Time and myself, yet you want to vote Salva?

For the record, I respect that Salva went to bat for me last phase, but he's not cleared because of that. Anyone who gets too close to me is very suspicious.

reread the post where I labeled you as scum, I said I was setting salva aside for it.

cabot

Jury is still out on Blarg, I think Sorian might be onto something. I noticed the vagueness in his anti-claim yesterday along with his changed behaviour since.

Still not enough to switch me from Salva currently though

You give me a hard time when I'm on my windows phone, it's only fair.

Using a Windows phone is a scum tell

reread the post where I labeled you as scum, I said I was setting salva aside for it.

I hate you all.

Ok, everyone who has beef with Salva, present your cases. I have a report to do, but I am feeling like Salva is a good choice for today; I can't justify it at the moment, though.

cabot

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR.

tumblr_mn6jep7z9g1qhc9d1o8_r1_250.gif

*sniff*

God, who's cutting onions in here?!

Sorian

Banned

I hate you all.

Ok, everyone who has beef with Salva, present your cases. I have a report to do, but I am feeling like Salva is a good choice for today; I can't justify it at the moment, though.

Please, windows phone is better than anything you have, the true scum tell is that you would argue. Back on topic, here is my reasoning for a Salva vote:

Since no one is talking, I will mention that I second this vote as well. Salva was sanctioning votes that would have saved Fire for another day (which was probably very important for no fun considering he had a switch and a roleblock skill) and by itself, that isn't a whole lot of evidence against him but Salva has been notorious this game at going for the "easy" votes. He wanted us to vote for cabot/cabbeh for a long time during day 1 and finally only dropped the issue when there was no other support for it and on day 2, he was on the Blarg train all day. If both are town, they are a very similar case. People or roles that are meant to cause town confusion that mafia would never kill at night, hoping that we would waste a day lynch to remove the confusion. The argument could be made for myself as well but I don't remember if Salva ever tried to get any support against me but scum might want to leave me alone in hopes that I am an arsonist or poisoner or something (sorry scum, I'm not and I'm here to kill all of you ^_^)

With that being said, if we flipped Salva and he turned out to be scum, I'd very much believe that both cabot and Blarg are town and we might save ourselves time in the long run. Of course, if Salva flips town, it wouldn't really tell us much about the other two.

Fake edit: I see that other people posted while I was writing this and both are in agreement.

I will probably end up agreeing with a Salva lynch today but I'd rather keep my vote on Blarg for now. I like to pretend that he is scrambling to come up with a story in the NFA chat though he is probably just busy or something.

cabot

Might as well quote myself, since I've been reasonably detailed already.

Salva - This has weakened somewhat based on the days actions, as I think he's been pretty integral, but the reasons from yesterday are still there:

1. Going from No Lynch to Lynch on D1 was very strange (this is kind of scuppered because he wanted No Lynch after L_Ps Becky)
2. He initially said he trusted my claim, wanted me lynched. I then posted a lot more and objectively improved my performance from before the claim and he then loses trust in my claim and I'm in his top two scum. Wants me lynched still. I can't follow that logic.
3. The drive by vote on batsnacks that came after going after Blarg and no one else. Weird.

I was going to remove the compliment but that would be juvenile and scummy.

I also direct you to this post for a bit more detailed examination of Salva tunneling Blarg completely before then drive by voting batsnacks.

cabot

I knew it.

You guys are idiots.

This was after Kark flipped, I'd like to point this out because

1) It was pretty mean and I hurt all my feelings on it
2) Pretty interesting reaction considering he was for getting batsnacks, despite batsnacks having the (slightly) less frustrating and believable behaviour for a claim.

Sorian

Banned
This was after Kark flipped, I'd like to point this out because

1) It was pretty mean and I hurt all my feelings on it
2) Pretty interesting reaction considering he was for getting batsnacks, despite batsnacks having the (slightly) less frustrating and believable behaviour for a claim.

I did notice this one as well and he even came back to it on day 2 saying something along the lines of " you guys didn't believe me yesterday with Kark, so you should actually listen to me today with Blarg" To be fair though, I don't think he went after Kark so his claim that he "knew" isn't something I can say was a lie.

roytheone

I hate you all.

I think squidyj asked the same question at the end of day 2, and this was my response back then:

Salva being scum: In the beginning he had some weird posts/assumptions about this game (game is special, so he is suddenly pro day 1 lynch! why is this game special? Game is short, so no investigation roles! Less players means bigger chance to hit mafia!) that were all baseless speculation. A lot of his posts on day 1 were fluff interactions with blarg. He was pro lynching Cabbeh instead of kark, because he sees him as a disruption for the game, even though Kark with his weird behavior was way more disruptive. I do agree with his opinions on Blarg today, Blarg makes no sense and is being anti-town even if he is actually town, but I don't know if I agree with Salva that Blarg is a better lynch than Fire.

I still stand by it. His opinions of Blarg weren't that weird, the fact that he was so extremely dead set on lynching Blarg and not Fire is the thing that bugs me.

Sorian

Banned
You got another one in there? You could Becky Blarg and then we could continue on with other leads. I know you don't though, giving you multiple in a 15 person game would be ridiculous.

I take this thought back actually. This game was built on ridiculous.

cabot

So I just went back to see Salva's argument for Kark:

Do we really need to kill karkador?

No, seriously, why do we need to kill karkador? We already got a lynch today, and the longer we are playing the more apparent it seems Karkador is just an ordinary kid, I am far more suspicious of cabbeh.

I agree on the No Lynch. Now I feel pretty confident we have an investigator among us, so any day we can have when he can get information and use it for the town is better than lynching blindly. The situation has changed, because so far we have:

2 Villager claims (Kark, Blarg)
1 Daykiller (Lone_Prodigy)
1 Jailer (batsnacks, dead).

We have enough information to start with, now lets get our PR to do their job and prove a force against scum players.

Vote: No lynch

I mean it was pretty weak, and in fact he was with a majority of us who thought Kark was just a townie and not a PR. Then he drives suspicion onto me again, before claiming a no lynch, which seems a bit counter intuitive.

Certainly not enough of a reason there to claim 'I told you so' on D2. By his own logic he's an ordinary townie, but ridding the game of him only benefits town because it's less murky.

With that logic in mind, read his reply to my claim once again:

I am not only inclined to believe this, but also feels like karkador´s reasoning to vote himself is, well, believable too.

The main reason I think cabbeh is saying the true is because, right now, the heat is not on him. He could have kept quite and played it out but his role gives us a very important piece of information we can rely on: Someone can investigate in some way.

But... here comes the catch. Would leaving him alone the best idea? After all, when lynching on the first day what we want is information on what is on the table and how we should play this out, if we lynch cabbeh we will have confirmation. A Miller role is just there to confuse town, make it hesitate. Getting him day 1 is better than getting an ordinary townie.

Vote: Cabbeh

I brought this up with him before but I still don't understand this logic. I am an ordinary townie. Yes, the nature of my role means I will have to be lynched sooner or later, but my problem with Salva was that he was so unwilling to give me a chance at contributing, he just thought 'Disruption, fuck it.' and that was that.

Hilariously, saying this in the middle of Kark's ridiculous gambit which was such a huge distraction makes it even more strange!

Sorian

Banned
I brought this up with him before but I still don't understand this logic. I am an ordinary townie. Yes, the nature of my role means I will have to be lynched sooner or later, but my problem with Salva was that he was so unwilling to give me a chance at contributing, he just thought 'Disruption, fuck it.' and that was that.

Hilariously, saying this in the middle of Kark's ridiculous gambit which was such a huge distraction makes it even more strange!

Funny you say that, I doubt anyone can use any other type of alignment check now so we will never know if you appear as NFA or fun or neutral in a search. At this point, you are basically claiming ordinary and a lynch on you would only be because you've done something to garner suspicion.

cabot

I feel it should come if only to allow others to absolutely trust in my posts after I flip, knowing town was my best interests in the beginning, it could help in the later game.

squidyj

I feel it should come if only to allow others to absolutely trust in my posts after I flip, knowing town was my best interests in the beginning, it could help in the later game.

I don't really want to be an asshole but what great insight are we allowing ourselves to trust in when you flip town?

cabot

I don't really want to be an asshole but what great insight are we allowing ourselves to trust in when you flip town?

Nothing particularly awesome. That wasn't a point of arrogance, but I feel when you remove the suspicion from me, you can look back on my posts/thoughts/insights with some confidence and use it to aid your own views.

Having something to trust in this game is vitally important in my view, and you usually only get that trust with Mafia working together/certain PRs/death.

Sorian

Banned

Eh, if we trust you then we trust you, if we don't then we don't. We aren't hurting for leads, if you are actually scum then we will catch you another way and being town won't mean much, it's not like town always tells the truth and scum always lies, we don't gain much right now knowing you are town for sure.

SalvaPot

Neat, another day another chance to be the most suspicious player in the game, I think its because of my avatar x).

Time to go through my reasoning for all my posts, I leave the interpretation up to you guys:

The First Day
This one is pretty simple, it was day 1 so we had nothing to go for. I am normally a pro-No Lynch player on the first day, but I felt that, for this particular shorter game, a lynch would be more effective. I already explained in detail why I thought this, but the short of is is that information is vital in shorter games. One lynch was enough for me.

Batsnacks played awful that first day, and he pretty much got steamrolled by all of us, in day one pretty much the one who claims the most suspicious dies, no matter the claim, and his jailer role was weirdly explained, then it was the matter of Lone_Prodigy one-shotting him, that honestly if I was on his position I would totally would too.

Then, after that, people got hot on Karkador´s trail. At first I felt that we might as well get him too, but as Karkador layed out more why he was doing what he was doing, the idea that he was actually a PR (Even a cop) was stronger in my mind. I did said so in here:

Do we really need to kill karkador?

No, seriously, why do we need to kill karkador? We already got a lynch today, and the longer we are playing the more apparent it seems Karkador is just an ordinary kid, I am far more suspicious of cabbeh.

I agree on the No Lynch. Now I feel pretty confident we have an investigator among us, so any day we can have when he can get information and use it for the town is better than lynching blindly. The situation has changed, because so far we have:

2 Villager claims (Kark, Blarg)
1 Daykiller (Lone_Prodigy)
1 Jailer (batsnacks, dead).

We have enough information to start with, now lets get our PR to do their job and prove a force against scum players.

Vote: No lynch

People think of this as "Jumping in logic", but Its just adapting the strategy to the current game. We had lost an important PR and Karkador was practicaly begging us in a Tsundere way to just let the day die.

Then there is my obsession with lynching Cabbeh. Well, here is the thing, on day 1.0 I suggested Cabbeh would a better option than batsnacks, pretty much because lynching a possible miller role is not as damaging as lynching a PR, and I had no reason to believe on cabbeh´s claim other than "I claimed early, so I must be innocent". Even now I still have my doubts, but the way he is been playing so far supports he is just a townie that got an unfortunate role, but in the context of day 1 me wanting to lynch Cabbeh made sense.

The way I saw it, bats claimed jailer, cabbeh claimed miller. There was a way to confirm batsnacks (Just investigate him), there was no way to confirm cabbeh. Therefor, with the information at that moment, cabbeh made more sense.

The Blargonaut Adventures
From the first second of the game, Blargonaut acted weird. By been oddly quiet. Then, he started with the red pill/blue pill debacle. Blargonaut gameplay has always been about crazy risk and Batman Gambits, so it was weird to me how... mellow he seemed.

He was the first person I voted for seriously and if no one had talked I would have wanted him lynched. Karkador, Cabbeh and Batsnacks stepped up to the spotlight, so I dropped him for now So it was relieving to me when he did his role reveal on Day 2.

Day 2

For starters, this day was far better than the first one. The death of Ourobolus was not a big blow, due to his ordinary kid nature, and I am sure Ouro will be ok it was him instead of someone important. What Day 1 had on quantity, Day 2 had in quality. Burbs (RIP) came in with brilliant information and gave us two main suspects: Sorian and Fireblend.

At this point, I was pretty much on agreement that Fireblend had to die. I had some debate about the validity of Sorian´s claims and a bit of leftover drama from cabbeh, but it was a pretty easy solution. Sorian´s claim was early and well put enough that it pretty much left Fire as the only possible guilty party. Fire had a weak defense that seemed to convenient to work, but we did entertain the idea because this is a game about deception
and we have to take every possible scenario into account.

Then Blargonaut came up with the lighting rod stuff.

Seriously, why did he had to do that? The thing is, when people say "blarg gotta blarg" I don´t buy it. Blarg, as crazy as he is, always has something in mind to gain. Since the first time he mentioned his plan, I found it odd. I was thinking it was bullshit. And as such, the chance that Fire was been framed was slight in my mind. So I worked on breaking Blargonaut argument as much as I could, something that others tried to do but pretty much dismissed after a while.

I didn´t like how everyone just up and accepted Blargonaut´s plan, a player that I have found suspicious from the very beginning and continue to think so, but I will explain why in a moment.

In my attacks on Blarg I never, ever dismissed Fireblend as a NFA. At most I said there was a chance that he was framed, but it was very slight, and in my proposal of lynching Blargonaut I made it clear that Fireblend should be next. The reason I wanted Blargonaut lynched first was because his plan required the complete cooperation of town and he claimed to be an NFA player that turned good, how convenient is that? In that moment, I was not going to let a self-claimed NFA player to lead town.

After Blargonaut retracted, it was even more suspicious to me. Blargonaut was not really that close to be lynched and he came back with an overly serious apology that even included a suggestion of getting himself mod-killed, that to me was just silly, even if that last part wasn´t serious.

But then I realized that his role claim had a fatal flaw since the beginning, because if he knew he was lying, then the NFA most know he was lying too, because, again, the NFA KNOWS who they killed. So Blargonaut was not really deceiving or confusing NFA, he was deceiving town. I don´t know if Blargonaut did this in purpose or it was just a mistake to ignore this flaw, but it would have make all this gambit pointless if Blarg was thinking for the benefit of town. Based on this, I kept my suspicion on him even after claiming he was lying, because his lie could only benefit NFA even before knowing Fire´s real alignment.

Now that we know that Fireblend is both NFA and a switcher, it make us wonder what exactly was Blarg trying to do. We have to take into account that Fireblend multiple actions sound EXTREMELY valuable to town, blocking roles, switching players, killing if needs to be, all this is great to have on the dark side.

Maybe Blargs gambit was to get lynched instead of Fireblend? I don´t know. Maybe he was trying to clear suspicion of Fireblend, but instead he got them both in a dangerous position, so he had to pull out. Or maybe he was trying to protect burbs, as he was saying, trying to confuse NFA and didn´t realized how his plan had this flaw until much later. Retracting make it worst, because now we have to question why he had to lie at all, so by retracting we just have to, well, trust his word.

And I don´t trust him. My logic tells me that this was not accident. I think Blarg tried either take the chance to prove himself worthy of town or get himself lynched instead of fire so fire can have another day for his actions. All this, of course, speculation.

About Fireblend
Here is what is weird to me. He has a lot of awesome abilities, why settle in just getting a kill? NFA should have other members that have a kill command that don´t have as many useful abilities as fire did, so why should they waste fireblend´s command on the kill?

So here is a possibility: He was saying the truth about the switching. He did switch Sorian and Ouro and this got Ouro killed. But this begs the question, Why?. If the NFA decided to kill Ouro, then there is no need to have him be switched with sorian, and the same could be said the other way around, so why did this happen?

I checked Fire´s role description and no where it mentions the NFA private forum, so I want to ask to CzarTim, do they have a chat room? Or are they all in-communicated? The role did mention making the faction night kill by using the command REMOVE, but i find it weird there is no redacted part about the chat.

So maybe NFA can´t communicate and that is why both a switch and a kill happened?

Eh, Occams Razor and all that, maybe I am thinking to much into it, but fact is we have no leads right now and I still find Blargonaut extremely suspect about his actions in day 1, his role claim and plan in day 2, and said retraction in the same day 2.

Vote: Blargonaut

Sorian

Banned
Shit, you're right, I conpletely glossed over that. There is no mention of outside chat. I feel like that changes this dynamic completely.

SalvaPot

No chat, one less thing to worry about.

So please read everything else, the part about the chat was more relevant about Fire and why he decided to kill instead of using another action. So with that out of the way, I think the most obvious solution is that Fire just decided to do the killing and he was picked up by bubs.

Now, the fact that there is chance and all NFA can communicate with each other means that hey know what each other can do,so that means that the NFA would be aware of the value of Fireblend as a member and that may explain why blarg wanted to get attention away from him with his claim.

Also, I want to say I really don´t mind if I get lynched, I know my way of playing is conflicting and direct to the point, I don´t have a problem making enemies and throwing ideas out there of how things could have happen, it really bothers me how easy everyone was on dismising Blarg, first when he claimed lightning rod (THAT EVERYONE BELIEVED) and then when he said he was lying (THAT, AGAIN, EVERYONE BELIEVED), so excuse me if I want lynched a person that has pretty much lied to town every single move he has made. If that makes me suspicious, then so be it.

Even in light of all the evidence, most of what you guys are saying about Salva can be said about Blarg, yet Blarg tried to kill me. As "pro-town" as his play might have seemed, the likeliest outcome was going to be me dead, not a no-kill night. What's more, why back off this claim? Most of us were buying that shit or at least buying it enough to take a wait-and-see approach with him.

Also, what happened to hounding me down? All of a sudden, it seems like he's lost his train of motivation. Isn't that suspicious as hell, coming off of heavy tunneling so haphazardly?

VOTE: Blargonaut

Timeaisis

Neat, another day another chance to be the most suspicious player in the game, I think its because of my avatar x).

Time to go through my reasoning for all my posts, I leave the interpretation up to you guys:

The First Day
This one is pretty simple, it was day 1 so we had nothing to go for. I am normally a pro-No Lynch player on the first day, but I felt that, for this particular shorter game, a lynch would be more effective. I already explained in detail why I thought this, but the short of is is that information is vital in shorter games. One lynch was enough for me.

Batsnacks played awful that first day, and he pretty much got steamrolled by all of us, in day one pretty much the one who claims the most suspicious dies, no matter the claim, and his jailer role was weirdly explained, then it was the matter of Lone_Prodigy one-shotting him, that honestly if I was on his position I would totally would too.

Then, after that, people got hot on Karkador´s trail. At first I felt that we might as well get him too, but as Karkador layed out more why he was doing what he was doing, the idea that he was actually a PR (Even a cop) was stronger in my mind. I did said so in here:

People think of this as "Jumping in logic", but Its just adapting the strategy to the current game. We had lost an important PR and Karkador was practicaly begging us in a Tsundere way to just let the day die.

Then there is my obsession with lynching Cabbeh. Well, here is the thing, on day 1.0 I suggested Cabbeh would a better option than batsnacks, pretty much because lynching a possible miller role is not as damaging as lynching a PR, and I had no reason to believe on cabbeh´s claim other than "I claimed early, so I must be innocent". Even now I still have my doubts, but the way he is been playing so far supports he is just a townie that got an unfortunate role, but in the context of day 1 me wanting to lynch Cabbeh made sense.

The way I saw it, bats claimed jailer, cabbeh claimed miller. There was a way to confirm batsnacks (Just investigate him), there was no way to confirm cabbeh. Therefor, with the information at that moment, cabbeh made more sense.

The Blargonaut Adventures
From the first second of the game, Blargonaut acted weird. By been oddly quiet. Then, he started with the red pill/blue pill debacle. Blargonaut gameplay has always been about crazy risk and Batman Gambits, so it was weird to me how... mellow he seemed.

He was the first person I voted for seriously and if no one had talked I would have wanted him lynched. Karkador, Cabbeh and Batsnacks stepped up to the spotlight, so I dropped him for now So it was relieving to me when he did his role reveal on Day 2.

Day 2

For starters, this day was far better than the first one. The death of Ourobolus was not a big blow, due to his ordinary kid nature, and I am sure Ouro will be ok it was him instead of someone important. What Day 1 had on quantity, Day 2 had in quality. Burbs (RIP) came in with brilliant information and gave us two main suspects: Sorian and Fireblend.

At this point, I was pretty much on agreement that Fireblend had to die. I had some debate about the validity of Sorian´s claims and a bit of leftover drama from cabbeh, but it was a pretty easy solution. Sorian´s claim was early and well put enough that it pretty much left Fire as the only possible guilty party. Fire had a weak defense that seemed to convenient to work, but we did entertain the idea because this is a game about deception
and we have to take every possible scenario into account.

Then Blargonaut came up with the lighting rod stuff.

Seriously, why did he had to do that? The thing is, when people say "blarg gotta blarg" I don´t buy it. Blarg, as crazy as he is, always has something in mind to gain. Since the first time he mentioned his plan, I found it odd. I was thinking it was bullshit. And as such, the chance that Fire was been framed was slight in my mind. So I worked on breaking Blargonaut argument as much as I could, something that others tried to do but pretty much dismissed after a while.

I didn´t like how everyone just up and accepted Blargonaut´s plan, a player that I have found suspicious from the very beginning and continue to think so, but I will explain why in a moment.

In my attacks on Blarg I never, ever dismissed Fireblend as a NFA. At most I said there was a chance that he was framed, but it was very slight, and in my proposal of lynching Blargonaut I made it clear that Fireblend should be next. The reason I wanted Blargonaut lynched first was because his plan required the complete cooperation of town and he claimed to be an NFA player that turned good, how convenient is that? In that moment, I was not going to let a self-claimed NFA player to lead town.

After Blargonaut retracted, it was even more suspicious to me. Blargonaut was not really that close to be lynched and he came back with an overly serious apology that even included a suggestion of getting himself mod-killed, that to me was just silly, even if that last part wasn´t serious.

But then I realized that his role claim had a fatal flaw since the beginning, because if he knew he was lying, then the NFA most know he was lying too, because, again, the NFA KNOWS who they killed. So Blargonaut was not really deceiving or confusing NFA, he was deceiving town. I don´t know if Blargonaut did this in purpose or it was just a mistake to ignore this flaw, but it would have make all this gambit pointless if Blarg was thinking for the benefit of town. Based on this, I kept my suspicion on him even after claiming he was lying, because his lie could only benefit NFA even before knowing Fire´s real alignment.

Now that we know that Fireblend is both NFA and a switcher, it make us wonder what exactly was Blarg trying to do. We have to take into account that Fireblend multiple actions sound EXTREMELY valuable to town, blocking roles, switching players, killing if needs to be, all this is great to have on the dark side.

Maybe Blargs gambit was to get lynched instead of Fireblend? I don´t know. Maybe he was trying to clear suspicion of Fireblend, but instead he got them both in a dangerous position, so he had to pull out. Or maybe he was trying to protect burbs, as he was saying, trying to confuse NFA and didn´t realized how his plan had this flaw until much later. Retracting make it worst, because now we have to question why he had to lie at all, so by retracting we just have to, well, trust his word.

And I don´t trust him. My logic tells me that this was not accident. I think Blarg tried either take the chance to prove himself worthy of town or get himself lynched instead of fire so fire can have another day for his actions. All this, of course, speculation.

About Fireblend
Here is what is weird to me. He has a lot of awesome abilities, why settle in just getting a kill? NFA should have other members that have a kill command that don´t have as many useful abilities as fire did, so why should they waste fireblend´s command on the kill?

So here is a possibility: He was saying the truth about the switching. He did switch Sorian and Ouro and this got Ouro killed. But this begs the question, Why?. If the NFA decided to kill Ouro, then there is no need to have him be switched with sorian, and the same could be said the other way around, so why did this happen?

I checked Fire´s role description and no where it mentions the NFA private forum, so I want to ask to CzarTim, do they have a chat room? Or are they all in-communicated? The role did mention making the faction night kill by using the command REMOVE, but i find it weird there is no redacted part about the chat.

So maybe NFA can´t communicate and that is why both a switch and a kill happened?

Eh, Occams Razor and all that, maybe I am thinking to much into it, but fact is we have no leads right now and I still find Blargonaut extremely suspect about his actions in day 1, his role claim and plan in day 2, and said retraction in the same day 2.

I don't think Fireblend killed Ouro, either. I think Fireblend switched Ouro with someone else that a different mafia targeted. They did this simply because of misdirection. Fireblend can claim switcher (and be honest) and someone could have still watched whoever the first target was and clear whoever the actual killer is. It was to cover their assses, in my opinion.

Kind of backfired because of Burb, though. That's way too many people targeting one guy that died to not vote for one of them. Fire's claim seemed weak at the time, but it was just because he was probably lying about who he switched Ouro with. I still think he switched him with someone.

cabot

People think of this as "Jumping in logic", but Its just adapting the strategy to the current game. 1) We had lost an important PR and Karkador was practicaly begging us in a Tsundere way to just let the day die.

2) Then there is my obsession with lynching Cabbeh. Well, here is the thing, on day 1.0 I suggested Cabbeh would a better option than batsnacks, pretty much because lynching a possible miller role is not as damaging as lynching a PR, and 3) I had no reason to believe on cabbeh´s claim other than "I claimed early, so I must be innocent". Even now I still have my doubts, but the way he is been playing so far supports he is just a townie that got an unfortunate role, but in the context of day 1 me wanting to lynch Cabbeh made sense.

Day 2

4) I didn´t like how everyone just up and accepted Blargonaut´s plan, a player that I have found suspicious from the very beginning and continue to think so, but I will explain why in a moment.

5) In my attacks on Blarg I never, ever dismissed Fireblend as a NFA. At most I said there was a chance that he was framed, but it was very slight, and in my proposal of lynching Blargonaut I made it clear that Fireblend should be next. The reason I wanted Blargonaut lynched first was because his plan required the complete cooperation of town and he claimed to be an NFA player that turned good, how convenient is that? In that moment, I was not going to let a self-claimed NFA player to lead town.

2) The main reason I think cabbeh is saying the true is because, right now, the heat is not on him. He could have kept quite and played it out but his role gives us a very important piece of information we can rely on: Someone can investigate in some way.

Vote: Cabbeh

1) I don't know what Kark was doing, but he maybe begged at one point in the extended D1, but it was nowhere near deadline. By then he was being weirdly smug and incredibly irritating to be honest

2) Did you do this? No you didn't. I'll redirect you to THIS POST RIGHT HERE IN THE CAPITAL LETTERS. I will remind you that this is every post you made between batsnacks roleclaiming and you placing a vote on batsnacks not long before the Becky.

Notice how there's absolutely no mention of batsnacks post claim. Ouch.

3) If you're going to quote yourself, try and be accurate. I've numbered your actual quote where you say you trust my claim because of the 'no heat' reason which you downplay so hard in todays post.

4) I remember quite a lot of people having a problem with Blarg's plan. In fact, I think Sorian alone was up for it. Then Launch for about 2 hours. Everyone else had the very same arguments of not liking Blarg leading the lynch and deciding who to kill on his own whim. So much misinformation here.

5) Blarg is an issue, but his lynch didn't have as many benefits of Fire's flip. He would simultaneously confirm Burb and drop some suspicion from Sorian. His claim was also weak, which I went in detail IN THIS ALL CAPITALISED LINK HERE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE

My vote stays.

I don't think Fireblend killed Ouro, either. I think Fireblend switched Ouro with someone else that a different mafia targeted. They did this simply because of misdirection. Fireblend can claim switcher (and be honest) and someone could have still watched whoever the first target was and clear whoever the actual killer is. It was to cover their assses, in my opinion.

Kind of backfired because of Burb, though. That's way too many people targeting one guy that died to not vote for one of them. Fire's claim seemed weak at the time, but it was just because he was probably lying about who he switched Ouro with. I still think he switched him with someone.

Yet, why did Burb see Sorian and Fireblend? If a switch occurred, Burb would have seen the final resulting actions on Ouro; he would not have been switched himself.

Top Bottom