• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
No chat, one less thing to worry about.

So please read everything else, the part about the chat was more relevant about Fire and why he decided to kill instead of using another action. So with that out of the way, I think the most obvious solution is that Fire just decided to do the killing and he was picked up by bubs.

Now, the fact that there is chance and all NFA can communicate with each other means that hey know what each other can do,so that means that the NFA would be aware of the value of Fireblend as a member and that may explain why blarg wanted to get attention away from him with his claim.

Also, I want to say I really don´t mind if I get lynched, I know my way of playing is conflicting and direct to the point, I don´t have a problem making enemies and throwing ideas out there of how things could have happen, it really bothers me how easy everyone was on dismising Blarg, first when he claimed lightning rod (THAT EVERYONE BELIEVED) and then when he said he was lying (THAT, AGAIN, EVERYONE BELIEVED), so excuse me if I want lynched a person that has pretty much lied to town every single move he has made. If that makes me suspicious, then so be it.

The rest of your post was about exactly what was expected from your defense. I don't really hold day 1 against you but the fact remains that on day 2, you went over a lead that really could wait and now in hindsight that was protecting NFA's (probably) strongest member. Also who believed Blarg's lightning rod thing? Don't say everyone because I certainly didn't. It was still a scenario where he did no harm regardless of his role as opposed to letting a for sure scum stay alive.

Even in light of all the evidence, most of what you guys are saying about Salva can be said about Blarg, yet Blarg tried to kill me. As "pro-town" as his play might have seemed, the likeliest outcome was going to be me dead, not a no-kill night. What's more, why back off this claim? Most of us were buying that shit or at least buying it enough to take a wait-and-see approach with him.

Also, what happened to hounding me down? All of a sudden, it seems like he's lost his train of motivation. Isn't that suspicious as hell, coming off of heavy tunneling so haphazardly?

VOTE: Blargonaut

I do find it interesting that Blarg has been relatively quiet. I have a hard time believing that he isn't watching.

Darryl

Banned
Why on earth would they switch someone and pull off the kill? There is nothing to gain there. The obvious answer is all mafia have night powers and they compromised. You idiots killed the fucking cop after all, so it's not like his powers are really that great anymore.

Sorian

Banned
Why on earth would they switch someone and pull off the kill? There is nothing to gain there. The obvious answer is all mafia have night powers and they compromised. You idiots killed the fucking cop after all, so it's not like his powers are really that great anymore.

It's ok to consider Darryl, roleblocker and switcher are still pretty important. You are probably right but I think that tells us that the other powers are strong and if they are all this OP, it might be a team of 2 instead a team of 3 like a lot of us expected.

Sorian

Banned
That's neither here nor there though. I brought it up to see if anyone would spot a good motive or reason, I saw nothing and wanted input. Fire was attached to the guy who died, he was NFA, Occam's razor and all that.

SalvaPot

1) I don't know what Kark was doing, but he maybe begged at one point in the extended D1, but it was nowhere near deadline. By then he was being weirdly smug and incredibly irritating to be honest

2) Did you do this? No you didn't. I'll redirect you to THIS POST RIGHT HERE IN THE CAPITAL LETTERS. I will remind you that this is every post you made between batsnacks roleclaiming and you placing a vote on batsnacks not long before the Becky.

Notice how there's absolutely no mention of batsnacks post claim. Ouch.

3) If you're going to quote yourself, try and be accurate. I've numbered your actual quote where you say you trust my claim because of the 'no heat' reason which you downplay so hard in todays post.

4) I remember quite a lot of people having a problem with Blarg's plan. In fact, I think Sorian alone was up for it. Then Launch for about 2 hours. Everyone else had the very same arguments of not liking Blarg leading the lynch and deciding who to kill on his own whim. So much misinformation here.

5) Blarg is an issue, but his lynch didn't have as many benefits of Fire's flip. He would simultaneously confirm Burb and drop some suspicion from Sorian. His claim was also weak, which I went in detail IN THIS ALL CAPITALISED LINK HERE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE

My vote stays.

I missed the ending of Day 1, as I was at school, I did sneak out and tried to get up to speed but by then it was too late, even then I still had the idea that maybe Karkador was lying and he was just a townie or scum, so I honestly was not that worried about him dying.

I am pretty sure I quoted my actual quote, I used the search function from the forum. I don´t know why is so important to you, but I am not going out of my way to see if its true or not, its just not important to me.

And no, no matter how you spin it everyone was pretty much was either on board with Blargs plan or in a wait-and-see position, either way I was not having it. My attacks on blarg was not in defense of fire, as much as you claim they might have been. I am still extremely adamant about my position.

What exactly is the reason you are voting for me? Because I stopped focusing on Fire and tried to get Blarg instead? Because I wanted you dead in the first night after your miller claim? Because I ended up voting bats? Because of me not wanting to drop the Blarg lynch even after he claimed innocence?

I dunno, all the facts you have against me, all of them, have always been for the sake of Town, please tell me how exactly my actions are aligned for NFA. Everything I have done here can be said about any other player, the difference is that I have been far more conflicting with others, and you in particular seem to think I wanted you dead just because it would be beneficial to NFA. Sorry, but NFA won´t win anything killing a Miller. This is the reason why you are still alive.

And yes, miller is there to confuse town. It is. You are an ordinary kid, but the only thing backing you is your word, can you really blame me for thinking the optimal lynch option was you?

Darryl

Banned
I'm surprised that so many don't trust Launch. I actually believe his claim (kind of, I don't buy that Tim made such a weird mistake) but I can fully admit that this is one that I could easily be wrong on, I'm not sold on Launch either way yet and I'm hoping something else happens that links him with town or scum.

Launch on paper is scummy as hell. After snacks elaborated on his role he was the first person to just shut him down. He focused Kark so hard he derailed most discussion and had people so convinced one of them had to die that not even a role claim could save him, on day fucking 1. Blarg had to come out with some fake role claim to get people to look at him. Top it off with a weird role claim. My mind is blown that me and Blarg are the only two who are taking a hard look at him. The only reason not to is because he is suckering everyone in and making them share his guilt for the stupid shit he has done (I'll take responsibility!!). It's either very clever or very stupid but people need to acknowledge this is happening.

Sorian

Banned
Now I'm confused. Sorian who did you *try* to lick when you hit Ouro?

The command I sent that night was COWLICK: Ourobolus. I got a response back in the morning saying the action failed. I've confirmed that I get back an action failed response if my target dies or if a switcher made it so that I licked myself. I assume any tampering with my lick command alerts me because my role is clear that I can't lick the same person twice so I have to know who I successfully licked.

SalvaPot

The rest of your post was about exactly what was expected from your defense. I don't really hold day 1 against you but the fact remains that on day 2, you went over a lead that really could wait and now in hindsight that was protecting NFA's (probably) strongest member. Also who believed Blarg's lightning rod thing? Don't say everyone because I certainly didn't. It was still a scenario where he did no harm regardless of his role as opposed to letting a for sure scum stay alive.

In this context, everyone wanted to go with his plan, so that means everyone believed him, even if temporally.

It just sounds dumb to me, as town, to go along with the plan who someone that claimed NFA. The day is the only time we have real control of what we can do. You are saying I should have just shut up and let Blarg do whatever he wanted?

And why are people saying I was protecting Fireblend? Its clear my position was Blarg now, Fire later, opposed to the Fire now, Blarg later that town agreed upon when Blarg claimed, but I don´t want NFA to control the narrative, in my mind, if Blarg was lying about his night action (as he did) he can pretty much do anything. Maybe he needed to be left alone one more night so he could perform an action.

Maybe his gambit was for him to not be roleblocked, so he could get an important kill. I don´t know, no one really knows except for NFA.

By now I am just repeating everything I had already said, but since I am under suspicion here, I guess I can´t just stay quiet and take it.

cabot

I missed the ending of Day 1, as I was at school, I did sneak out and tried to get up to speed but by then it was too late, even then I still had the idea that maybe Karkador was lying and he was just a townie or scum, so I honestly was not that worried about him dying.

I am pretty sure I quoted my actual quote, I used the search function from the forum. I don´t know why is so important to you, but I am not going out of my way to see if its true or not, its just not important to me.

And no, no matter how you spin it everyone was pretty much was either on board with Blargs plan or in a wait-and-see position, either way I was not having it. My attacks on blarg was not in defense of fire, as much as you claim they might have been. I am still extremely adamant about my position.

What exactly is the reason you are voting for me? Because I stopped focusing on Fire and tried to get Blarg instead? Because I wanted you dead in the first night after your miller claim? Because I ended up voting bats? Because of me not wanting to drop the Blarg lynch even after he claimed innocence?

I dunno, all the facts you have against me, all of them, have always been for the sake of Town, please tell me how exactly my actions are aligned for NFA. Everything I have done here can be said about any other player, the difference is that I have been far more conflicting with others, and you in particular seem to think I wanted you dead just because it would be beneficial to NFA. Sorry, but NFA won´t win anything killing a Miller. This is the reason why you are still alive.

And yes, miller is there to confuse town. It is. You are an ordinary kid, but the only thing backing you is your word, can you really blame me for thinking the optimal lynch option was you?

You weren't that worried but you called us idiots after, ok.

You didn't quote your actual quote, I did though. Thanks for reading.

I was not on board with his plan. I know that much. Thanks.

My reasons are clear, I've posted multiple times (recently, too) with my reasons.

I'd say answering my post with a bunch of 'tish pujah, nonsense' responses isn't town aligned. Some evidence would have been nice. Drive by voting batsnacks with no reason given at the time (real life consequences or not) is anti-town. Saying you trust my claim but then trying to get me lynched as soon as possible is verging on anti-town because you didn't know how I would contribute as it was D1

Asking questions which have already been covered by my own posts is just annoying

The crazy townfoil hat theory is that Sorian and Fireblend were both mafia, and Fireblend used his swapping on Ouro and another player; they planned it so Sorian would target the other player, but the switch would make it land on Ouro.

However, I don't see why they would do that, other than to confuse possible power roles. We have no proof that Sorian's first cowlick ever happened.

Darryl

Banned
While SalvaPot is under the grill he made some comment that REALLY pissed me off about how "Sorian/Launch/Kark probably aren't even mafia and the real scum are sitting in the back laughing at this". Or some shit. It's just scummy to say period. I never stopped to look if you were cheering on those lynches because I didn't have the time but if you have some reason to suspect people other than those on the cross than make it known instead of quietly planting ideas and doubt.

Sorian

Banned

Lynching the miller is an extremely NFA-aligned move to take. It does a good job of making you look town because you are trying to get rid of the confusion but the town's job isn't to get rid of the confusion, it's to kill scum. It's like the Blarg thing on day 2, we could kill scum or we could kill confusion and again, you voted for confusion. I think the crux of my own argument and other people's arguments is you aren't trying to find scum, you are trying kill off these other roles and people that you aren't really calling scum but are saying we need to kill to make the picture clearer. It reads NFA because you are never hitting against the NFA, you are hitting targets that NFA would never kill during night time.

Launch on paper is scummy as hell. After snacks elaborated on his role he was the first person to just shut him down. He focused Kark so hard he derailed most discussion and had people so convinced one of them had to die that not even a role claim could save him, on day fucking 1. Blarg had to come out with some fake role claim to get people to look at him. Top it off with a weird role claim. My mind is blown that me and Blarg are the only two who are taking a hard look at him. The only reason not to is because he is suckering everyone in and making them share his guilt for the stupid shit he has done (I'll take responsibility!!). It's either very clever or very stupid but people need to acknowledge this is happening.

Well squidy is looking at him now too. As I've said, I do admit to believing him. I also believe cabbeh and roy on different things they have said even though all 3 have been suspicious in their own way. Knowing Blarg's or your motive would tell me more how I should think of Launch at this time. I can be convinced otherwise though.

roytheone

In this context, everyone wanted to go with his plan, so that means everyone believed him, even if temporally.

It just sounds dumb to me, as town, to go along with the plan who someone that claimed NFA. The day is the only time we have real control of what we can do. You are saying I should have just shut up and let Blarg do whatever he wanted?

And why are people saying I was protecting Fireblend? Its clear my position was Blarg now, Fire later, opposed to the Fire now, Blarg later that town agreed upon when Blarg claimed, but I don´t want NFA to control the narrative, in my mind, if Blarg was lying about his night action (as he did) he can pretty much do anything. Maybe he needed to be left alone one more night so he could perform an action.

Maybe his gambit was for him to not be roleblocked, so he could get an important kill. I don´t know, no one really knows except for NFA.

By now I am just repeating everything I had already said, but since I am under suspicion here, I guess I can´t just stay quiet and take it.

Earlier in the thread I already gave an example why keeping fire a night longer alive could have been incredibly beneficial for the Mafia. Doesn't matter you want to Lynch him next, he would have used his block power in the night which could cause a lot of trouble for us.

You give me too much credit.

batsnacks started acting erratically and saying shit like "wait no guys I roleclaimed, that means you have to move on and doubt all your choices!" (paraphrasing) I didn't lead the vote against him; I was against it until that point.

Kark was also acting extremely suspicious. I bear a lot of the blame for killing him, but if it looks and acts like scum, it's probably scum. Kark should have known better. If you tell me he wasn't acting scummy, I'm not sure what to say to you that you would understand.

The roleclaim is weird, but (now that AB is dead, I can talk about it) Tim thought that he was giving me a role similar to AB's in Danganronpa. He didn't know AB was actually the investigator, so he sidled me with this crappy role that is entirely anti-town. Like I said, I should have claimed this Day fucking 1, but he and I had a miscommunication.

Sorian

Banned

What roy said above. You weren't protecting Fire in saying "no, never lynch him" but your actions were giving him one more night and as we saw, Fire could have done a lot in one night.

The crazy townfoil hat theory is that Sorian and Fireblend were both mafia, and Fireblend used his swapping on Ouro and another player; they planned it so Sorian would target the other player, but the switch would make it land on Ouro.

However, I don't see why they would do that, other than to confuse possible power roles. We have no proof that Sorian's first cowlick ever happened.

I know you, yourself say its a crazy theory but what purpose would me killing a switch target serve. I mean, I could see a fun scenario where they know a watcher will watch Ouro, I submit a kill command on myself, Fire switches Ouro and I. Burb is now watching me and I am now killing Ouro. That's great and a well thought out elaborate plan IMO but then Burb wouldn't have gotten me on his watch list, he would have just seen Fire. I know there is no proof that my first lick ever happened but it is what it is. I have to lick someone once a night and I chose Ouro first.

SalvaPot

Asking questions which have already been covered by my own posts is just annoying

I could say the same thing, all my reasoning are there, I don´t blame you if you don´t believe me, as I have been actively against you and you know for sure what you are.

There is no point on keeping this discussion. You are decided in getting me. All right then, keep your vote on me, you are still lynching me because you only have two options, me or blarg, and getting me makes more sense to you, since I voted for you and you know if you are town or not. Its a reasonable choice, no hard feelings.

Since I know a few of the other players are ready to lynch me out. All you could possible know about me is there. My playstyle is there. I just ask to wait for blarg to come back.

I know I am not that close to getting lynched, but by now I am sure its going to be either me or Blargonaut who is getting the boot. There is no other information to go through, and I hate stalling. I want to wait to what Blargonaut has to say. Right now its not you vs me, Cabbeh, is Blargonaut vs Me.

Once Blargonaut has spoken, I´ll make my role claim.

Nah, why wait.

I am an ordinary kid. Normal town. I don´t have a power other than voting. I have nothing to lose. That might explain why I play in such a way and why I antagonize as much as I do.

There it is now, my full information. Now l want blarg to respond to my post if you don´t mind, cabbeh.

What roy said above. You weren't protecting Fire in saying "no, never lynch him" but your actions were giving him one more night and as we saw, Fire could have done a lot in one night.

I know you, yourself say its a crazy theory but what purpose would me killing a switch target serve. I mean, I could see a fun scenario where they know a watcher will watch Ouro, I submit a kill command on myself, Fire switches Ouro and I. Burb is now watching me and I am now killing Ouro. That's great and a well thought out elaborate plan IMO but then Burb wouldn't have gotten me on his watch list, he would have just seen Fire. I know there is no proof that my first lick ever happened but it is what it is. I have to lick someone once a night and I chose Ouro first.

It wouldn't have stopped a watcher from seeing you, correct, so I don't know what the point would be. In case of a swapper - unlikely because the swapper was on your team. I'm not sure what other scenario this would be a good strategy for, considering how many PRs died on day 1.

Sorian

Banned
The roleclaim is weird, but (now that AB is dead, I can talk about it) Tim thought that he was giving me a role similar to AB's in Danganronpa. He didn't know AB was actually the investigator, so he sidled me with this crappy role that is entirely anti-town. Like I said, I should have claimed this Day fucking 1, but he and I had a miscommunication.

The only reason this part keeps sounding like bullshit to me is because we both know that Tim chose the roles at random, he didn't make a role just for you to mess with you. He made up roles, put us all into a random list generator and boom, done. You keep trying to sell that Tim is a bad moderator for the game when there is no reason for any of us to believe that.

Timeaisis

The command I sent that night was COWLICK: Ourobolus. I got a response back in the morning saying the action failed. I've confirmed that I get back an action failed response if my target dies or if a switcher made it so that I licked myself. I assume any tampering with my lick command alerts me because my role is clear that I can't lick the same person twice so I have to know who I successfully licked.

So either the kill happened BEFORE your cowlick went through and Ouro had already died or your lick was switched and ended up targeting someone who was immune or who you had licked before (or yourself).

I don't understand why the kill would go through before your lick, but maybe that's how the ability works. In the end, it's still very possible that Fireblend did a switch and another mafia did a kill. I understand it's super tinfoil hat of me to even suggest that, but I think they're a pretty clever bunch over there. That whole mess plus Blargonaut created a shit ton of confusion yesterday. The lightning rod definitely didn't help, either.

The only reason this part keeps sounding like bullshit to me is because we both know that Tim chose the roles at random, he didn't make a role just for you to mess with you. He made up roles, put us all into a random list generator and boom, done. You keep trying to sell that Tim is a bad moderator for the game when there is no reason for any of us to believe that.

The flavor role name stayed the same between the two. He says he (and Palmer? whoever helped him, he refers to themselves as "we") changed it after the fact and he forgot.

Sorian

Banned
I could say the same thing, all my reasoning are there, I don´t blame you if you don´t believe me, as I have been actively against you and you know for sure what you are.

There is no point on keeping this discussion. You are decided in getting me. All right then, keep your vote on me, you are still lynching me because you only have two options, me or blarg, and getting me makes more sense to you, since I voted for you and you know if you are town or not. Its a reasonable choice, no hard feelings.

Since I know a few of the other players are ready to lynch me out. All you could possible know about me is there. My playstyle is there. I just ask to wait for blarg to come back.

I know I am not that close to getting lynched, but by now I am sure its going to be either me or Blargonaut who is getting the boot. There is no other information to go through, and I hate stalling. I want to wait to what Blargonaut has to say. Right now its not you vs me, Cabbeh, is Blargonaut vs Me.

Nah, why wait.

I am an ordinary kid. Normal town. I don´t have a power other than voting. I have nothing to lose. That might explain why I play in such a way and why I antagonize as much as I do.

There it is now, my full information. Now l want blarg to respond to my post if you don´t mind, cabbeh.

This isn't a bullet time battle bullshit. We can lynch anyone we want. If someone has a better idea than these two, please don't be afraid of speaking up. Darryl brought up Launch and I see no reason why we shouldn't be discussing Launch as well.

Nah, why wait.

You and me both, brah

I'm busy playing Darkest Dungeon on a train btw, sry can't respond

Sorian

Banned
So either the kill happened BEFORE your cowlick went through and Ouro had already died or your lick was switched and ended up targeting someone who was immune or who you had licked before (or yourself).

I don't understand why the kill would go through before your lick, but maybe that's how the ability works. In the end, it's still very possible that Fireblend did a switch and another mafia did a kill. I understand it's super tinfoil hat of me to even suggest that, but I think they're a pretty clever bunch over there. That whole mess plus Blargonaut created a shit ton of confusion yesterday. The lightning rod definitely didn't help, either.

Just as a note, this was night 1 so the only person "immune" to my lick was myself. Now tonight the only two people "immune" are myself and cabot. I don't know the exact order of the lick but I do know that whether it succeeds or fails is based on if the person woke up with the cowlick. Ouro was dead so he never woke up so I could have gotten a failed action for that. Or a switcher switched Ouro and myself and I'm immune to myself so I could have gotten a failed action for that.

The flavor role name stayed the same between the two. He says he (and Palmer? whoever helped him, he refers to themselves as "we") changed it after the fact and he forgot.

I can't find it but I thought it was Fire and maybe someone else remembers. Wasn't there another person complaining that they felt Tim was a bad moderator or something? Or has that just all been Launch?

Blarg and Salva both claimed ordinary kid. With all the PR's revealed so far, it's not unexpected, but of course it's a really easy claim to make.

1. cabbeh [m] - claimed Miller
2. Timeaisis [m]
3. roytheone [m]
4. Darryl [-]
5. Sorian [m] - claimed Neutral Survivor
6. batsnacks [m] - Jailer
7. Fireblend [m] - Scum
8. Karkador [m] - Cop
9. Burbeting [m] - Watcher
10. SalvaPot [m] - claimed Ordinary Kid
11. Ourobolus [m] - Ordinary Kid
12. LaunchpadMcQ [m] - claimed sleepwalker
13. Lone_Prodigy [m] - claimed one-shot day vig
14. Blargonaut [m] - claimed Ordinary Kid
15. squidyj [m]

Joke or not, scummy bullshit when people are asking you direct questions and there are some real suspicions on you.

f9sY4ZG.png

There's daylight to burn yet, relax

Sorian

Banned
Blarg and Salva both claimed ordinary kid. With all the PR's revealed so far, it's not unexpected, but of course it's a really easy claim to make.

1. cabbeh [m] - claimed Miller
2. Timeaisis [m]
3. roytheone [m]
4. Darryl [-]
5. Sorian [m] - claimed Neutral Survivor
6. batsnacks [m] - Jailer
7. Fireblend [m] - Scum
8. Karkador [m] - Cop
9. Burbeting [m] - Watcher
10. SalvaPot [m] - claimed Ordinary Kid
11. Ourobolus [m] - Ordinary Kid
12. LaunchpadMcQ [m] - claimed sleepwalker
13. Lone_Prodigy [m] - claimed one-shot day vig
14. Blargonaut [m] - claimed Ordinary Kid
15. squidyj [m]

It's probably important to note everything that Fire was. Scum team can't actually be OP, I'm sure the game has balance.

f9sY4ZG.png

There's daylight to burn yet, relax

I know, you aren't really suspicious to me just because of today. It's better to just answer things now rather than later though. If this is a useless endeavor, I'd like to start realizing that now instead of an hour before the vote timer is up.

Also, is Darryl going to keep coming in here, post some shit tearing me down, then ignore my response and come back with the same bullshit the next day? I mean, really, it's getting old.

Top Bottom