• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

cabot

I'll respond to Sorian's question that Roy quoted and say that currently I do not think Sorian is scum. This was due to the licking which cleared up the part of his role I didn't understand (GROSSNESS) and obviously Fire flipping mafia worked in his favour too.

1) You can distance yourself from snacks all you want, but you said shit like this:

I appreciate people trying to disagree and get to the bottom of this, but there is no need because he's absolutely scum.

2) When you look past the aggressive filler posts he was just a guy claiming Ordinary Town and trying to get us to No Evict.

3) I don't believe any aspect of your role claim. It comes off as nonsense halfway positioning yourself so that you can "That obviously wasn't my role. I was deceiving scum. How could you even believe that? Here is a role more convenient that fits within those lines", to "I told you so, Burb. I'm a night walker". How conveniently you found the error right after a watcher reveal. Your role reveal wasn't needed and from my point of view it appears to be capitalizing on Blarg's craziness to have us oversee you setting yourself up a worst case scenario.

I doubt I'll get a response, but what the hell:

1) there was an obvious turning point with Darryl. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get him to explain his role, yet instead he chose to start acting weird.

2) ok cool. I'll make sure to use my crystal ball more often.

3) yes, "right after". As in 24+ hours after. As in, if I were mafia, I would know that Burb is probably dying that night, so claiming this nonsense is pointless, especially when it added nothing to the Sorian, Fireblend, Blarg situation. My role is about the same as the Miller; it's something that should have been claimed right away.

D for effort Darryl.

I said it in D1, but Launch's determination could be a problem for town. Now we've got squidy, who's just about as determined, we could be dragged to places we don't like.

This is an example. Someone makes a PR claim, you should always 'entertain' keeping them around. I don't think this was some insane lie that batsnacks threw out in the midst, I didn't vote on him because I actually believed there was truth to him being at least town from what I read on his posts.

It's the reason I 'entertained' Blarg telling the truth yesterday and considering lynching him, because his role was so dangerous. In the end, he bailed and Fire was a good option, so I remained on him.

2 reasons I quote this

1) meltdown = scum. He had a meltdown with the role claims in D1, and there was some mild meltdowns between Launch, Sorian and Blarg in D2. Nowhere near as intense, but by his own logic he's appearing scummy because he has had meltdowns.
2) He mentions trusting Ouro if bat flips mafia, but Ouro then flipped ordinary town. I am still inclined to believe his insights and I noticed this quote crop up a few times through Launch:

We've eliminated two of his three suspects and they were both PRs. Do we go for that final one? There's evidence for it. It's Salva for me today but it's something to think about.

I've taken a backseat now, and I'm trying to avoid what's going to happen if we let squidy lead us, especially when one of those places is my getting lynched.

Are you kidding? I asked batsnacks, very specifically, to explain his role. He told me he didn't have to, having a role was enough. Are you kidding?

1) yeah, no, not the same. Look back at batsnacks post-claim. He starts acting extremely erratically. I got mad for a bit day 2, but I cooled off and other than calling people some names, there wasn't much to it.
2) I'm not even sure what your point is here.

You've given us nothing to think about.

cabot

I was referring more to my claim not batsnacks, you went off the rails for a bit.

This game is a joke.

VOTE: cabbeh

Screw this, I don't want to waste any more day phases on this guy. Truth or not, he's only going to bring problems.

That's 0.2% more than you should have had.

If someone else role claims, I am legit ragequitting.

Let's ignore that I am mad as fuck about yet another unforced roleclaim. Whatever suits your argument best.

Your entire role exists to cause confusion and discord in the first place. Pile on you might be lying, and lynching you is the only sane thing to do.

Take into consideration how maddening role claims are, you have where I'm at with you.

Batsnacks is difficult because he was bizarrely stubborn and I ended up having to throw up some sort of defense for him, but I couldn't have been the only person that thought there was town in that guy, I refuse to believe that.

I was referring more to my claim not batsnacks, you went off the rails for a bit.

Batsnacks is difficult because he was bizarrely stubborn and I ended up having to throw up some sort of defense for him, but I couldn't have been the only person that thought there was town in that guy, I refuse to believe that.

Huh? A lot of those posts, I was still processing what your roleclaim meant. I've never played with a Miller role.

Also fuck you for that my friend.

Thanks.

Honestly, you guys want to focus on me, fine. I don't mind, because I'll actually defend myself. But you let people like Blarg "Now You See Me" and Darryl "Drive-By Discrediting" fly under the radar. Those are the people we should be scrutinizing. But whatever, GAF town gonna GAF town.

CzarTim

I approve the blarg and salva game. I'll post the losing color in the dead thread.

However I will only mod kill the loser if five currently alive players quote this post and say YES. Blarg and salva don't count towards the number.

I approve the blarg and salva game. I'll post the losing color in the dead thread.

However I will only mod kill the loser if five currently alive players quote this post and say YES. Blarg and salva don't count towards the number.

YES

omg launch is approving of something so anti-town, he must be scum!

amtIHfY.gif

I'm just waiting

cabot

YES

NX has been relatively sane recently, I have decided this is not acceptable.

We are playing this:

953878-bowser_s_big_blast.jpg

That is right, to make it fair for both parties, is going to be a game of pure, unadultered, dumb luck.

I need CzarTim for this one, or another trustworthy moderator that can be our judge for this game.

The premise is simple. Our moderator chooses one of the five detonators to be the bad one, while the other 4 are duds. Only the moderator will know which one is the BOOM one.

We take turns picking them. As I was the one making the challenge, I´ll let you blargonaut to choose if you want to go first or second, and from there we go one/one.

Now we just have to decide if the loser can be mod killed or just vote for himself. I´ll rather modkilled, but that really depends on what Czar thinks about it and if its allowed or not. Either way, we are going to have some fun!

So, do I have to wait for 5 people to say YES before I kick it off and pick who goes first?

Timeaisis

YES

I'm gonna vote no lynch if we hit town...I was gonna vote for one of those two, anyway

roytheone

Eeeeeeh, why not. Those two are my number 1 and 2 on my suspect list, and this game is already so incredibly crazy, why not make it even more bonkers?

YES.

(And yes, I also will vote no lynch today if this goes through).

YES

YES

YES

I'm gonna vote no lynch if we hit town...I was gonna vote for one of those two, anyway

Eeeeeeh, why not. Those two are my number 1 and 2 on my suspect list, and this game is already so incredibly crazy, why not make it even more bonkers?

YES.

Need 1 more

Timeaisis

RE: Launchpad

His over-aggressiveness does not affect my opinion of him. He's just that kind of player, and that's OK. However, his weird roleclaim shenanigans definitely paint him suspicious. I want to believe it was just all a misunderstanding with Tim, but it's hard to say. As far as his playstyle goes, though, he seems town. He's just stubborn. But sometimes you need players like that.

We are playing this:

953878-bowser_s_big_blast.jpg

That is right, to make it fair for both parties, is going to be a game of pure, unadultered, dumb luck.

I need CzarTim for this one, or another trustworthy moderator that can be our judge for this game.

The premise is simple. Our moderator chooses one of the five detonators to be the bad one, while the other 4 are duds. Only the moderator will know which one is the BOOM one.

We take turns picking them. As I was the one making the challenge, I´ll let you blargonaut to choose if you want to go first or second, and from there we go one/one.

Now we just have to decide if the loser can be mod killed or just vote for himself. I´ll rather modkilled, but that really depends on what Czar thinks about it and if its allowed or not. Either way, we are going to have some fun!

YES

YES

YES

YES.

I see I woke up just in time.

YES

This is only beneficial to town.

bloodsport confirmed

Since SalivaPotion is Job Lvl.1-tier Minigame Host, could either he or CzarTim officially confirm what the names are of the five colours to choose from?

i.e.,

1. ?
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
I like my standards, k

RE: Launchpad

His over-aggressiveness does not affect my opinion of him. He's just that kind of player, and that's OK. However, his weird roleclaim shenanigans definitely paint him suspicious. I want to believe it was just all a misunderstanding with Tim, but it's hard to say. As far as his playstyle goes, though, he seems town. He's just stubborn. But sometimes you need players like that.

I would openly classify myself as stubborn, but the Kark situation is as bad as I'll get. I've been open to what everyone is saying, as long as they've provided ample reasoning for their opinions.

I also still hate Tim. He knows what I'm saying is true, but he can't confirm anything. Sigh.

Top Bottom