• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

CzarTim

2WCqJ7H.png

5 votes needed for a majority.

t1441990800z1.png

Sorian

Banned
Finally some conversation last night. A lot of what was said was good and it will hopefully be useful as time goes on.

VOTE: Blargonaut

I'm going back to my original vote for the day. Time says a little bit earlier that he wants to do a no lynch because we have so many leads to chase and for the same reason I do want to lynch someone. We're stuck at a little impasse now and our best chance at breaking ground is to start with the most suspicious, see what they are, and then re-organize our thoughts. Blarg is still my top of the list. As I said before, people don't usually lie totally and completely when they come up with ridiculous scenarios and Blarg added in a clause about how he was NFA and could be recruited to fun team. This did not help his lie in any way, it was a completely useless detail and my worry is that it meant something, add that to the fact that Blarg does so little to help town and I've seen no indication that he has a PR that I do truly believe he will flip as a recruitable partner for NFA.

I think we're at a point where we have to just vote for people. Our watcher and cop are dead and there can't be many remaining town PR's that haven't been revealed. Voting no lynch does nothing: scum get a kill tonight and we won't have any new info.

Launchpad, refresh my memory, does your role actually do anything?

cabot

I am swaying to Blargonaut, for two reasons:

1) He's done nothing today aside from the game
2) I like the idea of killing both contestants because I'm quite twisted.

I think we're at a point where we have to just vote for people. Our watcher and cop are dead and there can't be many remaining town PR's that haven't been revealed. Voting no lynch does nothing: scum get a kill tonight and we won't have any new info.

Yes.

It pisses me off.

:(

no, not really now that the watcher is dead

cabot

I'm going back to squidy.

So now is the time I want to flip the script from the reads I gave earlier. 1)I was wrong about salvapot therefore I must have been wrong about everything, Launch is town and steve is scum.

2) You can lynch me today and we'll be down 2 ordinary kids but that sort of seems like a mistake in my position. 3) Truth is I'm sort of winging it this game.

4) I guess that's cool if you want to do the stupid thing. Seems like there's a lot of that going around right now.
5) My vote on cabot was a legitimate vote tho mate. I mean for starters I don't like his votes yesterday. and there's other stuff too, like what did he do with Cabbeh?

I've heard a couple people chime in on Launchpad's version of events but I was hoping for a little more, honestly Dude is being an erratic dick but he's not really coming off as mafia to me anymore, cutting through his bullshit and I'm not seeing the scum.

6) So I think I'm just gonna vote cabot till he dies.

1) I feel this is so ridiculous that it's a bait. You're wrong about one thing so you conclude that everything else you thought is wrong also?

2) A mistake you seem willing to make just as easily.

3) Squidy admitting he's winging it is interesting, considering that goes against his previous two game performances.

4) As opposed to your vote, which is the de facto smart thing?

5) I explained the vote situation, backed it up by checking the spreadsheet. My votes were between No vote/Fire/Blarg. Don't see anything bad between those choices aside from no vote which I explained. My name change is definitely a scum move.

6) As in I'll never change your new fangled opinion until I flip?

Sorian

Banned

My thoughts exactly, I'm never expecting PRs to magically save us (though I always appreciate their help when they hit gold) and now I don't even thin there is a PR that can save us.

Yes.

It pisses me off.

:(

no, not really now that the watcher is dead

Can you remind me of your flavor again?

My thoughts exactly, I'm never expecting PRs to magically save us (though I always appreciate their help when they hit gold) and now I don't even thin there is a PR that can save us.

Can you remind me of your flavor again?

Incontinence Guy. Urinary incontinence, mind you. "Hey can you guys watch my stuff" - that's me 'visiting' people.

Sorian

Banned
Squidy definitely isn't playing his cool scum hunting persona like he usually does. He seemed to be on it when he was interested in Salva but he's reverted to a very weak version of himself. I don't condone a vote on our miller at this time only because I'm not seeing a lie behind that miller claim. Cabot has been nothing but helpful. When I threw my vote on squidy last night, I was curious how long it would take him to pop in to say something, it was fast and he didn't really defend himself or his own vote, it was more trying to make me feel bad about myself. I took note that it came off scummy.

Sorian

Banned

Can you tell me your thoughts so far? You don't want a no lynch but you still aren't voting. I'm not saying to commit to something right this second but you must have a few conflicting thoughts if you haven't voted yet. Tell me what you're thinking.

squidyj

Tim says no, they are not notified. Which, flavor-wise, doesn't make much sense but *shrug*

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here are the people that have not claimed:

Timeaisis
roytheone
squidyj
Darryl

(Blarg has soft-claimed, sort of.)

I think one of these 4 is NFA. Another is likely a town PR of sorts. I'm also willing to bet that one of them will be killed tonight.

I'll post more later.

Sorian

Banned
Here are the people that have not claimed:

Timeaisis
roytheone
squidyj
Darryl

(Blarg has soft-claimed, sort of.)

I think one of these 4 is NFA. Another is likely a town PR of sorts. I'm also willing to bet that one of them will be killed tonight.

I'll post more later.

squidy has technically claimed though it was very offhand and was used more as a deflection tactic. He said he was ordinary kid.

Sorian

Banned
Not claiming makes you scummy? In what universe.

I'll claim if you guys really want to know everyone's role.

I don't want to know everyone's role. I predict that town has at least one more asset, town has blown enough of their load within 2 day phases, we don't need to out do day 1 and day 2.

Sorian

Banned
And I responded to that in 3403.

Quite deceptive of me to reply, ohoho!

You say that you waiting such a long time clears you but I notice that the "miscommunication" came up shortly after Blarg claimed his whole lightning rod thing. Yes, when Burb claimed, he was dying at night so why bother mentioning anything since no watcher was going to see you now but then a lightning rod popped up which meant that Burb might survive and see everyone with a night action. It was convenient for you to have happened to contact Tim at that time to verify, to say the least.

You say that you waiting such a long time clears you but I notice that the "miscommunication" came up shortly after Blarg claimed his whole lightning rod thing. Yes, when Burb claimed, he was dying at night so why bother mentioning anything since no watcher was going to see you now but then a lightning rod popped up which meant that Burb might survive and see everyone with a night action. It was convenient for you to have happened to contact Tim at that time to verify, to say the least.

I didn't say that cleared me, I said it made it incredibly suspicious.

Err one of the first things I pointed out is how my ability would contradict Blarg's claim, though I hadn't realized it; I claimed as soon as I noticed the mistake, no thinking. Of course, I didn't know for sure at the time, but I think if there were a lightning rod, my ability would have been drawn as well. I was trying to refute Blarg's claim at first, and why would I do that if I were mafia and it would put Fireblend in the crosshairs?

Sorian

Banned
I didn't say that cleared me, I said it made it incredibly suspicious.

Err one of the first things I pointed out is how my ability would contradict Blarg's claim, though I hadn't realized it; I claimed as soon as I noticed the mistake, no thinking. Of course, I didn't know for sure at the time, but I think if there were a lightning rod, my ability would have been drawn as well. I was trying to refute Blarg's claim at first, and why would I do that if I were mafia and it would put Fireblend in the crosshairs?

I shouldn't say it cleared you but it was your defense to Darryl's point. In regards to that, at this point, I think you or Darryl turning up scum would clear the other for me but I'm going to continuously have questions about you both until that happens.

Calling Blarg a liar didn't necessarily put Fire in the crosshairs. I saw a lot of rumbling for Blarg's head over lying.

Hold on, before you go after the point I know you'll start picking at, I'm saying two things that are seemingly at odds, but take into consideration the contexts.

The late claim is suspicious to the general scheme of the game, yes, but it was late also from Burb's claim. Darryl says I did it right after, but two things happened between Burb's claim and mine - Fireblend and Blarg claimed.

Sorian

Banned
Hold on, before you go after the point I know you'll start picking at, I'm saying two things that are seemingly at odds, but take into consideration the contexts.

The late claim is suspicious to the general scheme of the game, yes, but it was late also from Burb's claim. Darryl says I did it right after, but two things happened between Burb's claim and mine - Fireblend and Blarg claimed.

At the end of the day, I think the miscommunication of your role is just extremely suspicious, I'm just trying to figure out if it's suspicious because it's a lie and you are scum or if you didn't want to mention the miscommunication but then felt like you had to.

I would have just stuck with playing like an even night commuter like you were doing originally which is why I find it all odd that you even bothered telling us about the miscommunication in the first place, it wasn't the best play from either angle.

Sorian

Banned
And yes, I know you said you were playing transparent but town doesn't need to play transparent. I'm playing transparent because Kark threw spotlights on me day 1 and I'm trying to survive to the end of the game, it's a different goal in mind.

Neither of those things are true.

Shit dude, I domt know if Burb is going to survive the phase or what other roles there are. If I didn't get in front of this, I show up in a report, then I'm on the line to get lynched. Why is that a preferable scenario to letting you guys know, hey this role is balls and I anticipate it getting in trouble.

Sorian

Banned
Neither of those things are true.

Shit dude, I domt know if Burb is going to survive the phase or what other roles there are. If I didn't get in front of this, I show up in a report, then I'm on the line to get lynched. Why is that a preferable scenario to letting you guys know, hey this role is balls and I anticipate it getting in trouble.

It goes back to my whole idea that you care more about self-preservation than the town-aligned goal of just wiping out the scum team. I'm not saying all town should be suicidal like Kark was but you really seem to care a lot about staying alive. Of course, always try to stay alive from lynching but you even became super aggressive when the plan was that you might have to die at night which is something out of our hands any night anyway.

squidyj

how is this a defense though? a bunch of other stuff happening doesn't make..... what?

Darryl

Banned
Yeah whatever I don't even have the time to defend myself right now

Me neither. I don't want to bullet time battle. I'm just saying that you are telling people that I'm not responding to you and it's a lie. Why lie?

Also Sorian fuck off with this "there has to be one" nonsense you scummy fucker. You aren't even town.

Top Bottom