• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mafia] NX Launch Night |OT| Back of the Line!

Sorian

Banned
Me neither. I don't want to bullet time battle. I'm just saying that you are telling people that I'm not responding to you and it's a lie. Why lie?

Also Sorian fuck off with this "there has to be one" nonsense you scummy fucker. You aren't even town.

There has to be one what? What the fuck are you on about now? That I said if one of you flips scum then I think the other is town? Yeah, I don't think this is a scripted battle between two scum, sorry for throwing in my input, maybe if you actually contributed on a meaningful level then the neutral wouldn't have to work so hard for the town faction.

Timeaisis

Guys, calm down. Jesus.

I think it would be really helpful to have links to LMQ's two claims and his explanation of the situation. It'd prove very useful to go back through that again. I feel we're jumping the gun here a little and this whole story of LMQ being a giant liar-faced scum has kind of just developed.

Darryl

Banned
There has to be one what? What the fuck are you on about now? That I said if one of you flips scum then I think the other is town? Yeah, I don't think this is a scripted battle between two scum, sorry for throwing in my input, maybe if you actually contributed on a meaningful level then the neutral wouldn't have to work so hard for the town faction.

No you are throwing in trash posts that do not help us figure out which one of us is scum. You are just trying narrow the field to get one of us lynched. You've done just as much weird shit this game and most of my complaints towards Launch are just as likely to work on you.

Sorian

Banned
No you are throwing in trash posts that do not help us figure out which one of us is scum. You are just trying narrow the field to get one of us lynched. You've done just as much weird shit this game and most of my complaints towards Launch are just as likely to work on you.

You aren't reading my posts then, I'd rather lynch Blarg over you two but you are all high up on my suspicion list and I was pointing out a scenario that would change my ideas about the dynamic. I'm going to go back and try to find posts for you Time.

Sorian

Banned
Here is where Launch started coming out with his claim. I pulled anything he said that seemed to be soft claims until the real claim.

This is all I'm going to say. I have a PR, and I don't need you guys to know what it is for me to use it effectively.

So, there has been a MASSIVE miscommunication between Tim and I regarding my role and now I have no idea what it actually does.

GG fellas. Lynch me pls.

Hah. Ok, let's get this out of the way then since my role barely has a purpose.

Burb is telling the truth just based off of my role. There is definitely a role that watches for activity, because my role exists to stir shit up and produce noise.

I am Incontinence Guy. Every night, I visit a random person (not of my choosing) and tell them to watch my stuff while I go to the bathroom. I don't know who is visited, either. Essentially a town-aligned sleepwalker.

It used to be an even night commuter and I had been purposely been trying to paint a target on my back, getting Blarg to use his lightning rod on me (which would have failed, sorry bud). However, Tim corrected my role PM and I thought he only changed the flavor to poke some fun at me regarding the mechanics in the DR game; however, he changed the role's ability as well, so it's only now that I realize that I should have claimed yesterday to get this shit out of the way.

Also him working through his own claim and why it might point to Blarg lying which was true.

Actually, wait a minute...

Could this be a piece of evidence that someone is lying? I would think a lightning rod would attract my ability. So, either Blarg is lying about his ability or Burb is.

Here is the back and forth between Darryl and Launch have been talking about without quoting, just so people have to stop jumping back.

Launch on paper is scummy as hell. After snacks elaborated on his role he was the first person to just shut him down. He focused Kark so hard he derailed most discussion and had people so convinced one of them had to die that not even a role claim could save him, on day fucking 1. Blarg had to come out with some fake role claim to get people to look at him. Top it off with a weird role claim. My mind is blown that me and Blarg are the only two who are taking a hard look at him. The only reason not to is because he is suckering everyone in and making them share his guilt for the stupid shit he has done (I'll take responsibility!!). It's either very clever or very stupid but people need to acknowledge this is happening.

You give me too much credit.

batsnacks started acting erratically and saying shit like "wait no guys I roleclaimed, that means you have to move on and doubt all your choices!" (paraphrasing) I didn't lead the vote against him; I was against it until that point.

Kark was also acting extremely suspicious. I bear a lot of the blame for killing him, but if it looks and acts like scum, it's probably scum. Kark should have known better. If you tell me he wasn't acting scummy, I'm not sure what to say to you that you would understand.

The roleclaim is weird, but (now that AB is dead, I can talk about it) Tim thought that he was giving me a role similar to AB's in Danganronpa. He didn't know AB was actually the investigator, so he sidled me with this crappy role that is entirely anti-town. Like I said, I should have claimed this Day fucking 1, but he and I had a miscommunication.

1) You can distance yourself from snacks all you want, but you said shit like this:

I appreciate people trying to disagree and get to the bottom of this, but there is no need because he's absolutely scum.

2) When you look past the aggressive filler posts he was just a guy claiming Ordinary Town and trying to get us to No Evict.

3) I don't believe any aspect of your role claim. It comes off as nonsense halfway positioning yourself so that you can "That obviously wasn't my role. I was deceiving scum. How could you even believe that? Here is a role more convenient that fits within those lines", to "I told you so, Burb. I'm a night walker". How conveniently you found the error right after a watcher reveal. Your role reveal wasn't needed and from my point of view it appears to be capitalizing on Blarg's craziness to have us oversee you setting yourself up a worst case scenario.

I doubt I'll get a response, but what the hell:

1) there was an obvious turning point with Darryl. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and tried to get him to explain his role, yet instead he chose to start acting weird.

2) ok cool. I'll make sure to use my crystal ball more often.

3) yes, "right after". As in 24+ hours after. As in, if I were mafia, I would know that Burb is probably dying that night, so claiming this nonsense is pointless, especially when it added nothing to the Sorian, Fireblend, Blarg situation. My role is about the same as the Miller; it's something that should have been claimed right away.

D for effort Darryl.

I've taken a backseat now, and I'm trying to avoid what's going to happen if we let squidy lead us, especially when one of those places is my getting lynched.

Are you kidding? I asked batsnacks, very specifically, to explain his role. He told me he didn't have to, having a role was enough. Are you kidding?

1) yeah, no, not the same. Look back at batsnacks post-claim. He starts acting extremely erratically. I got mad for a bit day 2, but I cooled off and other than calling people some names, there wasn't much to it.
2) I'm not even sure what your point is here.

You've given us nothing to think about.

Ok I've got a few minutes. My final words will be coming later.

It goes back to my whole idea that you care more about self-preservation than the town-aligned goal of just wiping out the scum team. I'm not saying all town should be suicidal like Kark was but you really seem to care a lot about staying alive. Of course, always try to stay alive from lynching but you even became super aggressive when the plan was that you might have to die at night which is something out of our hands any night anyway.

I've been trying to do both, and really, I had to reveal my role. The confusion that my role would cause would eventually have led to me getting mislynched, which is a waste of a day. That's how I see it and I stand by that decision. I would be one less suspect, or at least a suspect which has placed all the truth on the table so that you can judge it as you see fit.

Especially now that I'm just an ordinary townie, yes, I care about staying alive. But, I'm in a situation where my role has drawn a lot of undue attention to me, so I have to justify my existence and convince you that I'm not lying.

how is this a defense though? a bunch of other stuff happening doesn't make..... what?

I'm just saying that I'm saying two different things that need to be taken in different contexts. If you take them both literally, they are contradictory.

Sorian

Banned
Ok I've got a few minutes. My final words will be coming later.

I've been trying to do both, and really, I had to reveal my role. The confusion that my role would cause would eventually have led to me getting mislynched, which is a waste of a day. That's how I see it and I stand by that decision. I would be one less suspect, or at least a suspect which has placed all the truth on the table so that you can judge it as you see fit.

Especially now that I'm just an ordinary townie, yes, I care about staying alive. But, I'm in a situation where my role has drawn a lot of undue attention to me, so I have to justify my existence and convince you that I'm not lying.

I'm just saying that I'm saying two different things that need to be taken in different contexts. If you take them both literally, they are contradictory.

If I put my vote on you, I hope you know that I believe that you have the highest odds of being scum. I'm not in the market today to make a vote just to satiate some curiosity or build some connections. I feel that we have enough already to make a good guess today on scum.

If I put my vote on you, I hope you know that I believe that you have the highest odds of being scum. I'm not in the market today to make a vote just to satiate some curiosity or build some connections. I feel that we have enough already to make a good guess today on scum.

Believe what you will, I'm not scum. I'll give you my reads and you can take that with you, because apparently that's all I've got to offer here.

This is going to sound like more of me trying to weasel out, but you've wasted a lot of time talking about me today instead of trying to focus on other people; of course I look the scunmiest, you've been scrutizing all my actions. You won't even look at Roy. You haven't pursued anyone as hard as me.

It's not quite tunneling, but it's close.

roytheone

So we are now focused on if launch his claim switch is true or not? I still think it is a little complicated for a fake scum claim, I expect a fake claim from a scum to be as basic as possible to minimize the risk of mistakes. But I will look into it more tomorrow when I will be on my desktop again. I do want to ask him for some clarification: when did you get the second role pm (that you kind of stupidly dismissed as a joke) exactly? Before or after the game started? (If you are allowed to tell this, because the rules preventing you from telling certain things about your pm's will make this discussion even harder).

Anyway, now we are going to be focused on this subject for a while and guess who STILL hasn't answered any of our requests for clarification about his day 2 antics?:

vote:blargonaut

I am seriously starting to get a bit annoyed with him dodging his responsibility for that mess yesterday.

Sorian

Banned
So we are now focused on if launch his claim switch is true or not? I still think it is a little complicated for a fake scum claim, I expect a fake claim from a scum to be as basic as possible to minimize the risk of mistakes. But I will look into it more tomorrow when I will be on my desktop again. I do want to ask him for some clarification: when did you get the second role pm (that you kind of stupidly dismissed as a joke) exactly? Before or after the game started? (If you are allowed to tell this, because the rules preventing you from telling certain things about your pm's will make this discussion even harder).

Anyway, now we are going to be focused on this subject for a while and guess who STILL hasn't answered any of our requests for clarification about his day 2 antics?:

vote:blargonaut

I am seriously starting to get a bit annoyed with him dodging his responsibility for that mess yesterday.

Blarg has had tons of opportunities to post, even ignoring the time he may not have wanted to while the Blargohunt was going on. I do truly believe he is avoiding posting for some reason.

Darryl

Banned
This is going to sound like more of me trying to weasel out, but you've wasted a lot of time talking about me today instead of trying to focus on other people; of course I look the scunmiest, you've been scrutizing all my actions. You won't even look at Roy. You haven't pursued anyone as hard as me.

I am taking opportunities to call people out who aren't being called out for shitty things they do. I haven't said anything about Cabot either, even intentionally ignoring his role claim. Why don't you tell me about Roy if you want to deflect?

cabot

Can't help but to feel like I came out of that the worst, as opposed to Darryl/Launch.

Just ignore my claim which I put decent effort into writing....

yeah, thanks.

Sorian

Banned

Oh, this was probably to me, wasn't it? I'd be going after Blarg much harder than you but that's hard to do when he won't engage. I know you are trying to paint me as tunneling but you keep trying to put words in my mouth, you aren't as important to me as you seem to think you are.

Oh, this was probably to me, wasn't it? I'd be going after Blarg much harder than you but that's hard to do when he won't engage. I know you are trying to paint me as tunneling but you keep trying to put words in my mouth, you aren't as important to me as you seem to think you are.

So the guy who actually engages you and tried to justify himself is more suspicious?

I'm not putting words in your mouth; how else would you put what you're doing? You're using "nobody else is talking" as a reason to railroad me. You're better than this, Sorian.

Sorian

Banned
So the guy who actually engages you and tried to justify himself is more suspicious?

I'm not putting words in your mouth; how else would you put what you're doing? You're using "nobody else is talking" as a reason to railroad me. You're better than this, Sorian.

"Railroading" you even though Blarg, as an example, has held my vote for most of the day phase.

Still waiting for those reads instead of deflection.

I guess I'll see them tomorrow morning

Stop trying to tell me what I've been saying and maybe follow through with what you said.

Still waiting for those reads instead of deflection.

I guess I'll see them tomorrow morning

"Railroading" you even though Blarg, as an example, has held my vote for most of the day phase.

Stop trying to tell me what I've been saying and maybe follow through with what you said.

You voted for me and you keep calling me scum.

I said later, as when I get to a computer. I'm on my phone right now. You don't have to be asses about it. The ideal situation here is that I don't get lynched and we get scum today, somehow. I'm trying to work towards that and all I'm getting is some "you are already dead" shit like you've already decided.

Sorian

Banned

I said later, as when I get to a computer. I'm on my phone right now. You don't have to be asses about it. The ideal situation here is that I don't get lynched and we get scum today, somehow. I'm trying to work towards that and all I'm getting is some "you are already dead" shit like you've already decided.

I've voted for a lot of people during this day phase but sorry, I haven't called you scum lately and if I have at all, it's not as often as you keep trying to paint.

still writing up my reads but

Who cares if you don't actually use the word "scum", the intent is there.

squidyj

really?

Sorian

Banned
still writing up my reads but

Who cares if you don't actually use the word "scum", the intent is there.

Sure, but how does this apply to you? You seem to take my midday votes seriously. That's your mistake here, I give it and take it away quite quick when I want to. Don't worry, you'll know when it's my last vote for the day.

squidyj

you were being kind of a dick earlier in the day phase, now you're sad that people aren't nice to you.

You gave up, self-voted, asked everyone to lynch you and now you're saying you've been working to get scum.... sure, that makes sense if the scum you're hunting is yourself.

you're practically fucking bipolar in this game.

Sorian

Banned
you were being kind of a dick earlier in the day phase, now you're sad that people aren't nice to you.

You gave up, self-voted, asked everyone to lynch you and now you're saying you've been working to get scum.... sure, that makes sense if the scum you're hunting is yourself.

I was thinking of a post to write up and then I refreshed and this was here and I hope you don't mind squidy but I would just like to say these are my thoughts.

Here are my reads.

cabbeh - I still don't completely buy his Miller claim. It feels convenient. I don't think there's enough going here that we would be able to pursue today; I wouldn't know where to begin. He's honestly one of those players I would leave for last, because it's pretty unsafe to lynch him, I think.

roytheone - I'm not sold that he's completely town, but he is very good at acting like town. He's been staying under the radar, and I didn't really have a read on him until this morning; what I found what level-headed, and other than paranoia, I have no reason to doubt him right now.

Darryl - Darryl is flinging a lot of shit everywhere. This is usually how he plays, so it's a hard sell to say he's scum. However, he's been targeting me very aggressively, and I don't know if there's more to it than that. He said, very explicitly, that it doesn't matter what I say to defend myself - I am scum. I know I'm not scum, so I perceive this as very a very anti-town perspective.

Sorian - I actually buy his neutral role claim, at least for now. I kind of see a scenario where the closer we get to the end of this, he ends up surviving and starts looking more and more suspicious. If I were still alive, I would keep my eye on him.

Lone_Prodigy - This guy hasn't even posted. A part of me says we might be taking his ability for granted; on the other hand, I am more inclined to believe he's town because of his ability. Hell, I don't know, I gave my mafia a similar ability. It's possible he's scum.

Blargonaut - I don't know what he's up to, but after the stunt he pulled, I would lynch him immediately. Honestly, he's been after me since Day 1, now he's just watching me fry for whatever reason'. He keeps saying "i'm just waiting" and there he sits, waiting.

squidyj - I've been shuffling around my main suspects a lot in this phase, but squidy is looking pretty ripe to me. How weird that he's phoning this in; he's usually the town crier. I don't buy that him being a replacement means anything.

Timeaisis - Surf's up dude! I don't know if Timeaisis is scum, but he's planting those seeds for when I flip - the "I told you so" seeds. Actually, I saw squidy plant those seeds to when Salva flipped. Squidy and Time would be my #1 and #2's after Blargonaut.

There, those are my reads. Are you guys satisfied?

Because I'm not. I've thought about it, and no. I'm not going to go willingly. I'm going to fight. I have dead town members depending on me to find this scum. So, throw whatever you have at me. If you guys lynch me, you're going to have to fight for it, because I'm determined to prove my innocence. I won't let you guys say it was my fault I was lynched.

6417343742d8375cabb40d7415eb296da9e4f432_hq.gif

Not any more than some of you. Look at your posts. There's a lot of hostility from a lot of you. Like, jesus, I said I would type up the post - here it is.

I gave up because I was driving, then I had class, and I didn't have a chance to defend myself. You guys seemed deadset on it. You guys have been pushing me on silly nonsense that doesn't even add up to actual arguments - "oh you said..."s that aren't even true. It's an honest to goodness witch hunt.

And the more you look at me, the more you keep pulling out irrelevant actions and scrutinizing them more till you're blind to everything else.

I've played this game with my heart on my sleeve and I have no regrets. I'll keep doing that until I'm dead.

squidyj

I like how launch tangentially addresses specific details and phrases in a post without addressing or countering the main intent or logic. it's super pro-town /s

Sorian

Banned
What would you like to know?

What are your thoughts on my post below?

I shouldn't be surprised that you are uncooperative. Ok, so this excerpt below is from the post where you highlighted your reasoning:

I believe your reasoning. You came clean before the day ended and it was clear as day that a lightning rod lie was to the benefit of town in most scenarios, you'd either prevent a kill entirely or possibly get NFA to kill you instead of an important role like Burb. As you even said and as I pointed out in my plan, the one weakness in your claim was that you said the rod wouldn't activate if you targeted NFA which means there was no scenario where you could get NFA to mistakenly kill one of their own. I was purposely vague when I went over this part of my plan and even said something like "I don't remember one way or another if it still activates and I don't care" because I was hoping you'd keep the lie up and NFA would have to re-read your original claim a few times and hope they understood it before pulling the trigger on Burb (and maybe it would have even scared them away from a kill still) but it's too late for that now.

The reason I kept this excerpt and bolded a couple parts is because I have a hunch. The best lies are usually built with some truth to them. Take Fireblend for example. He didn't really lie yesterday, he said he was a switcher and allowed us to assume that switcher was a town role, I don't think he ever directly claimed to be town. The reason I mention it is because one of the cruxes of Blarg's lie was that he was an NFA teammate cut off from their chat that could be "recruited" to the fun team. Why did he include this in his lie? It had no bearing on the claim at all, he could have just said he was a 2-shot lightning rod assigner and that was that, still a ridiculous claim but why add the extra layer of complexity about the team switch mechanic? It obviously made him more suspicious, Salva and Launch were pushing for Blarg for awhile only because he was currently NFA per his claim so it didn't do him any favors. Could he have been trying to signal that he was actually a lost partner that could be recruited by NFA? Is he purposely being vague and unhelpful today because they saw it and recruited him? I figured I'd ask for his explanation again and he'd, at the very least, link me to the post above but instead he's given me two non-answers to my questions. Blarg is Blarg but he seemed a lot more helpful yesterday than he has today. As for the bolded above, your very vague about your faction and your person goals and about how those can be different at times. It seemed like your choice of words was very precise throughout the post.

I like how launch tangentially addresses specific details and phrases in a post without addressing or countering the main intent or logic. it's super pro-town /s

Please, explicitly list your concerns and I'll answer them in order. I don't want there to be any miscommunication in what I'm saying and I don't want to misunderstand what your intent was.

You know why it's dead? This shit:

lol yes.

I'm going to tell you right now so it doesn't come as a shock tomorrow. If there aren't any other tangible leads today, I'm going to sidle onto that No Remove vote. Darryl is hellbent; I'm not sure if I can talk squidy down.

What are your thoughts on my post below?

I believe your reasoning. You came clean before the day ended and it was clear as day that a lightning rod lie was to the benefit of town in most scenarios, you'd either prevent a kill entirely or possibly get NFA to kill you instead of an important role like Burb.

#TEAMEYES

As you even said and as I pointed out in my plan, the one weakness in your claim was that you said the rod wouldn't activate if you targeted NFA which means there was no scenario where you could get NFA to mistakenly kill one of their own.

Yes, my fatal error. I didn't notice until I re-read it all; after that, it was clear that my claim was already /ded. Instead of attempting to salvage it somehow, I chose to openly abort mission and pray that I wouldn't be policy lynched for overreaching.

I was purposely vague when I went over this part of my plan and even said something like "I don't remember one way or another if it still activates and I don't care" because I was hoping you'd keep the lie up and NFA would have to re-read your original claim a few times and hope they understood it before pulling the trigger on Burb (and maybe it would have even scared them away from a kill still) but it's too late for that now.

After I had noticed the flaw in my design, I had seriously considered ignoring it and doubling-down like you were attempting to help me do, but honestly, in the end it was far too risky and admittedly against my objective to continue with faulty equipment.

None of it matters now anyway, unless you'd like to take a shot at it.

The reason I kept this excerpt and bolded a couple parts is because I have a hunch. The best lies are usually built with some truth to them. Take Fireblend for example. He didn't really lie yesterday, he said he was a switcher and allowed us to assume that switcher was a town role, I don't think he ever directly claimed to be town. The reason I mention it is because one of the cruxes of Blarg's lie was that he was an NFA teammate cut off from their chat that could be "recruited" to the fun team. Why did he include this in his lie? It had no bearing on the claim at all, he could have just said he was a 2-shot lightning rod assigner and that was that, still a ridiculous claim but why add the extra layer of complexity about the team switch mechanic? It obviously made him more suspicious, Salva and Launch were pushing for Blarg for awhile only because he was currently NFA per his claim so it didn't do him any favors. Could he have been trying to signal that he was actually a lost partner that could be recruited by NFA? Is he purposely being vague and unhelpful today because they saw it and recruited him?

I didn't come all this way just to defect. No.

I figured I'd ask for his explanation again and he'd, at the very least, link me to the post above but instead he's given me two non-answers to my questions. Blarg is Blarg but he seemed a lot more helpful yesterday than he has today. As for the bolded above, your very vague about your faction and your person goals and about how those can be different at times. It seemed like your choice of words was very precise throughout the post.

ZBfhnJm.gif

Sorian

Banned
#TEAMEYES

Yes, my fatal error. I didn't notice until I re-read it all; after that, it was clear that my claim was already /ded. Instead of attempting to salvage it somehow, I chose to openly abort mission and pray that I wouldn't be policy lynched for overreaching.

After I had noticed the flaw in my design, I had seriously considered ignoring it and doubling-down like you were attempting to help me do, but honestly, in the end it was far too risky and admittedly against my objective to continue with faulty equipment.

None of it matters now anyway, unless you'd like to take a shot at it.

I didn't come all this way just to defect. No.

ZBfhnJm.gif

So vague again, I'm not going to call for your lynch just because you sound neutral because that would make me quite the hypocrite but it's time to cut the shit. What is your win condition in this game?

Top Bottom